Glass Doctor of Virginia Beach

Founded 1949 • With Angi since August 2011

5226 Indian River Rd Ste 104

Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Home, auto and business owners in the Tidewater region can rest assured that Glass Doctor® of Virginia Beach can fulfill all of their glass repair, replacement and installation needs. Serving Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and areas south of the James River, our local experts will

11/09/2018

Robert D.

Company was unsure whether they were willing and able to do the job, and they were upfront about it. They provided a ballpark estimate, should they undertake the job.

Description of Work
glass replacement on 14 double-pane windows in the sunroom

11/09/2018

Jon S.

When they came out originally the technician came out looked at everything measured things and left didn’t leave me any paperwork and I had to call back the next day to see how much it would be when they came back they replaced the glass and did a nice job. I feel they should have a little more interaction with the customer about the process and how things are going to go. If you don’t want to pull the windows out yourself and take it somewhere and I would recommend this company because they come and do everything for you

Description of Work
The glass on three off my windows were staying in needed to be replaced

08/01/2017

Ralph P.

Great! They were on time, did exactly what we agreed on and the window looks great.

Description of Work
Broken Kitchen Window

04/12/2017

John H.

It went well. Visit to provide quote and repair was accomplished in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Replaced large pane of glass in front of house.

Category glass repair, replacement windows

Thank you for your review.

03/27/2017

Frank D.

I had to wait a few minutes but the work was excellent and the vehicle passed state inspection. They even took care of another small crack for no additional charge.

Description of Work
Repair crack in windshield.

Category glass repair, auto glass

Thank you for the review.

02/07/2017

David S.

I took my jeep to their repair facility and the work was done while I waited.

Description of Work
replaced cracked windshield

Category glass repair, auto glass

The you for your feedback. I will share it with the glass specialist that performed the work.

10/25/2016

William D.

Extremely responsive and fast. Work completed exactly as desired.

Description of Work
Mirror removal and disposal.

Category glass repair

Thank you for the feedback.

03/24/2016

Daryl W.

Service was excellent given the 4:00 AM request for service. A burglar had broken the front door of my business to gain entry. Glass Doctor responded in a very timely fashion replacing the door glass and cleaning up the mess in less than half a day. These guys were great

Description of Work
Replace a shattered tempered glass entry door

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We will share your comments with the team. Fast / reliable service is very important to us.

02/11/2016

Bill B.

He came out, diagnosed what was wrong with the shower door immediately and gave me a price of $150 for the replacement part and the repair. The shower door is 10 years old and the exact part wasn't available. But he found something that was close enough. It was a hinge for the door. It took him at least two hours for what is normally a routine repair and he just charged me $150. They made no money off of that particular repair. The guy who did the work was Doug Huddleston. He was just terrific. He worked very hard and was competent. He knew what he was doing. He struggled with the repair until he got it done and done right.

Description of Work
They repaired a shower door.

Category glass repair

Thank you for the feedback. I [Member Name Removed] share it with Doug. He appreciates you taking the time to leave the feedback.

08/07/2015

Greg G.

Contacted Glass Doctor and made appt. for measure and quote for mid-July. Doug arrived promptly, measured, gave recommendations, and provided quote. I ordered same day and provided a 50% deposit. Door was ordered, updates and appointment scheduling for the install was on-time based on lead times, and the door was installed today and looks beautiful!! Doug and team provided a professional install, and cleaned up everything (including hauling away the old door). Highly recommend Glass Doctor!

Description of Work
Installed new frameless glass shower door.

Category glass repair, doors

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We will pass the review along to the technicians that performed the work. They really appreciate the feedback.

08/03/2015

beverly J.

I contacted the provider (Glass Doctor) on 7/21/2015 about a broken patio sliding door and the provider arrived on 7/22/2015 to provide me with an estimate at which time I paid a $100.00 deposit and was informed that the work would be done on 7/28/15, I was never contacted with an appointment time , and on 7/27/15 I contacted Glass Doctor for an arrival time and was informed the glass was on the truck and would arrive on 7/29/15,after hearing nothing further I recontacted them on 8/1/2015 at which time I was informed that the inventory person I talked with would not be in the office until 8/3/2015 (Monday), I called Monday and was informed that the inventory person arrived at work a 8:30am est., I waited until 11:00am. to hear from the company and was never contacted, so I recalled them and was informed that a call had been put in to the manufacturer of the glass and they were waiting for "A RETURN CALL". I'm disappointed with the word of this company as no effort was made to contact me, all of the effort was initiated by me, and I'm frustrated with their lack of concern for a customer. I WOULD NOT use or recommend this company to anyone ever!

Description of Work
Nothing

Category glass repair

Thank for your feedback. It is obvious we failed to service you properly.

03/02/2015

Rhonda S.

Much cheaper.This is a much better deal for me. Under the storm, they would make an appointment. They would call right back if you gotta reschedule due to the storm. He would keep calling. Very professional. he would do some other things for free. Customer service is a big big deal for me. To let you know what's going on.

Description of Work
I recently used Glass Doctor to replace my window paint and they repaired a part of the window up and down. They repaired four parts for me. I don't know if its called a balance or something like that. The one that is used to raise the window. They replaced the window paints for me. They replaced like 4 or 5 windows that they have to replace and they replaced the balance for windows.

Category replacement windows

Thank for the great feedback. Andre really appreciated it.

02/25/2015

Mary Sue B.

The service was very reasonable. They were both professional and quick. They did not make a mess of anything. They were right on time.

Description of Work
He resealed a stationary window.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the feedback. It really helps us provide better service.

12/30/2014

James M.

Ding was repaired to the extent that you have to search to see the spot where the ding was. Almost invisible.

Description of Work
Repaired a ding in windshield.

12/18/2014

Maureen M.

They were prompt, efficient, the workmanship was excellent

Description of Work
The replaced a window in our home.

03/07/2014

Mary A.

It was fine. They were very good and very professional. They came to the house and did the measurements. They said that if I wanted to save $50, I can go pick it up which I did.

Description of Work
Glass Doctor of Virginia Beach made glass for tabletops.

Category glass repair

Thank you for the nice comments. I'll pass them along to the glass specialist involved.

01/23/2014

David M.

Initial service call was prompt and very well explained. Quote provided was accurate and unchanged when service provided. Once deposit placed, glass was turned around within 48 hours. I called another company who quoted 1-2 weeks so I ended up staying with Glass Doctor. Installation was quick and easy. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replacement glass for cracked double-pane window.

Category glass repair

Thank you for review. Your comments mean a lot to us. I will pass them along to the Glass Specialist that provided you with the service.

10/01/2013

louise S.

They did a great job, quickly, efficiently,and professionally. No mes, clean job.

Description of Work
Replaced glass in windows that had become cloudy due to leakage.

Category glass repair

Thank you so much for feedback.

04/13/2013

Kimberly W.

Called a few auto glass companies in the area for price comparisons since I would have to pay out of pocket. Glass Doctor had the best price. They asked me to come in and looked at the windshield to make sure it couldn't be fixed vs. a new one to save me money. They showed honesty, a high level of professionalism, and integrity. Made an appt. and had the window done in under an hour as promised. They can come to you but I chose to go their location. Also honored the Angie's list coupon. Would definitely recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Needed to repair/replace front windshield on my Honda CRV due to lots of tiny chips (from rocks over the years) that caused a glare when the sunlight hit it.

Category glass repair, auto glass

[member name removed] thank-you for the review. It was nice of you to take the time to write it. I will pass your comments along to Chuck the technician that worked with you. He will be excited to read your comments.

03/06/2013

Elgin G.

The glass was cheap after market back window that was warped along the bottom. My insurance company agreed with me and increased the allowance for "dealer glass". Glass Doctor would not cooperate and would not replace the cheap glass even when I offered to pay the difference. I will never use them again! Office personnel were also rude. I've never had an experience like this before.

Description of Work
They installed a back window in my 2008 Honda Accord.

Category glass repair, auto glass

Member, We have discussed this issue with you since September, 2011. We tried to bring this issue to a resolution by replacing the glass. You agreed to have the glass replaced. When the technician showed up to do the work, you turned the technician away. We discussed the quality of the glass at length in court in July 13, 2012. The judge ruled there was nothing wrong with the back glass installed in your vehicle. To help refresh your memory the case number was GV12025680-00. The Better Business Bureau also agreed there was not an issue and removed your complaint. The glass we use is provided by Pittsburgh Glass Works www.pgwglass.com PGW manufactures and private labels glass for companies like Ford, Honda, etc.. Currently PGW private labels 52% of the automobile glass installed in new vehicles in the USA. It is the glass of choice for State Farm and Lynx. Lynx administers glass claims for State Farm. We have been providing glass services to Honda automobile dealerships in the area for over a decade. This is the same glass we provide them Your insurance company did not agree that there was an issue with the glass. If they had they would have contacted us about the situation. I am sorry to hear that you feel, the customer service team was rude. Every time you have called the customer service team has spent 30-45 minutes with you on the phone. You have never mentioned before that anyone has ever been rude to you. You did not mention this when we last spoke after the court case on the court house steps on July 13, 2012.

William R.

The service was fine. I have no complaints with the service.

Description of Work
They replaced a broken storm window. They replaced the broken glass within the old frame.

Category glass repair

We appreciate you letting us fix your storm window.

Laura A.

They are honest and have very good integrity. I like working with them.

Description of Work
They have cut glass for me in the past. I always call them to cut glass when I get a new table. I have also purchased glass cleaner from them.

Category glass repair

Thank you for taking the time write to about your experiences with us. The team really appreciates the feedback.

Pete N.

I received very good services. I have no problems with their work. I recommended them to my insurance company because they did good work. He always gave me a can to clean the windows with. They really went above and beyond.

Description of Work
They replaced a window that was installed incorrectly by a previous provider. They upgraded the window with a tented window.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, auto glass

Member, We like to leave behind a can of glass cleaner when we do jobs to thank customers for allowing us to work on their homes or vehicles. It is just our way of saying Thank You.

Cheryl D.

The dealership just had to re install the driver side window because it was loose. They indicated the glue that Glass Doctor used, was not the standard glue Honda would use and it had detached over the years. I did have to pay extra to repair it. However, when Glass Doctor installed the window they seemed to do a good job. They showed up on time and they were polite.

Description of Work
I have used their services twice. They replaced a windshield. They also replaced a driver side door window on my Honda.

Category glass repair, auto glass

Member, I'm sorry that there was an issue with the driver side window. Thank you for taking the time to write about it. The glass company we use manufactures glass for Honda, so I'm not sure what happened.

James M.

The service was fine. They repaired the window with no problems. We have no complaints and everything went well. They were timely and completed the work quickly. The tenant is also happy with work.

Description of Work
We damaged a window doing painting on a condo unit we were working on.

Category glass repair, replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time to write about the window glass we repaired for you.

Accurate Siding And Windows, Inc.

About Accurate Siding and Windows Siding and Window Contractors Accurate Siding And Windows Inc., was founded by Louis D Agosta in 1986. Accurate Siding & Windows was amongst the first siding and window contractors to offer a solid vinyl siding and vinyl windows. Accurate Siding and Windows is located in Virginia Beach and provides exceptional exterior home improvement services to Virginia Beach and the Hampton Roads community.

Mr. Rogers Windows

Mr. Rogers Windows featuring Renewal by Andersen is proud to serve the window replacement and patio door replacement needs of the Virginia Beach metro area. We are the window replacement division of Andersen Windows, drawing on the Andersen tradition of over 110 years of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. Our turnkey process begins with a call from you and includes a respectful in-home sales consultation, custom-manufacturing of replacement windows to precisely fit your home and installation by a dedicated team of professionals. Best of all, we stand behind our products and installation with one of the strongest warranties in the window replacement business. Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5pm Sat: 10am - 2pm

Red Ladder Remodeling

We are a residential remodeling company whose process was cultivated with the homeowner in mind. We focus on transparency through clear and consistent communication, high quality products and services, and a finished product that will add value to your home!

Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Insulated windows repair, frameless showers, shower & tub enclosures, office glass, door, table tops, mirrors, patio doors, replacement energy efficient windows, auto glass, window tinting