Oriental Rug Weavers

Founded 1955 • With Angi since March 2011

Purchaser and Seller of New and Antique Rugs of the Highest Quality. Services offered: Insurance Appraisals, Cleaning (hand wash), Repair / Restoration, Re- Sizing, Re-Weaving, Re-Dyeing, Rug Pads (hypo allergenic) , Onsite Design Consultation and more.... We carry beautiful Handmade selection of

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

oriental rug cleaning (49)carpet cleaning (14)carpet installation (12)jewelry appraising (4)interior decorators (1)

01/29/2023

Julia L.

My cat had been sick several times on my good oriental rug Did not think the stains could ever be removed. They not only cleaned the rug but there is no sign of any stain. The rug is white with dark blue. It looks brand new. When they brought it back they also helped me store it for safe keeping.

Description of Work
Cleaned a very stained oriental rug

Category oriental rug cleaning

Your kind words are really appreciated. Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again.

09/09/2022

Michelle D.

Faisal did a great job! Very responsive, professional and informative! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Rug Cleaning and appraisal

Category jewelry appraisal, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 09/09/2022

12/31/2021

Megan N.

We continue to be impressed at the superb consultation and service from Faisal and Oriental Rug Weavers. We fully trust that Oriental Rug Weavers will handle our carpets with utmost skill and care; they have always been returned to us in conditions that have exceeded expectations. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
carpet cleaning and repair

Category carpet cleaners, jewelry appraisal, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 12/17/2021

11/29/2021

Kathleen P.

Oriental Rug Weavers did a great job cleaning my 2 8x10 oriental rugs. I’d waited pretty late before Thanksgiving to call them, and Faisal wouldn’t take the order until he checked their schedule and also what shape the rugs were in, to be sure he could get them back to us before that holiday. They do their work by hand, and will run a rug through 3 cleanings if necessary to get it perfect. He decided he could do the work in time, and they did come back perfect, and in time for Thanksgiving. Our rugs look beautiful again. I don’t know if the prices are reasonable, because I’ve only had this company clean our rugs. But Faisal did tell me not to have them do the 3rd rug I’d asked about. He could have taken the job, but said it wasn’t worth it for us - the rug just wasn’t that valuable. He also told me to have the cleaning done in another 3 years or so, when he could have said to make sure I do it every year. And he suggested we get pads under the 2 rugs they cleaned, but did not pressure us to buy them from them (we did). Faisal was friendly, cheerful, safe (masked at all times), and punctual. I will use Oriental Rug Weavers’ services again, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Clean 2 8x10 oriental rugs

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 11/09/2021

Review for Oriental Rug Weavers - 144 Church St NW, Vienna, VA - 39555902

12/01/2020

Jacqueline T.

Customer service is important to me. In that I expect professionalism and personable characteristics. When my rugs were evaluated in my home, I was educated on their domain and the families who made them. Only an expert has these types of details in their brains. Faisel, the owner of this business, is personally familiar with the family who made one of my rugs. Oriental rugs are pieces of art and need special attention and care if we want them to remain investments and heirlooms. Faisel picked up and returned my rugs with a realistic, timely response. We trusted him to wash them, treat them, cut pads to go under them, and appraise them. He is a hard working business man and caring individual for his staff, family, customers, and the rugs he buys, sells, and restores. Great job!!

Description of Work
Oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

07/10/2020

Eric W.

I had my oriental rug cleaned, repaired, and appraised. Faisal worked with me through every step of the process. He was very competent, knowledgeable, and answered all my questions. He also guided me on the best ways to display my rug, and was able to provide for either method (floor or wall hanging). Further, in this time of COVID he was able to deliver the rug. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Faisal and will turn to him first for any future needs.

Description of Work
Oriental rug was cleaned and repaired.

Category antiques, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

06/04/2020

Faye L.

Faisal Khan is a real professional whose work is outstanding. He is prompt, responsive and is very thorough and knowledgeable when it comes to hand made carpets (from Iran, Egypt, Kashmir, etc). I had a valuable rug that was damaged due to a kitchen fire. I thought it could not be repaired. After Faisal's restoration, it is once again perfect. Although he charges more than other's, in this case you 'get what you pay for'. I trust him and would use him again.

Description of Work
1. Appraised and washed 9 valuable hand knotted rugs 2. Repaired a hand knotted valuable rug and its fringe that were damage in a fire.

Category carpet cleaners, antiques

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

Review for Oriental Rug Weavers - 144 Church St NW, Vienna, VA - 38617394

04/21/2020

Maureen V.

Faisal is passionate about oriental rugs and about delivering first rate service to his customers. He restored about 8 rugs for us and worked with us every step of the way; from offering us a very reasonable price, to delivering them within our complicated time frame; as we were in the midst of a move. Best of all, he loves what he does; restores these beautiful rugs to their prime and helped us to place them appropriately in our home. His enthusiasm is contagious and we learned much about each individual rug. He and his team are artists, devoted to their craft. We cannot speak highly enough of Oriental Rug Weavers!

Description of Work
8 Oriental Rugs to be cleaned and repaired

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

03/29/2020

Charles K.

Oriental Rug Cleaners deep cleaned an oriental wool/silk carpet that we purchased over 25 years ago that was “the” favorite spot when our dog or Siamese cat was sick. Faisal Knew the origins of our carpet, it’s worth and most importantly the steps needed to restore the carpet to its former beauty. It took awhile to restore the carpet but the wait was well worth it. The carpet was returned last night and the work done by Faisal and his team was excellent.

Description of Work
Restoration and cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 03/28/2020

12/20/2019

Vera D.

very well, antique Bakhtiari 9x14 was picked up and delivered

Description of Work
repair of the two holes 1/2 inch each, repair of the borders, cleaning,and purchase of the new padding

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 12/20/2019

11/23/2019

meta M.

It went well. Carpets turned out beautifully. The owner is knowledgeable and personable. I was thrilled with his work.

Description of Work
Oriental carpets cleaned

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

08/24/2019

Dan D.

Everything looks great. It was big investment and it took a while but the rug looks very good. Faisel is knowledgeable, polite and easy to work with. He also did an appraisal for us.

Description of Work
Cleaning and restoration of an antique Persian rug

Category carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 08/24/2019

08/02/2019

ray L.

We visited Oriental Rug Weavers after our large dog was very sick all over our rug. Needless to say, the rug was a disgusting mess. Faisal’s team did an incredible job cleaning the rug. It looks much better than I ever remember it looking. The colors are so bright now. Faisal suggested that we do some repairs to preserve the value and life of the rug. The repairs look great; for example, the repaired fringe was hand-stitched. Oriental Rug Weavers is small, personalized, and high quality. They do not take short cuts. You will not regret asking Oriental Rug Weavers to care for your rug. Just be prepared to pay for what you get.

Description of Work
Cleaning and repair of a 10' x 13' rug

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

Review for Oriental Rug Weavers - 144 Church St NW, Vienna, VA - 38021265

07/16/2019

Mary R.

Faisal is very meticulous in that he goes to great lengths to match carpet colors when making a repair. This could be time consuming but good work takes time. I am very happy with the work he and his workers did and I recommend him. He is very clear in going you a range for the cost. He sticks to this, so you are aware of the costs up front. I feel like while expensive, his costs are similar to other companies in the area. I would use him again and do recommend him.

Description of Work
Faisal cleaned several rugs and repaired 2 of them

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

06/27/2019

Chris B.

I brought my rug to Oriental Rug Weavers in Vienna, VA after seeing all of the positive reviews. My young cats had peed on it and also scratched it causing some damage. Faisal fixed all the problems! It took several weeks so be prepared to go without your rug for a little while but the wait is worth it.

Description of Work
rug cleaning

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

06/03/2019

Lee M.

Faisal Kahn’’’s Oriental Rug Company provided excellent carpet cleaning services. All of the carpets his company professionally and very carefully cleaned look amazing!!! Faisal is an expert in oriental rugs, including the regions where our Middle Eastern and South Asian carpets came from. We were very impressed with his ability to immediately identify the regions and other details of our eight carpets before they were cleaned. Faisal also advised on how to wrap each carpet before they were placed into storage, which made perfect sense...even though other carpet cleaners recommended plastic wrap which could damage any rug in long term storage. Mr Kahn also provided an appraisal of each carpet at our request. We are so thankful he was able to do them for us because all eight appraisals provide the exact information about each carpet needed for insurance purposes and for replacement value. We now have exceptional documentation for our own knowledge and personal use as well. Thank you, Mr Faisal Kahn, for providing us these outstanding services!!! We definitely recommend you to any person who cares about how their carpets are cleaned and who wants documentation about their carpets and rugs.

Description of Work
Professionally cleaned eight carpets ( 4 Persian, 2 Afghani, 1 Pakistani and 1 Turkish) and professionally appraised these carpets with excellent details for each carpet ( origin, size, materials, weave, colors, design, signature, category, condition, age, type, workmanship and replacement value with photos attached). Angie’s List does not have a search category for “Professional Carpet Appraisers” but we were happy to learn that Oriental Rug company provides this much needed service. In fact, it is very difficult to find an expert with Faisal Kahn’s knowledge of oriental carpets anywhere in the USA. We are so thankful he was in the Washington D.C. area when we needed this work done.

Category jewelry appraisal, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

11/17/2018

Lisa W.

Highly recommend! Had tribal rugs with active larvae infestation. Oriental Rug Weavers were able to clean (takes time to make sure you clean through several life cycles of the larvae); and repair the damage to the rugs! They look great! Saved our investment! Six rugs of various sizes (one 7' x 10')

Description of Work
Rug cleaning, rug repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2018

08/31/2018

Patricia C.

We were extremely pleased. The rug was badly soiled and they washed it several times before it met their standards. Meticulous service.

Description of Work
Clean large oriental rug

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

08/27/2018

Tony A.

Bottom line up front: Faisal is an indisputable expert with all aspects of high quality heirloom rugs. His vast knowledge and "treat your rugs as his own" in the conduct of his trade are immediately apparent when you enter the store. Well worth the cost! I extensively researched the VA-MD-DC metropolitan area for the most reputable service to clean two Nain heirloom rugs, owned and never cleaned since 1997. I read the reviews about Hadeed and was not surprised since I am skeptical about businesses who advertise constantly. Oriental Rug Weavers caught my eye because of the high rated, detailed reviews and its local small business appeal, very important to me. From the initial phone call, Faisal provides an upfront and no-nonsense explanation about the process he follows from inspection to cleaning and the time involved. Entering the store, Faisal greeted us as if we were long time customers and in short order spread the rugs with more care and gentleness than we generally treat them. He instantly knew the Nain pattern as well as the level of thread quality; for comparison he showed us several in his inventory that were higher quality and also lower quality. The differences were readily apparent and my decision to bring our rugs to him was validated. Faisal pointed out all the details that required his team's expert care and the extras (thread and leather stripping repair) not part of the quoted price but provided as a courtesy. I realize some who read this will opine that those "extras" are part of the pricing but during my initial phone call with Faisal he quoted a cleaning cost per square foot without any knowledge on the condition of those extra items. The invoice amount was exactly what he provided on the phone. When I returned four weeks later for the rugs, Faisal provided a post cleaning inspection as detailed as the pre-cleaning visit. The condition of the rugs was striking; they appeared nearly new and the detailed silk threading glistened! He even repaired a tear in a small section of the threading that was not visible until they were cleaning the rug. Yes, he provided pictures before the repair and it took him some time to find the small area post repair because the quality was that good. I could continue with this review but if you are not convinced by now then go to some other rug "expert" and be happy with your decision. I am completely satisfied with mine and will return when I need his services again, although we will be living in southern coastal NC.

Description of Work
Heirloom rug cleaning and repair

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

08/24/2018

Mike V.

we have used Oriental Rug Weavers for several jobs since Feb 2018. We started with 2 rugs - one high quality and a second a cheaper factory made rug. Faisal the owner was able to tell us a good deal about both rugs but especially the quality rug as that is what he carries. He looked closely at the rugs and showed us a couple of items that we hadn't seen and explained in detail what he would do to each if we wanted them repaired. we had them repaired and cleaned. The work was done so well we couldn't tell where they had done the repair. the cleaning was so effective the rugs looked new - my wife and I could tell they took care and did it right. They were so good we then brought two other rugs of higher value and both again were handled with great care and exceptional quality work done on them. At this point we started talking to him about a new rug that I had been looking for - explained what I wanted. He said they were hard to find but he would keep his eye out. About 6 weeks later he calls and says he has 2 rugs I might want to see. One was just what we had been looking for and I felt the price was fair. Once we agreed to a price he had the rugs cleaned and the fringe repaired. The rug looked just outstanding when we picked it up. Couldn't recommend him any higher. If you are going to do anything with your rugs you owe it to yourself to call and talk to Faisal

Description of Work
several rugs cleaned and some repairs

Work Completed On 08/23/2018

07/20/2018

Robert W.

An outstanding transaction. Faisal was knowledgeable, helpful in pickup, delivery and installation. Our rugs were cleaned and repaired perfectly. His advice was helpful in our future dare and handling of our oriental rugs. We also were looking for a replacement for one of our rugs that was too badly damaged to be economically repaired. After talking with Faisalr about our preferences he showed us several rugs, one of which was exactly what we were looking for...and we now own it. Every part of our dealings with Oriental Rug Weavers was professional and excellent. We will be dealing with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Oriental rugs cleaned and repaired.

Category carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

07/11/2018

Jill K.

Fisal was able to identify their origin, tell us how much they were worth, and explain how they needed to be restored and what we could expect from the restoration process he recommended for each rug. He also told us which repairs of the largest rug were not worth attempting, because they would be too obvious. He also sold us pads to go under the rugs and explained how to care for them after cleaning. When the cleaning and repairs were complete, we were delighted by the results. The process took several months, but we thought getting it done properly was more important than getting it done fast. My sister, brother-in-law and I all enjoyed meeting Faisal and learned a lot by talking with him. He was generous with his time, and showed us other rugs in his extensive collection, telling us where they were from and explaining the differences between them. I would recommend him to anyone living in Northern Virginia or nearby for both his extensive knowledge and the services he offers.

Description of Work
My father bought four Oriental rugs -- two Turkmen and two Kashans -- in Cyprus in the mid-1950s. They were treasured and well cared-for, but after 60 years, they all needed cleaning and some repairs.

Work Completed On 07/11/2018