Master Painters

Founded 1986 • With Angi since May 2006

Master Painters provides outstanding interior and exterior painting services to commercial and residential clients in the greater Virginia Beach, VA area. We are an experienced Hampton Roads Painter emphasizing professionalism, quality, and customer satisfaction. We offer quality workmanship at

A Service Provider's profile imageAcoustic Ceiling RemovalDeck Stain

interior painting (569)house painting (89)pressure washing (47)wallpaper removal (47)drywall (34)woodworking (16)plastering (12)gutter cleaning (12)cabinet refacing (4)deck cleaning (3)

10/06/2021

Tristan M.

I recently bought a house and was not impressed with the previous owners' paint choices. I called up Master Painters and within 24 hours I had a quote. Within 48 hours, they had started work. I was on a tight timeline because my movers were scheduled for Wednesday. Master Painters started work Monday morning and had painted the entire three story house by Tuesday afternoon. I cannot overstate how impressed I am with the crew's skill and speed. The house feels brand new and I am so pleased that I decided to splurge on getting the whole place done. I will never call anyone else for any future jobs. Worth every penny and then some!

Description of Work
Paint entire house

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

01/09/2021

Heidi M.

Made an appointment for an estimate and he never showed, also never responded to a text asking if we were still meeting, wasting my time on a Saturday. Wouldn’t hire based on this aspect of unprofessionalism alone.

Description of Work
Interior walls and trim painted

Category drywall

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

12/16/2020

Sade S.

The service from Harvey and Peggie was great. Their team had everything done in less time than we expected and the work was flawless!!!! I highly recommend!

Description of Work
I had the house interior and garage painted prior to moving in

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

10/16/2020

Cathy P.

Very satisfied. Arrived on time, very organized and professional. Did a great job!

Description of Work
Interior painting & wallpaper removal

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

06/21/2020

Edward Y.

Work was well done. Very pleased with the person who handled the job.

Description of Work
Pressure washing of home, driveway and patio.

Category pressure washing, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/21/2020

05/09/2020

Deborah L.

painting entire interior of home, also front and back doors

Description of Work
Outstanding job! Quick turnaround and the owner and his wife gave me great suggestions on the best colors to use . Very professional, prompt and easy to work with. Trustworthy. I had given them half the amount upfront, then I had a terrible accident that delayed the work for almost a year. He picked up where we left off almost a year later, finished the job ahead of time and did not increase the price .He was also the lowest bidder. Highly recommend

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

02/14/2020

Jerry T.

I've used Harvey's company 3 times and they have been great to work with and have done a fantastic job for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
interior and exterior painting

Category drywall, plastering, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

02/14/2020

Diane R.

I received excellent, professional service from the quote to the finished product. Harvey and Peggy and their crew were very helpful and went out of their way to make sure I was highly satisfied. I will hire them again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

12/19/2019

Joanne F.

The painter {Jamal I think, I'm sorry I don't remember his name} was courteous and showed up on time. He did a good job. However, the proprietors were shady in not making obits discounts as noted on their site. I called to inquire about this and the only thing he said was, "You didn't mention it. Didn't you read when you inquired about us?"I will not be using them again for my future projects. Make sure you inform them pyror to using them that you want the deal that saves you $90. These people are shady.

Description of Work
I asked for my living room to be painted.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 12/18/2019

11/14/2019

andrew & Vivian H.

The group arrived on time as scheduled and they were very neat and clean during the painting process. They did an excellent job and we would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

10/24/2019

Wendy B.

Our father passed away and we needed to get his entire townhome painted. Walls, ceilings, and trim. Harvey was very professional, friendly, and got the job done quickly. He covered everything up that wasn't painted and left a clean site.

Description of Work
Entire townhome painted.

Category pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

09/13/2019

Dan P.

They were fantastic. Very professional and meticulous. They performed daily QA that found and fixed areas I didn’t even see. I would definitely hire them again and recommend them to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Interior walls and ceilings and exterior trim and pergola

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

04/25/2019

Latrice G.

I hired Master Painters to pressure wash my 2 story home with a screened back porch. They were on time and very courteous. I appreciated his professionalism and thoroughness. My home looks as new as the day we moved in. All of these services made this project affordable and enjoyable. I am grateful that our home project proceeded without issue or complaint. Thank you so much for completing our project.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing

Category pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

04/06/2019

Lauren F.

Have hired multiple times, would hire again! Always great work, on time, and very reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 04/06/2019

03/19/2019

mary D.

Great experience! They painted my whole house: walls, ceilings, door and trim, prepped by caulking where needed and patched some damaged areas. Very professional and did a great job. They cleaned up after themselves every day and worked around my schedule. Will definitely hire again when it is time to paint the outside!

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

03/01/2019

Lula S.

Master Painters did an exceptional job. The owner and painters were professional, prompt and responsive from the time we purchased the deal until the job was complete. We were pleased with the quality of the painting, the cleanliness and care they provided. Ours' was a small project, but they were exceptional in the professionalism and attention they provided. They accommodated our every need, which included changes and additions to the original work order. I look forward to using them again and wish they provided other home services in addition painting.

Description of Work
House painting/Family Room

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

01/26/2019

Kimberly H.

He was as helpful as he could be! I would definitely hire him!

Description of Work
I did not hire yet but was very impressed with a phone conversation I had with Harvey

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

12/04/2018

Lois R.

Everything went perfectly. They arrived on time. Took down blinds and draperies, laid down tarps, moved furniture and bookcases, spackled, puttied, sanded, painted, and put everything back in place before they left each evening for 3 days. They did such a good job, I got them to paint and repair the front porch before they left.

Description of Work
Paint living room, dining room. Paint and repair trim work in hallway, sun room, and kitchen.

Category plastering, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

07/09/2018

Catherine G.

The work was done professionally. There was a delay in finishing one part of the job, but ultimately, it all turned out well.

Description of Work
paint interior garage, clean and fix gutters, paint interior back door, fix plasterboard hole in kitchen and repaint

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/16/2018

06/14/2018

Ashley N.

When I did a walk through with my previous tenants, I discovered the walls were stained. They had used the wrong paint color and sheen when patching the walls. The new tenant was scheduled to move in two days later, so I frantically called painters to come and give me estimates. When I called Harvey, he said he would come by that same day to prepare an estimate. He came by and thoroughly explained why the walls needed to be completely painted and gave me an extremely fair estimate. Not only was the price right, but he said his crew would do it the following day so that it would be ready for my new tenants. As promised, a crew of four showed up early the next day and finished the entire unit by lunch, and they did an amazing job. I will definitely hire Harvey again.

Description of Work
Paint Interior Walls

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

05/18/2018

Paul B.

Excellent!!! Very punctual for estimate appointment and the day of work. Good communications. Owner showed up on the day with the painters to ensure that my expectations were understood. The showed up with all the necessary equipment/ladders/materials and were ready to work. They cleaned as they went, were very respectful of my home, and efficient.

Description of Work
Painted interior accent on 18 foot tall fireplace and built-in accents

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

05/17/2018

Doris B.

The work itself was good. Right from the start the workers had some kind of music set up and it was so loud. I couldn't hear myself think. My windows were open and my handyman said people driving by the house were just looking at it because it was so loud. When I made the owner aware of the loud music, he said that's how they work best. I had given the owner a white paint card to let him know what color I wanted. When I arrived home, the walls were blue. I immediately called the owner and told him I don't want blue. He blew up at me. He said it is not his fault. He told me he gave the person mixing the paint the card and they mixed it wrong. At that point I considered firing them but was afraid of retaliation. I asked him what can we do to fix this. He was fussy and said don't tell me I have to get up and come over there. I told him I do not want a blue house. I asked him if he could go buy some white paint and fix it. He finally agreed to buy the white paint. He showed up with the white paint and they repainted the walls. They didn't cover some of the floors and I had to call the owner to let him know. He called the workers and told them to cover the floors. The damage was already done, there are speckles of paint on the trim and floor.

Description of Work
They painted the dining room living room, hallway and 3 bedrooms.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

05/03/2018

Tom V.

Harvey and his team did a great job. Great communication, timely and great work

Description of Work
Pressure Wash, Exterior Painting (brick), Interior dry wall repair and paint, Hung Shutters

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

03/06/2018

Gayle G.

The owner Harvey is personable and responsive to inquiries and the price was reasonable for what was contracted. The problem is that the work was not performed well. My biggest complaint is that I specifically told Harvey that I was deciding whether to paint the cabinets or have them refaced. I asked him if he could achieve a smooth, durable surface on the cabinets and he said he could. Well, they aren't smooth or durable. I have attached pictures. Since they were not covered in polyurethane or any protective material, paint comes off e