RUDY'S FRIENDS DOG TRAINING INC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2008

Animal Training
Dog Walking

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

521 Walker St SW

Vienna, VA 22180

SUPER SERVICE WINNER IN 2014, 2015, & 2016. Private training and small group classes. Located at Pet Valu in the Pan Am Shopping Center. Classes include: Puppy Manners-under 5 months. Basic Manners Made Easy: over 5 months. Manners II includes CGC testing. Advanced Manners includes Community CGC testing. K9 Detection Work/Find It. Free dog safety classes for children. Raising non-aggressive dogs with babies...

04/20/2022

Nicole L.

We feel so fortunate to have had Anne's help with our puppy. Anne was very easy to communicate with and came to our home for lessons. We really love her approach of training with kindness, love, and having lots of fun! Our puppy quickly learned: Sit, Down, Bed, and Off as well as agility skills through a tunnel and obstacle course. Anne showed us how to walk our puppy on leash and provided helpful tips on crate training and behavior. Anne was very caring and patient and it is very clear that she loves her work and the puppies/dogs she is helping. Anne's help was invaluable! We highly recommend her!

Description of Work
Puppy Manners Training

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

I loved getting to know your family and working with your pup. Thank you so much for such a kind review. Take care and I hope to see you again soon.

03/04/2022

Susan M.

So well! Anne was so kind and professional in her handling of our dog's training. We went from the pup being scared of everything to a confident young dog in a matter of weeks. Each lesson focused on a few skills that we could practice between lessons and Anne always showed up on time and ready to teach. Keep in mind, she had to "train" us, too! Anne is a wealth of information/tips and was able to answer all our questions each week. We canceled one lesson because of road work on our street (which meant our dog was NOT coming out for training) and Anne graciously added on a lesson at the end. The course was very reasonably priced and we will not hesitate to sign up for group lessons with Rudy's Friends in the future.

Description of Work
We adopted a very skittish rescue hound.

Work Completed On 03/04/2022

I was so pleased with Maisey’s progress which happened because you worked so hard with her. Thank you for your kind words! Wishing you the best, Anne

03/01/2022

Jill B.

Anne was friendly, reliable, and professional, and she helped to instill me with more confidence. She kept the training fun, and she knew when to try a different approach if something wasn't working or if Rosie was nervous or just “off.” I highly recommend Anne and will refer others to her.

Description of Work
Training my new rescue dog

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

Review for RUDY'S FRIENDS DOG TRAINING INC - 521 Walker St SW, Vienna, VA - 39644404

It was so much fun working with you and [Member Name Removed] and watching her progress. Thank you and I wish the best for both of you.

12/28/2021

Ellie M.

Anne helped us tremendously in training our anxious COVID puppy! We started training our puppy when she was about 16 months old. Anne’s positive and fun training approach taught Lexi how to walk nicely on a leash, how to respond to recalls, how to stay in place and a lot more. She taught us how to change a couple of behaviors and how to be consistent in training Lexi. We highly recommend Rudy’s Friends Dog Training and will definitely seek their help for a refresher course soon!

Description of Work
Look no further!

Work Completed On 12/24/2021

You have such a sweet pup and she has made wonderful progress because you work with her. I was so proud of her self-control on our field trip to the shopping center. Thank you and I’[Member Name Removed] looking forward to seeing you all again.

12/27/2021

Mary W.

First, working with Anne was a pleasure. She is calm, friendly, and incredibly knowledgeable!! Otis responded so well to her positive training methods. We were able to solve a few “issues” and learn new behaviors and how to best ask for them. I now feel confident bringing Otis places with me as my service dog and he does so well! In addition to this she was able to share some ways I can mentally stimulate and give Otis exercise despite me being disabled.

Description of Work
Additional service dog training

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

It was such a pleasure getting to know your family and I wish you and your pup much success together.

10/08/2021

Deb A.

Anne is the best! My pup Minnie learned so much, but even better My husband and I learned even more! Anne was so easy going and calm, she never once treated Minnie or I with any scary, strict, or abusive behavior, as I have had in the past with other trainers. Anne was quite the opposite in fact Gentle, kind and effective. Anne came to our home/farm and was able to train Minnie outside with all the distractions you can imagine that would be on a farm she was able to quicklyadjust Minnie's training needs to her breed type and personality! Anne was always punctual and well prepared, very accommodating when we had a last minute cancelation too. I never felt like I was doing anything wrong, I was kindly reminded if I strayed from the proper training. Minnie is a herding dog so she is always busy, she now has amazing manners and considering her breed, English Shepard she has become a perfect little lady! I can't say enough about Rudy's Friends and Anne! I highly recommend them best puppy training ever! Thank you Anne! Deb Archambault Oakton, VA

Description of Work
Puppy Training

Work Completed On 10/08/2021

Review for RUDY'S FRIENDS DOG TRAINING INC - 521 Walker St SW, Vienna, VA - 39501738

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Minnie has made remarkable progress because you and your husband have worked so hard with her. It was a pleasure getting to know you all and I wish you much success.

05/14/2021

Mark G.

Great! Highly recommend! Anne is wonderful!!!

Description of Work
Confidence Building

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

05/13/2021

Mark G.

Anne is a miracle worker! My furbaby, Gypsy, is a family rescue from Pennsylvania. She's had a time of it in her short (5 years) life. She's the product of an Amish puppy mill, she was adopted into a husband/wife household (they've had dogs for years), wife developed cancer and subsequently passed, leaving Gypsy living in a trailer in the woods with only her Dad. He subsequently passed and I happily rehomed Gypsy to Vienna, VA. When Gypsy came to live with me, she went from a country bumpkin to a city girl in the blink of an eye. Not having any neighbors (or visitors) to having lots of them. She was VERY shy (basically hid) if anyone came to the house and my vet (also HIGHLY recommend), Vienna Animal Hospital, recommended Rudy's (and Anne, specifically). I had no idea what to expect, and slowly, but surely, Anne got Gypsy to play games (Find It!) and start to come out and socialize. Truly a miracle from my perspective! We were also afraid to go down the stairs to the family room (would lay at the top of the stairs and cry if I was downstairs). In one of our last sessions, Anne introduced my friends' 2 little girls into her and Gypsy's play/training time and we did it downstairs. Within the next couple of days, Gypsy decided she had fun down there in that room and has since started going up and down the stairs like she's done it all her life! My goal is/was to give Gypsy her best life...and being afraid of everything and everyone around you isn't/wasn't that life. I don't care if she does tricks or anything...I just wanted her to not be afraid. Anne successfully mastered that! While Gypsy still isn't 100% comfortable around people, she's 1,000x better than when we started. Progress! Progress! Progress! Anne truly loves animals, has that calming/nurturing disposition and Gypsy immediately took to Anne. When it was time for our appointment, I'd look at Gypsy and say, "Your buddy Anne's coming soon." She'd set up, ears up and after the 1st 2 or 3 sessions, would actually go to the front door to greet Anne with tail wagging! If I could give Anne 10-stars, she'd get 11+! Thank you, Anne!

Description of Work
Dog Training

Category dog trainers,dog walkers

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

Review for RUDY'S FRIENDS DOG TRAINING INC - 521 Walker St SW, Vienna, VA - 39330439

Oh goodness, thank you for such a glowing review! I’m so fond of both of you and love the way you relate to your pup. Best wishes for a happy life together!

05/04/2021

Laura E.

Ann was so fun to work with. She is very experienced and professional and believes, like we do, in positive reinforcement methods for dog training. We learned so many valuable tips and tricks that we will use on an on-going basis. I was particularly impressed with her ability to work with two very different dogs with very different personalities. We recently adopted a rescue pup and I would not hesitate to hire Ann for some training with our newest family member. We highly recommend Ann for dog and puppy training.

Description of Work
Dog training for two six month old puppies: a maltipoo and a black lab

Work Completed On 05/02/2021

I certainly enjoyed meeting your family and working with your pups. Thank you so much for writing this review.

05/03/2021

Stacie D.

We could not have been happier working with Anne Davis and Rudy's Friends. We were at a bit of a loss of how to train our Yellow Lab. We had tried a few other trainers, and we did not have much success. Anne was able to connect with our dog and us in a way that made training fun, exciting, and rewarding. She has an extremely patient demeanor and a wonderful way about her. Her approach really resonated with us, and our dog is totally different from what he was before we started. We look forward to taking additional classes with Anne and the folks at Rudy's Friends.

Description of Work
Basic Manners Dog Training

Work Completed On 05/02/2021

I throughly enjoyed getting to know you all and working with your sweet boy. Thank you so much for writing this review. Best of luck in the future!

Private in-home dog training and small group classes using positive motivational techniques