A Plus Chimney & Roofing

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2011

413 S Witchduck Rd

Virginia Beach, VA 23462

A Plus Chimney Cleaners is a full service chimney cleaning, chimney inspection and chimney repair company. We take detailed before and after pictures of every service to assure our customer that we are providing the highest quality services. We are licensed, insured, and are certified to perform

08/22/2013

mike D.

I think that the reason that I went with them is because they got a good rating on Angie's List. The way that they treated me was fine. They were prompt and courteous. The only thing that remains for me to be completely satisfied with their work would be to see that the firebox is working good. The price was a bit of an issue. They charged $600 to replace two panels in the firebox and do a chimney sweep which was okay with me. They then said that the chimney sweep did not get all of the glaze or deposits in the flue but that was also understandable before it's been 15 years and we never had any sweeping done on it. So they have to come again and do what they call a whip action that loosen up the glaze in the flue followed by another chimney sweep and I had to pay $200 for that. They didn't get it all but they said that there's is very very little left and then it wouldn't be a fire hazard.

Description of Work
I used A Plus Chimney & Roofing for chimney service. They repaired the firebox.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

06/03/2013

Tom A.

The experience with A Plus Chimney & Roofing was good. They were helpful but we found someone cheaper.

Description of Work
We got a quote from A Plus Chimney & Roofing for cleaning the chimney.

05/12/2013

Laurie M.

fine

Description of Work
inspected chimney

02/22/2013

Sherryl C.

They were really good. They were on time and professional. They did leave some debris behind on the capret but it was no big deal.

Description of Work
They swept the chimney.

Category chimney sweep

I am very sorry about the debris. Keeping the work area clean is very important. I will be sure to address this with our cleaning crews. Thank you for your business and your feedback.

02/15/2013

Tom C.

I am extremely pleased with the work done. The technicians were exceptionally professional and kept me informed about what they were doing all through the process. They actually did more than expected in replacing the chimney cap damper. The technician called me a week after performing the work to ask how the fireplace and chimney were performing.

Description of Work
The technicians cut out the rusted metal firebox with a torch, installed new firebrick in the entire fireplace, installed a new stainless steel chimney flue, filled in all openings and the smoke shelf with mortar, replaced the chimney top damper, removed all debris, and cleaned up very well.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

02/09/2013

LONA W.

It went perfectly. Brian even took my camera up for me and took pictures of the inside of the dormer so that I was absolutely sure there were no other animals up there. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Description of Work
We did not need their chimney cleaning but DID need their roofing service. A squirrel got into an inaccessible part of a dormer, creating a hole the size of a baseball. Brian heard my pleas, worried about baby squirrels, and removed the necessary shingles and boards to access the space where the squirrel had taken up residence. Fortunately, no small ones, and he properly repaired it with steel and wood and replaced all shingles to perfection. The top of our chimney also needed to be fixed as it had badly cracked after 34 years, so he did that, and replaced five other shingles that had blown off during the last nor'easter. He and his assistant were EXTREMELY good at what they do, and I won't hesitate to call them again for any chimney, roofing or gutter service.

Category chimney sweep, roofing, chimney repair

11/06/2012

CYNTHIA C.

We called this company to have an annual chimney cleaning performed. The technicians (Adam and Danny) were prompt and courteous. However, they looked at our chimney for a few minutes before telling us how we needed to spend upwards of $2,000 to correct "fire hazards" and "get the chimney" up to code. These were two young guys and I felt that they were scamming us to get us to spend money unnecessarily. We purchased our home 1 year ago and our certified home inspector said nothing negative about our chimeny. The lady that owned the home previously left copies of previous sweeps in the past 2 years and amazingly these services reports said nothing about "fire hazards". Now we are left wondering if they actually cleaned the chimney so we are going to pick someone from Angie's list and start over.

Description of Work
-Performed Level 1 Inspection -Sweep

Category chimney sweep

My name is Matthew and I am a partner at A Plus Chimney Cleaners. After reviewing the chimney service report and considering all aspects of the situation I understand how it may appear that Adam was being dishonest. If this is the case then he will be dealt with accordingly. However, the issues noted by Adam are backed by Virginia building codes and NFPA 211 national standards which we study intensely during training. All I ask is for the opportunity to do a full inspection myself with photographs that will be date and time stamped to ensure that they are photographs of your chimney. I will also bring the code books and NFPA 211 book to review any findings in my inspection. We care very deeply about the integrity of our technicians, but we care even more about the satisfaction of our customers. Please allow me the opportunity to make this right. Matthew 757-613-9327 Cell

SHINE Window & Home Exterior Cleaning Services

At SHINE cleaning is our business. It's what we do (and we do a lot of it) and we're really good at it. So why spend the time you could use playing golf, gardening or even just reading a good book doing something as mundane as cleaning? Let us give you the freedom to pursue your dreams. DBA- Shine Window & Home-Exterior Cleaning Services. We are a 2nd generation, family owned, non franchise company.

2022 Super Service Award

Stanley Steemer

Founded on American ingenuity, Stanley Steemer began as a one-man carpet cleaning business by Jack A. Bates in 1947. Flash forward today, we remain a family-owned business led by the third generation. We’ve proudly expanded across 49 states into a network of nearly 300 locally owned and operated franchises and company-owned locations. Powered by our U.S.-manufactured equipment and technicians trained in-house, we continue to grow through constant innovation and dedication. Discover how our iconic yellow van, catchy jingle, and story grew to be over the last 70 years and counting.

R&R Pressure Washing

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Chimney cleaning, inspection, caps & repair.