Nipper Electric Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2012

**$89.95 Service Call **(waived if estimate approved same day). The Most Recognized Electrician in Hampton Roads. Quality Work, Quick Response Time, Clear Communication, and Customer Satisfaction. @nipperelectric www.nipperelectric.com. At Nipper Electric Inc. we provide a wide variety of

electrician (44)lighting (14)ceiling fan installation (11)generator service (1)

02/03/2022

Lawrence S.

Excellent job. I needed a hugger style fan installation, and they gave me options and did a great job.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan and smoke detector installed

Work Completed On 02/03/2022

11/02/2021

Nate N.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! We did an entire electrical rewire of our 100 year old home with Nipper. Everything started out great. They gave us a quick turnaround on an estimate and while they weren’t the lowest price their price was fair. They showed up when they said they would and we really liked all their workers. Unfortunately, 3 out of our 5 main workers ended up quitting. We were asked to pay them the remaining balance of the work because they needed the money. We understand how hard it is in the current climate to keep good workers. We didn’t hold losing workers against them. The problem is that they then totally stopped showing up. They said they were hiring more people etc and would be back soon. We would call the owner and ask him to send people and we would get 1 or 2 electricians for a couple hours when we needed a full crew for a week. The owner berated my fiancé over the phone when she demanded that they come finish the work we paid them for. We asked the owner, Trey, to come to our house and see for himself what has been done and what has not. In the 9 months that they were “working” on our house he not once set foot on our property. He claimed he knew what was happening there and he didn’t need to despite us pleading with him to do so. Finally after months of us asking them to finish we received a text from the owner saying “I’m done working on your house, sue me” We later called the city to find out if they had even pulled a permit. We found out that they did in fact pull a permit however they had failed the only 3 rough-in inspections that had been done. We are now left with an electrical job that is not even close to being finished and not close to what we paid for or signed a contract on. We now have uncompleted work, we have bad breakers that are buzzing and unsafe electrical wires hanging out of walls. We have an unsafe home that has failed city inspections. Many of the positive reviews you will read here involve workers who have quit Nipper. Again, we thought our workers were great too until they left. With an owner who says I’m done working on your house, berates women over the phone, does not do the work that was paid for and leaves a family in an unsafe home that has failed inspection…I would warn you to run as fast and far away from Nipper Electric as possible.

Description of Work
Entire Home Rewire

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Review for Nipper Electric Inc - 593 S. Birdneck Rd., Virginia Beach, VA - 39530428

12/17/2020

Richard B.

Matt and Ryan were excellent. In slightly over 2 hours they installed 3 fans.

Description of Work
Ceiling fans (3)

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

Thank You [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business!

11/10/2020

Alfred S.

Work itself was good. Little bit of a difficulty getting the inspection with the city scheduled.

Description of Work
Meter box was replaced and the new box was a slightly different size. Also a number of bottom panels damaged.

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

08/17/2020

M P.

Both customer service & technicians were pleasant, professional & knowledgeable. Arrived on time, wore masks & shoe covers. Determined that there was a faulty switch. Would definitely recommend Nipper Electric and use them again.

Description of Work
Diagnostic check for bad exhaust fan/light switch.

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Thank you for your kind words of recommendation, at Nipper Electric we are appreciative of your business and we hope to show that throughout your time working with us. Have Great day!

10/21/2019

Philip C.

We couldn’t be happier! Matt @ Nipper Electric was A+. Highly recommend and will use again. Thanks!

Description of Work
Install Recessed Lighting

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

07/31/2019

Yvonne D.

Exceptionally well. The problems were quickly diagnosed and remedies performed efficiently. The technician was an excellent diagnostician and highly professional. Trey once again exhibited his deep commitment to customer service. This is the 2nd time in about a month I have used this company and will definitely call upon their expertise again.

Description of Work
Diagnosis of a problem with pool-related outside outlets and switches.

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] !! We are grateful for your continued business. We diagnose all types of electrical issues and try to always give you options so you have a choice in what you pay.

07/12/2019

Anthony O.

On time, told me what they were going to do and got it done. When one of the fans I had purchased had an issue and could not be adjusted, Matt took it down and came back the next day at no additional charge to finish the job once I exchanged the fans. Called early when they were running a bit late to keep me informed. They cleaned up all the refuse and would have taken the old fixtures, but they put them in my truck so I could take them to Habitat for Humanity. A little more than I was looking to spend, but I am sure the job was done correctly so it is worth it in the long run. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced four ceiling light/fan combinations.

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

04/16/2019

Robert T.

They responded most expeditiously and they were able to get here within an hour and a half. For the work that they did and the time they spent here, the price was acceptable.

Description of Work
I had them fixed a lighting fixture, they almost rewired it.

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

Thank you for your business. Quick Response time is a key factor we want to separate us from our competitors.

03/28/2019

Audrey M.

AMAZING work, punctuality, and customer service. Nipper Electric went above and beyond not only speaking with us while getting our quote but with the cleanup afterward. We couldn’t be more satisfied with the job they did.

Description of Work
Lights/chandeliers replaced with canned lights and an outlet/light switch moved

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. Installing new lighting is one of our favorite electrical installations. We really appreciate the kind words and look forward to working with you in the future !!

03/23/2019

Jacob B.

Zack and Jacob were on time, courteous and professional, and very knowledgeable. They took the time to answer questions and were effficient. The in-wall insulation posed no problems for them and the install has a neat, clean appearance. They cleaned up and asked about taking shoes off up front, which my wife appreciated. Will definitely rehire. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Running in-wall HDMI and ethernet cables and installing new outlet for wall mounted TV

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

Thank you for choosing our business !! Doing the small things like taking care of your floors and cleaning up our work area like it was before we started will hopefully ensure you have the only electrician you need for your home !!

02/08/2019

Katie H.

I had a great experience with Nipper electric. The entire process was smooth, from scheduling the appointment to fixing and diagnosing the issues. Rocky and Matt provided excellent customer service - they were very friendly, knowledgeable, and explained everything in clear detail. We will certainly use them again in the future for any electrical needs!

Description of Work
Electrical wire and fixture replacement, jetted tub issues

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] !! We know hiring an electrician is not always one of the top things you want to be doing. We try to make the process as smooth as possible !!

12/15/2018

Susan C.

Nipper provided us with a fast estimate, and came and did the work very soon afterwards. Thanks Trey!

Description of Work
Upgrading a fuse box to a circuit breaker for our house.

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

Thank you for the opportunity to work for you !! We always make sure we do great work for our customers but it's our goal to get the job taken care of fast and inconvenience you as little as possible while we do our work !!

11/16/2018

remick D.

I must say that we had nothing but exceptionally fine dealings with them. Deadlines were met, and the quality of their work has been superb.

Description of Work
lighting and electrical

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

We greatly appreciate your business !! Meeting deadlines sometimes is half of the battle. Thank you for your kind words !'

11/12/2018

Dorothy W.

Our project was a big one. Our low voltage patch panel was a total nightmare. Only a couple of our cables and telcon wires were connected, the rest were left hanging. There were so many cables and wires hanging out of the panel that the cover would not close. We could not find anyone willing to install a larger patch panel and connect all our cables/telcon wires. It wasn't a difficult job, just a very tedious one. When Trey was here for another project I showed him the mess. Trey immediately said yes, they could clean up the mess. Trey actually had a couple of guys who wanted the challenge, Matt and Jacob. They guys arrived energized and ready to tackle the job. They more than doubled the size of our patch panel and reconnected all our cable and telcon wires. Matt and Jacob remained upbeat and determined through the whole job, even when there were some weird glitches with splitters and cables. We have a 5G Router plus an extender, 2-DVRs, 7-Set top boxes, Cat5e & telecon keystone jacks in every room. They tested every connection and verified phone, internet, live & FIOS TV were working. We would say that Matt and Jacob met the challenge and exceeded our expectations with a smile and positive attitude. We were blown away with the results.

Description of Work
Rewiring cable & telephone

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

Review for Nipper Electric Inc - 593 S. Birdneck Rd., Virginia Beach, VA - 37545938

[Member Name Removed] we appreciate you choosing Nipper Electric. We do all kinds of electrical work but low voltage, Cat 5, Cat 6, Coaxial Cable, HDMI are all work we specialize in also !!!

11/11/2018

Scott B.

Nipper Electric did an outstanding job upgrading our electrical box and adding 4 circuits. Trey especially was helpful and professional through the whole job. He gave options for each item being worked and allowed for us to decide on what worked best for the upgrade and our budget. I would definitely use Nipper Electric again and recommend them to anyone looking for electrical work.

Description of Work
Electrical Box Upgrade and 4 Additional Circuits Installed

Work Completed On 11/11/2018

Thank You [Member Name Removed] !! We are breaker box specialist and we pride ourselves on giving options from the most economical to the more premier choices with 25 year warranties !!!

10/10/2018

Kathryn P.

Outstanding work . Speedy, thorough and competent. Exceptionally knowledgeable and easy to welcome into one’s home. A small company with a big heart.

Description of Work
An electrical inspection

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

08/16/2018

Brenon O.

They were amazing. Not only does Nipper find the problem, they identify the best solution, and not just one that costs the most money. In fact, Trey (owner) called me to explain a fix that saved me money and prevented me from having to lose power for days. We are new to VA Beach and Nipper has been the best discovery. I trust them to take care of my family when I’m gone (has happened) and their guys are all wonderful. Do yourself a favor and call them. When you talk to Trey (who ALWAYS responds) you will talk to an experienced, genuine, standup guy who hires the same.

Description of Work
Lost power once and twice lost power in part of the house. They had to isolate the issue and once figure out how to restore power with minimal resources at the house to utilize.

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

06/10/2018

Neel S.

Wow, these guys are great! I had an emergency situation at my home late on a weekend as none of my electricity was working. Trey quickly diagnosed the issue in no time and clearly explained to me what was going on in my home. Mind you, he did so patiently even after I asked the same questions several times! I will definitely recommend these guys to anyone looking for electrical work due to their great customer service, integrity, and knowledge!

Description of Work
Electrical Work.

Category electrician, lighting, generator service

Work Completed On 06/10/2018

04/25/2018

NATHAN W.

Prompt, friendly and professional service. The result of their work was exactly what I had in mind and looks fantastic. They had my electric vehicle charger installed from quote to finish in just days.

Description of Work
Electric vehicle charger install

Work Completed On 04/25/2018

04/03/2018

Tim K.

Went so well. I expected to get hit with tons of charges. And a delay in the fix. They exceeded every single expectation. I would not hesitate to call them again

Description of Work
My dishwasher was broken with 10 guests coming over for dinner

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

03/10/2018

Emil L.

The guys did a great job. They said I would be out of power for 8-9 hours. It was actually a little more than 7 hours. They were respectful and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Electrical panel replacement