Johnny the Locksmith

Founded 2013 • With Angi since June 2014

Whether you’re locked out of your home or need to upgrade the locks in your house, we can help. Our expert locksmiths have the tools and training to pop open all kinds of residential door locks as well as install and repair locking systems commonly used in homes. We make sure that you never have to

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

locksmith (43)

05/18/2022

Cynthia H.

Ron Cruz was the technician that came out. I was quoted a much higher price at frist over the phone and wasn't going to use them at 1st. But then they called me back and told me they would charge 1/2. Ron was very professional and friendly. He was also efficient and sympathetic to my situation. I would recommend that you request the tech if given the choice. He even charged my $10 less than the 2nd quote of $60.00 so I wouldn't have to borrow it from my neighbor. I wish many blessings to this remarkable person.

Description of Work
I was locked out of my home after a long day at a Dr's office..

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

01/12/2021

John K.

Prompt, same day service. Locksmith was professional and competent, excellent service, would hire again.

Description of Work
Replacement of front door lock assembly

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

12/22/2020

Janet P.

Youn male arrived with jeans almost entire buttocks. Was not wearing mask and when asked to put one on he did not want to do so. They quoted a price over the phone and then they wanted to charge me more. Also, they did not tell me that they would only accept cash. I did not have cash in my home. They reluctantly accepted a check from me, During their time at my home, the tech did not explain what he was doing and when I asked them they appeared bothered. They answered my questions curtly and rudely.

Description of Work
locks rekeyed

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

10/16/2020

Greta S.

I was told a different (lower) price on phone. The professional that came was concerned & called company to give me a small break. She was excellent.

Description of Work
Rekeying on new home.

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

04/24/2020

Kipland A.

I called him, the service call is 29.99. Locksmith came out and was done in 3 minutes. He tightened my lock and nothing else. The technician attempted to charge me $114.00. I called the main office and had fees lowered to $50.00. Going forward, I will make sure to get details before dealing with the service guys. I am unsure if I would use them again. Someone else may have a better experience. This was our experience and it seems the technician attempted to morally take advantage of us.

Description of Work
Lock needed repair

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

02/25/2020

Therricka C.

Johnny was the best!! His friendliness and the quick response has me still baffled. I've haven't met anyone like him in a long time. Keep up the good work!”

Description of Work
Emergency key lock change for our business

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

10/26/2019

Tammy C.

I hired Johnny the Locksmith to replace several locks/doorknobs in our home. After he left I noticed the front door didn't even lock while it was shut, he had to come back later in the day. So I got concerned and checked all the other locks/doorknobs to make sure he did his job properly and we wouldn't have issues later. I noticed the doorknob going to the garage, which he replaced, kept sticking. When he came back I showed him and he said its just doing that because its new. So I let it go, but a week later when the knob continued to stick while trying to open it, I called back. I got his receptionist who put me on hold and Johnny came on the phone. He was rude and had an attitude like he didn't want to come back out to fix it! He tried to convince me its because the knob is new. I've lived in several homes and never had a doorknob stick like this! That is not true. So now fast forward 3 months later, the doorknob still sticks and now we'll have to pay another locksmith to repair it. All because Johnny doesn't guarantee his work and wanted no part of coming back. I got the impression that all he was worried about is rushing onto the next customer to make more money. So sad to treat customers that way. I would NOT recommend Johnny the Locksmith for any locksmith services.

Description of Work
Replaced Locks/Doorknobs

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

09/20/2019

peter C.

great service and professionalism...the tech tech took pride in his work and made sure it was"right" and he even corrected faulty work done by another contractor.

Description of Work
installing exterior and interior locks

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

08/13/2019

Jody H.

Extremely well. Was on time, personable and even told me what I could do to prevent the problem from happening again. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
door handle replaced

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

07/01/2019

Frankie H.

Johnny was very professional and took the time to explain everything which was very nice. He also made excellent suggestions and also explained the logic of his suggestions so it was very easy to make a decision about following them, which I did because it adds additional security which is awesome! I would call him in a heartbeat to do any additional lock related work!! Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Rekeying existing locks, installing several deadbolts and adding a peep hole

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

04/04/2019

Steven J.

Johnny arrived on time, quickly diagnosed the problems with the two "stuck" deadbolts and fixed both. Even identified a pending issue on a third lock and fixed that too. Excellent service provided by a knowledgeable professional.

Description of Work
Unstick deadbolts

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

03/09/2019

Jeffrey M.

Johnny showed up at my new house at the agreed on time, took a look at the basic locks installed, and showed me significantly better locks and deadbolts, which I agreed to install. He also pointed out a door lacking a deadbolt, and installed a deadbolt. He also installed a front door peephole. All together, 3 new deadbolts and 3 door knobs locks, and one peephole were installed. Took about an hour or so.

Description of Work
Replace door locks (knobs and deadbolts)

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

02/26/2019

Stephen L.

Fantastic job! Finally a Locksmith that knows his trade well and loves what he is doing! I now have the security knowing that the job was done right and with the most secure and top end materials available in order to keep my family safe. Johnny knows what customer service is as he is responsive to phone calls, punctual on his appointments, and efficient with his time without being careless. The best qualities needed in a service provider! Nice job Johnny!

Description of Work
Needed to re-key two doors, replace lock and deadbolt on two doors, and drill out for new deadbolt on door.

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words, always happy to help, congrats on the new place, enjoy it...

12/28/2018

Treva W.

Johnny was very helpful, he recommend someone who was able to do the job !

Description of Work
Open a cedar chest

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

12/16/2018

Frances C.

Locksmith was very professional, polite and did an amazing job. He had to deal with botched installation from a different contractor and was able to fix every problem beautifully. I highly recommend Johnny the Locksmith.

Description of Work
New entry doorknobs, re-keying all entry doorknobs, re-installing deadbolts

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

11/16/2018

Michaela B.

Johnny was professional and very accommodating. I was so thankful that he could come out so late and help me replace the locks, Especially on such short notice.

Description of Work
I needed both locks changed on very short notice

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

10/23/2018

Martin B.

Excellent service, very personable individual. All service providers and craftsmen should be like Johnny.

Description of Work
replaced front door deadbolt and latch set.

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

02/01/2018

Joanne S.

The technician ran late for our appointment, but did call before and let us know he was running 30 minutes behind. He then showed up when he said he would. Found out that the key we got after closing only worked on one door. The technician was able to pick all the others and replace two that were frozen. He even honored an old discount that was not advertised anymore. He definitely saved us money. If I had purchased and replaced all of them myself, the price would have been well over $400, since one of our doors is a Pella.

Description of Work
We bought a new house and needed the locks re-keyed.

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

10/06/2017

Gayle G.

Tech arrived promptly, performed the work quickly and was very pleasant. My only reason for not giving them a perfect score was that the cost was high. Unfortunately, I was under a time constraint, so I was not able to compare prices in advance.

Description of Work
Re-key 5 locks.

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

10/06/2017

Gayle G.

Description of Work
Rekey smart locks

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

09/07/2017

Stuart A.

It went fine. Everything went beautifully and I'd use him again if I need to.

Description of Work
He cleaned a sticky lock that I thought was broken.

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

08/21/2017

Tracy B.

Wonderful. His pricing is great and he is very prompt.

Description of Work
He re-keys 5 locks. He then came back to re-key 3 additional locks.