Anderson Flooring Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2007

100 Pennsylvania Ave.

Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Due to manufactures warranty, we only install and repair flooring purchased through our company. Whether you need us to make old and neglected hardwood floors new again or need new hardwood floors installed for the first time we’re here to help. Stairs and handrails or laminates and tiles. We

05/20/2021

Aletha F.

It was very good. They were professional.

Description of Work
He put hardwood flooring.

09/28/2020

Susan M.

Andersons could not do the work but sugested Cecilia's home repair. The job is almost complete. none of the Angies list suggested hires wanted to do the work. Tile work was good and am waiting for Atlantic Glass to call me

Description of Work
tile repair glass replacement

Category contractors

We appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately as explained to you, we do not handle the type of grouting repairs that you requested therefore we provided the best company for your specific need and it sounds like they were able to complete your work request.

09/23/2020

Gail B.

Sales and service \was very professional and provided good advice for making choices. Work crew was efficient and also very professional. Will hire again for carpet upstairs.

Description of Work
Vinyl plank flooring

Category contractors, flooring contractor

12/18/2019

Anthony S.

I used Anderson a few years back to install my hardwood floors, and overall I was extremely happy with the finished product. I didn’t have any regrets, and I came away knowing that if I did have any issues with my floors in the future, they would be my first call. Fast forward two-plus years, and I did have what I considered to be a relatively minor issue. I had a small dishwasher leak in the kitchen over a period of 24 hours, and it warped or caused water damage to eight of the engineered hardwood planks. I called Ryan, the owner, and he sent someone out to look at my floors and give me an estimate. We walked through the process of removing and replacing the old boards, was assured it was simple, and I was provided with a very reasonable estimate. The company even tracked down the identical flooring, despite the fact that it had been discontinued. Once I agreed to the price and the work, things began to fall apart. It was impossible to get anyone on the phone to provide a deposit and schedule the work. I called almost daily and left messages. I sent multiple e-mails. The receptionist was consistent in her response regardless of how many times I called—“Ryan will get back to you within minutes.” He never did. After 10 days of phone calls and e-mails, I called one evening after closing hoping a voicemail message might be more effective. To my surprise someone picked up, apologized for the communication issue, took my deposit and scheduled the repair work to be done for the following Monday, as long as the wood arrived on time. I asked that they call a day or two prior to let me know one way or another about the arrival of the wood. I didn’t want to take a day off work if the repairs weren’t going to happen. They didn’t call. I called and left a message Saturday and texted on Sunday. No response. I rolled the dice, crossed my fingers and took the day off. That morning I did get a call from the man who would be performing the work. He was surprised that I didn’t already have the wood at my home but said he would track it down and arrive between 8:30 and 9 a.m. He called at 9 a.m. to let me know that he had just “found” the wood and would be arriving a few minutes late. He showed up two-plus hours later at 1115. The moment he walked in the door he began telling me he didn’t think he was comfortable making the repairs—wasn’t sure if he could do it. He hadn’t even looked at the floors yet. When he did, he said no he didn’t feel comfortable and called the owner. Ryan made excuses about the mix up—said the guy thought it was locking tongue and groove and not floating. He said the guy who came out to give me the estimate wasn’t available today and told me he’d get a hold of another guy who worked on the original install to see if he could come out and do it. I didn’t hear anything back … for three hours. I called Ryan back, and he immediately went back into excuse mode. Despite his lack of follow-up, he blamed everything and everyone but himself. He offered to reschedule the work “at my convenience,” but I had completely lost confidence in the company, its owner, its communication and its processes. I also couldn’t take another day of work. I went to Home Depot and purchased a couple of tools and spent the rest of the evening removing and replacing the old planks. I watched a few YouTube videos to make sure I felt comfortable making the repairs myself. It took me a couple of hours longer than I expected, but the work was pretty straight forward, and I saved myself some future frustration with Anderson. This is a company that does great work, but from my experience, just about every other facet of managing a company, particularly their customer service, is extremely poor. I can no longer in good conscience recommend this company. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Repair of damaged engineered hardwood planks.

11/07/2019

Jori B.

Everyone at Anderson Flooring was wonderful! We had a really difficult situation in which we had an ongoing roof leak for 7 months. The roofers we hired could not locate the leak and were scheduling out really far which made installing this tile even harder. Anderson Flooring worked with us through the whole thing and produced a beautiful final product. I could not be happier with the tile and the service we received!

Description of Work
Laying ceramic tile

Category ceramic tile

04/19/2019

Jeffrey M.

Anderson Flooring has expert craftsman employees. First the stair experts came and replaced the stairs. Perfect workmanship. Paper-thin tolerances. Next came the sanding and stain guys. Again, quality work. Next came the floor installer (Brian) and over four days he removed the carpet, prepared the floor, and installed about 800 sq ft of Lauzon red oak hardwood floor, plus trim, in three bedrooms, four closets, two stair landings, and a hallway. The workmanship is impressive. We're very satisfied with the results. Ryan Anderson also arranged to have a final coat of finish on the stairs on a Saturday so we could move in the following Monday.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet, rebuild stairs, install approx 800 sq ft hardwood floor and trim

12/19/2018

Missy W.

Great on call back However Price was Extremly TO HIGH COMPARED TO 3 others. Quote $2000.

Description of Work
Floors in Great shape wanted Light sand & dark stain changing color VERY SMALL HOUSE 3 room & hall.estimate over phone with room measurements.

07/02/2018

MARJORIE E.

It was very well done with only a day or two delay to finish the work. The workers were very professional, polite and kept me informed each day of what they were doing. Our floors look terrific!

Description of Work
Carpeting pulled and hardwood floor refinished.

11/07/2017

Ed M.

Very positive experience beginning with a visit to their showroom. Lots of choices and good information to inform our decision on which hardwood flooring to go with. Followed up with a home visit in which they brought several options. Worked well with us to find a date for installation that accommodated our work schedule. Installation crew (Robert) was very professional and courteous. Did a great job on the installation, cleaned as they went, and cleaned up at the end before replacing the furniture. Even carried the extra boxes of materiel upstairs to where we wanted it stored. Would hire this Company again.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood flooring in Living Room and Dining Room.

08/24/2017

Alan L.

Description of Work
...............................................................................................................

06/27/2017

Johnny T.

I have used Anderson Flooring twice. That was excellent. Their speed and their proficiency really stood out. That particular service they really came in and hit it hard. They were in and out.

Description of Work
They replaced all upstairs carpeting.

Category carpet installation

05/30/2017

Sandy M.

The end product is beautiful, and the process was very professionally explained and executed. Ryan and his crew care deeply about their customer"s satisfaction, and respond quickly to questions and concerns. Their craftsmen are perfectionists, from the carpenter, to the stainers, sanders, and finishers. I would recommend them highly, and would definitely use them again. And how refreshing that they actually arrived when scheduled for the duration of the project...something not always experienced in the contractor business.

Description of Work
Carpet removal on staircase, staircase deconstructed, then rebuilt with hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, woodworking

04/12/2017

Stephanie R.

They were prompt, polite and cleaned up the vast majority of the dust.

Description of Work
Anderson finished existing flooring in our home and did an excellent job. My only minor complaint was they didn't manage to get the stain close to the rest of the flooring in the house but it still looks great.

03/28/2017

maria e D.

In the beginning I was excited about my home project, but one issue after another made this project a nightmare for me and towards the end I began to lose my patience(which I have plenty of) and trust for this company. There were several issues encountered trying to match the existing wood stain. Brown oil stain was spilled on my light color carpet on the day they did not use a drop cloth.The lady painter did a very messy job of painting the stair risers, and on top of that she dropped her paint brush on the foyer and splattered white paint on my hardwood floor and on the newly stained stair steps. One of the guys cracked one of the door frames 8 inches in lenght when he removed the door from it's frame to allow installation of hardwood floor on the hallway. The company sent people to redo the painting job and repair the cracked door frame, but I was beginning to feel frustrated due to the many uncalled for issues and I couldn't help but wonder if they would ever get this project done right and without anymore mishaps. It took them 6 weeks to finish this project from the time I signed the contract, there were some days when no one showed up for work without prior notice.These were just some of the issues.To be fair, i would like to say that the guys who did the bathroom tiles and the carpenters who rebuilt the stairs were great,and were professionals .Duane was helpful. I have plenty of pictures,unfortunately I cannot download them here. This is in response to Anderson Flooring's comments which I happened to have read just now. I am surprised to say the least, at Anderson Flooring's response to my prior review. Not only did you give me poor service, now you are making up stories. First off, you did not remove the stain/paint spill like you said. My husband and I cleaned and scrubbed the mess up both times without your assistance. You left an oil stain on my carpet and you left for the day without bothering to tell me about it, I discovered it myself. So I scrubbed that mess up after you left, before it got saturated further into the carpet. I was told somebody will come to take care of the paint splash on the hardwood in the foyer but that didn't happen. My door casing was perfect before you damaged it. None of your workers called my attention to the damage they/he caused, again I discovered it myself. You claimed you replaced the door casing with no charge, NO YOU DID NOT, as I still have the original. You glued it together. I wouldn't want it replaced, and it's worth mentioning I did not charge you for the damage. The first time you applied the stain you did not follow proper protocol because you brought in ONE ( and only one) shade of stain, you applied the stain and it was the wrong stain. You had to re sand the stairs the second time, the stain looked so awful that I agreed to pay you an additional $500 charge. Your third application came out very badly, the stain was not uniformly applied. The top steps looked dark, the bottom steps looked much lighter with the stain almost non existent. I'm sure nobody would want their stairs looking like that and the shade was still off. I did not expect you as professionals to have such difficulty finding a stain that will complement, (didn't have to necessarily exact match) the existing stain in the room. I believe that was a valid request for my money. It was only after the last mishap that you gave me 4 or 5 samples of shades which were actually stained on the hardwood to choose from and I thank Marcel for that. I only wished that this project didn't have to be so stressful,it didn't have to be.

Description of Work
Installation of hardwood floor on second floor hallway. Rebuild stairs, replace carpeted stairs with hardwood,replace wooden rails with wrought iron. Install tiles in the bathroom floor.

Category ceramic tile, hardwood floor, woodworking, interior painters

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] Our apologies again for spilling the paint and the stain. I'm glad we were able to remove all of the paint/stain spill. It has been almost a year and a half since we were working in your home so you may have forgotten that the piece of door casing that you mentioned had been broken and then re attached with small nails and putty some time before we started work. It fell off very easily when we were working next to it. Greg and Marcel and Duane all pointed out to you the small nails and the old and cracked putty that was used to repair it sometime earlier. I think it's worth mentioning also that we did replaced the entire door casing for you at no charge. Of course the job did take a full 6 weeks as we sanded, stained and refinished the stairs for you - 3 times. After we laid out the large stain samples for you to choose from we went to work sanding and applying the stain you selected and applying the 4 coats of the no slip polyurethane. After it was all finished you told us you just didn't like the color you selected at all. I know you were having a hard time deciding which of the 2 different colored hardwood floors in your home you wanted to make the stairs match, or if you wanted to match the stairs to the wall trim that was a 3rd color. We went ahead and re sanded and re stained and re finished the stairs for you a 2nd time at no charge because we wanted you to be happy with the completed project. On the 2nd go around we did ask you to please be sure about your stain selection this time as it's expensive for us to do it again and of course it takes a full week to complete each time. When you didn't like the stain color again after we re did the stairs a 2nd time, using the stain that you selected a 2nd time. You agreed to pay for the costs of us doing the stairs a 3rd time but you made it very clear that you were not happy about paying for the 3rd time. I'm sure that is what you are mostly upset about but we did let you change your mind one time at our expense. We do all we can to ensure our customers are satisfied with each, individual job that we do.

02/07/2017

bernard A.

If I had known, but they subcontract the work out. If you go to the store, they don't use their own people. That's the only thing I didn't like about it. They subcontract it out. It was alright but very dusty. I give the gentleman that did the work an A.

Description of Work
They took out and installed tile flooring, I have about 500 sq feet of flooring in the kitchen. They took out the old sub floor and replaced it and new tile on top of that. That was because the old tile was stuck to it.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

01/23/2017

Johnny T.

I had a problem. They weren't able to get all of their parts on time. It took over a month for the install. I don't think it's their fault. I would give them straight A's. I thought the quality work was excellent.

Description of Work
They did an install on my house.

Category flooring contractor

01/23/2017

Anthony S.

I shopped around for about a month and took estimates from the big box stores and a handful of local flooring companies. Anderson’s estimate was competitive, but it was also the highest one I received. In the end, I chose this local company because of previous reviews, the scope of Ryan and Dwayne’s flooring knowledge, and frankly, the product they offered was just a bit better than the others and was more in line with the style we wanted. I have very few gripes before I get to the good stuff. I had minor issues with Anderson’s processes that could have helped with overall time management of the project. There were probably a few things that could have been done concurrently, and in the beginning it was frustrating to see the crew leaving after three or four hours when more could have been accomplished. In fairness, by the end, they were only one day over estimate. I had a few communication issues at the end. A good-intentioned crew showed up unannounced on a Saturday to try to catch up. Unfortunately, I missed them and couldn’t accommodate. I come home one day to find my only downstairs toilet wasn’t reinstalled yet, but I was staring at a sign that told me not to walk on the steps to the upstairs bathrooms for another 2 ½ hours. Despite it being a line item on my invoice, the team didn’t realize they were going to paint the new risers on the stairs. I had a painter scheduled for the day after the Anderson team was supposed to finish. Because of the delay, it made it difficult to get them back in to make the last-minute tweaks required to finish the job, and I ended up just having the painter complete the risers; Anderson did compensate me for using my own painters. The good. The crew was very professional and polite. While I was home, they answered all my questions. Both Ryan and Dwayne put up with a lot of questions throughout the process and never failed to return a phone call. No matter how frustrated I became, they always remained calm and professional. Finally, I had extremely high expectations for the floors to begin with, and they were greatly exceeded. Wow! I can’t say enough about the quality of the product and the craftsmanship involved in the installation. I can’t imagine getting the same level of satisfaction from any other company. I expect these floors to last a lifetime, and if they don’t, I will quickly call Ryan, Dwayne and the team from Anderson flooring for a solution I know they’ll be able to deliver. I highly encourage you to do your research, get your estimates and find the flooring that’s right for you, but you’ll be doing yourself a disservice if Anderson Flooring is not at least a part of your flooring conversation.

Description of Work
Anderson removed old flooring and installed about 975 square feet of engineered hardwood (floating) and matching quarter-round in my foyer, living room, kitchen, dining room, den and bathroom; and installed and stained new stair treads and risers. Unexpectedly, they also replaced about 320 square feet of sub-floors that had prior moisture damage.

12/08/2016

Lesia M.

I was very pleased with them. The gentleman that actually came out to measure and write up the contract and showed us the carpeting itself is actually the owner and he was fantastic. The gentleman that came out as the installer his assistant was actually had cut his hand and was injured so he couldn't help on that day. He installed my entire living room and hallway by himself and he was amazing to watch. He did everything so quickly and so perfectly, it was amazing to watch somebody that knows what they're doing you know he made it look easy. The carpet that we actually have has lines to it and I don't think it could be any more straight in my house.

Description of Work
I used Anderson Flooring Inc for carpeting services. They put in new carpeting in my living room and hallway, padding and carpeting.

Category carpet installation

08/09/2016

Rebecca L.

Steve and his team were great. His team worked consistently only taking an hour for lunch (no smoke breaks or personal calls) and even worked late to ensure they didn't leave anything a mess. No changes or adjustents were made without my approval. Steve was very knowledgeable and patient. He addressed all my concerns and only moved forward with the project when I was ready.

Description of Work
Flooring installed in kitchen and living room

Category flooring contractor

07/20/2016

Marlene H.

Their service was good. The price was comparable to anybody else I had looked at. I did have some issues with follow-up that I wasn't happy with. They were punctual.

Description of Work
I have used them. I've had hardwood floors put in.

05/05/2016

Tena C.

Anderson Flooring is a great company to work with. From the very start, they are extremely informative on flooring choices letting you know, as the consumer, the pros and cons for each type of flooring. This information was always relayed in an attempt to educate and not be pushy for a sale. I did my homework checking out other companies and was convinced to hire Anderson Flooring. Ryan, Duane, Brad, Matt, Jesse, Tom and Brian were all professional the entire time they were here and took pride in their part of the job. Thank you Anderson Flooring for upholding a high standard of excellence that is hard to find.

Description of Work
Removed existing damaged laminate and installed hardwood floors and ceramic tile.

Category ceramic tile, hardwood floor

02/22/2016

Brenda B.

Anderson Flooring was an excellent choice for my project. After a failed attempt with Lowe's and their subcontracted installers (who decided my job was too difficult for them after looking at my subfloor), I called Anderson Flooring to get a consultation. I should have gone to them in the first place; it would have saved me both time and money. When I called Anderson initially, I had a discussion directly with the owner, Ryan, and had an estimate done the next day with a full inspection of my situation. The person who came out, Duane, was incredibly knowledgeable and did a very thorough job running me through what they would do to help me out. They said they could help me out, no problem, and could get the install done the same week. The installers, Brad and Jesse, were incredibly professional, and took their time to fix all the little uneven subfloor issues we had. They also worked through the weekend to get my floor project done and allowed me to get my house back after many delays and frustrations with Lowe's. The finished product is amazing and Brad and Jesse did a masterful job. Their attention to detail and precision was outstanding. I would recommend Anderson Flooring to anyone. I definitely learned my lesson this time to invest my money in businesses, like Anderson Flooring, with a vested interest in the community, rather than the behemoth Lowe's bureaucracy. Thank you so much to Ryan, Duane, Brad and Jesse for helping me out and doing such a great job. Very impressive work and great value. I'm so glad I found them and gave them a call.

Description of Work
Sub-floor prep and full install of bamboo hardwood floors

Category contractors, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

11/01/2015

Cortez J.

Went great, a true professional

Description of Work
Install hardwood flooring in my dining, family, and formal living room. Also installed ceramic tile in my kitchen and sunroom. Ceramic tile purchased by me.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

05/12/2015

Susan G.

This was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Everyone was very professional, and all contacts went smoothly. If I called or emailed, my calls and emails were always returned the same day. The installation was quick, smooth, and very well done. We have an older home which presented some challenges, and I was very impressed with how much thought was put into solving the problems they ran into. I'd like to definitely commend the tile installer Joe for all his hard work with minimizing the transitions from the hardwood to the tile and all the problems that went along with that. He also went above and beyond the call of duty by chasing my cat down the street when he escaped while we were trying to figure out an issue with the front door, and for that I am very grateful! We will eventually be replacing all the flooring in our house, and we will not hesitate to use Anderson Flooring for all our flooring needs.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood floor in living room with tile entry

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

04/06/2015

Amanda M.

We were so impressed with the results of our floors. They look absolutely stunning! I never imagined that refinishing the floors could look as good as they do. We only got a section of our house done this time but will use Anderson Floors again when we get the rest of the house done. My biggest concern was the dust that the sanding would create. They did an excellent job covering the openings to the other sections of the house to avoid the dust spreading throughout the house. There was minimal dust in the area that we had refinishing. We will be using them again in the future!

Description of Work
Sanded and applied polyurethane to our hickory hardwood floors

ASAP CONSTRUCTION LLC

It is always better to contact us through email instead of this app, repair@asapconstruction.net ASAP Construction, LLC is a Virginia Class “A” Contractor with experience in the complete services of repair and installation for your home in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth, and Norfolk VA. Family owned and operated since 1991, we are proud to be your Home Repair Specialists! Our specialties include: Masonry, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical. For over two decades most of our business has come from word of mouth and referrals and the US Local Business Association has awarded us the Best of Chesapeake 2008 – Present in Repair and Installation Services. We are also listed as one of Angie’s List highest Rated Contractors. ASAP Construction, LLC is a company you can trust to supply experience, professionalism and quality home repair and installation services. Let us be your personal technician. When calling, press Option 1 for Jack if you need Plumbing, Electrical or General Home Installation/Repair work and press Option 2 for Chris if you need Carpentry, Rotten Wood, Termite Damage, Roof Repair, Drywall or Masonry. We answer our own calls to provide you the most comprehensive call experience so if we miss your call please leave a message and we will get back to you. If we cannot personally do the work ourselves 90% of the time we know somebody that will help you. If for some reason we are slow to reply to your message - please forgive us! As we are answering our own calls, occasionally, they can slip through the cracks. Just send us an email or call us again - we are happy to work with you!

Offers by ASAP CONSTRUCTION LLC on Angi
    JES Foundation Repair

JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They currently maintain offices in Appomattox, Baltimore, Chester, Manassas, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. JES is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes and commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by JES Foundation Repair on Angi
    Webley's Cleaning Services

Webleys Cleaning Services is owner operated and focused on Quality Work and customer satisfaction. We know what we're doing! Don't hesitate to reach out for a quote today

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Sales & installation of Solid hardwood, Laminate, bamboo, cork, ceramic, porcelain tile, amtico & VCT, Stairs and railing, Sanding & refinishing of Hard wood floors with complete dust containment, Trim and molding, Complete bathroom and kitchen remodeling. Hardwood stairs, stair remodeling, stair refinishing

NA