SONNY'S MECHANICAL SERVICE INC

Founded 1972 • With Angi since March 2009

1296 CREDLE RD STE B

Virginia Beach, VA 23454

Sonny's Mechanical Service was established in 1972 by Sonny Conner. We are a Class A contractor ready to help you with your residential and commercial needs in the Mechanical and Plumbing field....

07/04/2017

Blair E.

Rick and others at Sonny's are always responsive, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
New air conditioner unit was installed. I have also used them for years for a variety of plumbing and HVAC needs.

01/28/2017

Martin B.

Excellently. The Sonny's Mechanical plumber put a washer in the outside faucet and adjusted the level in both of the toilet tanks. He did it quickly, expertly, professionally and courteously. I've used Sonny's Mechanical Service for many years for both plumbing and Heat & A/C and have found them to be reliable, reasonable, efficient, courteous and completely trustworthy. They will be sending me an invoice but I've never found them to be overpriced.

Description of Work
My outside faucet dripped and my indoor toilets were not flushing properly.

10/27/2016

David T.

arrived on time, did work according to contract, and spent time carefully explaining things we can do to help maintain our equipment.

Description of Work
heating and ac maintenance

03/15/2015

Michael G.

The most difficult part of a heating and air-conditioning replacement is determining what manufacture of equipment you want. Finding a reputable installer with qualified technicians to do the work is difficult. It took me six months to find a company that would install the equipment that I wanted. ( I am a 20yr HVAC technician with more than the average homeowner knowledge of systems install requirements and building codes) Sonny's worked with me and provided the information and equipment details of the systems that I wanted in my home. Most all HVAC equipment will operate as designed but reliability depends on the quality of the install. Sonny's technician's were prompt, courteous and experienced. This was the first of two systems I am replacing. I will schedule the second after the initial install operates for six months. The final test of the equipment sizing and installation will be during the cooling cycle this summer. I have recommended Sonny's Mechanical

Description of Work
Complete heat pump with air handler HvAc replacement.

03/04/2015

David P.

Quickly determined the problem and offered additional services since the visit was at a flat rate. The technician then did a complete system check out for no additional charge.

Description of Work
Evaluate a potential problem with the emergency heat portion of the heat pump.

02/03/2015

Lucinda R.

We have used Sony's for 20 years. Always on time and finds the problem. Clerical staff is always the best. Not cheap, but reasonable for this area.

Description of Work
Heat pump inspection plus parts & gas. General plumbing.

01/29/2015

Mary Jane B.

I've used Sonny's since 1985!! Family owned. Responds on a dime to our needs - cleans up after themselves. Provides detail instructions on operations. Very professional & very patient!

Description of Work
Replaced A/C on 1st floor. Provides electrical repairs. Provides plumbing repairs.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

01/25/2015

Roseann C.

Ian was on time and performed all the required maintenance. He is friendly and polite, Sonny's also maintains the A/C system in the past and installed new furnace and A/c. I am quite satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance checkup for furnace.

01/24/2015

Tom V.

The team was in and out over a few days.The experience was few pleasant.The material and work were fantastic.

Description of Work
Installed entire heating and coding system throughout the house.

01/23/2015

HARTWELL R.

Consultation prior to the work resulted in our selecting the correct equipment and a good work plan. The crew was on time, courteous and hard working. They protected our floors and stairs and cleaned up at the end of each day.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 HVAC systems (up and down stairs) and duct work in crawl space.

01/22/2015

Charlie P.

Ian Lundy took time to carefully inspect the bread down, offer alternatives, help us analyze best cost benefit approach over the long run and then performed the agreed upon work in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Replaced blower motor in HVAC air handler

01/22/2015

William M.

Service call was timely as system failed completely. Finished in two days as promised.

Description of Work
Install heat pump, air handler. Another air handler

01/17/2015

Amy C.

We have called on Sonny’s numerous times and have always been pleased. That’s why we always call them. Dave is such a nice guy. Very punctual and professional.

Description of Work
Repair of leak under newly remodeled bathroom. Leak under the house.

01/15/2015

Beach H.

On 2 separate occiaions, unit needed replacement. They came when they said they would come, explained in detail what was being done. THey then helped find us the best cost effective way since they know that the organization is a 501 (c) 3

Description of Work
Two air and heat units needed replacements at the free health clinics.

11/05/2014

Elizabeth M.

We have used Sonny's several times and called them for this particular job after the washing machine drain line kept overflowing every time we did a load of laundry. David unclogged it for us and as usual was very friendly. Great service and we will continue to call them in the future!

Description of Work
Unclogged drain pipe to washing machine.

10/30/2014

Bob G.

Very well. The guy quickly figured out that the A/C capacitor was shot. He quickly replaced it, and showed me what he was doing. He also provided some additional recommendations to allow for better ventilation around my heat exchangers, which was helpful. We have used Sonny's since 2003, when we bought our home. They have done all our AC work, including replacement of a large gas heater, redoing the ductwork under our house, and annual maintenance. Good company to work with.

Description of Work
Fixed air conditioner

10/22/2014

Sturgis K.

Absolutely EXCELLENT as usual. I have been using Sonny's for all of my HVAC and Plumbing needs for over 20 years and they have always exceeded my expectations. I am a single parent with a special needs child and there has never been a time when I have had an and quot;Emergency HVAC or Plumbingand quot; problem that they haven't been able to get whatever it was taken care of immediately. Even when I've had middle of the night heating issues. Sonny's is A#1 !!

Description of Work
Installed a Mitsubishi 9K BTU wall mounted heat pump system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank You for the Great review of our work [Member name removed]. We are looking forward to working with you again on your next project or repair. I know I have enjoyed our conversations over the years, and I hope your family is doing well. Thanks, Eric Conner w/Sonny' s Mechanical

05/21/2014

Edward S.

Eric Connor, one of the sons of the owner, worked with us each step of the way. He reviewed the design and type of duct with us, gave us several options amongst heat pumps and natural gas furnaces , recommended several options at very reasonable cost, and patiently explained everything. We never felt pressured to move forward. The technicians arrived on time and installed everything in the promised timeframe. They kept the work area clean, were professional and pleasant to deal with. The lead technician reviewed the operation of the system with us upon installation. We have operated the new system in both cold and warm weather and couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Replaced the ductwork under our house and installed a dual fuel system with a heat pump and natural gas furnace to replace our oil furnace. Referred us to an insulation contractor to replace the insulation in our crawl space.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and we look forward to working with you again. Thanks, Eric Conner

11/27/2013

Karin F.

Sonny's Mechanical provided the BEST service that I have every had for HVAC from the estimate appointment throughout the entire job. They were on time and very professional. The work took the entire day and was meticulously done. There was not need to clean up after they left. Their price was half of the other companies estimates for a larger scope of work. We highly recommend calling them first...

Description of Work
Enlarged air supply duct to HVAC air handler. Enlarged air supply opening for new grill and larger duct. Insulated additional duct work. Repaired sub floor framing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for the review of our services. Thanks, Eric conner

04/25/2013

MICHAEL B.

Do use this company, well worth the call

Description of Work
My A/C was not working at all. Sonny's Mechanical Service was very quick in response to my call to fix my problem. These guys are the best problem solvers when it comes to HVAC. They even fixed problems with my system from the original install that were done incorrectly. My A/C is working better than ever now. Amazing what you get with a family owned and operated company. They really are all about customer service. Two thumbs up guys, thank you for all the hard work at a good price.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review of our service. We are glad we could help you. Thank you, Eric Conner w/ Sonny's Mechanical

03/18/2013

Rachel K.

We were looking for an additional unit in our sunroom to keep the room full of windows cool in the summertime. They were very knowledgeable of exactly what we needed. The new unit will actually cut down on cost to keep this room cool. The install was on time, professional and seamless. A follow up phone call came and I was very surprised to hear that they cared and they just didn't take our money and run. Sonny's now does our routine maintenance every year.

Description of Work
This company is locally owned and operated in Hampton Roads for many years. They do high quality work at a wonderful price. I called a few places to get price quotes and they were well below everyone else. They offer excellent customer service and when they come back to do maintenance, you know exactly who is coming and what to expect. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my AC, Plumbing and Heating services. Hands down the best in Hampton Roads.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review of our workmanship and company. We are looking forward to helping you in the future.

07/02/2012

Betty G.

Sonny's Mechanical is professional, reliable, and work to high standards to insure customer satisfaction. They arrived on time and worked two full days installing the new equiptment. Mr. Cramer, the supervisor came back the third day following installation to be certain the system was performing as it should. I would not hesitate to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Installed two Carrier Coastal h/p units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review and we are glad you chose Sonny's Mechanical Service to do the job. Look forward to working with you in the future. Thank You, Eric Conner w/ Sonny's Mechanical Service

06/14/2012

Neil Y.

I like them because they saved us from having to buy a new unit installed by someone else. They worked with the manufacturer to get it replaced. They are caring and friendly.

Description of Work
They do routine service on our unit for us.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review, we are glad we could help. We look forward to continually working with you. Thank you, Eric w/ Sonny's Mechanical

01/12/2012

Larry T.

Everything went according to an agreed timetable.

Description of Work
The company installed two new heat pumps, re-located from old positions, which was complicated, and then installed a tankless water heater. All work was very well done, error free and timely. Their product brands perform well, are efficient as they said, and I've had no problems. They do not inflate their products performance but are candid and accurate. They are easy to deal with and customer friendly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Sorry, it has taken us so long to respond to your great review of our company. We are glad you took the time to write about Sonny's Mechanical service. I am now trying to manage our business profile, so I hope you will see some new things soon. This is Eric with Sonny's I helped design the ductwork off you air handler in your garage. Thank You.

07/21/2011

Stephen L. S.

They were on time, got straight to work and had the whole job completed in 2 days. After the inspector came and signed off on the job they were back about an hour after I called to get the range in place and working. They were very professional and quick, will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They ran a gas line from my meter across the attic and down into the kitchen for my gas range, ran ducting up from a hood vent into the attic and out through the roof. They also installed a slop sink in my laundry room and ran plumbing for it.

Yeopim District Welding

At Yeopim District Welding we offer welding and fabrication services at a quality price specializing in commercial projects. We have experience working at boatyards working directly on military vessels. Call us for all of your welding and fabricating needs today!

Offers by Yeopim District Welding on Angi
    Murillo Mechanical Heating and Cooling

OUR MISSION STATEMENT We take personal responsibility to make sure comfort and quality meets accountability & affordability, with exceptional customer service every time! ABOUT US For 12 years, Murillo Mechanical has proudly provided comfort to thousands of homes and light commercial businesses across the Hampton Roads. We are an honest, loyal company who takes pride in our work. We take care of our customers as if they were family. Referrals are where 90% of our business comes from, so the relationships we build along the way mean a lot to our small business.

Hats Off Heating & Cooling

Commonwealth Comfort serves Residential and Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning needs. We take pride in being honest and offering a fair price. We offer : Service, Repairs, Installation, Preventative Maintenance Programs, Sales, Duct designs, and Free estimates. We also offer service and installation of Water Heaters!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

At Sonny's Mechanical Service we provide Air conditioning repair&service, Heating repair and service, Plumbing repair and service and Sewer cleaning. We make Custom made metal air conditioning & heating duct work.