Don's Plumbing Repair and Drain services

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2011

1872 Saville Garden Ct

Virginia Beach, VA 23453

We specialize in repair and replacement of all of your residential plumbing as well as drain cleaning of all your drain lines within your home. 11 Years experience in this trade. Father and son family business 100% customer satisfaction. Payment due upon completion of job. Checks and major credit

06/23/2021

Carolyn D.

It was delicate and complex job. it was a very difficult job and he did an amazing job. I have hired him for 16 jobs for over 2 year for various plumbing job. He is friendly and he is conscientious, very professional.

Description of Work
He had to removed the bath tub spout and had to replace it. It is not an ordinary job because he need to do masonry. He had to removed 4 tiles and concrete .

07/25/2019

Jay L.

There was a little mishap, but he fixed it quickly. It took a little bit for him to call and get paid, but there’s no complaints with the job itself

Description of Work
Drain was clogged

03/28/2018

Patricia J.

Job was done quickly and efficiently. Don always leaves his work area clean when he is finished.

Description of Work
Installed new toilet in. bathroom

01/16/2018

Alene W.

Clog required extra attention! Don was analytical and resolved the problem. I felt confident in his skills.

Description of Work
Unclog commode, and adjust temp. on tankless water heater

09/28/2017

Susan P.

EXCELLENT. I found Mr. Ashby through a neighbor's recommendation and positive reviews on Angie's List. Called him, left message. and he immediately called back. Scheduled appointment for early the next morning. He arrived on time. He had to wrestle with the old pipe/sink (1970's vintage) but got the repair done fairly quickly, with absolutely no mess or inconvenience to us. Very friendly, but business-like and focused on the job. Brought all the parts he needed, left us the old parts so we could see what he had repaired. That initial repair went so quickly that I asked him to take a look at a very slow drain in one of our bathrooms that had been a constant bother. He took care of that with no problem. His work is very professional and I will definitely call him in the future. Wish I could give him an A+

Description of Work
Kitchen sink drain was leaking. Also had slow drain in half bath.

07/25/2017

Korey K.

Don was very prompt and quickly got the sink unclogged. It's working great. The problem is that after the work was done, the water valve under the sink began to leak. This required him coming back another day. Since I used a coupon for the first job, I had to pay for him to come again. He was fair and did the work for the same price plus parts, but I still wonder if he should have seen the leak when here the first time. If not for that, he'd get an "A" from me.

Description of Work
Main hall bathroom sink was clogged.

07/14/2017

Timothy R.

He arrived right on time, quickly assessed the problem and fixed it right away

Description of Work
Had a clogged drain

06/20/2017

Sandra M.

I want you to know how much I appreciate the excellent service that was provided to me today. I appreciate that he thoroughly explained your diagnostic process in reference to my bathroom drain problem and listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. His skills as well as your attention to detail as evidence of him coming back tomorrow to ensure everything is good made this plumbing/drain appointment a success.

Description of Work
Drain problem in bathroom

05/30/2017

Janet C.

Fantastic! I highly recommend this company. Prices are reasonable and we were able to work within in his schedule. Don's plumbing is our first and only call for plumbing problems.

Description of Work
Hired to fix washing machine drain problem. We had a temporary fix which we were happy with. Later in the year we had a drain issue. He found a rat had chewed through the sewer pipe. Nasty job but he fixed the pipe and while here we had him replaced the drain pipe for the washing machine. Oh I almost forgot...he fixed one of our sump pumps also....we were not aware it was inoperable.

Category plumbing, wells, drain cleaning

04/26/2017

William K.

I had an appointment within two hours of my phone call to him. Don showed up early. He was very professional and went right to work. He was done in thirty minutes. The roots he cut out of my pipes were bigger and thicker than the ones cut out by the other plumbers that I've hired. His price was also the cheapest I could find.

Description of Work
Cleaned roots from sewage out pipe

04/04/2017

Pat T.

Great!! Good work, good results, very reasonable cost. We're very happy with the work and will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
We had a sewer line under the house that was rusted-out and full of roots. The pipe was not easy to get to, as the crawl space is EXTREMELY tight under there. Don's price was below the other estimates we got AND he was professional and punctual. He and his crew pulled out the old cast iron (that was embedded in the foundation), replaced it with PVC, hauled the old pipe away and installed a new cleanout in the yard.

04/03/2017

Beth L.

Don is my go to plumber for prompt reliable service. He is professional, conscientious and efficient with his time.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain

03/01/2017

Claire C.

They are honest. We had a washing machine that had backed. They are easily priced and available. I am happy with these guys.

Description of Work
We use Don's Plumbing.

11/08/2016

Monique D.

Outstanding service. Don's was very professional and honor my request of date and time. I called Don two weeks ago to schedule an appointment. I thought he made have forgotten but he did not. Very impress and will utilize his service in the near future when I decide to replace 2 of my toilets

Description of Work
Minor repairs. Snake 3 toilets, replaced a value and replaced washer to my shower knob.

11/02/2016

Leigh R.

Excellent work. Fast and good. Professional work. Withen agreed payment.

Description of Work
Toilet flange work

10/21/2016

Laura N.

It went very well. Even though he had never installed a Sink Positive, he could see that a different toilet assembly was needed and he brought it with him. It was all done within an hour and a half. And because I had paid for two hours through Angie's list, he included the new toilet assembly at no additional charge. See finished picture.

Description of Work
I purchased a Sink Positive [*** Link removed ***] to retrofit my toilet. It looked simple, but when my son tried to install it, we saw that the assembly was different than we were expecting and instead of the chain being hooked to the flapper, it turned out to be a Mansfield toilet with corresponding assembly. See picture. My son broke it. So I sent a picture to Don along with information about the Sink Positive. He contacted me back within 36 hours and came right when he said he would.

10/20/2016

Ione R.

Because my water heater is in the basement and the power went out during the storm (Matthew), the sump pump couldn't work so the basement flooded and ruined my water heater. Don was knowledgeable, prompt, pleasant and professional. He did a great job and I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/13/2016

Savannah W.

I did not deal with the individual personally, except through the phone, so this is from my house sitter's perspective. I was told that I there was a leak under my sink, so I had to quickly find a plumber to come out. I found the $99 Angie's List Deal and purchased it. I contacted the same day and left a message. I did not get a callback, so I reached out through the website's contact email. I then received a call and he was able to conduct the work the next day. He called the house sitters and arrived within an hour. Turns out it was a pipe that needed to be cut out and a new one put back in. This was all completed within 20 mins.

Description of Work
Fix leaky pipe under the kitchen sink.

10/06/2016

Dawnelle M.

I bought a special $99 for 2 hrs plumbing Service From Don's plumbing repair. When unclogging my tub drain took little time (unlike what a previous plumber had told me needed to be done) I asked Don to install a new bathroom sink faucet for me. While replacing, the plumbing under the sink disintegrated and Don not only went down the street to a close plumbing place for me (apprx. 1 mile) but came back and installed that too and then cleaned up the mess. I would highly recommend Don's plumbing Repair and Drain Services to anyone! Date of service is approximate.

Description of Work
Tub drain clog and bathroom sink faucet replacement.

08/30/2016

John C.

Called around 9:30 and left message and he called back around noon. Came out same day and removed the faulty valve and replaced it with another. Work done very well and verified no leaks. Would hire him again. Price was reasonable and he was very personable.

Description of Work
Replaced leaking main pressure reducing valve.

07/28/2016

Jennifer W.

Don was very nice and professional. We thought our kitchen faucet had a leak in one of the lines so asked him to install a new one we had ordered and make sure the leak wasn't coming from somewhere else. He actually told us that the existing faucet just needed a part tightened, so was very honest! Since that one was sort of old and we had found a new one we liked, we had him install it anyway. We also asked him why our toilet kept running after we'd already tried replacing the flapper; he told us we just needed a specific kind, which we can do ourselves. We were very happy with him and would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen faucet; diagnosed toilet issue

07/27/2016

Janie H.

They didn't do enough work for what I paid for. They only pushed the knobs up, but I wanted them to fix my actual problem.

Description of Work
Worked on my bathroom sink

05/06/2016

Kathie B.

I got a special on the internet. I paid an additional $50 for parts. He had to figure out how to attach the system to the faucet in the sink that was in the garage.

Description of Work
I use Don's Plumbing. They installed a pet grooming bathing system in my garage.

05/03/2016

Angelea W.

Don and Shawn arrived on time - had a gas hot water heater (my mistake). He returned the gas water heater and obtained the electric. Was very professional, courteous, helpful and did a great job, cleaned up, hauled the old water heater away and was done in 2 hours.

Description of Work
Replaced existing water heater

Category water heater repair

04/26/2016

Justin A.

Don contacted me to let me know he was on his way. Once he arrived we realized he did not have the correct replacement as we had frost free valves (my fault for not telling him). He instantly rescheduled for 2 days later, no charge for call out fee. 2 days later he and his colleague arrived promptly again, and took less time than estimated to complete the work. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repaired 2 outdoor faucets.

GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE

Providing the Hampton Roads area with the finest In landscaping, and turf management needs. Whether you live in Chesapeake or Virginia Beach we can Beautify your lawn, landscape and home. Whether you need lawn mowing, landscape design, fescue, bermuda, zoysia or st. augustine sod, we can help. Whether you have drainage problems, standing water in the yard, more weeds than grass or a paver walkway, driveway, patio or pool deck, we can help. Annual turf management, core aeration, slit seeding, landscape renovation and more..

Offers Coupon

Vaughan's Excavating and Grading, Inc.

Bert's Well and Pump Service

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to connect with us today!

2022 Super Service Award

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

all residential plumbing repair from dripping faucets to leaking pipes or slow draining sinks to completely backed up toilets, and much much more. "all residential plumbing done right."

we do not offer new construction. repair and replacement is our speciality.