Northern Virginia Grounds, LLC

Po Box 1131

Vienna, VA 22183

08/25/2022

Katie H.

Let me caveat my review with the fact that I am a local realtor. I deal with a lot of contractors, and refer out a lot of contractors to clients. Tony at NoVA Landscape Construction Is at the very top of that list. Our family spent the better part of a year working with his crew to transform our yard and pool area. At the end of that time, I can still say I’m thrilled that we went with Tony and his crew for this renovation. Not only because of the outcome of our space, but because of the communication that we received consistently through our work, and with the caliber of work I saw happen in my backyard! Tony and his crew transformed our back yard pool area into a retreat. Our pool is about 40 years old. I don’t believe it had ever been resurfaced. We started there with Tony and his crew and as we talked about our vision for up there our design options grew. We opted to reconfigure the entire space around the pool, and Tony Was able to take our vision and make it happen! He was receptive to all of our requests, even the ones that were a little more difficult for him to fulfill like a very specific color of a crêpe myrtle tree for the landscaping, with a can-do attitude! We now have a wood-burning fireplace, we ran a gas line to heat the pool and put in gas heaters for the pavilion area, added a fridge a grill, garbage and recycle bins , and a cooler box to easily access drinks. The space is truly an oasis for our family now. We do a lot of entertaining and everyone who has stopped by has been so impressed with the space. We are beyond thrilled with the results and would highly recommend Tony and his team for any home improvement project you are considering!

Description of Work
Backyard and Pool Renovation

07/25/2022

Parker B.

Tony and his crew did a great job. Communicated very well with what they were doing. I will definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Pool Patio/grading around the pool

Category hardscaping

07/10/2022

Ben E.

Tony and his team do excellent work and have delivered a beautiful product! They did all the pool decking, walls, rock work, outdoor kitchen patio, lighting, waterfall and slide, and plants and trees for our backyard oasis. They have a wonderful eye for what will look the best and often improved our ideas with their own suggestions. Very friendly and responsive!!

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping around new pool construction

01/19/2022

Gregory T.

Tony and his team installed our pool/patio and we loved the way it turned out. The process was a bit bumpy with Covid related delays for materials and subcontractors. But the end result was well worth the wait and the final integrated look with pation and landscaping was exactly what we we envisioned. Tony was responsive, sincere, and helpful throughout the process.

Description of Work
New pool and patio

11/22/2021

Alex S.

We selected NOVA Landscape and Construction for our pool's decking and retaining wall needs based on NOVA's great reputation and we were not disappointed. First Tony worked with us on planning the project and we went through numerous revisions and each time with valuable feedback from Tony that proactively addressed many concerns. Then during the construction phase Tony kept us up to date on progress and was always consistent and timely on the work being accomplished. We never ran into a situation where Tony's team disappeared for days or weeks to work on other projects we felt like we were a priority from start to finish. We highly recommend NOVA Landscape for anyone who needs their services and we will certainly be looking back to Tony for our future phases.

Description of Work
Decking and retaining wall for our in ground pool

10/02/2020

Kenneth N.

NOVA Landscape Construction did a great job on our patio. Their commitment to doing great work was outstanding - and refreshing. We would recommend them without reservation. They arrived, assessed, worked very hard, and made sure the work was done to our expectation. Very impressive.

Description of Work
Patio re-seaming and stone replacement

09/17/2020

Rebecca S.

We recently completed a beautiful hardscape/landscape project with NOVA Landscape Construction near Leesburg, VA. Not only was the final result everything we asked for, but the owner (Tony) and his team made the entire process simple and clear. After discussing the design and committing to a schedule, Tony coordinated the drop off of all materials, making proactive corrections when needed prior to the start of the project. Each day, his teams put in a full day's work, and Tony himself was there either working alongside them or stopping by to make sure everything was going smoothly. The project was completed on time, in budget, and exceeding all specifications. Finally, they left the areas surrounding the project/work zones in great shape, seeding and fertilizing all impacted grassy areas and powerwashing our driveway. We love our new fire pit, lighting, and patios!

Description of Work
Landscape and hardscape

05/18/2020

Regis A.

My wife and I were extremely pleased by the customer service and quality of work performed. The owner and his crew take a lot of pride in their work. They provided great recommendations and executed to perfection within budget. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Landscaping including building a retaining wall

10/09/2019

Joelle Q.

Northern VA Grounds recently remodeled my patio with beautiful pavers and I am loving it! A neighbor recommended I contact Tony, who promptly met with me and patiently listened to my vision for my new patio. He answered all of my questions and explained the process in detail, including what materials he uses and why. He also showed me photos of his other completed projects and encouraged me to read the reviews of his work on Yelp. He was especially patient and flexible during a series of challenges that delayed scheduling the work for two months. His crew was professional, hard-working, and attentive. They even went out of their way to cut up some pieces of the recycled material for me to use in other projects. Thank you Tony and crew for great service and quality work!

Description of Work
Patio remodel with pavers

01/13/2019

Karen K.

We received outstanding service and would hire Tony again for snow removal and we will recommend him to others. Communication and follow-up by phone was outstanding, the price was fair, and we definitely recommend him and would hire him again. In fact, based on how he responded to our request for plowing our driveway, including clearing the curb area for the mail truck and the storm drain area so run off could occur, we will be contacting him for other services this spring (e.g., new walkway, front stoop, etc.). He was highly communicative, fully transparent about what we would get for the fee, responsive, caring, and provided top notch customer service. He exemplified the American work ethic and we feel we got our money's worth.

Description of Work
Snow plowing

Category landscaping, snow removal

06/19/2018

Neil K.

NovaGround done a great Patio, Bench Wall and River rock filled French drain system to tackle a massive water issue at our home. Tony and his team paid attention to details and completed the job wonderfully to the best of our satisfaction well on time. Tony went above and beyond our expectations with his valuable thoughtful contributions exceeding the scope of our contract. Well trustworthy and I highly recommend for anyone looking for a quality job.

Description of Work
Excellent French drain, bench wall and patio

06/18/2018

Frank G.

Nova grounds did a great job. They started and finished the work on time. The end result was exactly what I had asked for. I will hire again.

Description of Work
Timber terraced beds with drainage

06/06/2018

Amanda L.

Everything was done nicely and happy with their work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Removing weeds, installing sod, and install 6x6 pressure treated timbers in the front yard.

05/20/2018

Aaron T.

I am very pleased with the work of NOVAGROUND! They helped us decide what would improve the appearance of our yard, worked with our schedule, and got the job done in a timely fashion. Their work was professional and our front yard looks great! For landscaping and hardscaping I highly recommend NOVAGROUND.

Description of Work
Landscape & hardscape

Category hardscaping

05/18/2018

B H.

I used Northern Virginia Grounds and I am very happy with the results. My husband usually takes care of the landscaping but it has since been neglected for several months. I used multiple landscaping companies in the past and they simply cut the grass but had no interest in clearing the grounds, maintaining the grass and landscaping despite paying for those services. After reading several reviews, I chose NOVA Grounds to help with the grass, clearing leaves, sticks, mulching, replanting, removing tree stump and lawn mowing. He stayed in constant communication. He was quick to respond, efficient and did an excellent job. I feel like he is someone I can trust and has an interest in doing a good job and not just taking my money. I would recommend him and will continue to use him for maintenance of my lawn.

Description of Work
Landscaping, mowing, tree stump removal

05/18/2018

Jodie H.

I was looking for a landscaper for my parent's yard, however, I ended up using NOVA Ground for my front yard as well. My front yard was previously landscaped by my dad, however, I do not have a green thumb or desire to keep up with the landscaping. Some of the bushes had died and it needed to be revamped. Tony came over, looked at the yard, and made suggestions. He was receptive to my suggestions and what look I was going for and my desire for low maintenance. I was at work when he came but kept me updated, communicated well and sent several pictures before setting plants into place. I came home to a beautiful front yard. Definitely would use a gain.

Description of Work
Landscaping

05/15/2018

Javier P.

I contacted Northern VA Grounds (NoVa Grounds) with the need to sod the front and backyard of my townhouse as I am preparing to sell (approximately 460 sq. ft.). When contacting various other landscaping companies, many were interested but with the busy time they could not schedule me in though they all understood it was a small job. Tony, the owner of NoVa Grounds however, was willing to work with me. We managed the quote and all items via text by proving the square footage and pictures to facilitate processing the quote and service, this was a good use of both our times since it didn’t require me to have to leave work for a visit, and then again when the work was being performed. The price was competitive and we quickly executed the contract via email. Tony was able to squeeze in my project in between his other jobs and managed to complete all the work timely and beautifully, being mindful of the temperature and conditions for sodding the lawn correctly. He and his crew were very polite, professional, efficient, responsive and helpful in taking care of sodding the home and providing the instructions to maintain it. I highly recommend working with NoVa Grounds. Before your next landscaping project or need, would encourage you to obtain quotes from various companies, but one of them has to be from NoVa Grounds.

Description of Work
Sodding front and backyard

04/30/2018

Catherine I.

We had all of our overgrown bushes in the front of our house pulled up and replaced. We had new sod placed in our backyard, and other improvements made. From the time I first called to get an estimate, to having the work completed took about a week. They were extremely willing to work within our budget and we still got everything we wanted. All the new plants, bushes, and trees, as well as new grass sod looks terrific. A huge improvement over what was there. Everything was done exactly when they said. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Landscaping work in front and back yards

09/14/2017

Cara L.

The sod went further than expected and looks great. Fingers crossed we keep it alive! Tony's crew worked fast and were very friendly. For future customers (who don't have green thumbs) it might be nice to provide a short cheat-sheet on care for a new lawn. Overall, we were really happy with our experience and would contact NOVA Grounds again in the future.

Description of Work
I appreciated that Tony got back to me soon after I contacted him and then came out to my home to look at my specific needs. We recently moved into our home which had an unsightly dirt yard and wanted to have sod laid.

07/19/2017

Carole W.

Very well--we have always been pleased with the work done by NOVA Grounds.

Description of Work
Northern Virginia Grounds took care of the grounds maintenance and snow removal operations for our small retail shopping center for 15 years. The service for the lawn grooming was always done in a timely manner. We also had a lovely retaining wall constructed and railings installed by this company. When winter set in, we couldn't have asked for a better snow and ice removal service. Never had to check to see if our lot had been plowed and because some of our tenants open very early that was a great concern.

Category landscaping, snow removal

05/17/2017

Sandy R.

No VA Grounds were great. The owner Tony was timely, kept in touch and surprised me with how much he was involved. Tony kept in touch while scheduling (w rain it was hard to select a date and have it work out) and once we finalized a date he was there the day before w his foreman to run thru everything we had discussed. He was very flexible with small things we wanted to change and allowed us to re use a lot of what we already had. After everything was complete (he honestly has the hardest working crew - they were there from 7AM to 7PM to make sure everything got done) he was back again to run thru everything w me to make sure I was happy. There were a few items I wanted additional trimming on and his men were back the following week (w smiles) and finished it up. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
No VA Grounds did a lot of removal (tress/plants) as well as transplanting of items we already had and addition of sod and weed protector.

05/05/2017

Matt C.

Tony and the team at Northern Virginia Grounds were collaborative and thoughtful, had great ideas, and were efficient when completing the project. It's rare to find a team like this who goes above and beyond, and who makes it a priority to ensure the customer is happy - not just with the final product but throughout the process.

Description of Work
Last summer we decided to finally do something about the eyesore of a garden in front of our house, and couldn't have been happier with the work of Tony and the team at Northern Virginia Grounds. This spring, we had NVG back out to do our spring cleaning and landscaping, this time all the way around the house. Like last year, several neighbors have already commented how much they love our gardens.

04/13/2017

Krystina J.

My husband and I know NOTHING about taking care of a yard (well he probably knows more than me ;) so we put off updating the front yard of our townhouse for 2 years. When my husband was shopping around for different landscapers in the area, Tony was the first to respond. He was so helpful with all of our questions and always quick to respond or return our calls/texts. He gave us different suggestions and told us how to take care of the plants he put into our yard. We are 100% happy with how our new front yard looks and definitely recommend Tony and his crew for any landscaping needs!

Description of Work
Landscaping

12/15/2016

Christopher G.

I highly recommend Northern VA Grounds. Tony came out very promptly to provide an estimate. Together we planned the project. While he listened carefully to my ideas and concerns, he shared from his knowledge and experience. Yet Tony made it clear that it these were only his recommendations; this project was ultimately about what I wanted. Once we decided on a plan the work began quickly and promptly. One aspect I really appreciated was that the crew were careful to clean up every day. This was important to me as I live in a townhouse complex and management can be rather picky. Also, we stayed in contact during the project to ensure there were no miscommunications and any unexpected issues were dealt with quickly and effectively. In the end, I have a perfect patio. The work is as beautiful in person as it is in the pictures and I’m looking forward to years of enjoyment. One final word, Tony provided me a small amount of gravel from his personal property as the amount I needed was too small to warrant a full order. Again, Northern VA Grounds receives my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Old patio removed, new patio created and extended. Hot tub foundation Drainage

08/30/2016

JOANNE C.

We had admired work he had done down the street in our neighborhood last spring, so we called him. He gave us a very reasonable estimate for all the work we wanted done (above). He worked with us to find out exactly what we wanted, where we wanted it, and even confirmed everything with me on the day of the work, every step of the way. His whole team was helpful and friendly. Tony even came back to add more mulch upon request. He followed up with us to ensure we were satisfied. We highly recommend Tony and his team.

Description of Work
Tony and his team transplanted several trees, bushes, and plants from the front & sides to the back yard, adding topsoil and sod to the front yard to cover up tree roots, weeding of entire yard (front, back, and sides--which was a LOT!), and adding mulch and plants & a few trees to empty spots and/or where we were removing other things.

Tillerman Gardens LLC

Full service Stonework, Hardscape and Landscaping Company. Small local. Accept Credit Cards. Hardscapes: Patio, walkway, driveway, retaining wall, steps, ponds. Natural stone and Pavers.

Mottern Masonry Design

Mottern Masonry Design is a Northern Virginia company with 20+ years of experience in the Masonry field. A benchmark in the masonry field, Mottern Masonry Design and all its employees strive to provide you with outstanding craftsmanship & durability, innovative ideas, exceptional customer service, and a beautiful end product. We specialize in creating custom walkways, stone & brick stoops, patios, fireplace profiles, chimney caps, and repairs of all sizes. We combine the ideas of our potential customers with our experience and expertise to create unique results that are a step above our competition. Award winning.

J Reynolds Landscaping

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience.

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Pool Installation, Pool deck, patio, fire pit, retaining wall, sod installation, gratto install

mowing, mulching, trimming, weeding