DR Restore

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2009

1934 Old Gallows Rd

Vienna, VA 22182

D.R. Restore's management team has helped more then 15,000 families recover from disasters of all sizes! We are repeat Super Service Award Winners. Free Estimates! 7 Days A week! We serve Northern Virginia, Maryland, & Washington DC, we are experts at property diagnostics, mitigation (minimizing risk, damage and expense) and reconstruction. No job is too big or too small for DR Restore. DR Restore has industry-certified technicians and utilizes advanced restoration technologies. We offer full turnkey service, packet (moving) service, reconstruction, and post-emergency help and coordination....

09/27/2019

Steven N.

Tom was amazingly responsive and informative about the process and the work tat needed to be done. He is a consummate pro and a very nice guy. He also recommended an excellent plumber to us as well

Description of Work
Our kitchen sink was leaking and caused water dame in a wall and ceiling in our basement

09/23/2019

Timothy B.

DR Restore did a fabulous job on our home. It was unclear how much if any damage was hiding in the walls. Tom came in, gave us a worst case estimate, and confirmed he would only do as little as necessary. He took many pictures, allowed me to check it all out and explained the process in great detail. I would highly recommend him for Water Intrusion, Mold Remediation.

09/16/2019

Kevin W.

Tom responded quickly, and worked diligently to dry out the water and prevent long term damage. He was through and worked hard to ensure that the area dried out completely.

Description of Work
Water damage mitigation

09/06/2019

Daniel W.

Tom at DR Restore was great to work with. We had a pipe burst in the unit above causing substantial damage to our condo. He responded immediately and was at our condo that night to work on the mitigation. He explained the process upfront and was with us every step of the way. He has been a valuable resource through the mitigation and repair process and I would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Water Damage Mitigation

04/15/2019

Kristine J.

Tom Mitchell was exceptional at looking at the issue we had with flooding in our basement and a few other water ingress issues. He gave a lot of advice, and was pretty much honest that what we had done to mitigate the issue (which I was familiar with flooding buildings from my work) had very much minimized what needed to be done by any company... He was nice, amused by our gumption to mop up the water, direct it, and rent some big equipment immediately. He showed me a few more tricks, and then never sent an estimate, because, I suspect that the job was too small for this company. That's fine. I'm grateful for the boatload of tips, and we got another company to follow through on the advice given. It was very clear that DR Restore is really a mid-size to large-size disaster project company, and probably aiming at projects 3K and larger... and I suspect leaning towards the larger. Thank you, Tom. I've recommended DR Restore to friends who have larger projects since. This is definitely a place to call for those of you who have peculiar restoration projects as I believe-- after chatting with him-- that Tom likes a challenge. That's admirable.

Description of Work
Estimate only -- impressive, honest

01/23/2019

Abigail B.

By working weekends, the team at DR Restore completed all mold remediation and reconstruction ahead of schedule. We had been without housing, so we were incredibly fortunate to find DR Restore. The project included addressing chronic water damage issues that had occurred in our home as well as drywall repair, painting and replacing wood flooring throughout the house. It was a pleasant and stress-free experience working with Tom Mitchell and his team at DR Restore. I could not more highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had water damage requiring mold remediation and reconstruction.

Category carpet cleaners, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, home remodeling, metal restoration, mold removal, basement remodeling, oriental rug cleaning

Dear Member, Thank you for your kind review! It was a pleasure, you and your family were wonderful throughout! Best- Tom

01/20/2018

Julie S.

The actual cleanup in the basement was very good. I had a leak and Tom came, provided an estimate and initiated the work with good communication and professionalism. My issues have been with subsequent communication with Tom. He has not submitted any claim information to my insurance and he has not returned emails or phone calls for the last week. I need Disaster Response to submit the bill so that I can get reimbursed for the deductible that I paid them up front. Things were eventually sorted out but it took too much effort for me to consider hiring them again.

Description of Work
sewage flood in basement cleanup

Category water damage restoration

Dear Member, Thank you for choosing us to clean up your sewage backup. Your loss occurred on Jan 5th. You called us and set an appointment for the following day Saturday the 6th. We provided you with a detailed estimate you could have submitted to your company before we started. We actually responded with six people for your job, were able to use Steramist (a proprietary, hospital grade disinfecting system). and performed an extensive multi-room deconstruction and cleanup, additional drying took three more days. I can appreciate your immediate need for all the facts and estimates on demand. Unfortunately microbial risk (largely invisible) and designing a fair reconstruction scope is complex, and takes time and effort. Your mitigation and reconstruction invoice was provided on Jan 18th. Our final mitigation invoice was actually two thousand dollars below our initial estimate. Technically you don't get reimbursed for your deductible. We still waited patiently until you received your insurance payment before we were finally paid. I'm actually a little confused as to your disappointment, given the CAT situation and the dozens of homeowners still waiting for service after you were clean, dry and disinfected! Best- Tom

12/23/2017

Benjamin M.

Disaster Response was super helpful. They came out promptly (same-day) and set up large dehumidifiers and fans. The agent was able to stop by to check progress over the next 2 days, and helped customize what needed to be done for us, without overdoing it from the start. They were reliable and told me what they were planning on every step of the way. Would definitely use again (although I hope we don't have to! Nobody likes water/smoke damage!)

Description of Work
Had a leak from an upstairs bathroom resulting in water damage upstairs and in the kitchen below.

Category water damage restoration

Dear Member, Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure! Best regards, Tom

12/07/2017

Gary H.

Better than expected and less than the cost I was expecting to pay.

Description of Work
Drywall and mold remediation. Fix water leak.

Category drywall, interior painters, mold removal

Dear Member, Thank you for your kind review, it was really nice meeting with you, and I am so glad we could help. Sincerely, Thomas Mitchell President Disaster Response

09/05/2017

Gloria P.

We got them off of Angie’s List and we were quite pleased with what they did. We might have gotten them off of Yellow Pages, I can’t remember. They came the morning after the storm and then they left their fans for the next 3 or 4 days. I thought they were very professional. The communication was very good. They did they whole thing with $500 down. They couldn’t tell me what the price was because they couldn’t do an estimate. They did the whole thing and did all the work and then gave me a price.

Description of Work
We used them for water damage type of thing.

09/04/2017

Tamara G.

Great. They were responsive to our time frame and completed the clean up above expectations.

Description of Work
Small clean up job due to sewage backup.

Category water damage restoration, sewer cleaning

08/04/2017

Scott B.

They were pretty good. We just had some difficulties with one of the people. They got the job done and everything. It cost a couple of thousands of dollars, but it was covered by insurance. As a matter of fact, I had a problem with a leak in the roof and it went all the way down the outside of the house and all of that. The price was fair.

Description of Work
It was for the internal repair, the walls and floors and things like that. Then I went on to hire them later on to replace my roof.

Category flooring contractor, roofing, metal restoration

02/25/2017

Jeremy D.

They were a little high on their quote and we were looking for other alternatives. I think in the end our job was too small and it was not worth their while. To complete the work, they are a little overpriced. They were responsive. We got them to come out.

Description of Work
They came and gave a quote, but we did not use them. They quoted us for a leak behind drywall.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

Dear Member Thank you for your review. Regarding our free estimate, we utilize the same pricing platform that is used by almost every major insurance carrier in town. Unfortunately small companies like ours don't make the rules, in fact we have recently resigned from several insurance repair programs do to the constraints they place on our ability to best represent our clients interests. We will continue to innovate and challenge existing business models to deliver better value and innovative service to our clients. Please check out our latest exclusive licensing agreement with Steramist, DARPA technology that is a HUGE game changer with indoor environmental risk reduction! Thank you, Thomas Mitchell President Disaster Response

08/13/2015

Kerry A.

They were responsive, on time, and professional.

Description of Work
Remove water damage and treat mold.

06/17/2015

Pedro C.

They came in as requested, provided good advice on what was the best way to proceed, installed equipment, came back to twice more to check on status and to collect equipment. Provided contractor to repair wall but I went with another contractor.

Description of Work
Assess water damage, install equipment to dry walls, check everything was dry.

Category water damage restoration

Dear Member, Thank you for your business. I hope the contractor you selected for reconstruction exceeded your expectations. Best regards, Thomas Mitchell

06/14/2015

Matthew O.

The project manager was very professional and organized. They handled a majority of the interaction with the insurance company and it was a year ago so I don't remember the price, but I believe reasonable.

Description of Work
We had a sewer back up in our basement. They were at my house within hours and did a great job of cleaning up.

Category water damage restoration

Dear Member, Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! Best regards, Thomas Mitchell

04/30/2015

Monica T.

Amazing service! I couldn't speak higher of this company and its team. I had a sewage overflow in the basement bathroom while I was away for the weekend. When I came home I found the floors covered with all the disgusting materials you can think of (feces, urine, etc.). Keep in mind that my toddler?s playroom is in the basement! The smell was so bad it reached the living room upstairs. I searched on Angie?s List and came across this company. They were the most responsive ones in trying to head out to my house that same day. The project manager (Mr. Pedro Guillen) called me and explained in great detail the clean-up process and options ? he was very patient and able to answer all the questions I had! I am pregnant and was worried about the health consequences of the situation ? and I was desperate to have it cleaned up asap. Mr. Guillen was incredibly flexible and responsive, with fabulous customer service skills. He came after office hours with a team and began the clean-up process. They returned the next day and finished cleaning everything extremely thoroughly. They removed the carpet, cleaned the floor and furniture, put the toys away in boxes, and disinfected the area, brought in fans and all necessary equipment. One of the technicians (Junior is his nickname) was also outstanding, going out of his way to help me bring the toys and other materials upstairs (I can?t carry weight b/c of pregnancy). They left the fans working for a few days and when it finished drying they came and removed all equipment on time. Disaster Response Inc. is an outstanding company to work with ? they have fabulous customer service. They were detailed and thorough in their work, always arrived at the time we agreed, they protected my floors so they wouldn't get dirty while bringing in equipment, and they removed all the trash. Even though they are a large company the service I received was very personable and responsive ? I highly recommend them for any water restoration work of further repair! :)

Description of Work
They cleaned up my basement (including bathroom) after a extreme sewage overflow in the bathroom (which included feces, urine, etc.). They removed the carpet, baseboard, dried the walls, cleaned the floors, furniture, machines. Disinfected the area.

Category upholstery cleaning, water damage restoration

03/24/2015

Cecilia B.

They were on time and explained everything very well to me.

Description of Work
Robert & Pete came into my home, started and finished the water mitigation work.

Category water damage restoration

Dear Member, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you business! Sincerely, Thomas Mitchell

03/21/2015

R Davis T.

Called to have someone come out to look at water damage. They indicated that a technician would call back. No one did. I called again the next day and again they indicated that someone would call me back. No one did. They obviously don't care to be responsive in any professional way.

Description of Work
Asked the provider to come out to look at some water damage and repair.

Category water damage restoration

Dear Member, We are sorry you did not get your free estimate in a timely manor. We hope you were able to resolved your problem successfully. Regards, Tom Mitchell

03/19/2015

Tasha S.

They sucked up water from flood. They took out wet insulation, carpet and padding. They hooked up fans and dehumidifiers. They wiped down the wall with solution to keep it from molding.

Description of Work
Water damage restoration.

03/02/2015

Carol J.

Roy was punctual and polite and addressed the questions of mold and dampness thoroughly. Men were careful and tidy in their work and we are satisfied that our problem has been properly addressed. Final price was 1/3 higher than original ballpark estimate.

Description of Work
Removal of moldy drywall in bathroom ceiling. Containment of bathroom fill leaked fixed by plumber. Dehumidifier and air filtration during repairs.

02/24/2015

Karen M.

Disaster Response was great to work with. We had a really great experience. Our house was very complicated. The whole house needed to be cleaned because of high mold levels. In addition, there were several home improvement tasks that had to be done at the same time. Ron and Jose were great to work with. They were very patient in answering all our questions and working around our schedule. I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
They had to remediation a whole house mold problem we had. This included a special protocol to clean the house, as well as minor home improvement to ensure we don't have future problems.

10/28/2014

Kimberly H.

They responded to our call for the need to check out our Kitchen/Eat-In area ceiling after a huge overflow of the tub in the Master Bedroom above. Water damage covered a large area on the ceiling drywall. Disaster Response responded promptly and scheduled repairs just as quickly. The repairs were done perfectly and the painting was exceptional. We can't tell we ever had any damage at all.

Description of Work
Checked for mold, repaired ceiling drywall, painted with KILLZ and had to repaint entire Kitchen ceiling as there are very few stopping points in this open floor plan.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Dear Angie's List Member, Thank you very much for your superior rating and review. We pride ourselves on providing quality services and appreciate your willingness to share your positive experience on this platform. Please contact us if you have any water damage/mold needs in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Mitchell, President

10/13/2014

Sheila D.

John (account rep) was prompt, responsive and answered all of my questions. I obtained 3 estimates from 3 different companies offering mold remediation service. Although Disaster Response was not the least expensive, I felt this company provided the best value for my job. The two-man crew who performed the work was excellent. Their promptness, attention to detail, and professionalism was superb. The one gentleman (Luis?) who was there all 3 days is a fabulous employee for the company and has an incredible work ethic. He is hard working, efficient, provides attention to detail, and has a sense of loyalty to Disaster Response. I feel he is a true asset to this company and lends to its success. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with Disaster Response.

Description of Work
Removed molded drywall, wood, and carpeting from our basement. Treated and dried the areas.

Category carpet installation, water damage restoration, mold removal

Dear Member, Thank you for your positive review of our service. We are glad you had a good experience with our technicians and we were able to resolve your issue. We see that you gave us a C on pricing and want to address that rating specifically. We use a pricing platform for our services that is approved by virtually every insurance company in our area. We do this to avoid confusion and unneeded stress for our customers, as well as align our pricing with insurance reimbursement rates. We appreciate your business and your willingness to rate our service on Angie's List. Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future should the need arise. Sincerely, Thomas Mitchell President Disaster Response Inc

10/12/2014

Amal A.

They came promptly, I had called other companies, but put on wait list, this is the only company that was willing to come out on the same day. They were professional and explained well.

Description of Work
The company removed water after it flooded, removed carpet pads, installed dryers and dehumidifiers for 5 days.

Category water damage restoration

Dear (member name removed), Thank you so much for your A rating on Angie's List. We are delighted that your service went so well and we were able to resolve your water damage problem promptly. We appreciate your business and your willingness to rate our service on Angie's List. Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future should the need arise. Sincerely, Thomas Mitchell President Disaster Response Inc

Kingstowne Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

Kingstowne Carpet & Rug Cleaning is dedicated to providing the best possible rug cleaning in Alexandria, VA and surrounding areas. We specialize thorough, but gentle cleaning and we use solutions that are safe for kids and pets. We pick up, clean and deliver domestic and imported rugs, taking advantage of our fully-equipped rug cleaning plant! We also provide expert rug re-fringing and repair!

TJ's Home Inspection Service LLC

TJ’s Home Inspection LLC is a certified, disabled-veteran owned limited-liability corporation that is committed to excellence. We are so confident that you will be satisfied with your home inspection that we offer a full money back guarantee with every inspection. Our inspectors are dedicated to making our customers smarter about the mechanics of each home. In short, we don’t just inspect. We educate. Our commitment to our service members and family remains strong. As such, we offer a 15% discount to all veterans with proof of service. We also offer a 10% discount to first time realtors and will honor both simultaneously. Our motto is, "Expect what you inspect."

Oriental Rug Weavers

Purchaser and Seller of New and Antique Rugs of the Highest Quality. Services offered: Insurance Appraisals, Cleaning (hand wash), Repair / Restoration, Re- Sizing, Re-Weaving, Re-Dyeing, Rug Pads (hypo allergenic) , Onsite Design Consultation and more.... We carry beautiful Handmade selection of exquisite Tribal and City Workshop pieces in all sizes. Spectacular Variety of beautiful Traditional and Modern / Contemporary Design Rugs. We Specialize in both New and Antique Rugs of the Highest Quality. Our rugs come from : Iran (Persian), Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Turkey, Tibet, Central Asia (Caucasian), China & India. Affiliation : ASID Industry Partner (American Society of Interior Designers) Onsite Design Consultation is available on request to better help your decorative needs. Rug Padding : Sale & Installation of Top Quality Hypo-Allergenic Rug Pads for all type of surfaces i.e. Hardwood, Carpet, Tiles, Laminate.

2705112817-A
    Virginia
    Contractor
    07/31/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing

Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration, Water & Flood Damage Cleanup, Hail Damage Recovery, Sewage Cleanup, Property Construction, & Insurance Claims.