A Tandom Services Company

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2009

4.4

A Tandom Services Company is a full service, Construction Company engaged in residential and light commercial remodeling, renovations, additions and handyman services. We pay close attention to the details during every phase of construction and strive to produce high quality results according to a mutually agreeable production schedule. To accomplish this we coordinate, monitor and control all aspects of the project. We generate progress reports on a periodic basis and present them at draw request meetings. As the project progresses, we keep our customers abreast of all developments, notify them of any possible impacts to the project timeline. We also participate fully in the selection and approval of all installed products....

Window World of Tidewater

Window World of Tidewater is one of the largest home improvement resources in the region. With a wide array of products including vinyl replacement windows, vinyl siding, replacement doors, gutters, and shutters. With various colors and styles, we provide countless combinations of exterior solutions. Our products are designed to increase the performance of your home, bringing energy efficiency and functionality to new heights.

Mr. Rogers Windows

Mr. Rogers Windows featuring Renewal by Andersen is proud to serve the window replacement and patio door replacement needs of the Virginia Beach metro area. We are the window replacement division of Andersen Windows, drawing on the Andersen tradition of over 110 years of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. Our turnkey process begins with a call from you and includes a respectful in-home sales consultation, custom-manufacturing of replacement windows to precisely fit your home and installation by a dedicated team of professionals. Best of all, we stand behind our products and installation with one of the strongest warranties in the window replacement business. Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5pm Sat: 10am - 2pm

04/13/2015

The contractor finally gave me a call. We bought the material that morning and were able to complete the job in four hours.

Description of Work
They installed new fencing on the side of my house.

Category garage builders

10/13/2014

Doors were replaced but job was not finished. Front door handle does not latch, only shuts completely with dead bolt. They were unable to to find a replacement lock for my storm door and never finished the interior or exterior painting or insulation. I was told they would be back to finish the job upon receipt of the replacement lock and because it was a special order it could be up to three weeks...

Description of Work
Contract was to replace the front and rear entrance doors.

Category handyman service,doors

06/23/2014

Description of Work
Offered a roof warranty in order to extend the life of an existing roof. This included patching any leaks, resealing flashing, sealing pipe collars, and a guarantee the roof would not leak. | |I was able to get an additional 2 years out of my roof before replacing it. All my leaks were fixed and did not have to worry about water coming in during storms. I was pleased with the services provided.

08/30/2011

We held back from starting any project. The gentleman who worked for the company, he responded quickly. He came out accessed the job and returned with his colleague who does some of the work. They were very thorough with their estimate. They were very good. I can't say more about them because I didn't utilize their service.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from A Tandom Services Company about a year ago.

06/14/2011

We had posted a previous story regarding A Tandom and have withdrawn those mostly negative comments. We used James Hamilton twice for remodeling projects. The first experience was wonderful - he turned a deck into a four-season room, and was very professional. Very responsive, and great work. completed the project on time, despite our couple of change orders (added sky lights and some other minor ...

Description of Work
We hired A Tandom Services to convert an existing deck into a four-season room with vaulted ceiling, two sky-lights, two doors, and a wall of windows. The second time we hired him to build a custom Cherry cabinet with 4 framed glass doors, granite countertop, wine racks and glass racks.

Category drywall,handyman service,remodeling

02/22/2010

Cant say enough good things about Jamie and his workers. They were in my home for a week making sure every part of the job was done right and complete to my standards. Everything was finished cleanly in a timely and professional manner for a fair price. They went above and beyond when needed and I will be calling them back for my future home repair needs. A+++ all the way.

Description of Work
I had 22 old windows, stops, sills and brick molds removed and replaced with new ones. This included the custom remodling of 3 window frames to add a 8ft wide single pane window. Also had a wooden water damaged celing removed and replaced in my sun porch.

Category handyman service","room remodeling","window installer

02/22/2010

The work was completed for a fair price, perfectly and in a timely manner. The guys that work for A Tandom Services were all very easy to get along with and mindful of my home.

Description of Work
I had several holes in the drywall in my ceiling from water damage repaired as well as some in the walls.

Category drywall contractor

01/07/2010

Tandom services showed up when they said they would show up every time. They were also courteous and polite. Workers gave me options as to how I wanted to proceed and asked me prior to performing any work. The workers also took before and after pictures of the work performed so that I could witness the difference (this was especially helpful for roof work). They cleaned up after they left and made the house look much better.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles, sealed ducts and holes, patched roof. Removed old and damaged ceiling and insulation from inside the house. Replaced ceiling drywall, popcorned ceiling, painted ceiling, installed new insulation.

10/14/2009

Each job they did was so excellent that I kept them on for another job, and then another! The house was built in 1855 and is in a historic district so they were always extremely careful to follow city guidelines, etc. The finished work for the bedroom closet and the floor to ceiling bookshelves in the office are beautiful and designed to my specifications. They were very willing to work with me on design, material used in construction, and sought my input in all phases. They are extremely punctual in both showing up for work and returning phone calls and emails; keep meticulous cost records; always clean up after themselves at the end of each day, etc. I've never had such a good crew do fairly extensive renovations on a house. They are reasonable in their rates and will let you know up front their labor costs en toto (they don't add on 'unexpected costs'). Overall, they worked on various projects for over 3 months and I am extremely happy with the finished products. For the closet and the bookshelves, additional cabinetry was added and they worked closely with an expert cabinet maker to tie all the work together.

Description of Work
Extensive work in building and remodeling: bathroom totally gutted and made into exercise room; large bedroom closet built in; floor to ceiling bookshelves built (approximately 12 ft in height & 8 ft in length times two); gazebo/porch with semi-enclosed room in backyard to house hot tub. This porch is over 14 feet in height and 20 feet in length, with fully-framed in and shingled roof and windows to hot tub room of both acrylic and stained glass.

06/23/2014

Category handyman service

Handyman , emergency, hurricane board-ups-windows and doors-siding-decks-porches-portico's-lanais-commercial build-outs and repairs-painting-drywall-flooring-carpentry-caulking-ceiling -drop -counter top-dryer vents-plumbing leaks-garbage disposals-glass-light bulb replacements- fixtures.

Swimming Pools.