Accel Pest & Termite Control

Founded 2010 • With Angi since December 2010

All of our technicians are certified applicators, meaning we have more experience and knowledge than most of our competitors. We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards, as well as offer financing options on our services. We offer 10% off initial pest or termite service to Angie's List

pest control (442)basement waterproofing (13)insulation (10)animal removal (4)

02/02/2021

Barbara H.

It was excellent and they were very professional.

Description of Work
They did pest control service to my house.

Work Completed On 02/02/2018

Thank you for the feedback!

12/17/2020

Kami P.

The inspector, Sharon, was able to come out the very next day! She was prompt, professional, thorough, knowledgeable, and very friendly! Our treatment was scheduled quickly!

Description of Work
Termite inspection and scheduled Termite treatment

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Thank you for the feedback!

06/15/2020

Brenna S.

In a nutshell, the appointment time and techcinician were changed without notifying me. At a different te on the day of my scheduled appointment, someone from accel showed up at my door. I was confused since it's not the right te, so I told him we had an appointment for a different time and I was set to leave the house soon. When the technician was asked what happened, he said he just follows what's on his schedule. I called Accel to verify that this person at my house was indeed with the company since it's a different time and person than I was told. When I called the office and asked the admin what happened, she verified that the man at my home was with Accel and said he had the time available. There was no apology or clarification to say they tried to reach us but couldn't. What I don't understand is why no one from Accel bothered to call me to ask if it was okay to change the time. I had another appointment set for that time, so it was not okay. The technician was able to complete the job in a timely manner so I was not very late to my appointment. But I am disappointed with the lack of communication.

Description of Work
Wood Treatment for fungi

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

I apologize for the errors and this is not acceptable from my staff. I will review your account and get in contact with you. Thank you for the feedback so we can correct.

11/28/2019

Brenda W.

Very well done came on time i will continue to use them in the future

Description of Work
Termites treatment for crawl spa

Category pest control, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/30/2019

It appears you were satisfied can you contact our office to see how we can improve our grade from a C to an A?

09/30/2019

BETH W.

We have been using Accel for termite and other pest control for several years and are very happy with their services. Their technician Mike R. is like a part of our family - he knows how to deal with our dog, is super friendly, always on time, and very professional. We couldn't be happier with Accel Pest.

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

04/27/2019

Kathleen M.

Accel representatives were punctual and professional. I was very happy with my experience with them and have signed up to have regular treatments.

Description of Work
pest control

Work Completed On 04/27/2019

04/02/2019

wayne M.

Terrible communication. Last week I called this company to have them set up a time to stop by and get rid of my rat problem. Well they just showed up unannounced and to the best of my knowledge did NOT treat my house for this problem. To add insult to injury, they parked in my driveway while I was coming home so I had to tell them to park on the street. I will be looking for a new pest company soon. Update............................................................................................................... The co owner called me and tried to get me change my review so I told him that I will reconsider my review if the facts support doing so. Several hours went by and before I had the chance to write my reconsideration review, the owner attacked my company, Affordable Mobile TV Repair, by posting a bogus fake review to my company. We are a small business that takes pride in providing excellent customer service experience to our customers, so when I saw the one star review, I checked to see who gave us a 1 star, as well as making a personal attack(see attached screenshot of the owner, Shon Vodila's bogus review he posted until I shamed him to take it down. To my surprise, it came from not a legitimate customer, but from the co owner of my current pest company, the same company that I had just left a negative review! Can you believe that??? So.....I next contacted Mr. Alan Nixon, a great guy who works for Accel and signed me up over year ago. Alan asked me to show him the evidence that his boss was doing what I was claiming he did. We both proceeded to go online to attempt to view the owners fraudulent review. It was gone!!!!!! UPDATE........ In good faith, I again contacted this company this week to set up an appointment in accordance with our signed, agreed to contract. I was told that I would need to speak with the owner, because in the notes, it states that I am no longer a customer! So I left a message with the receptionist asking the owner to contact me so that we can work out any differences of opinion on this issue. She said that she would relay the message to the owner to call me, and that I should expect a call within the next day or so. We''ll see! I will keep you all posted with an update as necessary......

Description of Work
Pest control

Category pest control, animal removal

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

Review for Accel Pest & Termite Control - 1236 Jensen Dr, Virginia Beach, VA - 37796668

I understand that you are disappointed that our service did not meet your standards. Our software timestamps an account when a call comes into the office and we have no record of your phone call, and we are sorry for the error. We are always willing to make it right to the customer. I just don't understand the poor reviews on multiple sights. We are just small business like yourself trying to provide for our families and our staff's families. If we are unable to satisfy you we would give you a refund and stop service. We are always willing to speak with you and make parting ways amicable. We never claim to be perfect but we strive to put the best product out there in our industry. Thank you, Your Staff at Accel Pest Control

11/19/2018

Janice H.

Technician was friendly and professional

Description of Work
Annual treatment for spiders and waterbugs

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

09/30/2018

Tonya H.

All the bees are gone, Accel did a professional and speedy job. Very happy customer!

Description of Work
We hired ACCEL to get rid of a bees nest

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

Thank you for the feedback. We will be sure to recognize Josh at our next service meeting.

08/13/2018

Joyce S.

Person I spoke to would not discuss anything until they had an account started. I was looking for info for a relative who was having issues with wasps. The attitude at Accel Pest was one of smugness. I would never give them my business.

Description of Work
Removal of wasp nest

Work Completed On 08/12/2018

I apologize for your experience. If you were able to let us know who you spoke with or what time of the day it was. I could look into this individual. You may have spoken to our office staff, but we also have a phone service that answers calls when we are not available. I can assure you that is not a typical experience and would like to help you out. If it's not too much trouble please Respond and let me know what we can do.

08/07/2018

LUCY T.

Excellent. Everyone at Accel is professional and courteous. Their work is quality and comparably priced.

Description of Work
Termite and moisture treatment

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

07/23/2018

Heather P.

Quick and easy. Pete took the time to explain the process and their services to me before beginning his work. He was very polite and quickly sent me emails with information I requested for their pest control services.

Description of Work
termite inspection

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

05/16/2018

Isabel N.

Although mice were not found, they left traps for the mice in case there were any and came to repair a screen on the crawl space. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Came to look for mice in the house

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

Thank you for the review!

05/01/2018

dennis S.

Found cast off termite wings on a window sill. Called Accel. They came out the next day. Treatment was completed in about 2 hours. NO MORE TERMITES.

Description of Work
Termite protection

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Thank you so much for the review!

04/30/2018

gail M.

professional service. showed on time.

Description of Work
pest control

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

Thank you for the review!

03/20/2018

Jason C.

They did a great job. Noticed immediate and sustained improvement

Description of Work
Spraying for Ants

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

Thank you so much for this awesome review! If we can do anything to better your experience with our company, just let us know!

03/19/2018

Lula S.

They were excellent. They were very personable, helpful and educational. Once they started treating my home, the issues stopped. I am continuing to use them and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I have been using them for pest control issues involving ants and water bugs.

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

Thank you so much for your review! If we can do anything to better your experience just let us know!

02/23/2018

Alissia L.

They are timely. They spray all areas needed, even paying special attention to difficult areas in our yard and clearing all spider webs from our porches.

Description of Work
Regular pest control and maintenance.

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

Thank you for the review. We will recognize your technician (Tim) at our next service meeting.

12/06/2017

Colleen V.

When it is time for our treatment I receive an email with the information if I am not home they spray the perimeter of our home and we are able to call back and schedule at any time for a return visit to treat the inside of our home. The company has not missed a time and are very reasonably priced. The service technician is always kind and efficient I intend on using the company for many years.

Description of Work
Accel pet control comes to our home quarterly for pest control treatment inside the house and outsied the house.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

Thank you so much for this awesome review! So glad to hear you're happy with your service.

11/25/2017

James G.

great, everything was done as discussed without my presence needed.

Description of Work
Termite inspection and treatment

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our service.

11/13/2017

pandora F.

Very well. Haven't seen any critters for a while now. They assured me they would come right back out if any surfaced.

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

Thank you for the feedback, we are glad that nothing has come back, always feel free to call us back out if something does before your next regular service.

10/10/2017

Mr Ellis S.

The serviceman, Drew, was highly knowledgeable and thorough in his job, and very polite. Noting that rain from Hurricane Nate was in our forecast, he has deferred the exterior barrier treatment until next week to ensure the treatment isn't washed away before it can take effect.

Description of Work
Took advantage of a 1-year pest control program on Angie's List by Accel Pest Control. We signed up for a total of 5 applications: an initial pest treatment and barrier program, followed by quarterly applications to keep pests away.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017