Anne & Sarah Harrington Long And Foster

Founded 1989 • With Angi since January 2012

309 W Maple Ave

Vienna, VA 22180

Anne and Sarah Harrington are a mother daughter real estate team based out of the Vienna Long and Foster office. For almost 30 years, Anne has been a Realtor who enjoys helping people buy and sell real estate. She was delighted when her daughter, Sarah, joined her over 15 years ago. Combining their considerable skills, they provide top-notch Northern Virginia real estate services to their clients. Anne and Sarah provide the professionalism, integrity, and service that puts them among the top 1% of Realtors in the country. Over the last few years, the majority of Anne and Sarah's business has come from repeat customers and referrals from past clients. The fact that they get so many referrals and have so many loyal clients is due to their extraordinary service and continuing efforts to keep their Northern Virginia clients happy! Above all, it is strong real estate negotiating skills that produce the results Anne and Sarah's clients have come to value. As a former high school teacher in England, Anne knows the importance of education! Anne and Sarah consider it essential to embrace the latest technology and marketing trends and they do this by regularly attending advanced real estate classes and seminars. Anne attained the distinction of the GRI designation from the Graduate Realtors Institute. Anne also earned the Accredited Buyers Representative designation. Sarah has an undergraduate degree from Univ of Virginia & an MBA from George Washington University. After a career in International trade & finance, Sarah decided to join Anne in the Real Estate arena in 2003. Anne & Sarah are committed to providing the highest level of personal real estate services and attention to detail to ensure that each transaction proceeds smoothly to settlement. They put their clients' needs, objectives, and financial interests first. Anne and Sarah are always available to give advice and to answer questions about real estate. Contact: sarah.harrington@cox.net...

05/20/2020

Bryan Y.

Sarah and Anne Harrington are quite possibly the best real estate professionals in the area. They are extremely knowledgeable of the current market, popular neighborhoods, and have established relationships with vendors/services in our area to make the home buying experience easy and enjoyable. Their attention to detail, responsiveness, and unique perspectives was incredible. They really did have our best interests in mind and knew exactly what we were looking for. I believe that is what differentiates them from other real estate professionals. I would recommend Sarah and Anne Harrington to all my family and friends. In the end, they found us our perfect home and we've been loving it ever since!

Description of Work
Real Estate Professionals

11/12/2019

Patricia O.

They knocked themselves out. Inclusive in their services: a floor plan to the inch prepared by an architect; photo tour (photos taken by an excellent professional photographer); gorgeous brochure; excellent pre-sale recommendations to improve the house; the ability to work with the tenant so smoothly that they were able to get in before the house was listed, arrange many buyer prospect visits--all without a hitch; an unmatched network with contractors of all trades who JUMPED when called. The list was much longer. They worked hard and made me feel like I was the only customer they had, which is obviously not true considering the extraordinary amount of houses they sell. I was not well and they took over everything--I don't believe I set foot in the house. Everything was done electronically including settlement. They couldn't have made it easier on me.

Description of Work
Sell my rental house

10/23/2019

Robert B.

Sarah was terrific. She's a great negotiator both on the initial deal and with handling the inevitable issues that arise during a real estate transaction. She was also fantastic in helping us get our home ready for sale. I highly recommend her.

Description of Work
Help buying a home and selling our existing home.

10/21/2019

kathy L.

Anne and Sarah gave us the best advise to help us sell our home. They helped find professionals to help us make small improvements that turned our home into a show room. We had three offers after being on the market for less than a week, two of which were for more than what we were asking. The overall experience of working with Anne and Sarah was hassle free and made it easy to sell our home; not only were we delighted, our buyer was as well.

Description of Work
listed and sold our house

10/20/2019

Deirdre M.

Sarah and Anne Harrington were recommended by a friend. Their expertise with the process was invaluable. We sold in 19 days, they helped us price the house correctly and they were able to negotiate a price that was above our expectations. Sarah and Anne were responsive, punctual and listened to our input and questions. We appreciated their valuable guidance in an important process that we had not been through before ...

Description of Work
Selling our home

10/20/2019

Elan F.

Anne and Sarah are simply the best. They make the whole process as stress free as possible. They are always available to answer questions or help with issues. I would strongly recommend Anne and Sarah to anyone looking to buy or sell a home in their area.

Description of Work
Buy and Sold Home

02/24/2019

J B.

Sarah and Anne helped us purchase our current home and then sell our previous home. They had good advice and access to contractors that could move quickly to ready our previous home for market. They are very responsive and understand the market well.

Description of Work
Purchase/sell home

09/26/2018

Alison H.

Background: I was responsible for selling my deceased sister's home located in Reston, VA while I live in Charlottesville, VA. The home had not been kept up to date either with general maintenance or in its decor. Sarah and Anne provided well-crafted recommendations that helped improve the home and ultimately sell it for the asking price. Timetable: I retained Sarah and Anne Harrington in mid-October 2017 and we closed on the sale Feb. 28, 2018. This exceeded my expectations by several months! Best recommendation: I changed out a basement window to allow egress per fire code and thereby increased the number of bedrooms to four from three. Overall guidance: Sarah and Anne have many reliable contacts to draw on, including experts in tree removal, carpet installation, home staging, painting, termite control, etc. They coordinated the needed repair and refresh activities very capably on my behalf. Their communications were frequent, honest, and encouraging.

Description of Work
Home sale agents, repair and refresh property oversight

09/20/2018

Alice B.

We used Anne and Sarah to sell our house in Fairfax County, Virginia while we were living abroad. They worked with us, our property manager, renters and contractors to get the house ready for the market. We relied on them to make decisions on what needed to be done to best present our house. They worked as a team to make sure all the work was done properly and quickly. We had multiple offers and closed within a month. If we were going to buy or sell in the NOVA area again, I would definitely use them.

Description of Work
Listed and sold our home

09/18/2018

SUSAN V.

Sarah (mostly) and Anne served as both the listing agents for the sale of our old house, and the buyers' agent for the purchase of our condo. They are specialists in the neighborhoods of central Fairfax. As we were preparing to list our home (had signed a listing agreement) Sarah was approached by a potential buyer who was looking for a house like ours. We agreed to show it "as-is" and it was smooth sailing from there on. Sarah and Anne helped us work through price negotiations, inspections, requests from the buyers for work to be done, paperwork, rent-back and closing arrangements, in a way that reduced the work and stress for us. They helped us to find contractors for the tasks that needed to be done. Sarah and Anne were very patient with us as buyers' agents, showing us dozens of homes over more than a year, and when we finally decided to go with a new-build condo, they supported our negotiations with the builder, and made sure the closing went smoothly. I would work with them again, with no concerns. I think Sarah, especially, is very good at "reading" people's priorities and concerns, and smoothing the way for closing a win-win deal.

Description of Work
Needed listing agent to sell our house, and buyer's agent to help us find a new home.

05/08/2018

James M.

We wish to make it know that Anne & Sarah Harrington have proven to be an OUTSTANDING team who handled our home sale with EXTREME efficiency and HIGH professionalism. They proved most helpful in guiding us through the complicated process of downsizing our home belongings, preparing our property for sale, and executing the sale process in a most timely manner. The crew of professional technicians they had at hand to deal with making our house most presentable proved most excellent and resulted in the house being sold on the same day it was listed.

Description of Work
Preperation and sale of primary residence

08/11/2017

Priscilla T.

Perfectly. Better offer than expected.

Description of Work
Selling our home.

07/29/2017

Tykie T.

The entire process took about a year, and Anne and Sarah were involved in both the renovation process and the sale of the house. They had a contractor they worked with, as well as a designer, so I was able to use them and didn't have to look for my own contractor and workmen. When it was necessary, Anne and Sarah got bids for the renovation work. When it came down to selling the house, they took care of everything -- from pricing the house appropriately for the market, deciding on exactly when to put the house on the market, all the advertising and publicity, staging the house, the open houses, contract work, and closing. They were great! They made a difficult process a piece of cake!

Description of Work
Selling my house (and repairing and renovating it prior to the sale)

07/17/2017

Mary A.

Flawlessly... Anne and Sarah were phenomenal!!!

Description of Work
Real Estate Sale

07/17/2017

Michael C.

We hired Anne and Sarah to sell our mom's house which she had lived in for 47 years. They were such a lifesaver and made the entire process easy for us. We took their advice on renovating the home and had them handle all the repairs. What a difference! We were amazed at how great the home looked when they were finished. Sarah was amazing. She oversaw all the contractors and was able to get all the renovations completed on time, keeping us in the loop throughout the entire process. The house sold immediately. We would never have gotten the sales price we did had it not been for Anne and Sarah. What a great team!

Description of Work
Sell our mom's house.

06/29/2017

Tami V.

The home selling process went exceptionally well due to Anne and Sarah's experience, professionalism and hard work. Every time an issue emerged, they were able to resolve it expeditiously. In addition, their recommendations and advice were key to our successful home sale. We can't thank them enough for being there on our behalf.

Description of Work
Selling our home in Fairfax, VA

10/15/2016

Paula P.

We made this sale from overseas and Sarah and Anne made it happen! They were impeccable from start to finish. They got us a great price, always responded promptly, and on several occasions went above and beyond for us. We were also impressed by the number of other professional services they employed in the sale process, including a wonderful staging company, and highly professional marketing materials. We would use them again were we to move back to the area and would unreservedly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Sale of House

10/11/2016

Kimberly C.

Sarah and Anne Harrington provided the most amazing experience for my husband and I, as we are first time home buyers. Sarah aided us through every step of the process, making it as stress free as possible. Sarah is candor about the properties: what makes them special or what should be questioned. Not only did she help us find the perfect first home for our family, she fiercely negotiated to ensure we received the best possible contract and that all of our expectations were met. Sarah exhibits a standard of professionalism and compassion that is unmatched. As long as Sarah and Anne are in the real estate market, I will be referring them forever!

Description of Work
Assisted my husband and I in the process of buying our first home as our real estate agents.

09/28/2016

Zyg P.

Sarah acted as a project manager/ideas person, providing us with suggestions on what work to have performed and forwarding cost estimates to us in Australia which we evaluated and approved and then returned to her to schedule the work. We were very happy with the work suggestions she made and her choice of contractors. She also worked with our tenants to have some of the work done while they were still there, ensuring it didn't disrupt their departure. Because of her scheduling we were able to have the property on the market shortly after our tenants left and then it was sold shortly after the first open house. The Harringtons then worked to ensure that all the closing activities were completed (repairs or compensation after House Inspection for example) to allow for a smooth sale while we remained in Australia. Sarah was easy to work with, prepared to contact us outside Fairfax Business Hours because of the time difference with Australia and happy to be directed via email or phone call. We have no hesitation in recommending the Harringtons for your Real Estate needs in the Northern Virginia Area

Description of Work
My wife and I had known of the Harringtons from the local Mantua community and we presented them with a challenge when we had to sell our home. We are living overseas in Australia and had tenants in our house but had to sell as our employer was relocating us to Houston. Fortunately our tenants were also relocating so we had a window of opportunity to freshen up the house prior to the sale.

09/20/2016

Janet C.

Very impressed with Sarah and Anne. Although based in Fairfax Virginia and the majority of their sales in and around that area, they were familiar with Arlington County which certainly helped speed the sale of my condo. My condo had been empty for some time and Sarah and Anne came in and took care of everything to prepare for the sale. the staging they arranged was very tasteful and efficiently handled. Minor maintenance issues were also efficiently and effectively managed. Once the condo was officially on the market it was under contract within 2 weeks. Obviously, I couldnt be more pleased with this outcome. Settlement process was also handled very professionally and the follow up during the whole processes was great. I am extremely happy to recommend Sarah and Anne Harrington to represent sellers during this process.

Description of Work
Listed and sold my Condo Arranged for clean up and maintenance issues to be efficiently resolved Tasteful staging of the condo to show it to best advantage Excellent communication throughout the process from start to final settlement

09/09/2016

Carl & Mary E.

Closing was on agreed date/time. Suggest the agents advice be followed pretty close whether a buyer or seller. They are the ones keeping current in market trends.

Description of Work
Very professional. Vast knowledge of the current real estate market. Provided outstanding listing service. Please call or email.

09/07/2016

Russell B.

It was a pleasure working with Anne and Sarah to sell our home. They gave us good advice on pricing, held multiple open houses, and worked closely with us at all stages of the process. We were fortunate to get a couple of offers, and Anne and Sarah gave us excellent guidance in evaluating them and making counter-offers. They kept in touch with us through the home inspection and the closing. They also had some great referrals for services we needed to meet the inspection conditions and for moving. All in all, they are true professionals who know the market and the sale process inside and out.

Description of Work
Listed and sold our home.

Jennifer B.

I feel so lucky that I found Sarah Harrington, and she helped us find our home! We are a military family who were moving from Florida to Northern Virginia. I was initially looking at the Mantua area, and Sarah and Anne are residents of that area. Sarah immediately began searching for homes for us, and she provided us with tons of information on the area. After talking with friends and further research, we decided on a different area in Northern Virginia. She had no problem switching areas and on a very short 3 day visit, she helped us find our home! She was always very responsive, and she was a great advocate during the purchase process. I always felt safe knowing that she had our best interests at heart, and she was going to use her experience and knowledge to get us the best deal. Best of all, I now consider her a friend! I highly recommend the team of Sarah and Anne Harrington whether you are buying or selling your home. Their experience, knowledge, and sincere desire to help make them the best real estate agents. Although I hope to not move again for a very long time, if I do I know I will use them to list my house!

Description of Work
We needed assistance finding and purchasing a home on a very short time schedule in Northern Virginia.

Andrew D.

Working with the Harrington's will put you in the absolute best hands there are in the real estate world. They were always available to discuss and help us through the process, and provided helpful recommendations and advise. The absolute best knowledge of the community and surrounding areas, with great ability to assess and read the market. If you have the pleasure of working with them you will not be disappointed, Straight A's, A+ if possible to give on Angies' list.

Description of Work
Buyer's agent: Assisted my families' transition into a fantastic neighborhood, and steered us clear of places that looked good on the outside but were not a good fit. Provided excellent advise and guidance in the complete process, let them "drive" extremely competent.

m phillip K.

After two other "large exposure" brokers failed to produce a buyer and many wasted months, I selected Anne and Sarah for their personalized attention to the home listing. Sarah was diligent in pursuing buyers. Each prospect was given her personal time and skilled salesmanship and produced a buyer. Thanks to both of them for helping us sell a unique property!

Description of Work
Sold my home after 2 other Realtors failed to do so. Their personal dedication and sales skills found and closed a buyer!

Dianne Hansen

Consistent Super Service Award winner. Local Real Estate Expertise. Specializing in Fairfax County. Professional Assistance for all your Buying and Selling Real Estate needs. Free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), insight to the current market and best strategies for a smooth transaction. See article published by Angie's List: http://www.angieslist.com/articles/5-tips-easy-home-closing.htm. If you're looking to move out of state, let us help you find an experienced agent to make your transition a good one! Please call or email if you are interested in buying or selling a home in the Northern Virginia area. Honest, ethical and responsive service to help you buy or sell a home. Whether you're a first time buyer or experienced homeowner, we would be happy to guide you through the newest housing requirements as smoothly as possible. I have more than 15 years experience in Northern VA real estate and look forward to working with you to meet your goals. I don't just sell houses, I help you get where you want to be - Start to finish management of Trusts/Estates. Hand us the keys and tell us your budget, we will take care of all the details and sell your home for the maximum price. Trustworthy representation for out of state families. - New home buyers expertise, learn how to negotiate with the builders - How to market your home with the best pictures, presentation and timing - Buy your next home with a strategy that will make your move as smooth as possible 703-819-7779 Dianne.Hansen@penfedrealty.com

Keller Williams - Tim Pierson Home Sales Team

Real Estate consulting and sales services including helping buyers, sellers, investors, builders, estates, downsizing, upscaling in all matters related to buying and selling real estate. Our mission is to help people use real estate to achieve their long-term personal and financial goals. We work to make sure your best interests are represented when buying or selling your home to help you get further faster in life.

Real Estate Agents, Relocation specialists, Real estate investments, New home sales.

Ask for details.