Rick's Concrete, Inc.

Virginia Beach, VA 23453

Award winning!

06/05/2021

michael H.

Contract signed- Feb 2, 2021 First pouring- March 3, 2021 Last pouring after threatening legal action- May 12,2021 final clean up after threatening non-payment- May 20, 2021 I have a driveway with two large depressions that puddle and don't drain. They will be ice in the winter. The drainage ditches were filled with dirt and left that way. I was told the city fixes that. DO NOT HIRE!

Description of Work
double wide driveway

12/12/2016

Fred & Barbara G.

He didn't clean up properly, but the driveway is very good

Description of Work
Install new driveway

10/21/2015

rolando G.

10/14/2015

William Franklin H.

Description of Work
some areas smoothed others very course. some cracks in seams. When reported I was told the job was subbed out and he wasn't responsible.

07/02/2015

Errol J.

Description of Work
The owner came out and was given details of work in January, with no time urgency of work. in March I was given a time and date in which they would come. I could not be available that date and was told they would get back. I called in early April for a date and was called back in May and a supervisor came by and looked at the job and said they would do shortly. On 11 May four workers came by and set forms, in which I had to adjust for straightness and requirements needed. No cement was available. A couple of days later three men came and made the pour which was of proper grade but poorly scored being not strait. The most important part is the quality of workmanship in which one man could have done in 6 hours took at least 20 man hours because of inexperience by most. But, the price was right.

05/14/2014

Brad M.

Description of Work
NEVER RESPONDED TO REQUEST FOR QUOTE. |

08/07/2013

William Franklin H.

I had air bubbles popping up after he had done the job. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone else.

Description of Work
He put down a complete driveway replacement.

02/18/2013

Diane M.

Very honest and knowledgeable person.

Description of Work
estimate to repair a driveway crack.

07/24/2012

Matthew B.

I got them for Angie's List. We got a few quotes for the job, and he was the most reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Rick's Concrete, Inc. poured a concrete patio and a walkway in my backyard. They graded my backyard, and put up a sizeable French drain that runs from the center of the patio out to the grass.

Category concrete repair, drain pipe

07/19/2012

Jeffrey M.

Contacted Rick by phone on a Saturday afternoon. After a brief discussion he said he'd be by on Monday for an evaluation of my driveway and an estimate. He never showed or called.

Description of Work
None performed. He was a no show.

05/10/2012

Sheryl S.

it didn't

Description of Work
Did not call back. I left a message. I guess they didn't want the work.

04/19/2012

Michael S.

He did a very good job. They were very efficient. They did not come in and make a big mess. They did not make any disruptions during the process. After the fact, it was like they were never there.

Description of Work
They poured concrete on my driveway.

10/14/2011

Samantha B.

See above.

Description of Work
I used Rick to redo my driveway and walkway. Cost $2K. I contacted him for 10 by 10 patio. His estimate was $1800. This was too steep for me and $500 more than other quotes I received.

07/25/2011

Anita A.

He was a little pricy. He did a good job in getting the estimate to us in a timely manner.

Description of Work
This was for an estimate for concrete pouring.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, mudjacking

05/09/2011

Richard M.

They were very busy in the neighborhood. I think they did somewhere around 5-8 driveways in the neighborhood. The concrete is still there. They were fine. They seemed to do a good job. They took out the old concrete all the way, removed the dirt underneath, and moved everything. The trucks came in and poured the new concrete, and then they smoothed it. They also replaced my sidewalks. They reset some stairs that were low and below, when I bought the house. Apparently, the builder builds them on dirt, so they put in concrete slab under those. Another fellow came who was recommended by them and reset it, which was not in the price; so I had to pay extra for that. That was totally unexpected, and they were interested in seeing that was done instead of just putting the stairs back on dirt. The stairs were even angle a little bit because of some erosion. They actually made one of the walkway six inches wide then it was which was nice. They did couple of other flairs that were nice. They were two walkways joined instead of having a 90-degree angle and they put some curves in that area which looked little more pleasing to the eye. I was pleased with that. Since they did that, I noticed a small spot way down the road where there is a little piece chipped out; but I haven't bother to call them back for that. It is a pretty big driveway. I have a garage for two cars with two doors. The work that they did is still intact. They were very responsive. They came on time and they said they were going to do. The people who came out were very pleasant and I enjoyed watching them work.

Description of Work
Rick's Concrete put in a concrete driveway for us in July'08.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking

01/12/2011

RAY H.

The job went great. Rick responded to my phone call the next day, his estimate was not the lowest but was reasonable. He called the day before the work was to be done and arrived the next morning at 730 am. He had a crew of six that worked all day long and completed the whole job by 5 pm. The crew was professional in every manner. Because there was a chance of freezing temperatures that night, they came back after several hours in the dark to apply plastic and straw in order to keep the concrete warm so it could dry properly. They returned the next morning to remove the cover and clean up the yard. They filled in the edges where the form were and the job was completed by 10 am.

Description of Work
They replaced my 40 x 46 ft drive way and 40 ft of sidewalk. Removed the old concrete and poured new including removing all debris and cleanup.

12/07/2010

Jay H.

Rick answered his phone the first time I called, and was at my house that afternoon. He gave me a professional price estimate, which included a drainage solution for a water pooling problem I've been dealing with for a couple of years. His price was extremely fair, and his crew began work the day before Thanksgiving. I returned from vacation on Sunday, and the job was complete with the area completely cleaned up. I'm very happy with the whole process, and would highly recommend Rick'd Concrete to any of my friends.

Description of Work
Installed approx 20' x 20' concrete driveway extension and drain system.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, drain pipe

10/11/2010

Kenneth S.

Great! Rick and his crew did a great job from start to finish. Rick answered his phone and was prompt on providing proposal. His crew was freindly, polite and very knowledgeable about what they were doing. My neighbor was as impressed as I was and also hired Rick's Concrete. Great job!

Description of Work
Replaced 20X46 driveway and sidewalk.

09/30/2010

Chris H.

Rick was responsive to our phone call for an estimate and provided one within a couple days. The day we signed the contract, the concrete slab was demolished and removed. It was a few days before the person who does the brick work could do his part. Once that was done, the concrete was poured a couple days later. It took about a week from start to finish. The porch looks great.

Description of Work
Demolished cracked and sinking raised concrete porch and replaced with new. Porch is surrounded by a brick skirt, which also required some work to fix an area that was pushed out and separated.

07/21/2010

Deana M.

Rick came out and gave us the estimate on a Wednesday. My husband and I decided yes and signed the paperwork on a Thursday. Rick had a cancellation and called us early on that Friday and started the job. He had it finished that afternoon. In what world does that happen? The men were professional and polite. The driveway looks beautiful. His quote was hundreds less than many of the other quotes we received. Our driveway looked so nice our neighbor got his driveway done a week later. We are very happy with the service we received by Rick's.

Description of Work
We had our driveway tore up and relayed.

09/17/2009

Michelle C.

To date he is the only contractor who answered his phone. I've called several in the last 2 days with no reponse.

Description of Work
This is a Virginia Beach company who does not service the Peninsula. We are less than 50 miles - maybe less than 40 from this provider. He was polite on the phone.

05/09/2009

Cate M.

Rick's team was great! They showed up when they said they would, everyone was polite, everyone was neat, the worked hard and had to work around some nasty thunderstorm weather to keep the project moving forward. All in all, it was 7 days from digging up the sidewalk to completing the driveway. I am very happy with the work and very impressed with their ability to keep to a schedule. I was able to work with Rick directly who subcontracted the plumbing to another wonderful fellow, Mike Etheridge, which made everything easier for me since the concrete provider and the plumber worked well as a team.

Description of Work
Removed cracked concrete sidewalk, subcontracted to a plumber to lay a new sewer line and new water lines, replaced sidewalk with aggregate while also removing a set of steps at either end of the sidewalk to create a long ramp effect, dug earth and laid concrete to expand parking lot, and created a level base for new steps to the alleyway off the parking lot.

10/24/2008

Richard M.

I thought they did very good work. They arrived on time. It took them several days. They cleaned up well after themselves. They were efficient and skilled at their jobs. I am pleased with the result. Also, they ran a conduit underneath the driveway. They say they do that all the time for future convenience for the people.

Description of Work
They tore out some stairs in the front of my house, the front walkway, the sidewalk and the driveway. They replaced all of that.

10/30/2006

B P.

The contractor called 2 weeks early to get started on the job. It is scheduled to start this week.

Description of Work
A double car driveway is to be removed, the site graded and prepped. New concrete driveway pad will be poured. In addition, a small walkway to the front of the house will be removed and replaced with stamped concrete to match the stonework on the front of the house. All debris will be removed. Permits and utilities to be managed by the contractor.

GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE

Providing the Hampton Roads area with the finest In landscaping, and turf management needs. Whether you live in Chesapeake or Virginia Beach we can Beautify your lawn, landscape and home. Whether you need lawn mowing, landscape design, fescue, bermuda, zoysia or st. augustine sod, we can help. Whether you have drainage problems, standing water in the yard, more weeds than grass or a paver walkway, driveway, patio or pool deck, we can help. Annual turf management, core aeration, slit seeding, landscape renovation and more..

Offers Coupon

JES Foundation Repair

JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They currently maintain offices in Appomattox, Baltimore, Chester, Manassas, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. JES is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes and commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers Coupon

True Clean USA Junk Removal

True Clean USA offers junk removal for residential and commercial customers. Our company was founded by residents here in the Norfolk area. Our Owners have extensive experience in The Armed Forces, Real Estate, Property Management, Residential and Commercial Cleaning and 20 years in the Refuse industry. These experiences coupled with professionalism and a desire to provide TRUE quality service is passed onto our clients. Simply put, “We get It Done” Here at True Clean USA Junk Removal we are focused on providing a great service at an affordable price. We are a full-service junk removal and debris removal company providing quality service to residential, industrial, and commercial clients. We will remove your junk and debris no matter where it is located on the property. Basements, attics, in the rafters, or crawlspaces. We are prepared for it all.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Rick's Concrete, Inc.

How is Rick's Concrete, Inc. overall rated?

Rick's Concrete, Inc. is currently rated 4 overall out of 5.

What payment options does Rick's Concrete, Inc. provide

Rick's Concrete, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Does Rick's Concrete, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Rick's Concrete, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Rick's Concrete, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Rick's Concrete, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Rick's Concrete, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Rick's Concrete, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Rick's Concrete, Inc.?

Yes, Rick's Concrete, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Rick's Concrete, Inc. offer?

Rick's Concrete, Inc. offers the following services: Concrete driveway, walkway, foundation, curbing and flat-work installation/repair. Site work to include parking lot installation, rain/water/sewer pipe installation and removal. Hauling, snow removal, and minor demolition services also available.