A Tandom Services Company

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2009

4.4

5120 Earlston Lane Ste 102

Virginia Beach, VA 23464

A Tandom Services Company is a full service, Construction Company engaged in residential and light commercial remodeling, renovations, additions and handyman services. We pay close attention to the details during every phase of construction and strive to produce high quality results according to a

04/13/2015

Roger S.

The contractor finally gave me a call. We bought the material that morning and were able to complete the job in four hours.

Description of Work
They installed new fencing on the side of my house.

Category garage builders

10/13/2014

Casandra T.

Doors were replaced but job was not finished. Front door handle does not latch, only shuts completely with dead bolt. They were unable to to find a replacement lock for my storm door and never finished the interior or exterior painting or insulation. I was told they would be back to finish the job upon receipt of the replacement lock and because it was a special order it could be up to three weeks to receive. I never heard back from them after that. All contact attempts were unanswered. During the whole project they were 1-3 hours later than their projected time every single day they were to be working at my home. Not only that but there were constant trips to the hardware store mid-work.

Description of Work
Contract was to replace the front and rear entrance doors.

Category handyman service, doors

06/23/2014

Justin C.

Description of Work
Offered a roof warranty in order to extend the life of an existing roof. This included patching any leaks, resealing flashing, sealing pipe collars, and a guarantee the roof would not leak. | |I was able to get an additional 2 years out of my roof before replacing it. All my leaks were fixed and did not have to worry about water coming in during storms. I was pleased with the services provided.

08/30/2011

Brooks G.

We held back from starting any project. The gentleman who worked for the company, he responded quickly. He came out accessed the job and returned with his colleague who does some of the work. They were very thorough with their estimate. They were very good. I can't say more about them because I didn't utilize their service.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from A Tandom Services Company about a year ago.

06/14/2011

Barbara D.

We had posted a previous story regarding A Tandom and have withdrawn those mostly negative comments. We used James Hamilton twice for remodeling projects. The first experience was wonderful - he turned a deck into a four-season room, and was very professional. Very responsive, and great work. completed the project on time, despite our couple of change orders (added sky lights and some other minor adjustments). The four season room is wonderful. The second experience was to use his services again to build a custom cabinet in the new room. The cabinetry work is very, very good. After a difference of opinion regarding the finishing of the cabinets, we ended up staining and finishing the cabinet, which was fine as we are very particular about such things. Both projects attest to the skill and ability of A Tandom Services. The owner,James Hamilton is a nice, honest and professional man, who does his best to accommodate the customer.

Description of Work
We hired A Tandom Services to convert an existing deck into a four-season room with vaulted ceiling, two sky-lights, two doors, and a wall of windows. The second time we hired him to build a custom Cherry cabinet with 4 framed glass doors, granite countertop, wine racks and glass racks.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

03/26/2011

Vanessa O.

We worked on what we could during the time off. So some money was saved. A professional is still needed to complete the big jobs.

Description of Work
I submitted a request on night of 17 March via Angie's List identifying the projects (ranging from replacing tile in bathroom shower to concrete work in the backyard). I identified that I wanted to begin the work on the week of 21 March as I was scheduled leave. Admittedly, it was short notice, but no one contacted me nor acknowledged the message as of this writing (26 March). I actually started looking for a contractor on 10 March. The other company I initially contacted was nice enough to tell me that they were not able to work in the timeframe I requested.

02/22/2010

Michael C.

The work was completed for a fair price, perfectly and in a timely manner. The guys that work for A Tandom Services were all very easy to get along with and mindful of my home.

Description of Work
I had several holes in the drywall in my ceiling from water damage repaired as well as some in the walls.

Category drywall

02/22/2010

Michael C.

Cant say enough good things about Jamie and his workers. They were in my home for a week making sure every part of the job was done right and complete to my standards. Everything was finished cleanly in a timely and professional manner for a fair price. They went above and beyond when needed and I will be calling them back for my future home repair needs. A+++ all the way.

Description of Work
I had 22 old windows, stops, sills and brick molds removed and replaced with new ones. This included the custom remodling of 3 window frames to add a 8ft wide single pane window. Also had a wooden water damaged celing removed and replaced in my sun porch.

Category handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows

01/07/2010

Marc M.

Tandom services showed up when they said they would show up every time. They were also courteous and polite. Workers gave me options as to how I wanted to proceed and asked me prior to performing any work. The workers also took before and after pictures of the work performed so that I could witness the difference (this was especially helpful for roof work). They cleaned up after they left and made the house look much better.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles, sealed ducts and holes, patched roof. Removed old and damaged ceiling and insulation from inside the house. Replaced ceiling drywall, popcorned ceiling, painted ceiling, installed new insulation.

10/14/2009

Janna S.

Each job they did was so excellent that I kept them on for another job, and then another! The house was built in 1855 and is in a historic district so they were always extremely careful to follow city guidelines, etc. The finished work for the bedroom closet and the floor to ceiling bookshelves in the office are beautiful and designed to my specifications. They were very willing to work with me on design, material used in construction, and sought my input in all phases. They are extremely punctual in both showing up for work and returning phone calls and emails; keep meticulous cost records; always clean up after themselves at the end of each day, etc. I've never had such a good crew do fairly extensive renovations on a house. They are reasonable in their rates and will let you know up front their labor costs en toto (they don't add on 'unexpected costs'). Overall, they worked on various projects for over 3 months and I am extremely happy with the finished products. For the closet and the bookshelves, additional cabinetry was added and they worked closely with an expert cabinet maker to tie all the work together.

Description of Work
Extensive work in building and remodeling: bathroom totally gutted and made into exercise room; large bedroom closet built in; floor to ceiling bookshelves built (approximately 12 ft in height & 8 ft in length times two); gazebo/porch with semi-enclosed room in backyard to house hot tub. This porch is over 14 feet in height and 20 feet in length, with fully-framed in and shingled roof and windows to hot tub room of both acrylic and stained glass.

Home Genius Exteriors

ASAP CONSTRUCTION LLC

It is always better to contact us through email instead of this app, repair@asapconstruction.net ASAP Construction, LLC is a Virginia Class “A” Contractor with experience in the complete services of repair and installation for your home in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth, and Norfolk VA. Family owned and operated since 1991, we are proud to be your Home Repair Specialists! Our specialties include: Masonry, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical. For over two decades most of our business has come from word of mouth and referrals and the US Local Business Association has awarded us the Best of Chesapeake 2008 – Present in Repair and Installation Services. We are also listed as one of Angie’s List highest Rated Contractors. ASAP Construction, LLC is a company you can trust to supply experience, professionalism and quality home repair and installation services. Let us be your personal technician. When calling, press Option 1 for Jack if you need Plumbing, Electrical or General Home Installation/Repair work and press Option 2 for Chris if you need Carpentry, Rotten Wood, Termite Damage, Roof Repair, Drywall or Masonry. We answer our own calls to provide you the most comprehensive call experience so if we miss your call please leave a message and we will get back to you. If we cannot personally do the work ourselves 90% of the time we know somebody that will help you. If for some reason we are slow to reply to your message - please forgive us! As we are answering our own calls, occasionally, they can slip through the cracks. Just send us an email or call us again - we are happy to work with you!

Offers Coupon

R&R Custom Painting

Here at R&R custom painting we specialize in exterior and interior painting. We take pride in the work we perform, while delivering great customer service! We have over 10 year of experience and are owner operated. Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Handyman , emergency, hurricane board-ups-windows and doors-siding-decks-porches-portico's-lanais-commercial build-outs and repairs-painting-drywall-flooring-carpentry-caulking-ceiling -drop -counter top-dryer vents-plumbing leaks-garbage disposals-glass-light bulb replacements- fixtures.

Swimming Pools.