Armor Fence & Deck

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2006

637 Milburne Dr

Virginia Beach, VA 23464

2 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. No charge for after hours services. May contact through email.

07/13/2022

Renita B.

Everything went fantastic. They got out to my home quickly and gave me a fair price for labor. The quality of work was excellent and they completed the job fast. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
White Vinyl Fence

05/06/2022

William T.

William and his crew were awesome. I contacted William about the job and he was out to give a quote the same day. Work commenced immediately. Despite having issues with delivery from local hardware stores Armor managed to get the trees removed and my fence completed in a weeks time. My family could not be happier. I cannot recommend Armor highly enough.

Description of Work
Tree removal and complete fence replacement

Category fencing, tree service

01/31/2021

Dixie K.

I can’t say enough about Billy and his team (Dan and Doc). I heavily researched this project and received about 8 estimates from big box stores, widely advertised private companies, smaller independent companies and Armor offered the best pricing and workmanship. No other company was willing to rake the area around the fence, or work around roots and bushes. Confronted with the same challenges as the other companies, Billy and his team rolled up their sleeves and did the work at no extra cost. Billy hand picked the wood himself from the store. I paid the charge and his team brought the materials to my house. Billy speaks fast and I sometimes had a hard time understanding him, but he is old school in his work ethic. He does honest, hard work for a very reasonable price. This type of person and company is hard to find, a real gem! Three neighbors liked his work on my fence so much, they immediately hired him. Run, don’t walk to hire him. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Replace wooden fence

05/02/2019

Alison M.

Three phone calls, none of which were ever returned. We're now looking for another fence contractor to come and give us an estimate and hopefully perform the repairs. It's been a week, during which our dogs can only go into the back yard on leashes, due to the hole in the fence.

Description of Work
We needed a fence repair from the last storm

01/04/2019

Kathleen P.

Very responsive and came out same day. Did the work next day for a fair price. Looks amazing! Guys were great to work with. Would hire again for sure!

Description of Work
Portion of fence with gate rotted and needed to be replaced

03/07/2018

Brad M.

I called the company and they came out and did the estimate the same day (this probably isn't guaranteed during peak months) Billy ( the owner) called me and let me know what the cost would be. We then set up a day to start the work and I met him at the lumber store and bought the materials which the cost was then deducted from my original quote. They are hard working and make beautiful fences and gates.

Description of Work
98 feet of fence installed

06/08/2017

Michael H.

Billy was very professional and courteous. He and his crew did an awesome job from beginning to end!

Description of Work
Had my entire fence replaced.

06/01/2017

Ryan K.

It went well. Billie called came out gave an estimate. He and his partner even removed the metal posts that were in the ground whereas most companies said they would saw the top off of the post...which is unsat. They did the job right from start to finish. It took about 3 days because its a big property and it was just 2 of them. They even cleaned the area to make sure no debris that kids could get hurt on or dogs could eat where removed. These guys are A+ and super strong! It's been 1 year and still holding up great.

Description of Work
We needed a 4ft metal fence and posts removed on the sides of the property and replaced by white vinyl 6ft fencing.

05/11/2017

Jack P.

Billieand his helper had to piece a new vinyl fence onto and old vinyl fence that we had installed years ago. They pieced different fencing so it all blended together and looked beautiful. They worked very hard to complete it exactly the way we wanted it done.

Description of Work
Billie, had a unique situation with our yard space and fencing. He did a wonderful job completing our fence in a timely manner and was very professional.

02/24/2017

Brad M.

It went great. They came out for an estimate, then the next day started working. You will go with them to the hardware store and pay for the lumber, then they subtract the total price of the lumber from the estimate they gave you and pay them when the job is done. Very professional and hard working people, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
A 6 foot tall privacy fence was installed on one side of my house.

03/08/2016

JANICE D.

It went VERY well. Billy came, gave an estimate and within several days from my call saying that I chose his company to do the work, the work was done. Very professionally installed, fence was squared and leveled. Billy did what he said he would do, affordable! and did the work in one day. He, and his associates, worked the entire time they were at the house, no hanging around with nothing to do. Had the back and one side of the back yard replaced and after a pool replacement, he will return to replace the gate and fencing at the front of the house. Very pleased with the work. Yes, I would hire him again and I Highly recommend him. He has a great work ethic. He was honest and reliable.

Description of Work
Replaced 4' chain link fence with 6' vinyl privacy fence. Price included the fencing material. approx 128 ft of fencing.

12/06/2015

Jennifer W.

Billy and his assistant were great. He returned my message on Thursday, came for an estimate Friday, and did the work Saturday. They were friendly, reasonably priced, knowledgable, and so efficient and hard-working. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced some rotted fence posts

10/08/2015

Melissa K.

I called Armor for an estimate and just a few hours later Billy and Harry were at my house taking measurements. After giving me their price then getting a few more estimates later in the week it was a no brainer to hire Armor to do the job. They were ready to get started right away but Billy was very accommodating when I asked that they start later in the week on my days off. I work nights so I was worried about the noise. He was even accommodating when I rescheduled again with the threat of Hurricane Joaquin looming (he was ready to work in the rain). Once they were able to get started they knocked it out in 2 days and the work is top notch. It would be easier if you didn't have to go to Home Depot to buy the materials with him but being a very small company and hearing about being left with a bunch of materials on his hands when someone backs out I can understand why he does it this way. At least you get in and out quickly and you can see that they hand pick each piece of lumber. Overall we couldn't be happier with the work, price, and amount of time it took to do the job. I'd certainly recommend Armor to anyone!

Description of Work
Installed a 6ft. privacy fence

09/02/2015

Theresa E T.

I scheduled an estimate for today, 9/02/15. Armor Fence said they could do the work today and after getting a quote, I hired them on the spot. We went to Home Depot together and the two of them picked out wood-I mean it when I said they picked out the Weathershield wood for the supports, making sure it wasn't split or warped . They drove solo to Hercules fence and picked out cedar for the points and blanks which when they arrived back at my house, custom cut the boards to set the fence. They set the fence, posts in concrete, to match the height of the surrounding fence according to my wishes and to stay within the townhouse community's ARC guidelines. A storm came up, they covered their tools, sat in the car and finished working when the rain let up. These guys hustled when they worked and the work result was quality. I would definitely hire them again. The fence looks beautiful and feels secured. Thank you Armor Fence!

Description of Work
Replaced 30 feet of point and blank fence; removed fence waste. Replaced all parts of the dividing fence between two townhouse yards.

06/04/2015

Linda B.

He is great, him and his workers are great.

Description of Work
He built a vinyl fence.

Category decks, fencing

05/23/2015

Ken M.

I'm not sure why this company gets such high marks with Angies's list and its starting to make me question their screening process. He seemed like a nice enough and sincere guy even though it took several messages before he initially called me back. We agreed on a price, set the date and he gave me a signed proposal. We meet on Monday and he was supposed to start that next Saturday. Well Saturday came and no Billy. I called him up to find out what happened. He said he was unable to get one his workers to come to work that day and that he couldn't make it. I asked when he might be able to get to me and he said he would definitely be there on Sunday. He seemed a bit annoyed that I would be calling him. I felt it was reasonable given that he had told me he would be there and I didn't hear anything to the contrary from him. They never did show up Sunday and it's now a week later with not a word from Billy. I called another company Monday and got another estimate. I didn't bother calling Billy back because I don't feel its my obligation to have to track him down. I can understand that things happen and you can't always do what you promised. But to not communicate that to your customer is not the way to do business. I therefore give Armor fence an F for Failure to communicate, Failure to execute, and Failure to respect me as a customer.

Description of Work
I met with Billy to get an estimate on a fence for my back yard. He quoted me a reasonable price and said he would get started that weekend. I agreed and thought everything was set.

05/05/2015

Leslie H.

We chose Billy because not only was his price VERY reasonable (we had 3 different vendors quote), but he was very easy to talk to. He is very much a small business and requires payment for supplies directly to supply vendor (paid Visa) and labor paid cash or check to him at time of service completion. We had no problem setting up a initial quote meeting and he was pretty accommodating to our busy schedule. However, since he is a very small business I think him and maybe 3 other guys he could be a bit difficult to get a hold of on follow up information/details since he is clearly out working hard and doesn't have any to answer the phone. It was a little frustrating trying to figure out when the fence was actually going to get installed due to his current jobs, the fence pieces ordered/arriving and bad weather when we didn't always hear back from him without a few messages. Once we got talking and found good weather everything was great. He uses quality materials, very friendly and courteous, cleans up after themselves, work hard and fast. We were very impressed with their work and would certainly hirer them again if needed in the future. I believe pictures of our 2 beam farm style fence that corners off our large front yard is now on his website.

Description of Work
Cornered off our large front yard with a "L" 2 beam farm style vinyl fence.

04/27/2015

Teresa R.

Billy and his team were friendly and courteous, to us the owners and to our tenants. Billy was prompt with appointments and work schedule. Their work was excellent, took pains to make everything perfect. They left the job site clean and neat. I would highly recommend them to my family, friends and business associates.

Description of Work
Custom built a wood privacy fence around the back yard, including a drive through gate. They also took care of the removal overgrown bushes and debris on back of our rental property.

04/19/2015

Bruce H.

Billy Winsor and coworker Harry were pleasant, helpful, and remarkably hardworking. They did a wonderful job showing real skills and commitment to meeting our needs.

Description of Work
Consulted on our fencing needs and designed and constructed the perfect solution.

02/16/2015

Linda B.

His name is Billy Windsor I think. He's the owner. The price is very good. He uses a commercial grade of vinyl, not the stuff that you find at Home Depot or Lowe's. Its really thick. Its got a lifetime warranty on it and his price was excellent because I had already checked other prices. They came, they worked and they worked hard. They cleaned up everything too. He did some extra things for me. They were really friendly. He did an excellent job.

Description of Work
It was for $500 or $600 for 202 feet of commercial fencing, of which I had three gates and each gate cost $300. Hardware and everything too.

12/28/2014

Donald C.

They did an excellent job and I get compliments on the quality all the time. The job was completed as expected and on time. Be aware that they will request that the customer purchase the materials (they will order and pick it up) and subtract the cost from the bid price. I think they do this due to cash flow issues. It would be easier for the customer if they just asked for 50% down. Even with this situation, I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced my fence after a car drove through it.

12/09/2014

Joshua F.

If you want high quality work done at a fair cost then choose Armor Fence & Deck owned by William (Billy) Winsor! For the past year, I have received estimates and met with 8 different fencing companies in the Hampton Roads area before making my decision. Billy and his crew were that hardest workers I have ever met. They took their time to build a beautiful, large cedar fence on my property. Billy listened to all my concerns, ideas, and built my fence according to the permit restrictions I presented to him for my area. They were respectful of me and my property. Billy even went so far as to make sure I was comfortable with the volume of their music. They also cleaned up after each day of work. For my job, I had an enormous tree root that they had to literally build the fence over. This required extra skill and time and no extra cost. The price he gave is the price I payed even though the job's special requirements expanded the timeframe somewhat. Billy and his crew are honest, extremely hard working, and were a pleasure to work with. I will definitely hire Armor Fence & Deck in the future and have already told my neighbors and friends about them!

Description of Work
Cedar fence

Category fencing, tree service

11/29/2014

Alicia E.

I just purchased a new property in Portsmouth. It needed a new fence to shield the backyard from the street. Billy was there for me the very next day. this is the third time I've called him to put up a fence on one of my properties. He is fast, cheerful, and always does a great job. He also replaced the damaged steps and railings on the back porch and replaced the front porch railings. I will be calling him again the next time I have fencing or deck building needs.

Description of Work
Billy built a fence, repaired a deck, and replaced the hand rails on the front porch.

Category decks, fencing

10/07/2014

Ed L.

Received return call from Billy stating he would call Thurs Night to schedule appt for Friday to perform estimate on extending our existing fence- he never called nor came by. I left 3 msgs last week without any return calls- now going on 3wks.......

Description of Work
Nothing.....

09/22/2014

Frank C.

It went as Billy and I discussed and planned. He showed up on a Friday afternoon, him and his assistant, they installed all new post after tearing down the old fence. The next morning, Saturday, he called about 8:30 ready to pick up the materials and got started. Billy and Joe got straight to work roughly around 9am and were finished around 3:30-ish that afternoon. The entire fence was complete, gate and all. All new post and pickets along with the gate. The only thing that was asked for was an electrical outlet to power a few pieces of equipment. I was very impressed and am still extremely happy about the product and quality of service received. Less than a week of notcie and they were on the job and didn't stop until complete.

Description of Work
Ripped out an old existing fence for my backyard and replaced with all new post and pickets