Winesett Nursery & Landscaping

Founded 1979 • With Angi since May 2006

1417 Drum Point Rd

Virginia Beach, VA 23457

Full service garden center offering complete landscape design and installation! Also installs irrigation and sprinklers, outdoor lighting, and hardscaping/ pavers. Family owned with a Class A Contracters License. Additional DBA - Winesett Nursery & Landscaping. Additional emails - marylou@winesettnursery.com, nate@winesettnursery.com. Additional contact name - Donna Garrett. Additional phone number - (757) 721-7611....

07/13/2020

katy S.

Winesett clearly is in a position where they don’t need the business! Eli came out for a consult and pretty much shot down all the plants and landscape ideas we had in mind. He told me he would come back to me with a few ideas the following Monday, instead I received an email stating our project wasn’t a good fit for them. I find this terribly arrogant and unprofessional. Blown away that a company who has supposedly been in the business for so many years, would not try and at-least come up with a few options and alternatives for a prospective customer. I will gladly give my $$ to someone else that deserves it and is willing to work for me, the customer!

Description of Work
Landscape design in back yard

04/14/2019

Nora L.

For the past two years, we, as many of our West Neck neighbors, experienced SEVER drainage issues. Despite a previously installed drainage system, our backyard was to the point we could not let our dog in the yard. We contacted Winesett Nursery and Landscaping to assess our issues and develop a strategy to alleviate our problems. Their staff worked diligently to modify our old system and develop a design plan. Those modifications and their design ideas gave us our yard back. They were extremely hardworking and dedicated and followed up with minor adjustments as needed. We were extremely impressed and satisfied with the entire process. If you want a company that displays extreme dedication, friendly and professional staff and a true commitment to solving problems they are the people to call on. We want to thank them for giving us our outdoor space back!

Description of Work
yard drainage

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

10/24/2016

anita O.

Excellent customer service and design.

Description of Work
They did clean up for our landscaping and also did new landscaping. We have use them every year for about 5 years.

07/18/2016

Craig C.

I would use them again. They need to keep me updated on what is going on. Communication is important.

Description of Work
I used Winesett Nursery for landscaping. They landscaped the whole front yard.

05/20/2015

Greg S.

Overall quite well. Two negatives: 1 - Design could have been a bit more practical / foresightful. For example lambs ear (don't like to get wet) planted close to roof drainage area. Shrubs planted too close to Leyland Cypress (which never stops growing) such that they have been 'overtaken'. 2 - Sidewalk of stamped concrete was poured during a very cold (19*) couple of days so it didn't set correctly and cracked in several places soon after. (the work was done by a subcontractor and I didn't pay the second 50% of contracted $)

Description of Work
Landscape Design and Installation including new sidewalk

Category landscaping, stamped concrete

05/02/2015

Mary J.

Perfect! Professional, courteous, respectful. They even washed the dirt and debris from the driveway.

Description of Work
Landscaped front and back yards, removed unwanted plants/shrubs, installed new plants/shrubs, edged, mulched, trimmed existing bushed, upgraded irrigation system.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch

03/19/2015

Lea B.

Explained in depth how they would install pavers to provide long lasting quality. Gave quick estimate and it took a period of time before received written estimate. Price was just too high and was able to get work done by another company with excellent history and quality work. If we had more money would have definitely looked closely at this company to get work done.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate on installing brick patio, 2 walkways, and brick soldiers along driveway.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

03/16/2015

Theresa H.

I contacted Winesett Nursery via email to give me a quote for over 275? of an aging fence. I received a call back within a day to schedule an on-site appointment that was convenient to my schedule. I had a quote for the project within a couple of days. I was able to choose from many different fence designs. Due to the severe weather this past winter the project was delayed since there was snow on the ground. Winesett keep in close contact with me as to the weather delays and when they would be starting the project. Once the job was started I was impressed at how my yard was keep clean and clear of any debris. I was also stunned at how well they communicated with me about what milestones they planned on completing each day. It?s a breath of fresh air to find a contractor that actually does what they say they are going to do! I will definitely be contacting Winesett for future projects.

Description of Work
Replaced 275' of old fence with new cedar fence

Category fencing, landscaping, pavers, gravel

09/08/2014

elizabeth G.

A very professional job! I am most pleased with the completed project. The new landscaping has made me the talk of the neighborhood!! Landscaper ( Tyler Jones) is a certified Landscape designer. Tyler worked with me, Understood my vision and implemented it. Landscaping (Darren and Cody) crew was on time, worked professionally, cleaned up sidewalks and yard after the project was completed and hauled old scrubs away. They also provided me with printed details as to how to care for the yard. Irrigation installer(Eric Graves) was professional. Clearly explained how the new system would operate and returned to test the system after the landscaping crew had completed their part of the project. He made a few minor adjustment as needed. He also provided written material explain how the irrigation system worked. Since I consider this part to be Phase 1 of the total landscaping project, I look forward to working with the professionals at Winesett Nursery again . Thank you for one very happy customer!

Description of Work
Landscaping services included, meeting and discussing the project with me, providing a landscape design for my approval, keeping on contact with me before and while the actual work was being done, creating new flower beds in front and along sides of the house, removing old shrubs,, new soil, new plants, ,mulching ,and adding pavers to flower bed. Installing a new irrigation system to same area.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

09/06/2014

Bryan S.

It went very well. The designers and installers worked with my wife and I for several weeks in order to get the perfect design and proper layout of this large project. Everyone was prompt and professional and the installation was completed in a timely manner. We are very happy with the final product and feel we've created a great outdoor oasis in our back yard. We have received several compliments from family members and neighbors. I would definitely recommend Winesett Nursery to others and intend on using them again for future outdoor projects.

Description of Work
Constructed a large multilayered Timbertech deck (with step lighting) down to a large Belgard paver patio. Added landscaping around the patio and deck then adjusted irrigation to cover the new flowerbeds. The patio included a walkway to the garage, a large natural gas fire pit, two stone columns and a seating wall.

Category decks, landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

08/06/2014

MARCIA T.

Theyvwere friendly and helpful. They have a lot to choose from. Plants were very healthy.

Description of Work
Sold us beautiful pansies at a great price.

08/04/2014

William W.

Very courteous and knowledgeable, but we went with a contractor that would provide the same service for much less cost.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate on installing a large gravel walkway that would also serve as a drainage area for roof water.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

07/22/2014

Joel H B.

Asked for an estimate to replant/add to bushes in front of house. Estimate was $4500. Did not continue with this landscaper due to cost. Had front re-landscaped with shrubs from Home Depot for less than $500.

Description of Work
Did not engage. Too expensive!

05/05/2014

Christopher A.

The job was completed on time and on budget. We were given an estimate and a drawing of the proposed work. We loved the proposed landscaping, so we didn't make any changes. However, we were given the option of making changes before the work was started. If we have any landscaping down in the future, we will be using the same company.

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping.

04/08/2014

Yvette W.

I am 100% satisfied. It was good work and got a couple of trees from them as well. We were concerned that because of the temperature the trees may not make it but they are in full bloom right now. They are punctual and good clean up.

Description of Work
I used the services of Winesett Nursery. We bought a Cleveland pear tree from them.

Category tree service, hardscaping

01/15/2014

Amanda P.

We had a few different companies came out and gave us quotes on doing some work on our front yard. Winesett Nursery came out and they were very punctual. We got a pretty competitive quote from them in relation to what everyone else was offering, which was good. We ended up not going through at that particular time, because other things came up. The process with them of getting a quote and dealing with them on the phone and in person was fine.

Description of Work
Winesett Nursery gave us a quote.

12/15/2013

Jim M.

Work completed quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Replace mulch, prune and winterize sprinkler system

Category landscaping

Thank you for using Winesett Nursery for your project. Glad you are happy with the results. Thanks again, Michael Winesett

08/23/2013

John C.

We asked him to give us a rough sketch of where the plants would be and what plants would be used in what location and he said we could come to the nursery to see the plants, but he couldn't sketch out the property,but when we came to the nursery they would show us a computer generated plan. This would cost us $350.00, non-refundable. If we agreed to let them do the work the $350.00 wold be factored into the cost of the job and if not, we would lose the $350.00. To me under those terms this was not a free estimate when I asked for a rough pencil sketch he said he couldn't do that. This was the first time I had encountered this, so I decided I wouldn't use this company.

Description of Work
Son of Mr. Winesett responded on time and we explained what we were interested in. He walked our property with us and told us what they could do. He explained what the job would entail and that the project was doable.

Category landscaping

Hello, I am sorry if you felt mislead in our meeting. If we could be given the opportunity to provide our services to you I feel sure you would be more than satisfied with our work. As we have received an "A" rating buy all the customers on Angie's list, that we have actually done work for. And a "5 star" by all on Google reviews. Our offer is to discuss basic ideas the customer has in mind and then provide you with a free ballpark estimate. This does not include a drawing. You needed a full renovation of your existing landscape which requires a professional design in order to be done right. It takes hours of time to create a well thought out plan. After that process we provide you with a computer aided copy of what we have designed for a fee. The design fee is applied to the price of the job when we do the work. Most Landscape Architects charge $1,500- $2000 design for this service. We also work closely with our customers and can adjust and change the design to make sure you are totally satisfied before we start any work. We take great pride in serving our customers and doing the best job possible. Thanks so much for your interest and hopeful understanding! Eli Winesett

08/16/2013

Timothy & Alice J.

I have used Winesett in the past and they are they ONLY Nursery and Landscaping Company I will ever use. Tyler Jones with the design department is the best I have ever seen. He provides beautiful examples for you to see prior to committing to the job. He will work with the client to make sure the landscape chosen matches the design of the home, architecture, etc. All the installers are professional, hard-working, and very clean. They showed up on time and cleaned up my property at the end of each day. We are so pleased that Winesett is now offering so many services. We are now just about to have a paver walk installed from the driveway to the pool deck. We did not even think of getting estimates. Winesett will ALWAYS be our first and ONLY choice!

Description of Work
They completely tore out all the existing landscape in our front beds and completely replaced all the plants with new beautiful perennials and trees. They also upgraded our irrigation system in the front and back yard and added beautiful lighting to the beds and the front of the house. They also trimmed/pruned/cleaned all the beds in the back yard as well. Finally, they added mulch and additional chalet rock to the entire landscape.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

07/31/2013

Nancy G.

We picked out Winesett strictly from reviews on Angies List and we were not disappointed. The whole process took about 3 weeks. The crews were punctual, very friendly, and let me know what was going on every step of the way. I felt comfortable asking questions. Our yard looks like it came out of a magazine ~ it is just beautiful! I would not hesitate to use Winesett again. Thank you Winesett Nursery ~ we love our yard!

Description of Work
Tree removal Trimmed low hanging branches Took out old walkways Fenced in backyard Graded front and back New paver walkways Cleared out yard Landscaped front and back All new plants front and back Sod in front and back Mulched front and back

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

02/20/2013

Carol G.

I met with their landscape design representative who walked with me around my entire yard and reviewed all of the work I wanted done as part of the cleanup. He also looked at the side yard bed and discussed with me the plans I had to landscape this area. He took pictures, and got back to me with a landscape design with plant options, as well as pics of the shrubs he was suggesting. We talked and decided on a definite plan for me to submit to my HOA for approval. They came out early in the AM to begin the work, and their crew foreman spoke to me right away to review what I needed to be done. He kept me informed throughout the project, and had me walk the yard with him to make sure everything was being done the way I wanted it. Once they were done with the cleanup and planting of the new shrubs, he had me come out to check it and give my seal of approval. All of the work was accomplished in one day. Winesett did the original landscaping for my home, and I have had them out each year to do my landscape cleanup as well as additonal work over the last 8 years including additional shrubs and a paver patio, adding edging and landscape rock. They have always done an excellent job, and have stood by their work. They are not cheapest landscape contractor, but I feel that you get what you pay for, and in the case of Winesett Nursery you can count on a great job. I have had many compliments from my neighbors on how my yard looks, and never hesitate to recommend Winesett for anyone looking for a contractor to do their landscape projects.

Description of Work
Annual cleanup performed including bed cleanup, trimming of all shrubs, removal of brush and weeds, trenching of beds without edging, cleanup of drainage ditch at the rear of my yard, and new mulch installed in all landscape beds. Also had 13 additional shrubs installed in empty bed at the rear of my sideyard. Winesett Nursery provided an estimate and landscape design in advance of having the work done.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

07/24/2012

Jill B.

We are pleased with the work that Winesett Nursery did. I felt the staff at Winesett Nursery were very responsive, everybody listened.

Description of Work
We have used Winesett Nursery

02/02/2012

CAROLYN E.

Winesette Nursery is located @ a mile from our house and it is very convenient for us to drive there, pick up a few plants and come home again. I've always been impressed with the quality of their plants and shrubs and with the knowledge of the staff. They carry a very large selection of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees. The staff is always busy with watering, pruning and arranging displays. We always been pleased with the service and selection at Winesette.

Description of Work
In the past 15 years, we've bought plants, shrubs and trees at Winesette. I also picked up mulch and compost. Winesette planted our trees as they were a bit too large for us to handle.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, greenhouses

11/08/2011

Nancy H.

They are my favorite nursery. There were a couple of things that I was looking for that they didn't have. If anything doesn't survive and I take it back, they will refund my money. They know what they are talking about.

Description of Work
I buy all my bedding plants from Winesett Nursery.

Category greenhouses

06/21/2011

Maria F.

They clean up all their work, they do a good job. I know that when people were looking at my house when I was selling it, they commented that the landscaping is one of the selling points. They definitely added to the value of the house.

Description of Work
They do all the mulching and trimming in my yard.

Category landscaping, mulch

DanDale Fence

There are dozens of fence companies out there, so why would anyone choose us over them? We have come to find out that many customers who have used contractors typically have bad to average customer service. Our goal at DanDale is to provide exceptional customer service! From the day we give our presentation to the day we fulfill the contract, we work to provide a great experience for you so that when your friends ask about us, then you’re glad to share your experience. Our focus is to work as a team. When our crews work with you, we encourage one another to work together to take care of our customers. We are transparent with the quality of materials, timing, and meeting your expectations as best as possible.

Offers by DanDale Fence on Angi
    GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE

Providing the Hampton Roads area with the finest In landscaping, and turf management needs. Whether you live in Chesapeake or Virginia Beach we can Beautify your lawn, landscape and home. Whether you need lawn mowing, landscape design, fescue, bermuda, zoysia or st. augustine sod, we can help. Whether you have drainage problems, standing water in the yard, more weeds than grass or a paver walkway, driveway, patio or pool deck, we can help. Annual turf management, core aeration, slit seeding, landscape renovation and more..

Offers by GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE on Angi
    New Look Home Improvements

We are a service oriented home improvement company offering quality products at a price you can afford. All of our products come with a lifetime warranty and are installed by a team of professionals that are committed to excellence on your project. We are a Class A licensed company who cannot wait to provide a New Look for your home!

Offers by New Look Home Improvements on Angi
    MasterCard, Check, Visa

Garden center, landscape design and installation, outdoor lighting, irrigation/sprinkler systems, drainage systems, hardscapes & pavers, patios, walkways, fences, decks, driveways, water gardens & seasonal clean-ups.