Lucy & Lucy Services Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since September 2012

4.4

5519 Keydet Dr

Virginia Beach, VA 23462

My company started in 2007 with myself and my grandfather we are now staffed with 9 employees that assist in all areas of the business from lawn services to janitorial we are equipped to handle any job we are licensed and insured.

02/03/2016

Leslie F.

Great experience with Terrence Lucy. Very patient and consultative on exploring options for refreshing my front yard. Would definitely use Lucy & Lucy again.

Description of Work
Defined bed and consulted on future needs

Category lawn service

Thank you for the opportunity, Lucy & Lucy services enjoy being able improve your yard for you and your neighbors to appreciate!!!!

10/23/2015

RAY H.

They did a great job. They gave us the same deal on extra mulch even though we needed twice as much mulch as the deal offered.

Description of Work
Spred 7 yards of hard wood mulch

06/08/2015

Beth M.

I was in a pinch! I had a rental property that was in desperate need of lawn care (so I was told). I had a lawn care company no show a couple of times and the yard was in disarray. The new company I hired was not scheduled to start until the following week. I contacted Lucy & Lucy and explained that I simply needed someone, quickly, for a one time cut. Mr. Lucy offered to look at the property the same day I called and to cut the lawn the following day. It was a huge relief!! After all of that, I was informed that the property had been taken care of. I did not use Lucy & Lucy Services but am extremely grateful for their willingness to help me out!

Description of Work
See details

02/15/2015

Nadine R.

They responded very quickly. Came out to see the work to be done within 2 days. Work was done within 10 days. They were not able to provide the plants I wanted, so made substitutions. It was at the end of November, so will not have a chance to see how they look until spring/summer. Promised to return with drain pipe through top soil, but never came. I had hoped to get bushes trimmed as well, but that would have cost more. They were very nice, but I thought they were a bit high priced.

Description of Work
Cleared area around recently removed tree in back yard and landscaped with top soil, and mulch, 3 bushes and about a dozen small perennials. Added a bush in the front yard. Built a retention box around an 18' x 5' area and filled with topsoil and mulch.

Category landscaping, mulch

11/03/2014

Geoff K.

VEry pleasant and polite man who took care to spread the mulch in the beds without disturbing the existing plants. We used him because of the reduced price special that was offered. The quality of the mulch was good also.

Description of Work
Edged the front lawn and spread mulch around the front.

Category lawn service

Thank you for your business!!

10/28/2014

Elisa M.

Delivered mulch to property, spread the mulch in the areas I asked them to, had me inspect the work when they were done & did a great job of cleaning up afterwards. Very punctual & very nice company to deal with!

Description of Work
Delivered mulch to residential property & put the mulch down as well.

Category lawn service

Thank for your business and the honest review of the service you received.

10/14/2014

Deanne J.

Canceled services on 3 occasions. I waited around for them once, when they said they would be there, they didn't show so I called and was told they didn't work in the rain. It wasn't raining where I was and I was never notified that they were not coming. They finally did come (10 minutes late). Spread the mulch but did not put down border as was advertised in there Angie's List coupon.

Description of Work
Spread Mulch in bed and around a few trees.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

I apologize if you were not happy with your service that was provided , however if in the future you need services please feel free to contact us and let us know at that time how we did.

10/07/2014

Felicia J.

Did exact what I requested, owner very professional.

Description of Work
Spruce up front and back yard, cut grass edge, mulch, plant flowers by mail box, trim bushes, remove yard debris to front of yard for pickup.

08/12/2014

John G.

Everything went great. The owner did a walk-though with me regarding where the mulch would be place and his guys went to work very quickly and had it completed in a very timely manner.

Description of Work
I purchased the deal on Angie's List. The owner coordinated with me on a couple of occasions and the work got done pretty quickly after my purchase

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Thank you for your business!!

07/20/2014

Barbara P.

Great services and nice folks!

Description of Work
Mulch and lawn care

Category lawn service, mulch

Thank you for the review of our work, we would also like to thank you for your business and continued service!!!

07/03/2014

Frances C.

Very helpful and friendly service.

Description of Work
Re-bed flowers and clean up flower gardens.

Category lawn service

Thank you for your review of our work and your business!!

07/03/2014

Patrick M.

It went great they showed up on time and made quick work of the job. They cleaned up after themselves and everything was great I will definitely look for this deal again next year.

Description of Work
Provided and spread 2 cubic yards of mulch and did edging

Category lawn service

Thank you for the opportunity!!!!

06/25/2014

marcia E.

l was ill and I did not go outside to meet Mr. Lucy, but I could see through the window and hear them outside. After mowing the front only and edging, Mr. Lucy called and told me he was finished. I asked if he mowed the side of the house. He did it and called and said he was finished. I asked if he had cut the hedges. He called me and said that he was finished. I looked out the window and saw that he had not cut all the hedge. He cut all the hedges on one side of the house and trimmed the inside of the hedges. They were finished before the hour was up. Because he kept calling I thought that I had only purchased two hours, but I had purchased four hours. I didn't realized the time until I was ready to write the review. I contacted Mr. Lucy to ask him to come and complete the last two hours. He said that he couldn't and I should call Angie's list. I contacted him again and he said that I should have contacted him earlier and that he had done all the things that I had asked him too and he shouldn't have to return the money for the other two hour or finish the job. I reminded Mr. Lucy that I paid by the hour. He said that he had three people helping him. I didn't see or hear three people, but again I paid for four hours 1 person for four hours or two people for two hours. I told Mr. Lucy everything I wanted done before he arrived, but he kept telling me he was finished knowing he had not finished my list. I feel that I should receive a refund for the two hours that was not used. No, I no longer want Mr. Lucy to complete the last two hours. I would not hire Mr. Lucy again.

Description of Work
mowed the lawn, trimmed some of the hedges, and weed wacked edge of lawn.

Category lawn service

Sorry that the customer was ill on this particular day, but the deal was for one man four hours two men two hours. But I had three and we cut, edged, trimmed ,also cut bushes and trimmed hedges along fence on both sides of her house. I had to call and confirm everything we did and at the end of two hours I called and told her we were finish and she said ok. I'm sorry if you misread the contract, but should you need services in the future feel free to contact us and thank you for your business.

06/10/2014

Patty R.

Provider mulched beds quickly and cleanly.

Description of Work
Mulched beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Thank you for your review and your business!!!

06/09/2014

Michael P.

They showed up that day prior saying they were in the neighborhood that if I was interested they could do the job then. I was busy planting and said possibly in a few hours. He said he would call me later to check. He never called which was good since I wasn't finished planting. They arrived the next day as originally planned. He said that is there was not enough mulch to cover my yard he would have to get more and charge me extra. I said that is fine. I mulched my yard on my own last year and used 40 bags of 2 cu ft Scott's mulch (equals 80 cu ft) and here I'm getting 200 cu ft, so I thought that was definitely enough to cover. I told the guy I had to leave for out of town since they came later in the afternoon. I returned the next day to find more than 10 plants were fully buried in mulch with many more plants having there lower limbs buried. I uncovered the buried plants and one of them was stepped on and broken. There were also a lot of thin spots where my old black mulch was showing. My daughter said they left with mulch still on the trailer, confirmed by my neighbors camera surveillance security system. I called them up and said I was not very impressed with how my plants were covered and how thin the mulch was laid. He got very defensive and said I should have told him whether I wanted it down one or two inches thick. I told him, he is the expert that he should have brought that up and that he should have used his entire load if he thought I was going to need more as he warned of the extra cost at the beginning. I also said I wanted him to replace AND replant the plant they killed. He agreed and said he would be by the next day to fill in bare spots and plant the begonia. The next day they did come. They left a potted plant on my steps, did not plant it as they agreed and my neighbor said they threw around some mulch and left in a hurry. I still have black mulch coming through and a lot of areas that do not have at least one inch of coverage. As it has rained and the mulch settled, I have noticed there were a lot of stones in the mulch too. I know my garden. I put down top soil two years ago and had mulched it two years in a row, so it is wrong to infer the rocks were already there...the rocks are on top of and within the brown mulch they laid. I was not impress with their work nor how they were neglectful of my flowers.

Description of Work
Was supposed to lay down 200 cu ft of mulch.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to show you the quality service we provide. I'm sorry we were unable to satisfy your wants in your yard, we will take to heart your review and do better in the future.

05/31/2014

Rachel H.

Had to reschedule from April 8th due to weather, but arrived on time the following Saturday as planned and provided outstanding, professional service. Original "deal" was for $125 for 2 hours of work, but the work itself ran a bit over the two-hour period so it was an extra $75 for them to finish up (he warned me ahead of time, but I naturally wasn't going to tell him "no" considering they were close to finishing anyway). A bit of a frustration there, but it was fair. Clean-up was outstanding and the yard looked great.

Description of Work
Provided basic yard clean-up (leaves and debris), mowed and trimmed/edged entire yard.

Category lawn service

Thank you for your business, we are happy when our customers are pleased with the hard quality work we provide.

05/16/2014

Rebecca Z.

I wanted them to clear out one side of my yard, it included bushes, weeds and some very small trees. To make sure they had enough time to clean it up all, I told them that I would move all the debris afterwards. They found some poison ivy and said they would not go any further, so only half of the project was completed. I would have thought they would have been prepared for all kinds of plants. They tried to leave an hour early, but my wife caught them at the street and made them cut our front yard. The trees that they cut, they cut a foot above ground and then just left the odd looking stumps.

Description of Work
cut some small trees and pulled out some bushes

Category lawn service, tree service

05/15/2014

Elisa M.

From the day I purchased the deal, everything went great! Terrance Lucy (owner) called me that day to sked a date to deliver the mulch. He asked me what color & type mulch I wanted which was unexpectedly nice. He & his co-worker arrived on the agreed upon day (they were a bit behind due to bad weather so factor that in - but they called to let me know they would be a little late). I appreciated the call! The mulch was perfect, they put it down, spread it and edged it. They asked me numerous times to review their work: was the mulch deep enough. was it being put down in the right places, was there anything else I wanted or needed. Great service! When they were done (2 hours later), they asked me to inspect their work & let them know if I wanted them to do anything else. They had cleaned up using a blower, broom, and shovel to scoop up the excess garden debris & mulch. The place looked FABULOUS! We talked about some of the reviews - he let me know he many good (A & A+) reviews on Angie's List but a couple of not-so-good ones due to people (customers) likely not really understanding what the deal included. That made perfect sense to me. I would definitely RECOMMEND Lucy Services! I asked for their business cards to hand out to friends & neighbors. He's a great guy & delivers a great service as promised. I will use them again!.

Description of Work
Lucy & Lucy Services put down 550 sq ft of mulch in my garden, edged the areas of the garden where they put the mulch down & did a fabulous job of cleaning up after themselves.

05/14/2014

Norma G.

I bought a coupon and Mr. Lucy showed up the first time with another worker--later than he had said, but it wasn't a big deal. Both were very pleasant and did an excellent job doing a general clean-up of the yard. He had some good ideas about other things that could be done, so, even though his hourly fee seemed high, I asked him to come back and start doing some of the things he had suggested, because they did good work and seemed reliable. The second visit went about the same--this time they were much later than they said, but I was working from home, so again, not a big deal for me. I told him that we would like to hire him on a regular basis to do yard maintenance, and we agreed that he would first meet with my husband when he came back to town to talk about exactly what he would like done. The third time, Mr. Lucy called and said he would be several hours later than the appointment and then arrived 1 1/2 hours after the time he said on the phone. He came alone and said he was not able to finish cutting down some reeds he and his helper had started to remove in the back yard until he had someone else helping him, but he had plenty of other stuff to do and did a good job. However, he charged the same hourly fee, even though it was only one person working. I didn't question it because he said that when he came back on Saturday, there would be three people. I rearranged my schedule so that I would be able to go with him the garden store as he had suggested, but he never showed and I never heard from him. One note: I rated him a D for professionalism, not for the way he was when he was here--he was very professional--but because I think being continually late and especially not showing up at all and leaving a job that he started unfinished is the opposite of professional. Too bad, because he seemed like a really nice guy and did good work, but I would not recommend him if you need someone reliable.

Description of Work
Cleaned up debris and weeds in front and back yard. Trimmed tree branches overhanging pool, tilled and removed roots from flower beds where shrubs had been removed. Mowed and edged lawn.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

[Member name removed] I have called you numerous times since I last left your house and I have yet to receive one call back from you. I have spoken to you on various occasions by phone to confirm many things in the past, so for you not to return my calls I was unsure if your husband had come home and had you stop the service or if you had become ill. We were making great progress in your yard I am just stunned this is how I receive notification that nothing is wrong and your alright. I thank you for your business I would hope we could resolve and finish the yard since it was almost complete!!

05/13/2014

John K.

Received first communication well after they were supposed to contact me. Set up an appointment for a Friday afternoon - they never showed. Suspecting that it was due to inclement weather, I expected a message to reschedule that never came. I don't want to do business with a company that doesn't care enough to follow up with their customers.

Category floor cleaning

Sorry but we never received a call from you in regards to janitorial services.

05/13/2014

David S.

It was excellent. They were very thorough ,efficient and courteous. The work was very good and our interactions with them was also pretty good. I didn't spend anything extra and they came out within a week or 10 days of my purchasing the deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal coupon from Lucy & Lucy Services Inc to do a Spring cleanup of the yard

Category landscaping, lawn service

05/12/2014

Cheryl O.

When I first called, it did not sound like a business. When I asked him how much it would be to do my yard he said it would be $164 and he never called.

Description of Work
They were supposed to show up April 25 in the morning between 8 and 9 and they never showed up. They were supposed to put down top soil and mulch.

Category mulch

05/10/2014

Cheryl S.

He was supposed to come at 5 on the first appointment day, as I was waiting for him a neighbor mentioned he had been there at 3. I called Mr. Lucy to see if there had been a miscommunication. He replied that he had come by to see if I might be home because he had a cancellation. He said he would come after his current job,but it became too late and he called and requested we move it to the next day. He was to come at 4:30,but was late. Once he finally arrived though, I was very pleased with his work. He did not rush and did all that was promised. I would have him come back again. I think because he is a small business it is easy to fall behind, so I understand that, he just needs to keep the customer updated as to the status.

Description of Work
I purchased the mulch and edging deal.

05/05/2014

Lawrence J.

I was very happy with the work perfumed by this company. I will definitely call them in the future. They were very professional and polite. My only complaint was the time, I was told they would be here in the morning and they didn't get here until the afternoon, because of the weather the days before I could understand, but a phone call would have been nice.

Description of Work
yard service

04/29/2014

DAWN B.

Horrible communication. Rescheduled---day of reset appt never showed. Your loss as I had an UNLIMITED budget for my back yard.

Description of Work
4 hours of lawn clean up for $125.00

Webley's Cleaning Services

Webleys Cleaning Services is owner operated and focused on Quality Work and customer satisfaction. We know what we're doing! Don't hesitate to reach out for a quote today

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

2022 Super Service Award

GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE

Providing the Hampton Roads area with the finest In landscaping, and turf management needs. Whether you live in Chesapeake or Virginia Beach we can Beautify your lawn, landscape and home. Whether you need lawn mowing, landscape design, fescue, bermuda, zoysia or st. augustine sod, we can help. Whether you have drainage problems, standing water in the yard, more weeds than grass or a paver walkway, driveway, patio or pool deck, we can help. Annual turf management, core aeration, slit seeding, landscape renovation and more..

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

Aeration,seeding, Flowerbed cleaning ,irrigation, Flowerbed reconstruct, Mowing, Edging, Shrubtrimming, Tree pruning, Dethatching, Fertilization, Stripping, Waxing, Damp mopping, Restroom cleaning, Building cleaning, buffing.

No hardscapes.