ATLANTIC GLASS & MIRROR

Founded 1988 • With Angi since December 2006

1720 VIRGINIA BEACH BLVD

Virginia Beach, VA 23454

We are a family owned business and have been around for over 20 years. We strive to do the best job we can at a resonable price and will not be happy unless the customer is happy. Thank You

11/07/2017

Robert W.

Everything was perfect!

Description of Work
Special order glass for coffee table

11/10/2015

Mike Y.

10/21/2015

Bill B.

Description of Work
I called to schedule an appointment to have a shower door adjusted and a bathroom mirror reset. The repairmen examined the door and said the door would need a new hinge, which they would order. A month later I called Atlantic Glass to check on the hinge and was told it was ordered but had not yet arrived. I called again two months later and was told that they had no record of the order or the repairmen's visit. Beyond frustrated with Atlantic Glass.

Category glass repair

Mr Banis. I am sorry to hear of the problems you had getting your job completed. I assume that I am the original repair man you spoke of. I was not aware of the problems with the job and would love the opportunity to correct the lapse. If you would like, I would love to come take another look. Please call 4916477 and ask for John. If I am not in, leave a message and I will call you back. Again, I apologize for the problem.

10/05/2015

J. A.

Description of Work
date of service 09-10-15 cost of service 1200.00$

06/17/2015

Mitchell S.

The gentleman that came over to take the measurements for the glass shower door also took measurements for some glass tabletops we wanted. He was courteous and professional. The installers showed up two hours late because of some issues at a previous appointment but were apologetic and did a great job installing our glass shower door. The glass tabletops they brought with them were supposed to be 1/4" but instead were 1/8". They called and confirmed they had the wrong size and Atlantic delivered the correct size a few days later. The mirrors the cut down for us we dropped of and picked up ourselves. They have been helpful and informative everytime we've used their services.

Description of Work
Installed glass door on new shower, supplied glass tabletops, cut some mirrors down to a smaller sizes.

06/08/2015

Richard W.

Michael stood out from the others. Professional, timely, and a touch of witty. It was a pleasure to meet him and let him finish off our master bath.

Description of Work
Custom shower door

06/08/2015

William B.

Was completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Made bathroom vanity mirrors to dimensions specified.

12/18/2014

Shermaine J.

Description of Work
Prepared sheets of glass for a china closet. They did a great job. They even re-cut the two sheets into thirds when I discovered that that was necessary to fit them in the china closet.

12/01/2014

James E.

I was very pleased with the work performed by Atlantic Glass and Mirror. They were very professional from the very first appointment where accurate measurements were taken. The quote came in $100 lower than my other estimate and the estimator was much more professional and seemed to know the business better. The first time they came out, the realized that they needed to order a special tool in order to remove my glass panel because of where the screws were located. They came out again a few days later and had the panel replaced. Cleaned up thoroughly when they were done. Always respectful.

Description of Work
Replaced a glass panel in my sun room.

06/17/2014

Sandra F.

called Atlantic Glass to find out about having a mirror cut down in size. Yes, they offered the service, no I did not need an appointment. If I brought the mirror in and someone else was in the shop to help her it could be done while I wait. However, most likely I would need to pick it up the next day or so. The next day I drove the 15 or so miles to the shop only to find a different story when I arrived. The shop is open during the day but no one doing glass work is back until after 4. (A detail that would have been nice to know). The HUGE problem though-I could leave the mirror, but I could not get any help getting it into the shop. If I couldn't get it in myself-then I could come back after 4. What a huge waste of time! By the way, the woman who was in the shop that morning, was the same woman I spoke to on the phone!

Description of Work
Ultimately, nothing!

Category glass repair

We are sorry for the communication breakdown reguarding our table guy. Typically we have personal there all day long. If you still need the glass cut down, we would be happy to at no charge. Again, sorry for the mix up.

06/10/2014

Stefan S.

I asked for and was provided an estimate to replace a cracked storefront glass. It was for $456.68. I had 2 other estimates for the same job. One came in at $309 and the one at $291.50.

Description of Work
provided an estimate.

Category glass repair

We at Atlantic Glass and Mirror try to provide a fair and honest estimate to our customers. Your estimate involved removing the old and broken glass from your storefront and replacing it with new, tinted safety glass to. Tinted safety glass can be expensive. We only hope the other quotes were for the same type of glass. Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with a quote and we hope you were able to get your window taken care of.

05/25/2014

Donald H.

Ray came over and gave me a fair price on a 4x8 storefront window. Only issue was with the coming and going. Had to call to see if he had completed the scope of work from what had been discussed. Very personable and I'd use him again even with the lack of communication.

Description of Work
Replaced commercial window and hung door

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

02/10/2014

debbie M.

They did the work, but I wasn’t really impressed with the windows. However, their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
I have used Atlantic Glass & Mirror for windows.

Category replacement windows

01/30/2014

rich L.

During our move, one of the glass shelves to our china cabinet broke. My wife measured the space needed and I ordered it. The price was very reasonable and the service was friendly and prompt. Unfortunately, after I picked it up and tries to place it in the cabinet, it would not fit. Turns out, my wife did not measure correctly and it was too big. I called Atlantic to buy another piece and after explaining the situation, the salesperson told me to remeasure and bring in the pice they had already cut. In short, they resized the piece overnight and did't charge us a thing. Their outstanding customer service and quality work will bring me back the next time I need any glass work. Thanks!

Description of Work
Created custom glass shelf for a china cabinet.

10/29/2013

Ric F.

A bit pricy but the work was fine.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken pane of glass and security film.

Category glass repair, replacement windows

01/31/2013

Merrill L.

Called to advise expected door arrival from mfg. Called to say we're expecting it earlier. Called to say it go there early and confirmed install date. Arrived on time and completed the door install nicely.

Description of Work
Steam shower door install

12/10/2012

GINO B.

I was not in the room to witness the install, but I assume the glass door was already pre-drilled with the hinge holes and openings for the door handles. If the lower hinge were an inch higher from the floor, this would have straddeled the tile joint and most likely not have cracked ( in my opinion). The installers were very nice, told me I had a year warranty on the door should anything unusual pop up and left my home as clean as they found it. They most certainly sell a nice door, but it takes precision-like finess to do the install and follow up with high quality workmanship. UPDATE: 02/08/2013 after John , the owner saw my review, he called back to make sure all would be taken care of. His response was quick and sincere as he scheduled another crew ( more talented and obviously better equipped) to come out and rehang the door after the tile was repaired. He never got my previous messages as to the poor job the first crew did but he made good on his promise and the rehung door on the new un-cracked tile is first rate. This is the type of results you get from Angies List contractors will encourage me to call them again should I need their services.

Description of Work
I recently had a bathroom remodeled and was in need of a shower door. Aftervisiting the big box stores, I decided this would be a custom job and sifted thru various Angies list vendors. Atlantic Glass had good overall grades and recommendations so I contacted them for an estimate. I met with ( I think) Mr brown who came over , wrote up an estimate for a custom heavy frameless shower enclosure with 3/8 " clear tempered glass and with oil rubbed bronze hardware. A few days later I emailed asking how would the price compare to a sliding glass door. I got no response and called again getting a voice mail, asking the same thing. I then got an e-mail with the requested info. I then decided to go with the more expensive frameless door. I stopped by their office ( 11/02/2012), put half down and was told I'd be contacted with respect to scheduling within 2-3 weeks . On the 21st of November, I still had no word so I called & e-mailed asking if there was an istall date. I received a call back the next day with the scheduled day of 11/30/2012. The guys showed up and promptly began to install the door. After 1.5 to 2 hrs I was summoned tot he bathroom to give it my approval. The door did look great and the fit, material, and quality were spot on. They did however, crack the tile at the lower hinge , which they acknowledged. I was told it was sealed properly and that the hinge screws were well seated into the wall stud. With no remorse or suggestion for repair, they blew it off as if 'this happens alot' and even suggested I should leave it alone since repairs would eventually just cost me more money. I emailed them back on Dec 1, asking them what recouse did I have if I wanted this tile repaired and was never answered. This left a bad feeling with me and as a result give them a B rating ( almost a C for poor communication through out) and will probably not use them again. The door itself is quite nice but the lower hinge with its top screw, went right threw the joint cracking the tile in 2 places.

11/03/2012

Robert T.

It went great,and looks even better. We visited the Atlantic glass show room before we called for an estimate and were impressed by the welcome and attention while there. The estimator arrived at the date and exact time agreed upon. He did extensive measrurements and listened to all of our comments and desires. When we received the estimate several days later, we agreed upon price and terms with an installation date approximately three weeks away with a call for exact arrival time day before installation. Unfortunately, one of the glass panels arrived broken and installation was slipped one week. Day before installation, we received a call and were given a time. Two young gentlemen showed up, actually a half hour early which was fine with me. These guys were great. Not only were they very friendly, they were extremely professional and really knew how to install the product. We were told that installation could take up to four hours, but actual time was half of that. When they were done, they called us in and showed us their work. It looked great, and the installation was outstanding. Will use them again when the occassion comes up.

Description of Work
Order and installed one large beleved mirror and glass to enclose our renovated bathroom. This included a glass panel for the knee wall, glass panel for the shower opening and glass shower door, all custom made for our shower

05/31/2012

Deanna V.

When Julie called (April 2nd) a week after John came out she had my estimate. I immediately gave her my visa card number for the full amount and she said it would take about a 1.5-2 weeks for the glass to be installed. A week later (April 9th) she called again asking me to come in and confirm the S shape. She again said it would be 1.5-2 weeks till install. April 30th I called to inquire about my glass. Heather said it came in that day and we set up the install for May 3rd. She said the installers would be here between 8:30am-9am. The installers showed up at 9:15am and after an hour they announced the glass was cut incorrectly and left. I immediately called Julie who said she would call the manufacturer and get back to me. On May 8th I had heard nothing and called again, this time demanding either a full refund or a partial refund with a promise of install by May 18th. The owner called me and refunded some of my money and sure enough the glass was installed before my deadline date. Even though we had these hiccups I still had a good experience with Atlantic. They were always courteous and polite. Even when I asked for my money back there was no yelling or refusal, they remained professional. That's what I look for in a company; good customer service and some kind of refund when things go wrong. I will use them again despite these issues.

Description of Work
Called Atlantic Glass to price out putting and S shaped glass door in my shower.

11/04/2010

Tara C.

Wonderful experience with this company. Our shower doors had to be custom-made because of the slant in the roof/wall of the bathroom. I ordered the doors two weeks in advance and they were completed in the alotted time frame. The installation was quick and complete (there were no "loose ends" left for me to tie up). I felt the price was reasonable for the service that was performed and I would definitely recommend this company to friends or family.

Description of Work
Glass doors were custom made and installed to enclose our shower.

02/17/2010

Sandra E.

I have been taking my "odd" jobs to Atlantic Glass and Mirror for more than 5 years. I buy different tables and end tables and chests and ask them to custom-cut glass covers for everything. Not only do they do the job PERFECTLY, they do it FAST! I LOVE ATLANTIC GLASS AND MIRROR and will ALWAYS take my special requests to this company. I appreciate a business that cares about doing a job to near perfection in a timely manner!

Description of Work
I brought in a paper template for a piece of glass to be cut to cover the top of a chest. It is an odd shape and they were able to get the job done within 24 hours! At a great price!

09/12/2007

FIJI W.

I am very pleased with the quality of their work. They are quick and friendly. They have improved their service tremendously over the past year and their prices are still very reasonable. I absolutely recommend them.

Description of Work
My outside glass patio table broke into 2 pieces. I took the broken glass over to their shop so they could cut it into two 20 inch X 24 inch panels and used them for my coffee table.

Category furniture repair

Window World of Tidewater

Window World of Tidewater is one of the largest home improvement resources in the region. With a wide array of products including vinyl replacement windows, vinyl siding, replacement doors, gutters, and shutters. With various colors and styles, we provide countless combinations of exterior solutions. Our products are designed to increase the performance of your home, bringing energy efficiency and functionality to new heights.

W.T. Anderson Corp

**FREE ESTIMATES** CALL 757-816-9203 TODAY TO SET UP YOUR APPOINTMENT! Introducing Timberline Solar™, featuring the world’s first nailable solar shingle Why not make your new roof a solar roof? We offer Timberline Solar™ from GAF Energy, a roof that generates clean energy, looks great, and can pay you back over time as it powers your home (and reduces your electric bills!). This new solar roof boasts the world’s first nailable solar shingle, the Timberline Solar Energy Shingle™ (ES). The ES is assembled in the US, at GAF Energy’s stateside manufacturing plant. Timberline Solar™ protects like a roof and has solar energy built right in, and has comparable warranty coverage to the leading roofing brand in North America, too. We are proud to be one of the first roofers in the country to sell and install this new solar roof technology. These shingles are innovative; but don’t just take our word for it. Timberline Solar has received three awards from the leading consumer technology association in the world, the CTA — including its highest honor at CES 2022, the Best of Innovation Award. Reach out to our office at 757-816-9203 if you’re interested in Timberline Solar™ for your home! Thank you for contacting W.T. Anderson! As a class A contractor, we specialize in roofing, siding, gutters, and more. Your home or business is an investment! We are here to help you protect that investment. That’s why W.T. Anderson takes pride in the fact that we only use the highest quality materials. More importantly, we are dedicated to providing you professional service and quality workmanship. W.T. Anderson is not just a company. We’re a family and we take pride in knowing we are here to assist you in your exterior renovations. Give us a call today to discuss your ideas. Please ask about our $50 referral program. Award-winning! **Up to $500 Military Discount!**

Mr. Rogers Windows

Mr. Rogers Windows featuring Renewal by Andersen is proud to serve the window replacement and patio door replacement needs of the Virginia Beach metro area. We are the window replacement division of Andersen Windows, drawing on the Andersen tradition of over 110 years of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. Our turnkey process begins with a call from you and includes a respectful in-home sales consultation, custom-manufacturing of replacement windows to precisely fit your home and installation by a dedicated team of professionals. Best of all, we stand behind our products and installation with one of the strongest warranties in the window replacement business. Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5pm Sat: 10am - 2pm

CUSTOM MIRROR & GLASS WORK OF ALL TYPES, shower doors, storefronts