AFFORDABLE LAWN SPRINKLERS & LIGHTING

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2008

133 PATRICK ST SE

Vienna, VA 22180

Affordable Lawn Sprinklers and Lighting is a lawn sprinkler, landscape lighting, and artificial turf company in Northern Virginia and the DC Metro Area. We are family-owned and operated and have been in business since 2002. We are Class A licensed contractors #2705090653A and are fully insured.
Artificial Turf Installation project
Artificial Turf Installation

lawn & landscaping

202122101

08/11/2021

Charles E.

Great experience from the initial consultation up to the installation. Steve answered all my questions quickly, Joe kept me in the loop on when the installation would happen and then the crew that came out did a terrific job on a fairly large project with 8 zones. I like the phone app that controls the watering system as it makes it so easy to program and schedule.

Description of Work
Installation of in-ground sprinkler system

07/02/2021

Sam L.

We hired Affordable Lawn Sprinklers and Lighting at the recommendation of our patio contractor, in connection with the reconstruction of our front entryway. We wanted accent lights installed into the hardscape. From beginning to end, our experience was fabulous. Ryan came out and walked through the project, giving recommendations for what type of light would look the best and offering a couple of options. He was quick to respond to questions, and quick to adjust quotes as needed. The installation went very smoothly. On the day of the job, the installers gave me the choice to make a final tweak - which I did. The equipment was placed where I wanted, well installed and clearly explained. Our otherwise modest house looks absolutely beautiful at night. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Landscape lighting

Category outdoor lighting

06/04/2021

Charles M.

Although I am capable of performing irrigation system repairs myself, I prefer to pay someone to do it because of the time involved. However, that company must demonstrate that it is reliable and trustworthy, and that it provides quality work at a fair and reasonable price. After determining where the leak in my system was coming from (at the bottom of one of the valves), I telephoned Affordable Lawn Sprinkler's and Lighting (ALSL) and explained to the person who answered the phone, Alejandra, what needed to be done to my system. Specifically, one valve within a box of four valves leaks and needs replacement. However, I was aware that due to the manifold setup within the box, all four valves might require replacement since removal of the one valve may require rebuilding of the entire manifold that’s attached to the four valves. I told the Alejandra that I had avoided using ALSL in the past because of their business model requiring up-front payment for a service call. However, she said in this case, she would send a technician to conduct a repair and that I could then pay for services rendered. On this basis, I agreed to the service call and an estimate was never mentioned. As the technicians arrived at my house on May 13 at 9:52 AM, I was outside to greet and lead them to the valve box with the leaking valve. Despite telling them where the leak was located (at the bottom of the valve), the lead technician insisted that I go inside to open the system’s valve. I went inside, opened the valve, and went back outside. The tech immediately told me to go back inside to close the valve, so I did so. Upon returning, I was informed that the valve was leaking underneath the valve, exactly as I had said. He added that they would have to give me an estimate for the cost of the repair because the entire manifold and all four valves would have to be replaced (as I suspected), and it was more work than they could do that day. I then asked if they could at least do some work since they were already here and I was expecting a repair, but I was told no. This seemed unreasonable because I picked a day for the appointment that I was off from work (which is difficult to do), it wasn’t what I was told when I made the appointment, two workers were present, I had already dug out the entire front of the valve box myself, and even if they didn’t complete the work that day, at least part of the repair would have been done, leaving my system in better condition than it was in when they arrived because it is already disabled due to the leak. Instead, I got nothing. I therefore told them that in their estimate, to at least include the price of a premanufactured manifold that allows the replacement of individual valves if and when the need arises in the future. Per my security video system, they were on my property for just 11 minutes; at the valve box for 9 minutes; 6 minutes of which was spent waiting for me to open and then close the main system valve. The next day, I received an estimate from them via email for $692.75. It showed that their rep estimated four labor-hours of work at $110 per labor-hour ($440) which is double what it should actually take. Furthermore, the estimate didn’t include the cost of a premanufactured manifold as I requested. Since I wasn’t getting what I wanted at a reasonable cost, I decided to do the repair myself. Then on May 19, I received a bill from ALSL for $140 for the estimate which included a stated 45 minutes of labor when no labor whatsoever was performed, even after I specifically requested it; when I made the appointment and when the 2 techs were on-site. I never agreed to pay them for an estimate; rather I agreed to pay them for labor that their technicians refused to provide. Furthermore, a note on the bill, “NOTE: THE CUSTOMER'S WIFE IS NOT IN HOME TO PAY SO PLEASE SEND THE BILL" is bogus as well. I am "the customer", I met with and spoke to the technicians myself, and my “wife” was never mentioned – nor was a charge. I informed them on May 28 that since they sent a bill, I needed from them either: 1) a new statement showing a zero balance, or 2) $140-worth of labor to be performed. To date, I have received nothing except two bills saying I owe them $140.

Description of Work
Leaking irrigation system valve

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

05/28/2021

Mike H.

Great job. Efficient and conscientious.

Description of Work
Expanded sprinkler system by adding 3 new zones.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

01/28/2021

Heather L.

Great. At first the lighting wasn’t bright enough for me. Affordable Lawn Sprinklers & Lighting came out at night to get a better feel of where we needed more light. They immediately had a solution so within days they came back and my backyard is now well lit.

Description of Work
Lighting in my backyard

Category lighting

08/20/2020

Christina A.

They were recommended by a company we used for some drainage issues. Effortless experience. They arrived shortly after we reached out to them and quickly returned with a quote. Entirely touchless, we were able to agree to the job, make some changes via their website, and that part was settled. As scheduled, their team arrived and knocked out the job incredibly quickly while leaving almost no trace that they had buried sprinkler lines. Everything has worked flawlessly since day one, and I love being able to manage the sprinkler via my phone. 5 zones with total of 21 sprinkler heads. Love it!

Description of Work
5 Zones with 21 sprinkler heads

08/12/2020

Adam S.

It went great! The guys showed up early on the day of the install, and got to work right away. They did a great job and worked really hard. I had some questions along the way, and the company was totally responsive and accommodating. I would 100% recommend Affordable to anyone looking to install an irrigation system. (I selected "N/A" for price because this is the company my parents used and they are happy, so I only got the one estimate -- but for me, it is WELL worth the price!)

Description of Work
Irrigation system installation

07/24/2020

Jared A.

Affordable was great - Reed answered our questions during the consultation, Alvaro helped schedule the visit quickly, and the installers were very fast and professional workers. Great experience !

Description of Work
Installation of two additional zones

07/22/2020

Matthew B.

Most people think you need to build a pool or outdoor kitchen to transform a backyard into something special. Those this don’t hurt but if you hire Reed Libby your yard will experience a wonderful transformation. Professional and personal, Reed and his staff were the perfect choice. There is a completely different feel to my home. I heard of Reed and his company through the recommendations of two very trusted sources. I am now a third voice and will gladly put my own reputation out there as Reed’s advocate for anyone that wants the lights turned on. Masterful!

Description of Work
Needed up lighting for dark backyard

Category lighting, drain pipe

06/30/2020

Yeison M.

WOW AND AMAZED, what a great group of professionals. That’s the first thing that comes to our minds when we think about our experience with Affordable Lawn Sprinklers & Lightning. This amazing process began from the moment we received our fair and COMPETITIVE quote, to the final walk-through with the site supervisor (Oscar) to ensure we were happy with their specific placement of the different zones & sprinkler heads watering areas. The office staff was very pleasant and responsive; however, to us, it really came down to the actual work onsite. The crew blew us away on how respectful they were to us and our property, they are competent, and how quickly with minimal negative impact on our already full grown garden and trees, they were able to get the job done. The crew worked in a very systematic and strategic way to finish our entire project, 10 ZONES, in just one & half days, AMAZING! I am a licensed real estate agent, my better half is an experienced gardener and we both were VERY IMPRESSED by the quality and carefulness they payed towards our existing plants, lawn and existing landscaping lighting. I will definitely recommend them to anyone who needs their services. And without a doubt, I will be recommending them to all my family, friends and clients as well. THANK YOU ALL for making this big project a very satisfying experience. BRAVO 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Description of Work
Underground Sprinkler System

Category irrigation systems, lighting, plumbing, outdoor lighting

06/12/2020

Jeffrey J.

From the proposal process through installation, Affordable Lawn Sprinklers was an excellent company to work with. They were highly engaged and communicative offering the most detailed proposal coupled with a quote that was on average with the others. The combination of proposal quality and average quote gave me comfort in using them. I am glad I did, as the installation team was excellent and delivered a quality 7 zone system. After install they showed me how to use the system, gave advice on scheduling and did great repair work on disturbed ground. No trash left! I am very happy with them and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
New sprinkler system

05/28/2020

Jim S.

These guys are outliers...meaning, they do what they say they will at the price they quote. Reed, the owner, came out to our home, listened to our needs, and created a detailed estimate within 10 minutes of our meeting ending. Given the pandemic, our family, like many, is cutting back on expenses where possible. To that end, Reed worked with us on revising the scope of the original work order to accommodate our 'budget'! Can't say enough good things about Reed and his crew.

Description of Work
updating some landscape lighting

Category lighting

05/01/2020

Guy B.

It went very well I am very satisfied

Description of Work
Install complete lawn irrigation

04/12/2020

Lisa K.

I switched from the company that did my original install to Affordable. The company that did the install seemed to lose interest in service and any work required to ensure the system is properly watering all parts of the yard. I called Affordable out of frustration and they couldn’t be easier to work with. Last fall and especially yesterday they took time to answer questions and make sure the system is being maintained properly. I worked with Oswaldo yesterday to turn on and he listened to my concerns about where I thought the sprinklers needed to be adjusted, fixed it and and also gave me advice for what to look for if they need to be serviced later once the summer gets hot. He was super diligent about distancing and friendly too. Very happy.

Description of Work
Turn on in spring and turn off in fall service

10/30/2019

Vince P.

Work was completed. Many leaks over the years. 8 so far. 3 just this year. Either installation techniques are bad or the quality of the materials are bad, or both. Customer service has not been satisfying either.

Description of Work
Install irrigation system.

08/26/2019

Roger S.

They fixed everything promptly and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Irrigation System Repair & New Controller

08/19/2019

Louise E.

This was a complex job, which combined Rachio 3 smart controllers with back flow and soil sensors. The company had a hard time figuring out how to install the soil sensors, and when they were trying to figure this out they suggested that I delete the soil sensors. I refused, and they ultimately figured out how to make the soil sensors work. Without telling me, the crew did not initially replace the underground hose that connected PVC pipes to the heads, although that was required by the contract. I noticed and called the office, and the owners sent a team to replace those hoses. Similarly, when I noticed that some of the newly-installed hoses were exposed and called, the office immediately sent someone to bury those hoses.

Description of Work
Upgrade and replace parts in large existing sprinkler system

07/09/2019

Stephen L.

Service and quality of work was outstanding. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Irrigation install and follow ups

05/24/2019

Elizabeth K.

The team arrived well ahead of time. The foreman explained the steps to be performed and was very patient with my indecisiveness as to where to place the sprinkler heads. Once I signed off on the plan, the team worked rapidly. The installation was completed in four hours. The workmanship was fantastic - I couldn’t tell that they had dug up the lawn and they cleaned up the side walk thoroughly. The foreman took me through a final walkthrough and showed me how to set up the Rachio controller on my phone. Am very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Irrigation system installation

04/22/2019

Jason M.

Excellent work. Very responsive. Totally punctual. And post-install service is taken very seriously. These folks were fantastic. If you want a sprinkler system, this is a great choice.

Description of Work
Install sprinklers

Category irrigation systems

Thank you for sharing these positive words!

10/22/2018

Juliet S.

As they suggested, we called quite a while ago to make this appointment so that we could get it done fairly early in the fall. We had a Monday appointment. We received a call over the weekend to remind us, which I think is great. They showed up as scheduled. The work took 30-45 minutes. As always, the person who was here explained everything we needed to know about what they had done. We are very pleased with our sprinkler system and with our interactions with Affordable Lawn Sprinklers. I think you will be pleased if you try them. They are very busy though, so call as far ahead as possible so that you can get your work done at the time you prefer. So far, we have not had to call for any unexpected reasons. I'm guessing if there were a problem, they would come out more quickly.

Description of Work
Today they came out to prepare my sprinkler system for winter.

Category irrigation systems

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts. We are grateful for clients like you!

09/29/2018

Jeff R.

Excellent sprinkler installation and customer service from Affordable Lawn Sprinklers and Lighting! I selected this company based on their positive reviews, and the recommendation of a co-worker who was very pleased with their service. My personal experience with all aspects of the process was excellent, and I would highly recommend this company for this service.

Description of Work
Sprinkler System Installation

Category irrigation systems

Thanks for your excellent review and for sharing your experience with family, friends, and neighbors!

08/11/2018

Becka L.

Perfect. Everything went according to schedule. After installation we noticed a glitch with one of the sprinklers and the line to the bird bath. One phone call and a date was scheduled -- and met -- to address the issues. Also during that visit, questions were answered and adjustments made. Fairfax County inspected the installation on August 10 and it passed with no issues.

Description of Work
Installation of water sprinkler system for lawn and bird bath.

Category irrigation systems

Thanks for this terrific review! We are grateful that you took the time to share

07/13/2018

Brian C.

Everything went great. I called first and they gave me a general estimate to make sure i still wanted to go ahead with an in person review and estimate. When they came for the estimate, the work, and the follow up everyone was on time, knowledgeable, professional, and nice. I am writing the review only three weeks in, but so far everything works great and we are incredibly happy.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system

Category irrigation systems

Excellent review. We are incredibly happy that you are incredibly happy. Thanks for sharing!

06/25/2018

Juliet S.

Because spring is a busy season for sprinkler systems, we were not able to get an installation date until May. It had rained continuously for quite a while before our date, but on the day, it was not raining. When the crew arrived (I was not home) the person in charge suggested that we didn't want to have it don't that day because there would be significant damage to the yard because of the saturated ground, So my husband agreed to postpone it. When I called to reschedule, the person I spoke to said "I understand you didn't want to have it done on the original date because of the wet ground." I said no, that their person had told my husband.... He seemed quite surprised. I was very disappointed that rather than pushing all jobs down a a day, they scheduled us at their next opening, which was at least good 2 weeks after the initial date. On that date they arrived early and finished very, very quickly. One of the men gave us a primer on how to use the system. We then set up an appointment for a walk-through a couple of weeks later after we had had time to see how things went. On that date we received some written information, and walk around to explain the needs of the different zones, and detailed information on how the system worked. it was very thorough. Shortly thereafter I was surprised to get an email saying that it was our job to arrange for the final county inspection to approve the system. This makes sense, I suppose, since we would have to be here to let them see the water connections inside the house. The inspector had one issue with the job, which, I believe turned out to be incorrect. Everything is fine. The system works fine, my yard looks great, and I love that I am no longer hauling hoses all over the place and making 100 trips outside to turn water on and off. Contacting this company is slightly annoying as it seems like you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back.

Description of Work
I wanted a sprinkler system for my grass and beds

Category irrigation systems

Thank you for your honest and thorough review. We are thrilled that you've given us great grades on quality, price, punctuality, and professionalism. Thank you for your candor on call-back time. We are striving to move that to an A. Thanks!

J Reynolds Landscaping

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience.

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Premium Drainage & Erosion Solutions

If you're looking for honesty and quality workmanship, you've come to the right place. Our specialty is drainage and landscaping, but whether a property needs storm drains, french drains, sump pumps, grading, leveling, excavation, patios, creative guttering for water removal or landscaping, we do all of the above with guaranteed results! Get in touch today for a consultation, and help us help you come up with the perfect drainage solution for your home or business!

Award 2022
    Virginia
    Virginia: Contractors
    12/31/2022
    Free estimates for new installations
    Check, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Artificial Turf, Fake Turf, Synthetic Grass, Lawn Sprinklers, Lawn Irrigation, Outdoor Lighting, Landscape Lighting, Sprinkler Winterization, Sprinkler Spring turn-on, Sprinkler and Lighting Maintenance, and Backflow Testing