DanDale Fence

Founded 2012 • With Angi since October 2014

There are dozens of fence companies out there, so why would anyone choose us over them? We have come to find out that many customers who have used contractors typically have bad to average customer service. Our goal at DanDale is to provide exceptional customer service! From the day we give our

Custom Red CedarCustom 16 ft Yellow Pine GateBeautiful water front Pine Fence

4.2

4.4

fence company (36)siding companies (1)decks & porches (1)

01/26/2023

William D.

Lumber was dropped off in front of the house and once the weather was decent enough to do the job it only took a day to finish. The workers were nice and kept to themselves.

Description of Work
Brand new wood fence, 6ft tall

Work Completed On 01/26/2023

12/30/2022

Liz W.

Sales person was great. The quality of the fence and materials appear to be high grade. There were some communication issues which resulted in extra cost, materials and delays in completion of the fence. I believe communication could have been better. Connor came out during the time I was waiting to have the work completed and installed a temporary fence, clean up and moved some materials. Connor went above and beyond to resolve the problems. Unable to give 5 stars with the problems, however I will give 5 stars for fence quality and overall 4 stars.

Description of Work
A new security fence

Work Completed On 01/13/2023

Review for DanDale Fence - 1700 Delaney St, Virginia Beach, VA - 39996924

11/25/2022

Christina H.

The job was completed ias promised. The workers did a great job.

Description of Work
Installation of wood fence

Category fencing

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review for our company!

07/29/2022

Christopher M.

DanDale Fence did an outstanding job. We couldn’t be happier and they stand behind their work.

Description of Work
farm style 3 rail fence

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

Thank you for taking your time out of your day to leave this great review for our company!

07/07/2022

William E.

From start to finish Dan Dale stayed in constant communication with me during the whole process. On the day of install they where on time and installed the fence in one day. They did an excellent job and left nothing after the end of the project. Would recommend them to my whole family.

Description of Work
Wood fence

Work Completed On 07/06/2022

Thank you so much for leaving this review for our company! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us here at DanDale! We appreciate your business and we are delighted to hear that you loved your finished product! Thank you from the DanDale Team!

07/07/2022

Kerri C.

I am so pleased with the 3 rail cattle fence that was installed around my back yard. The guys that installed were extremely professional and so nice. The final results are stunning.

Description of Work
Fencing install

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

06/30/2022

Beau W.

We are extremely happy with our easy experience with Dan Dale Fence. From the start, they were so helpful and straight forward. They obviously take pride in their awesome work. Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness all on point. We LOVE our fence!! They had our fence installed all in one day, accommodating and understanding of unique requests and priorities. understanding and easy to talk through the plan with. They did a great job and we are very pleased with the end result! Quality of the work is top tier and we consider it a very good worthy investment. Would recommend this company to anyone with fencing needs, large or small.

Description of Work
Wood Fence and Gates install

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

06/23/2022

Linn S.

The crew was friendly and fast without sacrificing quality! Turned a 2 day job into 1.

Description of Work
Replace wood fence

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

11/29/2021

Raymond M.

Well, 1. If you want a company that does a bait and switch, falsely advertises their product and ghosts you, Dan Dale is the company for you. 2. Website shows a 72" White Vinyl Privacy fence. What was delivered was a 70" privacy fence. Talking with the GM and QA guy (Josh) this is normal operating procedure for Dan Dale. By Contract forced them to order the agreed upon fence. The new fence was not the 50 yr thicker fence so Dan Dale scammed me for about $1500. 3. The QA guy came out and to inspect when I stopped the work due to not what was agreed upon in the contract. After agreeing with me he states let me go make a 5-minute phone call and I will be right back. I was in the backyard the whole time. The QA guy drove off after about 15 minutes. His excuse " I rang the doorbell and left 2 messages with your wife. He fully knew I was in the backyard and told us he would be right back. 4. The Fence install team called their boss on Nov 17th to get a 3-Hour re-mark from Miss Utilities on one side of the house. I was told the re-mark was called in. As of Nov 29th, no re-marking has been completed. I called miss Utility and checked va811.com, there is NO ticket to get the re-mark done. I called it in today. Miss Utility informed me within 48 hours from 7am 30 Nov. 5. The install team has called to ask if the re-mark has been done and the GM asked me to call as soon as the re-mark is complete. Customer service is POOR, Intentional False Advertising. Attached Pics are Dan Dale Website showing 72" Privacy fence, other pic is the Install team lead measuring the fence as 70".

Description of Work
White Vinyl Privacy Fence

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

Review for DanDale Fence - 1700 Delaney St, Virginia Beach, VA - 39941934

We are so sorry to hear that things did not go well for you. We would love to discuss these concerns and figure out how we can solve all of these issues for you. Please call our office at your earliest time to discuss and fix everything for you! We look forward to hearing from you soon!

11/29/2021

Raymond M.

Well, 1. If you want a company that does a bait and switch, falsely advertises their product and ghosts you, Dan Dale is the company for you. 2. Website shows a 72" White Vinyl Privacy fence. What was delivered was a 70" privacy fence. Talking with the GM and QA guy (Josh) this is normal operating procedure for Dan Dale. By Contract forced them to order the agreed upon fence. 3. The QA guy came out and to inspect when I stopped the work due to not what was agreed upon in the contract. After agreeing with me he states let me go make a 5-minute phone call and I will be right back. I was in the backyard the whole time. The QA guy drove off after about 15 minutes. His excuse " I rang the doorbell and left 2 messages with your wife. He fully knew I was in the backyard and told us he would be right back. 4. The Fence install team called their boss on Nov 17th to get a 3-Hour re-mark from Miss Utilities on one side of the house. I was told the re-mark was called in. As of Nov 29th, no re-marking has been completed. I called miss Utility and checked va811.com, there is NO ticket to get the re-mark done. I called it in today. Miss Utility informed me within 48 hours from 7am 30 Nov. 5. The install team has called to ask if the re-mark has been done and the GM asked me to call as soon as the re-mark is complete. Customer service is POOR, Intentional False Advertising. Attached Pics are Dan Dale Website showing 72" Privacy fence, other pic is the Install team lead measuring the fence as 70".

Description of Work
White Vinyl Privacy Fence

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

Review for DanDale Fence - 1700 Delaney St, Virginia Beach, VA - 39556138

03/01/2021

Kathryn L.

Punctual and provided pricing. They we’re significantly higher than company chosen.

Description of Work
Fence install

Category decks, fencing

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

07/31/2020

James B.

Outstanding. From start to finish. Job started on July 7 and was finished on July 11th. Salesman Brian was engaged, knowledgeable and polite. He explained the Company’s product, process, warranty, guarantee etc. Next came the Tear down (old fence) and install team, Josiah and Tom. Josiah was steady and deliberate and had everything tore out in about a day and a half and then Tom started working setting lines and posts and building the fence. Tom was amazing and very attentive and deliberate. He worked hard getting the fence up, but n spite of the oppressive heat we experienced that week. Very hard, dependable worker. Also a craftsman. His fence line is the straightest I have seen and the fence he built for us will last for decades. A few days after completion, owner came out the inspect the work and ensure that I was satisfied. I was and am. I highly recommend Dan Dale Fence and will use them again if needed.

Description of Work
Built 202 feet of privacy fence with a custom 5 ft wide gate

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

Review for DanDale Fence - 1700 Delaney St, Virginia Beach, VA - 38763271

07/07/2020

Michael Ann B.

We called DanDale because of there outstanding reviews. Reviewers were repeatedly impressed with the product and service provided, though it’s not the “cheapest” option. Our sales rep, Brian, was able to come to our home at 7:00pm to meet with my husband and I. He took us through DanDale’s customer satisfaction guarantees, showed us samples of the wood to be used and presented the options that would best suit our needs and our budget. He was our first (and last) fencing estimate because my husband and I agreed that quality product and service will be worth the possible extra cost compared to other companies. We are so impressed with the values of the company AND I just scheduled the start of our install, less than three weeks after our estimate. Other companies would not be able to even come for an estimate until the end of July. We are very excited to have our new fence at our new home for our family!

Description of Work
Fence install

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

07/01/2020

Timothy B.

We met with Brian, the sales representative for Dan Dale Fence. We decided to hire this company based on our meeting with Brian and the incentives offered as well as the company’s promise of integrity, honesty, and quality. We will update the review after completion of the job, but are looking forward to a beautiful new fence that will meet or exceed our expectations.

Description of Work
Fence installation

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

06/26/2020

Molly W.

I just met with Brian with Dan Dale Fence and the entire experience leading up to our fence purchase has been excellent. We can’t wait to get our new fence!!

Description of Work
New Privacy Fence

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

11/01/2019

James K.

Salesman Steve was very courteous and it appeared we might hire Dan Dale Fencing until he gave us a quote of $7,500 (with a measly $600 discount). This quote was $3,700 higher than the highest quote we had already received. No wonder this company does not have an A rating. We have decided to abandon this project until a later date.

Description of Work
140 ft. of split rail fence replaced.

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

04/03/2019

Ron O.

company did not come out and look at job..had me take pictures to send to them..forwarded pictures and never heard from them again.

Description of Work
needed front gate of fencing replaced

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

07/01/2018

Janette P.

Never obtained city permits as of 7/1/2018 that were listed on original contract and stated would be done by 6/30/18 when still had not done this Original install date started in September 2017 with on-going warranty repairs; although, not original agreed start date (reported back-ups due to weather pushed back date) Used 6x4 post that they cut down to a 4x4 (in ground but not above so we did not know till it was replaced) so could not hold weight of FIRST front gate installed Back gate has fell off twice with post pulled from garage after FIRST and SECOND gate was done Fence is still not straight or level Nails still stick out through wood exposing sharp ends Gates and handles still not level Drilled through concrete at wrong spot so had to redo Used nails that rusted and had to be replaced Each "best guy working for me" have either been fired or quit (and we went through 3 of the supervisors alone) No shows at least three times for warranty repairs Cracked/chipped and warped wood used Pickets unaligned and not hung close together especially on gates No company email address on website or provided to us. All communications are done via text or phone calls Will not refund money. Offered only to provide us with some wood based on his calculations and a couple hundred dollars for another company to repair. Left nails, cigarette butts and empty bottles on property (recently got two nails in my new car's rear tire) Jordan responds normally within 24 hours by text messages, but not as quick to make things actually happen Majority of pictures attached are still how fence looks and last TWO repairs were done by Jordan (owner) and another employee But all this is nitpicking according to Jordan Stockdale, the owner of the company. Will not refund money. Offered only to provide us with some wood based on his calculations and a couple hundred dollars for another company to repair. Pictures attached cannot even begin to show how frustrating and time consuming this process has been and is still unresolved. I would have attached more as I have so many more, but there is a limit. I judged the price as unfair as the quality of the fence we are left with does not equal what we paid.

Description of Work
Wood fence

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

Review for DanDale Fence - 1700 Delaney St, Virginia Beach, VA - 37204818

04/21/2018

Patricia R.

The finished product exceeds my expectations -- a lovely metal fence yielding a real increase in the appearance and likely value of my property. There were a few miscommunications at the outset (I really wanted to review the warranty before I paid for materials and set the ball in motion as I live at the bayfront, and wanted to see the terms regarding appearance and salt damage; also installer had an illness that delayed installation for half a week). However, the finished product is remarkable, and the installer Sh'va was well spoken, polite, and worked with skill and diligence to complete the job. Both sales and installation folks were timely with appointments, and the owner was available and well spoken. Not the cheapest, but clearly the best.

Description of Work
Fence on property with gate and additional gate

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

02/05/2018

Michael A.

Job went a little slower than expected due to weather and muddy terrain as a result, however the guys persevered and got everything done. They arrived to do the job about a week earlier than they estimated, which was nice. Price was a little higher than expected but we went with DanDale because of the positive reviews here. Willing to pay more for quality, basically. There was a bit of a hiccup with communication, because of the weather they couldn't get as much done, but instead of letting us know before they left, the guys just took off early one of the days. It wasn't a huge deal, they explained it the next day when I asked, and we got a call from Jordan (the boss man) after the job was completed and talked it out with him. No concerns on that front, the effort to make it right...made it right! Nice work, would definitely recommend even with the minor hiccups for weather and communications.

Description of Work
Removed 25+ year old wood fence and replaced with 232' of ¾" Yellow Pine Dog Ear privacy fence with new posts, plus two spring-hinged gates.

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

01/03/2018

John L.

Very well. That did a fantastic job and it looks great.

Description of Work
Privacy fence in back yard and border fence in the front

Work Completed On 01/03/2018

07/28/2016

stuart S.

Excellent. Prompt communication and kept me updated since we both understood this was a small job and would have to be worked in between other projects. Apparently, did such a good job that a neighbor asked them for an estimate on a deck while they were there

Description of Work
Replaced a worn out privacy fence