D E Maher Jr Painting

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2010

1344 Electric Ct

Virginia Beach, VA 23451

10% Military Discount, References available upon request, State Licensed Contractor. We helped in the Extreme Makeover Home Edition in Virginia Beach...Painted Baylake Retirement Home off Shore Drive. Donnie has Painted over thousand of houses. We specialize in Interior. Additional Contact

11/15/2022

Darrell F.

I've had several go-to painters in the past, but I recently had Donnie of D.E. Maher Painting do my exterior doors and trim. He also repaired some of the wood trim. Donnie is very meticulous, the quality of his work is outstanding, and his costs are very competitive when compared to other painters. I am beyond satisfied with his work and have no hesitations in recommending him. Needless to say, this is my new go-to guy. See the Google reviews. Photos: Before (Tan) and After (Red, Pure White)

Description of Work
Power washing, repair wood rot to soffits, roof edge and gable trim, exterior trim and doors painted.

Category house painters

05/16/2022

Joseph P.

We could not be more happy with the results! Donnie was so friendly and professional. Showed up ready to work every day, and worked tirelessly. We had our entire house painted, including the baseboards and trim. Donnie was fast and efficient. We have had 2 other professional painters do work for us in the past, and Donnie was definitely superior in quality. We would recommend him to anyone and will absolutely be using him in the future for any other paint projects.

Description of Work
Painted the entire interior of our home including baseboards, trim, and crown molding, doors, and banisters.

Category contractors, interior painters

03/09/2021

Patricia C.

Hiring someone unknown to do a big job comes with a bit of keeping your fingers crossed because you never know how it's going to end. We are making over our home for the first time since we purchased it 22 years ago. We spoke to a few painters and I am so happy to have selected D.E.Maher Jr. Painting for the job to repaint the interior of our home. He did a FANTASTIC JOB! He and his crew were very professional, showed up on time and gave us very useful advise based on his experience. I could quickly tell he loves and takes pride in his job. I am not big on writing reviews but this is well deserved. I'm pleased to recommend his for your next painting project. I'm very happy to have made his acquaintance and look forward to working with him again and I will gladly recommend him to everyone that will admire the awesome job he did for us.

Description of Work
Interior painting (whole house).

03/31/2018

jorge D.

Still extremely happy with their service. two thumbs up!!!

Description of Work
power washed my back deck

10/23/2017

Dana P.

It went great! I will call them again for future jobs.

Description of Work
I had the entire outside of my home repainted. I have a dryvet home, not easy to paint. Donnie and Tom were here every morning at 8:30 as promised and in 1 week the job was completed. I received daily updates of how the job was going and they were always willing to answer my questions. The job site was cleaned up at the end of the day and when the job was completed.

Category house painters, interior painters

07/29/2015

MARY M.

He showed up to inspect the deck and give me the estimate at the specific date and time. We agreed on a date and time for the work. He called fifteen minutes before he showed up to the power washing. He worked quickly and effectively. He told me when he would be there the following day to apply the stain. After he was done with the staining, I looked around the back yard believing I would need to pick up a scrap of paper or a bit of trash. Nothing. The only evidence that he had been here was a freshly stained back deck. I will use him again. Beyond his professional competence, he is friendly, he listens, he is personable.

Description of Work
He thoroughly power washed my back deck using a bleach/water solution removing older, flaking stain, accumulated dirt, grime, and moss build up. After allowing the deck to dry adequately, he applied the agreed brand and color of stain using a brush which eliminated any possibility of a splash on the siding.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

02/04/2015

Mark P.

Let me start out by saying my wife and I love the results. In fact, we are going to use them for future paint projects. But, I should start at the beginning. After a referral from another contractor, I called and spoke with the owners Debbie & Donnie of D. E. Maher Jr. Painting. They were able to come out the same day and provide an estimate. Additionally, they were able to help us decide on paint colors and schemes. Chesapeake has a lot of houses with stained wood trim that make the houses look old and dated. With Donnie's help, my house now looks more contemporary with a fresh new look. The results exceeded my expectations. Donnie and Tom (his employee) are professional painters. The trim lines are tight, the holes are filled in, and the caulk is perfect. The results speak for themselves. You can really tell the difference between a professional and novice paint job. Lastly, the cost was reasonable, the paint was a quality name brand, and their experience truly shows. My wife and I love the results. My advice is that you should hire Donnie Maher if you want a professional quality paint job at a reasonble price.

Description of Work
Paint whole kitchen with stained wood trim, dining room trim, living room cathedral ceiling and doors. Donnie also supplied the paint (in my case, it was Sherwin Williams paint). :)

10/13/2012

B J A.

Hired to remove wallpaper, skim-coat the wall and paint. My husband called him the night before to verify that he would be skim-coating the walls, because there were many patched holes and flakes of old paint. (By the time Don came, I had already removed most of the wallpaper and plastered in the holes, so he didn't have to do that.) On Wednesday, Don did a little bit of wallpaper removal and sanding, then he primed the walls. I told him I expected skim-coating, and he said he wouldn't do that for $300. But that was our verbal agreement! So he painted (one full wall and two half-walls.) Because there was no skim-coating, the surface of the wall is uneven; you can see the outline of the old paint flakes and sunken-in patched holes. But the reason I am writing this is because last night I noticed that he had sprayed paint on my beautiful glass and stone mosaic backsplash under the windowsill! All he had to do would have been to wipe the paint off while it was still wet. Now, three days later, I am having to scratch off the dried paint with my thumbnail and a knife -- that gets it off the glass tiles, but the paint has entered the cracks of the tavertine and granite tiles, and I can't get it out. I have already spent an hour scraping, which cleaned up about 1/3 of the backsplash.

Description of Work
Hired to remove wallpaper, skim-coat the wall and paint.

Category interior painters

This is Don, I just noticed this and I never spray primer I always roll it on and I'm confused. I have been in Business for 34 yrs and never once have I had any complaints about my work. So I'm not sure who you are cause I don't do work like that. I would not do a job for that price to remove wallpaper and prime and paint. If I did this why didn't someone call me to come back to make you satisfied?

ASAP CONSTRUCTION LLC

It is always better to contact us through email instead of this app, repair@asapconstruction.net ASAP Construction, LLC is a Virginia Class “A” Contractor with experience in the complete services of repair and installation for your home in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth, and Norfolk VA. Family owned and operated since 1991, we are proud to be your Home Repair Specialists! Our specialties include: Masonry, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical. For over two decades most of our business has come from word of mouth and referrals and the US Local Business Association has awarded us the Best of Chesapeake 2008 – Present in Repair and Installation Services. We are also listed as one of Angie’s List highest Rated Contractors. ASAP Construction, LLC is a company you can trust to supply experience, professionalism and quality home repair and installation services. Let us be your personal technician. When calling, press Option 1 for Jack if you need Plumbing, Electrical or General Home Installation/Repair work and press Option 2 for Chris if you need Carpentry, Rotten Wood, Termite Damage, Roof Repair, Drywall or Masonry. We answer our own calls to provide you the most comprehensive call experience so if we miss your call please leave a message and we will get back to you. If we cannot personally do the work ourselves 90% of the time we know somebody that will help you. If for some reason we are slow to reply to your message - please forgive us! As we are answering our own calls, occasionally, they can slip through the cracks. Just send us an email or call us again - we are happy to work with you!

Offers Coupon

Pauls Pressure Washing

There is nothing like a SoftWash Systems™ cleaning by Paul! Serving both residential and commercial customers in Virginia Beach, Paul and his professionally trained crew deliver an effective, eco-friendly, and long-lasting clean. Traditional pressure washing uses power to blast at surface dirt and contaminants with damaging forces of up to 3,500 PSI. It doesn’t get at the root of the stains, which are caused by an organic infection – algae and lichens. Paul’s system uses a safe, low pressure SoftWash with environmentally safe cleaning solutions to kill the contaminants at their root. Our 100% biodegradable, phosphate-free solutions use the power of chemistry to result in a clean that lasts 4-6 times longer. Nothing improves the curb appeal of a home like a brand new looking roof, siding, walkway, fence, or patio. Low pressure washing increases the life span of siding and shingles. Customer satisfaction is a priority. We take extra care not to damage surrounding plant life and landscaping. Visit our website www.paulspressurewashing.com for our list of services. If you’re in need of pressure washing in the Hampton Roads area, call us or text us at 757.803.6916 to schedule a free estimate.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

2022 Super Service Award

Interior & Exterior Painting.