Homeworks of VA

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2007

462 Cranston Ln

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Contact us to find out about special discounts for Angie's List members. We prefer to be contacted by phone - please call 757-334-3600 or please feel to text us.

05/06/2017

Richard S.

Jim and his crew installed new siding, new fascia, louvered attic vents, a new door, and trim. They repositioned some exterior columns and attached cleats at the bottom to prevent rot. They also painted the entire exterior of the house and garage. The work was done in a professional manner with very good craftsmanship. It is very difficult to find a contractor that performs at this level. I would hire Jim again without hesitation.

Description of Work
The exterior siding on my house needed to be replaced.

Category decks, remodeling, siding, woodworking, house painters, doors

10/24/2016

Coila E.

Fabulously! Great work at a great price! Staff were friendly and work was completed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Repair rotten siding and reprint entire house.

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

09/02/2016

I contacted this contractor because of the A rating they had on Angie's List. My home took on 3 feet of water in the recent flooding here in Louisiana and I needed an estimate to get my home repaired. Their representative came to my house and took a walk around and gave me a "ballpark" figure to repair my home and was told for a detailed written estimate, I would be charged $300, which would be deducted from the cost of the work if I chose to use them. During our previous discussions, this was never mentioned and the company web site states that estimates are free. I understand this is a common practice in the industry, but usually this is stated up front. If I had known there would be a fee this high, I may not have considered this company.

Description of Work
Gave a ballpark figure for repairs.

Category home builders

11/02/2015

joseph W.

as quoted they completed the work on time and cleaned up after completion. I am completely please with all work that was done and will use them again if I need repairs.

Description of Work
removed wall framing studs on 8 feet section and on 12 feet section of wall and installed 2 each LVL beam

Category concrete repair, drywall

04/01/2015

Darla H.

We had a slope in our backyard that they were able to concrete. The owner was here and over saw everything. He helped clean up. If we ever need this kind of work again he will be the one I choose. He really cared. He did extra at no cost. Very accommodating. The best work. He will stay until your happy. He does anything construction.

Description of Work
Concrete work. 30 by 40 square foot concrete slab.

Category hardscaping

03/05/2015

Gretchen M.

Excellent experience from start to finish. They were on time, had supplies, AND cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
I had several plumbing jobs on 2 houses-repair outside faucets, replace inside faucets, etc.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

03/03/2015

Andrew T.

I haven't gotten the work done yet since I have not had time to obtain other estimates. I didn't get the feeling he really wanted the work since it was Christmas time and smaller in scale. Estimates might have been high for that reason.

Description of Work
I just got quotes, which I found to be high. He was professional and courteous, though. I believe he would do quality work - seemed very knowledgeable.

01/19/2015

Jack T.

Excellent communication, the best quote out of three, came within a great timeframe, professional, timely, and the friendliest and most obliging craftsmen. We will never use any other than Home Works on our home. Well done Home Works and thank you very much we are so pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced a rotted outside door & framework. Replaced with a fiber glass door to our preferences ie., door with panels, new framework and painted all.

Category woodworking, house painters, doors

01/06/2015

Katrina A.

Everything went well. The repairs were made according to promise. The owner addressed and resolved any problems or perceived problems. I was very satisfied and would use this vendor again.

Description of Work
Shoring an upstairs balcony. Ceramic tile and laminate floor board replacement. Bolting a toilet and replacing damaged surrounding tiles.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

12/30/2014

Robert K.

Good job. I am very happy with the work

Description of Work
New driveway- widened. Replace wood house and paint house.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, woodworking, house painters

11/06/2014

Connie N.

It was a huge job, that lasted 3-1/2 months, and we lived in the house through it all! At the end of each day, when the workers left, everything was always swept up and all tools and materials were put away. The house was always left usable at the end of the day no matter the state of work at the time. Workers alway arrived on time and all trades were well coordinated and supervised. Mr. Jim Fereday was wonderful to work with. Even though I had my plans and ideas very well fleshed out, he used his experience and offered suggestions along the way, many of which I accepted. We're not finished with our upgrades, but had to stop to take time to save up for a while in order to fund the remaining items. I will be calling Homeworks, for sure, when the time comes. Thank you Jim Fereday!

Description of Work
Removed a load-bearing wall to make our living areas open-concept in our circa 1975 home. All wall and ceiling gyp board was replaced and sketchy rafters were replaced, all flooring was replaced, and new lighting was installed. A buffet serving bar was installed and a peninsula was added in my kitchen as well as kitchen countertops, sink/faucet. A gas line was installed in the kitchen, and a gas cooktop was installed.

Category contractors, concrete repair, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling

09/25/2014

Peggy S.

Perfect. On time. Clean. Follow up the following day to correct minor punch list items.

Description of Work
Moderate renovation work. Remove and replace structural beam to open area previously needing more support columns.

Category remodeling

05/27/2014

Darla H.

They're terrific and wonderful. It was really good. It was great. The owner was there pretty much all the time...Getting everything done. He was definitely the best.

Description of Work
I used the stamped & decorative concrete service of Homeworks of Louisiana. They pour a concrete down for my husband.

Category stamped concrete

03/31/2014

Anthony L.

Jim Fereday with Homeworks of Louisiana came out to the house to provide an estimate for removing a 14’ long load-bearing interior wall that separated the Living Room and Den. The project would consist of putting up a temporary support structure and installing a 14” x 3.5” x 14’ laminate beam to support the house where the wall stood. Included in that project would be removal of two electrical outlets, a coax cable outlet (not in use), and a light switch. I asked only for wall removal and a beam installation and I would do the finishing work. Jim’s bid was a few hundred less than a competitor who tendered a bid without coming out to the house. Honestly, Jim and that one other contractor were the only two bids we received. I felt Jim could be trusted and that he knew what he was doing. We accepted his bid and work was started about two weeks later; he probably could have done it sooner, but we were on vacation. The real work was completed by a father-son team in one day. When they came in the door around 8:30am that day, the wall was just as it had been when it was built 30 years ago. By 6pm that day the wall was gone, the beam was in place, most of the electrical work was finished and the area cleaned up. I was very impressed with the “Dan’s,” (Dan and Dan, Jr.). They knew their stuff as well and were professional and fast. Troy the electrician came in the next day and finished relocating the light switch and wiring a ceiling fan box I requested a couple of days before work began. Troy was done in a couple of hours and was professional and competent as well. Jim was easy to talk to and gave me several ideas on how to finish the beam install (e.g. Sheetrock it in, stain it, etc.). I would definitely recommend Homeworks of Louisiana and use them again.

Description of Work
Removed load-bearing interior wall, installed beam in wall's place, and did some minor electrical work.

Category contractors, concrete repair, electrician, lighting, remodeling, ceiling fans

03/03/2014

Thomas O.

Tried a DIY, but ended up with a mess. Called at 4:00 PM and plumber was out at 6:30 to replace the kitchen faucet assembly. Quick, efficient and worth the extra cost.

Description of Work
replaced kitchen faucet

Category plumbing, home remodeling

[member name removed], you must be confusing us with another company. If we can help you in the future please give us a call. Thank you, Jim Homeworks of LA, Inc

02/05/2014

Martha D.

We purchased two windows a couple of years ago to replace a bathroom and bedroom window on the second floor of our house. The person who gave us the measurements never installed the windows. We called Jim and he gave us an estimate which was very reasonable considering the amount of work needed to install the windows. The windows were the wrong size and many adjustments had to be made to install them. The installers also had to stand on special cushions because of the roofing material on our house. The installers did an amazing job and we are extremely happy that the windows have been replaced and look fantastic. This is not the first time that we called Jim to do work at our house. He is very detail oriented and all of the work that he supervises is incredible. We will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Replaced two windows.

Category concrete repair, replacement windows

01/14/2014

Heather S.

They responded quickly to our request for a quote and began the job within a week of our decision to go forward with them. His estimate was several hundred dollars cheaper than the other bid we received. The job was completed in about 2 days. The work done was high quality, and we were very pleased with the job. Jim was easy to talk to and stayed in touch. We have already asked him to quote another job for us.

Description of Work
He put in French doors to replace a single door and window on the new house we purchased. He also replaced the other back door on the house to match.

Category concrete repair, glass repair, replacement windows, doors

01/14/2014

Mark M.

We have not yet scheduled the work to be done but will be doing so soon.

Description of Work
Mr. Ferreday came out as scheduled to see what we wanted to have done and provided a written estimate for all options of the work we wanted to do. He was very cordial, straight-forward and professional. His estimate was timely and appears reasonable.

12/30/2013

Angela M.

It took him a little while to actually start the job because his backhoe subcontractor was already on another job that ran long. However, once the job was scheduled, they were there exactly as promised and finish the job in just a couple of days. Jim is a great guy to work with and offered options and solutions that others never even mentioned. I had previously received an astrinomical estimate from another company who only wanted to dig up and replace essentially the whole driveway and wasn't interested in discussing other options. Jim was more than accommodating with working within our budget and did a great job. Would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Jim removed and replaced several large sections of my driveway, dug out the tree roots that caused the damage and installed a concrete footing to avoid future damage.

12/15/2013

Katrina A.

Repaired a ceramic floor. Repaired a patio balcony. Repaired a wooden floor. I was very satisfied with the work and the professionalism of the company. The pricing was competitive and I will use this company in the future should I have the need.

Description of Work

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, flooring contractor

12/09/2013

Ronny D.

He was excellent. He's one of the few contractors that is really on top of his game. I called 4 contractors for an estimate and he was the first one to show up. He was very punctual and accurate. The day he told me he could start, he was here starting the project.

Description of Work
We have used Homeworks of Louisiana. He replaced some wall damage for us.

Category drywall, remodeling

12/08/2013

Barry B.

I was pleased with what they said. We got up to an estimate, but job issues (my wife and I work for the State of Louisiana) prevented us from going further. I would contact them in the future.

Description of Work
We contacted Homeworks of Louisiana.

Category remodeling

10/29/2013

James B.

Mr. Ferriday was one of the most responsive contractors I contacted. I added on 1200 sq.ft. of shop with engineered room in attic trusses. This was a very custom build and not your run of the mill slab and stick construction job. Some of the contractors contacted bulked right out of the shoute because I wanted this addition built in a very specific way and in a tight hard to access area. Mr. Ferriday of very attentive to the job. I never had to track him down. I subbed out the plumbing and electrical work myself. Mr. Ferriday had no problem with that and worked great with my subs. This was not true for all contractors. Many wanted only to use just their people and were not willing to let me sub out the electrical and plumbing. Home Works was not the lowest bidder, but the quality of the work and ease of the project made the extra cost well worth it. That has not been my experience with other contractors in the past. We are extremely pleased and will be using Home Works for all future projects.

Description of Work
I added on 1200 sq.ft of shop/ man cave/ master bath.

Category contractors, concrete repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, garage builders

10/21/2013

Tina F.

Jim, the owner of the company,was very knowledgeable,professional, and followed through with our plan in a timely manner. The crew worked hard and did a good job . The only wrinkle in the project was a crew member who couldn't seem to get along with the rest of the crew and walked off the job. Jim provided another crew member in short order and the project was completed as planned.

Description of Work
Reframed sunroom and poured new concrete. Put up drywall and textured. Installed doors and windows and exterior siding.

Category drywall, remodeling, siding, woodworking

10/15/2013

Cynthia B.

Jim was and is very professional. He really does care about people and I hope he's not spreading himself too thin. I contacted 3 or 4 contractors along with larger companies I'd dealt with before. Neither of the larger companies returned my calls and the top smaller companies returned my calls but were booked up 5 to 6 months in advance. Even though Jim of Homeworks was booked solid with concrete jobs (some out of town) he tried to in between his scheduled jobs to come out and give me an estimate. Because of my schedule, I missed the times he said he'd be in town and was unable to call him back. He was sorry that he couldn't get to me even though that was not his primary line of work (fence repairs) and even though he knew that job would be a small one. The job was not done by him, not because of anything that he did or didn't do, but because my cousin drove by, saw my fence down, and got someone to put it back up for me. The Angie's List has made it very hard to get the top quality people in our area, but they deserve the business since their work performance and ethics are far better than even some of the larger companies. Should I have any more fence problems (hopefully not) or even require concrete work I will definitely keep Jim at Homeworks in mind. It's rare that you can find a contractor that caring. He also told me that if I got someone else to do it and wasn't satisfied with the work to let him know and he would come out and look at it. Thanks a lot Jim.

Description of Work
The work is being completed by someone else.

Category fencing

Sunnyside Landscaping

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Landscaping services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

ASAP CONSTRUCTION LLC

It is always better to contact us through email instead of this app, repair@asapconstruction.net ASAP Construction, LLC is a Virginia Class “A” Contractor with experience in the complete services of repair and installation for your home in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth, and Norfolk VA. Family owned and operated since 1991, we are proud to be your Home Repair Specialists! Our specialties include: Masonry, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical. For over two decades most of our business has come from word of mouth and referrals and the US Local Business Association has awarded us the Best of Chesapeake 2008 – Present in Repair and Installation Services. We are also listed as one of Angie’s List highest Rated Contractors. ASAP Construction, LLC is a company you can trust to supply experience, professionalism and quality home repair and installation services. Let us be your personal technician. When calling, press Option 1 for Jack if you need Plumbing, Electrical or General Home Installation/Repair work and press Option 2 for Chris if you need Carpentry, Rotten Wood, Termite Damage, Roof Repair, Drywall or Masonry. We answer our own calls to provide you the most comprehensive call experience so if we miss your call please leave a message and we will get back to you. If we cannot personally do the work ourselves 90% of the time we know somebody that will help you. If for some reason we are slow to reply to your message - please forgive us! As we are answering our own calls, occasionally, they can slip through the cracks. Just send us an email or call us again - we are happy to work with you!

Offers Coupon

Home Genius Exteriors

General home improvement - additions, fire damaged homes, storm damaged homes, decks, arbors, outdoor kitchens, patios, remodeling, screen rooms, construction tours, doors, windows, concrete repair, painting, vinyl siding & sunrooms.