Hewitt Remodeling Services LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since October 2010

1524 Willimantic Drive

Virginia Beach, VA 23456

I'm Tim Hewitt, owner of Hewitt Remodeling Services. I retired in 2005 as a Navy Captain following 26 years of service as a helicopter pilot. For the next five years I worked as the estimator and project manager for a successful remodeling company here in Virginia Beach. In the fall of 2010, I formed my own company. Remodeling can be a challenge and I appreciate how difficult it is to find a contractor you can trust. I know what honor and integrity mean first-hand and what it means to accept the awesome responsibility of being trusted. I accept that role without reservation....

08/18/2015

Fredric H.

04/11/2015

CAROLYN C.

If they don't care enough to even call me, how can I rely upon them to do the job.

Description of Work
Hired them to do a small installation.

Category handyman service

I do my best to respond to everyone that contacts me but I suspect one falls thru the cracks once in awhile. That may have been the case here but unfortunately I don't remember. It is unlikely I would have been able to help this prospective customer if failing to contact her warrants the grades she gave me. Hopefully she found someone to assist her.

01/14/2015

Raymond J.

09/04/2014

Marisa C.

Patrick and Virginia Goad were courteous, punctual and professional. Patrick explained our options to replace our bathroom floor and wainscotting near our shower due to water damage. Luckily, upon removing the wainscotting and floor, it was not due to a plumbing issue. Patrick educated my husband and I on a protective under floor product, pros and cons of different flooring, wall options and answered all our questions. The tile floor and new wainscotting came out great! Patrick and his crew cleaned up after their work. Virginia provided us with a detailed, itemized estimate/invoice which we appreciated! I feel confident that this work was done well! Ken Myroup from Sheds by Ken and his crew were polite, punctual and professional. Ken Myroup and his crew tore down our old detached garage/shed which was in poor shape! He hauled away all debris. The rebuild came out very well! The workmanship was sound and the price was very reasonable. I am pleased with our new shed! The only hiccup was that the electrician had to be called back out to bury the wire deeper from the house through the yard to the shed. I appreciate Tim Hewitt coming out on short notice to assess the work I needed done since I was in town for a limited time. He was pleasant, professional, knowledgable and sincere in wanting to assist.

Description of Work
Tim came out to our investment home, assessed the work I needed done and referred me to his plumber, Patrick Goad from A-1 Home Specialist as well as Ken Myroup from Sheds by Ken.

01/27/2013

Steve K.

Hewitt remodeling is a class act! From the initial consultation, to the process of the quote, to the determination of project execution dates, and actual work, everything was clearly understood at every step of the way. He subbed the work to a team that he very carefully vetted with us. Besides high quality work, Tim and his sub were exceptional in COMMUNICATING with us at every step . We never wondered when they were going to show up. We never wondered what the next step would be. Tim took the time up front to explain to us how the job would transpire. He told us where our involvement would be needed. In the end, the work was outstanding. Every dollar was well spent. We have what we believe is an outstanding kitchen, and one that will stand up over time. A kitchen remodel is not a cheap undertaking. You can ease you mind that it will be done right and you will be well cared for during the process. He and his team will make the project as stress free as it can be - and the work is fantastic!

Description of Work
Well done!

05/24/2012

Joanne B.

Terrific! Very friendly, professional and timely! I called and spoke with the owner, Tim Hewitt, directly. Then he and one of his men came to my house to see what needed to be done and provide me with a price. The work was done in a matter of days and to perfection! Had them come back another time to replace the boots on the roof after I discovered some water damage from a hurricane. Only thought I needed one, but was informed they were all in desperate need of replacement. They did them all for just the add'l cost of the parts! Amazing!!!!

Description of Work
Completely installed a new ceiling fan ... ran wires, installed light/fan switch, etc. Replaced a second ceiling fan Switched light fixture in dining room installed doggie door thru aluminum siding replaced plastic roof boots

04/20/2012

Susan H.

I have talked to him about his services. I do a lot of my own contracting so he was very helpful in giving me ideas and passed my name onto some sub contractors that he works with. He came out and spent over an hour with me just listening to my concerns, answering some questions, giving me ideas and some of his resources. He was very helpful and I am certainly considering using some of the people who work for him. He was very responsive and on time. He seemed very professional. I would consider consulting with him again.

Description of Work
I used Hewitt Remodeling Services LLC for looking at the kitchen I am working on.

04/03/2012

William B.

enter I called Tim and told him what i needed done. He came out the next day and looked at both projects and some ideas of his own. The following week I got an estimate from him and told him to schedule the work. The plumber that came out to replace the underground drainage lines was very competent and had all the lines replace and working in a couple days. The carpenter came out and looked at both gates that needed to be widened and replaced. They look better now than they did when they were new. I have also used Tim for a couple projects at a local shelter I work with and both myself and the shelter staff were very happy with his work and price. Thank You Tim.

Description of Work
I needed some handy man kind of work done, rework and widen a couple gates in a wooden fence in my back yard and replace some underground drainage lines.

Category handyman service,remodeling

03/24/2012

Gail C.

Tim Hewitt met with me prior to the projects to discuss my needs, cost estimates and time frames. He explained his company's policies and principles, outlined the work to be done, and discussed his general work philosophy. His work crew were prompt, polite, and very professional. The work was completed on time and with the quality I expected. I have the utmost confidence in the integrity of this company and intend to use them for future projects.

Description of Work
I have successfully used Hewitt Remodeling Services for a variety of projects in my home. They have replaced a two-tiered wooden deck, repaired my front porch masonry and repaired cracks in the brick around my windows.

Category handyman service,remodeling

01/02/2012

Anthony O.

Estimate was realistic and contract explained everything in detail. Tim coordinated a great group of craftsmen. Work included help in picking out tiles and features. Meticulous detail in the work. Quality of the work makes this an excellent value. Entire staff was extremely polite, personable, and professional. Took the time to answer any questions in detail and went out of their way to minimize the amount of dust and chaos in the house. Cleaned up work area completely everyday. Already considering additional projects.

Description of Work
Gutted entire master bathroom and changed to a walk-in shower. Renovation included new toilet, twin vanities, tiled floor and shower. Included plumbing and electrical work.

09/07/2011

Teresa D.

From the moment I met Tim Hewitt, the owner of Hewitt Remodiling Services, it has been a positive experience. Tim took the time to not only talk with me but also to listen to what my ideas were about the needs of my house maintenance. If my thoughts were misguided, Tim kindly and gently redirected my thinking to more useful, lasting and economical options. He provided me with what I felt was a very fair, competitive estimate for the proposed work which is why I contracted with Hewitt Remodeling Services. Throughout the entire time that Hewitt Remodeling Services was working at my house all employees maintained a professional attitude. Everyone was very kind, polite and considerate when answering my many questions as the work progressed. They always took the time to explain what was being done in a manner easy for a lay person to understand. Great respect was shown to me and towards my home. When the project was completed, Hewitt Remodeling Services did a wonderful job cleaning up and clearing away any debris from the project. I am absolutely pleased with the work done on my house by Hewitt Remodeling Services. The quality of their work displays the pride with which they do the work. Without hesitation and with complete confidence I will recommend Hewitt Remodeling Services to all in search of a high quality home remodeling service.

Description of Work
Hewitt Remodeling Services replaced the soffits, fascia and freeze boards on my house. They also replaced the railings on my front porch.

Category remodeling

04/12/2011

angela G.

Gutted the entire bathroom. Put in beautifully tiled shower, new toilet, vanity and sink. Widened the doorway to accommodate my wheelchair, tiled the floor and added grab bars where I needed them. Always kept me up-to-date on what they were doing and offered many options on layout and such. Kept the work area covered so the rest of the house was not affected by the debris, etc. The estimate was very detailed and itemized, so I knew exactly what I was spending, and it did in fact end up being less expensive than the original quote.

Description of Work
Tim coordinated the remodeling of our master bathroom when he worked for another company. I was glad to see that he had gone into business for himself, and I would be happy to have him do any other remodeling job when the time comes.

R&R Facility Services

HCRS LLC

HCRS LLC mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today. "WE NEVER FORGET WE WORK FOR YOU"

Major League Construction

Full service Home Repair and remodeling. PICRAs too! Top to bottom inside and out. Painting, roofing. doors and windows, decks, flooring and so much more.

General Remodeling
    2705 135745
    Class A Builder
    Virginia
    05/31/2019

Residential Remodeling as a Virginia Class-A General Remodeling Contractor to include additions, kitchens, bathrooms, and even whole house renovations. I also act as a "broker" in that I will refer you to a trusted professional for work that we may not specialize in.

What few services we don't offer, we can refer you to other professionals in that specialty.