Advance Construction Concepts

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2007

Advance Construction Concepts is a MULTI-AWARD (Angies List, Houzz, Other) winning company that was established to offer our customers creative design and construction services at a professional level that they deserve. We concentrate on Kitchen and Bath remodeling, Basement Completion, Wall Removals, and Water Management / French Drains. See project pictures on our profile below. View our YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_oOOuVbWfY...

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+41 more images

home remodeling202022015
Expanded the master bath by combining the existing master bath with the adjacent hallway. Also completely remodeling the whole space into a stand-up shower, stand alone tub and a double vanity.
K's Master Bath Project project

202022015
Designer Kitchen in Aldie project
Designer Kitchen in Aldie

202120105
Marble Dream Bath project
Marble Dream Bath

202020150

home remodeling (48)electrician (23)drywall (22)plumbers (19)lighting (18)tile installation (16)woodworking (15)interior painting (14)countertop installation (14)marble & granite (10)door installation (9)basement remodeling (8)

08/21/2022

Sandra M.

Al and his crew particularly Shawn were the dream team. Came in near budget, was quick to respond and address any concern , and make requested recommendations. The entire project was completed within 10 days! They cleaned as they went and were respectful of our time . The end results showed the professional touch and met or exceeded our expectations! Would not hesitate to hire for future projects.

Description of Work
Guest bathroom renovation , mounted a large tv on a wall and added recessed lighting to our kitchen

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/21/2022

It was such a pleasure to renovate your bathroom and living room with great design and selection by you, and the fantastic support you provided for this project and our staff. Appreciate everything !!! Best, ACC Team

03/20/2022

Mark T.

Wow! Advance Construction Concepts is the best contractor I've ever had on a home renovation project. Al and his team not only delivered flawless, quality work, but brought design recommendations (and addressed other issues that surfaced during renovation, like waterproofing) that we wouldn't have thought of on our own. The price was kept to a reasonable amount, and the team committed to having everything done as quickly as possible. I've already referred this firm to a friend, and will continue to do so going forward!

Description of Work
basement renovation

Category interior designers, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/15/2022

Thanks for all your kind words and review. We appreciate it MUCH !! It was a pleasure to be able to deliver quality work to your likings. Thanks again, ACC Team

03/14/2022

Michelle M.

We started with a design that Al then refined, after working with us about how we actually use (and want to use) our kitchen and to match his recommended cabinet makers' specs. He made sure both my and my husband's voices were heard in this design as well as during material selection. He was frank about where to splurge and where to save. His polite, professional team showed up On Time Every Day and they finished the project one day earlier than expected, despite some supply chain hiccups outside of their control. They were kind to our dog, cleaned up every day, and truly cared about their work and our satisfaction. I recommend this company, no reservations or caveats.

Description of Work
We hired Al and his team to renovate the modest 1980s-era kitchen in our 1950s house.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/10/2022

It was such a pleasure to complete this cute but functional kitchen project for the M. family, and the great support they provided to this project and our staff. Appreciate everything !!! Best, ACC Team

02/01/2022

Javier A.

Excellent! Choosing Advance Construction Concepts was the best decision. I couldn't be happier with the product. Al and his team did a fantastic job and were accommodating to any changes I requested while the work was being performed. The team was punctual and friendly and Al was there on a daily basis to ensure my needs were met. I highly recommend this company and will use them in the future for any additional renovations.

Description of Work
Basement Bar, Media Room, and Gym

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

It was such a pleasure to complete this basement project for [Member Name Removed] family with a great design taste/concepts, and the fantastic support they provided for this project and our staff. Appreciate everything !!! Best, ACC Team

10/26/2021

Michael G.

Very well. Highly recommend Advance Construction Concepts.

Description of Work
Kitchen refurbishing: painting, new counter, tile work, oven installed, new sink and faucets, cabinets restored.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/04/2021

Thanks a lot for the kind words, and it was an honor to provide our services to such great people as you both !!! Best, ACC Team

07/21/2021

Karin N.

Al and his team of professional builders were superb, conscientious, trustworthy and knowledgeable. They accommodated our timing needs without compromising the quality of their work. They were dedicated and stayed present until the very end of the project - not common with contractors who often work several projects at a time. Our 200+ year old had special requirements that they researched for us, allowing us to work in collaboration with their expertise to make the right choices on building materials and process. Our new bathroom and shower; updated living area; and expanded internal footprint are the envy of our neighbors! We are already looking for new house renovation projects so we can hire them again!

Description of Work
Renovation of our Historic Home

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, glass repair, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Review for Advance Construction Concepts - 10721 Hunters Pl, Vienna, VA - 39411772

Thanks a lot for the kind words, and very glad to see you guys are happy with our work. Best, ACC Team

07/10/2021

Marcel D.

Contractor did an outstanding job adding a 1/2 bath, and renovated 3 bathrooms. Performed new plumbing and electrical and mechanical works. Assist Ed with design, and local permit approvals, and inspections.

Description of Work
Added 1/2 Bath and remodeled bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, glass repair, hauling services, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

07/06/2021

Jane G.

We used Al previously for a major home addition and were very happy with the results, so it was a no-brainer to contact him for this. As usual, he is very conscientious and detail-oriented. The work started on time and the work areas were cleaned up at the end of each day. The butcher block table that was custom built for our kitchen is wonderful and he did an excellent job of replacing a large sliding window with two double hung windows and it looks very nice. He also took care of several small details that came up that other contractors would probably have made a point of charging extra for (there was a little bit of grumbling though :>)). The installation of the new skylight in the living room was really outstanding. New recessed lighting installed with dimmer switches and works great. Replaced old, clunky bifold doors on pantry and coat closets with nice white sliding doors that work great and look much nicer. All drywall work was finished professionally and painted. Removed wood panelling on one large cinderblock wall in basement and installed new drywall on both sided of the wall; also replaced old pocket door with a standard door. Some of the work resulted in exposed sections of floor (not technically included in the contract) but they used some leftover vinyl we had to patch and even matched the pattern so you can hardly tell it was patched. We are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
We had three areas worked on: new window, new pantry/closet doors, and new built-in table in kitchen; new skylight and recessed lighting in living room; and removed old wood panelling on walls and replaced with new drywall, installed new recessed lights, replaced door, and painted surfaces as needed in basement/rec room.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

Review for Advance Construction Concepts - 10721 Hunters Pl, Vienna, VA - 39394345

Thanks for your kind review. Appreciate it very much !! Hope you enjoy the new renovations. Best, ACC Team

10/26/2020

Meg B.

They did very well, happy with the service and very responsive.

Description of Work
They did some plumbing for me and fixed the main leaked on my house.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

It was a great experience for us also. Thanks a lot, ACC Team

10/26/2020

Kendel P.

It was phenomenal, professional, confident and very respectful.

Description of Work
They renovated our master bedroom and bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

It was a pleasure doing work for fantastic people. Best to you all, ACC Team

10/21/2020

Brian M.

We hired Advance Construction Concepts to repair a major structural issue with our home and were really glad to have found them. An exterior wall with a large picture window started to show some worrying issues, prompting us to reach out to some contractors to assess whether we had a structural concern. Al responded quickly and came out the next day. He was incredibly thorough in explaining the potential issues and identified a number of options to address. Throughout the entire process he was incredibly cost conscious and prompt with communication about what was happening with the project. In opening up the wall they discovered water damage and the need to replace a major beam over our window supporting the second floor and provide addition support along much of the wall. Al and his team worked quickly to repair the damage, made sure we had confidence that the issue was addressed and the structure now safe, and were in and out in under a week despite doing significant repairs. We were incredibly impressed with the communication, and when we pointed things out they quickly addressed them. They were also very conscious of minimizing the impact on our family since we all had to be home with small children throughout the process. Great to work with and I would definitely reach out to them again on future projects.

Description of Work
Repair Structural Issue with Exterior Wall

Category drywall, picture framing, garage builders, woodworking, structural engineer

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

Thanks for all your kind words. It was a pleasure for us to be able to remedy the structural issues to safety. Thanks a bunch from ACC Team

10/18/2020

Melinda B.

Al and his team were absolutely wonderful. I kept adding things to the list, and he kept giving me fair estimates and always stayed on target, bid and price-wise. He was prompt, and he and I worked on every systems-engineering problem until satisfactory completion. We had an old house built in 1895, and thus, we had many issues due to old wiring and complicated construction issues; Al deftly handled them all. I have recommended him to everyone I know. I found his estimates fair and reasonable (and often the best!) when compared to several other contractors. He was also willing to say when he wasn’t an expert in a certain area, and then direct me to others that would suit my needs. Overall, I give Al a 10 out of 10!! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Bathroom addition and other home renovations to open up an old space

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

It was a pleasure doing work for you all, and an adventure working on that old house with character. Best to you all, ACC Team

12/20/2019

Ed R.

We are extremely satisfied with the level of workmanship performed by the Advance Construction Concepts crew. They were very careful to keep the amount of work related noise and dust to an absolute minimum. Also, they worked tirelessly on many days well into the early evenings. They even worked on two Saturdays and one Sunday. As a result, the entire repair and remodeling of our master bathroom was completed in less than three weeks, which was ahead of schedule. In addition, we could not be more pleased with how the Contractor, Al Honarvar, interacted with us. He provided excellent advice and product recommendations. Moreover, he kept us well informed of the how the job was progressing and kept us in the loop with regard to product and design issues. As a result, the “new” master bathroom turned out much better than originally envisioned. Lastly, Mr. Honarvar was able to keep the overall cost of the project within the agreed estimate. We believe we could not have chosen a better company to perform the needed repairs and remodel our master bathroom. In our opinion, they justifiably deserve the highest recommendation possible.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking shower drain damage to family room & remodeled master bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

It was an absolute pleasure to provide our services for such honorable people like you. Glad you like the end product. Thanks for everything !!!!! ACC Team

09/26/2019

Liz H.

We love Al and his team. They renovated 3 bathrooms and built a deck for us. We love them so much that when we decided to renovate the bathroom in the basement we called them immediately! Their work is amazing and we got a lot of quotes and they were the best. Al put in a floor in one of our showers. I didn’t live it but said it was ok. Al was not ok and said I need you to love it. He ripped it up and did it with different tiles. He works with you and explains everything. He is also a great person and after two months of him working at our house we still loved him! I highly recommend him!!!!!

Description of Work
Bathrooms remodeling, porch, wall removals

Category woodworking, structural engineer, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

It was such a pleasure to provide our services. Thanks for your business, support and friendship !! We all appreciate it a lot !!!. ACC Team

09/18/2019

MARGARET H.

I highly recommend Al and Advance Construction Concepts without hesitation. Based on a recommendation from a friend, I worked with Al to complete renovations on a 100 year old house, including two bathrooms, new floors and windows, building out a walk in closet, removing a wall and moving others to enlarge both bathrooms, adding recessed lights, plus some exterior work, and painting inside and out. Throughout, Al was very communicative and responsive, and was personally on site every day to oversee the work. He laid out a detailed proposal, and his prices are less expensive than other contractors. Because of this, I was able to accomplish more with my budget than I had anticipated. Al pays close attention to staying on budget and even cautions you when you’re making expensive choices, such as fancy tile or fixtures. Also of note, the work was completed in 5 weeks, even though I added scope towards the end. This is not a company that you have to pester to finish the last 20 percent. Al’s attention to detail, good humor, and honest approach made the whole project and process enjoyable, and the end result is beautiful. I would happily work with Al and Advance again.

Description of Work
Remodeled several areas of my home

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

I am speechless with all these nice remarks. I appreciate it a lot. I also want to thank you for your business, support and very nice and up to date taste that also taught us quite a few things !! Thanks again, ACC Team

06/02/2019

Katherine B.

Al and his team were excellent. Construction Concepts remodeled my kitchen several years ago. The project went without a hitch and I have had no problems with any of the work. The kitchen looks still looks stunning. Subsequently, ACC did work of similar excellent quality for a friend. So when I decided earlier this year to do a major renovation of my bathroom, there was no question about who I would call. The project was extensive, undoing a previous conversion of a two bedroom unit to a one bedroom with a spa bath. The spa bath was completely removed, new tub w/shower, tile, vanity, all the plumbing updated, new lights installed, the 2nd bedroom wall reframed, including a closet and a wash/drier cubby, painting and previously unknown problems fixed. I was out of town for most of the work and Al kept me well informed of the progress and any issues that came up. The work was completed on time with great attention to detail. I highly recommend ACC.

Description of Work
An outdated bathroom needed to be replaced

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

Thank you very much for your kind words. We loved working on your projects, specially having you as a returned customer. It means a lot to us. Thanks for your business and all your support. ACC Team

05/29/2019

Joshua S.

We are very happy with the work that Al and his team did. The team turned our dingy basement, which had built as sort of an au pair suite, into a very functional space. This included ripping out the existing kitchen to create a big living- / playroom; completely remodeling a bathroom; creating a laundry closet; building desks; painting walls; all of the associated plumbing and electrical work; installing and painting new doors; and a number of other things. Al and his team also fixed things as they came across them, even though they weren't part of his original charge, like leveling our front steps. He was in constant contact with me with lots of updates, and worked well with the interior design firm we hired.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] !!! It was our pleasure to complete your projects. I hope you enjoy your new home !!! ACC Team

05/09/2019

Akilah G.

Advance Construction Concepts performed the restoration/remodeling of my home (drywall, painting, hardwood flooring, recess lighting, kitchen cabinets, countertops, backsplash, and open floor concept - removed dividing wall) after my home was damaged due to a pipe break/water damage that affected the upper and lower level of my home. Al was very professional, responsive, and patient during the repair of my home. He explained the scope of the work, provided a timeframe, estimate, and walked me through every step of the process (regular updates, project status, pictures, etc.). He made me feel comfortable and at ease during a time of stress and worry from being displaced from my home. The work performed exceeded my expectations and was completed on time as promised. I have a brand new home. His work is exemplary! I highly recommend Advanced Construction Concepts and I would hire this company again.

Description of Work
Home restoration/remodeling

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/25/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure for us to serve you. We very much enjoyed completing your remodeling and restoration projects, due to the fact that you have great taste in designing your spaces and also provided us with a lot of support that made the work a lot easier for us. Thanks a lot and the best for you and your family, ACC team

01/08/2019

Scott G.

Terrific professional. On time, knowledgeable and frank. Will work with them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Quote and home maintenance evaluation

Category drywall, picture framing, siding

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

Thanks for the kind remarks. It was our pleasure to provide advices. Best regards, ACC Team

10/12/2018

Ann Marie H.

This was my third time working with Al, and each install/remodel has been a great experience. This smaller job included hours of hanging mirrors, art, installing an overhead fixture, and installing large shelves. Al is timely, professional, and generous. 10/10 recommend Al and his team for a professional job at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Hanging and Installation

Category picture framing

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work for you all. We are glad to see you happy about the job, and we do appreciate your kind words. Wish you all the best, ACC Team.

09/21/2018

William K.

I don't know where to begin. I love Al and his team. They were punctual, polite, clean, thoughtful and mindful of my house and its contents as they did their work. Speaking of their work, it was perfect. They removed a load bearing wall to create more open space in my dining room and living room. I can't believe that they put the main structure up in four hours and had it speckled and prepped, ready for paint the next day. They were incredibly quick, with the recessed lighting as well. In addition, they went above and beyond the call of duty by fixing some holes and other imperfections in my walls and ceilings at no charge. And that's because they love their work. I get amazed by the finished product. They matched the pain, and my walls and lights look like they came with the house. Absolutely perfect, at a great cost and fast timing. They promised 5 days and they got it done in 4 1/2. The best part of the work is working with Al. He's fun to be with, flexible, easy to work with and he has great ideas for the house and offered a lot of do it yourself tips. Hire him and his company, and keep using them over and over again.

Description of Work
Removed a load bearing wall, added recessed lights (20 cans)

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, interior designers, lighting, remodeling, structural engineer, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

On behalf of Advance Construction Concepts team, I would like to thank you all for your business, cooperation and very kind words. We do very much appreciate it !!! Hope you enjoy the new look and feel of the house.

10/24/2017

Jessi A.

Al always provides quality service.

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash and new lighting; take down wall and provide insulation; paint and drywall.

Category drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters, doors