Chimney Doctors

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2006

For over 10, Southeast Virginia and the surrounding area has recognized the Chimney Doctors as the company for quality chimney cleaning, repair and restoration. Our expert staff and reasonable prices have helped Chimney Doctors earn a reputation for speedy service, quality and value. At the Chimney Doctors we provide the knowledge and experience to help you make the best decisions regarding your property. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us. We're glad you're here and hope to hear from you soon....

Hybrid Air Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

ben@hybridairusa.com HYBRID AIR, INC. is a customer focused heating and air-conditioning company that was originally started in 2008. Located in Virginia Beach, VA, we employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Tide Water Virginia. Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and installing complete comfort systems for owners of existing homes and buildings just like yours. We take special pride in the craftsmen we train and employ--a fact you'll notice immediately in the attitude and integrity they bring to your job site. Our entire company works hard to make your experience with us hassle-free and enjoyable. Should we make a mistake, we will do everything in our power to correct it to your satisfaction.

Offers by Hybrid Air Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. on Angi
Nick's Landscaping Service

Specializing in weekly or bi-weekly cut, edge and blow as well as all yard clean-ups and mulch! We also offer outdoor maintenance including gutter cleaning, leaf clean-ups, roof cleaning, pressure washing and more! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Nick's Landscaping Service on Angi

10/07/2020

pleasant, professional, will use again.

Description of Work
They cleaned and inspected our chimney.

Category chimney sweep

04/19/2017

Terrible- a nightmare

Description of Work
We gave this company a $1000 deposit on a job, but decided the next day to go with a different company who was 1/3 the cost. We asked for a refund of our deposit the day after it was given to him. It has been two weeks and we can not get our money back. He will not return our calls or respond to our messages. This is stealing! No work was performed by Chimney Doctors and we need our money back. I would never use this company- he is more expensive than everybody else and keeps saying he will "throw that in for free". Go somewhere else- its a sham.

02/17/2017

I called and they were out there within a day or less. We set a date for them to come back. They came back on the date that we discussed. They threw in the free chimney cleaning in addition to the work that we were having done. It took them about four hours and we had no issues with the workers. The cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Chimney repair and chimney cleaning.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

07/01/2013

Contractors cost was 4 times that of his competitors. In addition, he recommended that I replace things that did not need to be replaced. Finally, after receiving the quote, the contractor was very pushy to get the contract. This continued even after I informed him that I wanted a second quote before making up my mind.

Description of Work
Inspected 2 fireplaces and provided quote for repair.

03/14/2013

Please see the attached documentation regarding our critique: February 24, 2013 Attn: Steven F. Skloff, President Chimney Doctor Corp. of Virginia As on February 13, 2013, we contacted Batchelder & Collins, Inc. to secure assistance with locating a chimney contractor to adequately provide repair services for reparation of water leaks in our chimney. They referred us to your company, Chimney Doctor...

Description of Work
Please see the attached invoice, dated 14 February 2013, indicating the services provided by Chimney Doctor Corp of Virginia. We would like to have you review our statement of what was actually accomplished during this Maintenance & Service Report. Also, it would be appreciated if you would look for pictures taken of the existing chimney. It should be noted that our residence originally was constructed during 1939. Subsequently in 2008 the house was renovated, to meet the City of Virginia Beach Code. The renovation of the house, the roof was raised 10 feet to meet the new design. A new portion of the chimney was added at that time. Mr. Steven Skloff, President, Chimney Doctor Corp of Virginia stated in his Maintenance Letter report “that the exterior brick was porous and had the beginning stages of efflorescence - bleeding of the brick on it.” “The mortar crown on top of the chimney had cracks thus allowing water intrusion.” All of this information is provided to reveal the fact that just taking a person’s word over a written contract is not practical. When we hired Chimney Doctor Corp of Virginia, it was our intention that mortar work would be done as he assured us that they had a brick mason who could do the work. As you will see in the photos the work was never done. The bricks were not only porous, but they had cracks between the enjoining bricks. All of this was to have been taken care of by the contractor. Unfortunately this was only a verbal statement and was not included in the contract. The connection between the old and new chimney was to have been ground out and replaced properly. Because of this, we are hiring a brick mortar contractor to actually remedy this situation. Mr. Skloff stated, the water intrusion on top of the chimney was caused by an open cap allowing water to enter. After the chimney cap was removed and replaced by a new Stainless Steel Cap remedying this situation. We were also informed that the flashing had not been done properly and would have to be replaced. After meeting with our roofing contractors, they informed us the flashing had been done properly and would not need to be replaced. All of this adjusting our repair estimate. Unfortunately, after what we thought was going to be done, was not discovered until our roofing contractors arrived on the scene. Tragically this has been a costly lesson, which we will not repeat again. And we would hope that others would not be taken in by this company. We would appreciate your review of these findings.

08/07/2012

I had a poor experience using this company. The process to resolve the leak aound my roof took about a month. This company had to come out several times to repair the leak. It took them three visits before they applied the correct material to stop the leak. They eventually figured out the leak was the result of an improper seal on my flashing, not due to issues with the chimney. Had this company had the knowledge to correctly identify the issu up front, they would have appropriately resolved the issue without having to stop out to my home several times. Furthermore they did not feel liable for the leak damage that occurred in my home during the month they were trying to fix the issues. I do not recommend them to others.

Description of Work
This company fixed a leak near my chimney.

04/06/2011

He finished the chimney, I wrote him a check for the full amount and shortly after the chimney started to make a lot of noise because of the wind. I called him, but he said that there was nothing wrong with it. Eventually he sent someone out to check it out and that's when I discovered that he did not get a permit. He went to the city to get a permit at this point and they made him tear all of his work out, put it back together and it is still has the same problem--not as extreme as before--but the problem remains. Now when I try to contact him he will not return my phone calls. I am still afraid to use my fireplace to this day. The outside of my house is still not finished.

Description of Work
I used the services of Chimney Doctors to replace the chimney.

03/06/2009

This is an update. Chimney Doctors agreed to a partial refund, the amount was mutually agreed upon. I give Chimney Doctors credit for taking action which in my mind has 'made me whole'.

Description of Work
I had the long post about removing the arch and not having any crown built up.

05/22/2006

We scheduled the service and they showed up on time. They were very professional and they did a great job of cleaning up everything when they were done. We have actually used this company for the last 3 years to do the service checks on our chimney. They have always been very fair to us.

Description of Work
They checked out our fireplace, cleaned it, and also they replaced the ember log.

Category chimney sweep

04/19/2017

Terrible- a nightmare

Category chimney repair contractor

Accessory Installation, Blockage Removal, Brick & Block Work, Brick & Stone Pointing, Brick Repair, Caulking, Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Covers, Tops & Caps, Chimney Repairs, Code Violation Repairs, Crown Repair, Damper Installation & Repair (Lock Top Damper Caps), Dryer Vent Installation, Fire Safety Inspections, Flue Spillage, Inspections, Installation, Leak Repair, Rain & Animal Guards Installation, Restoration Tops & Caps, Tuckpointing, Warranties & Guarantees, Waterproofing

Please see for details