European Stone Concepts, Inc.

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2009

60 Conestoga Way

Troy, VA 22974

European Stone Concepts, Inc. is the central region's premiere stone fabricator. We specialize in natural and man-made eco-friendly stone fabrication. Since 2002 ESC has delighted our customers with beautifully fabricated kitchen counter tops, bathroom vanities, fireplace surrounds, custom furniture pieces, and custom medallions. Come see us conveniently located in Zion Crossroads only 15 minutes from Charlottesville or 40 minutes from Short Pump. ESC is a family business where we take ownership of your project from stone selection to install with our own bonded and insured professionals and offer free estimates!...

08/27/2020

Sue H.

When I decided to remodel my kitchen and a small apartment kitchen in my house in June, I contacted 3 area companies to get estimates since I knew I wanted granite or quartz to replace my old countertops but didn't know what would be involved in the replacement. One of the companies was European Stone. I ended up choosing ESC because of their excellent customer service. Their staff was all very helpful and knowledgeable. The owner, Glenn Laskin, was extremely responsive even when I would think of questions in the evenings and send him emails to clarify. He would respond almost immediately and was very patient when I had to change something and/or coordinate responsibilities with the remodeler. Their pricing was competitive and their workmanship was excellent. It was evident that even the installers took pride in their work. I love my new countertops and highly recommend European Stone!

Description of Work
Granite Countertops for two kitchens

Category countertops

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for this fantastic review we appreciated you being our customer!

04/04/2019

Joseph D.

European Stone Concepts replaced our kitchen counters a few years ago and we were very happy with them, so when we wanted to replace Formica counters in two bathrooms, we didn't hesitate to contact Glenn Laskin & co. They came and measured within a few days, then came back to install the counters and sinks a week or two later after custom cutting the counters. Everyone we have dealt with at European Stone Concepts has been professional and caring. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Two bathroom counters

Category countertops,marble & granite

Thank you for your review. Hearing things like this from our customers is truly appreciated! Enjoy your Tops.

02/15/2018

Michelle W.

The owner, Glenn Laskin’s was wonderful to work with in their sales office for the estimates and sales processes. He was able to answer all of our questions in a timely manner as well. Phil came to complete our templates when scheduled, he was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. We were able to have the same installer for both of our projects, Jose was absolutely fantastic to work with. He had a great sense of humor and always had a smile on his face. Jose was so pleased with how beautiful our kitchen had turned out, he actually took pictures of the finished product to show others how beautiful this project had turned out. In all of the years of remodeling I have never had an installer take so much pride in their work and then ask permission to take pictures to show them to others. Since we chose a new stone that European had just started carrying for our kitchen, we were naturally nervous and I have to say Glenn did a fantastic job recommending this stone. My husband and I were so pleased with the entire team at European Stone Concepts during these projects. We cannot wait to complete our last two bathroom remodeling projects over the next two months in which European Stone will once again install the new granite vanity tops. Thank you Glenn, Phil and Jose for all your assistance. We are looking forward to using them for many years to come as we will be building our next home in the near future.

Description of Work
We hired European Stone Concepts to install granite counter tops in our kitchen and bathrooms in December 2017 and January 2018.

Category countertops,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling

[Member Name Removed] it’s customers like you that make owning a company an absolute please. Thank you for this fantastic review it has been our pleasure to serve you!

10/30/2017

R. C. L.

First we visited the yard to view the slabs and picked out one we liked. After measuring, we received an estimate for the work. The estimate was received promptly and was complete. Glenn (owner) anticipated some difficulty in removing our old counter top but that went smoothly. Two days later our new counter tops were installed by a team of 5 professionals who were in an out in 4 hours. It looks fantastic--much more beautiful than expected! The whole process was absolutely effortless. We can't say enough about the courtesy and professionalism of the installation team. The carpenters who took out the old counter top were FAST and professional. The construction mess from both removal and installation was minimal. Next we plan to have our bathroom shower and bathroom counter tops redone and will definitely use European Stone concepts.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen counter tops replaced with marble. Two sinks, one faucet, and the garbage disposal were also replaced.

Category countertops

Thank you so much for this really nice review! We truly appreciated your business and look forward to your next project!

08/03/2017

Gabriel A.

They provided a really great product which was installed without any fuss. It's been 2 years since our renovations of everything is still in great shape.

Description of Work
Granite installed in the kitchen on top of existing cabinets.

Category countertops,marble & granite

Thanks for the great review we really appreciated the business!!!

06/19/2017

JB M.

Nice folks, willing to help and dig through old inventory. Just didn't give up like the other shops that I went to.

Description of Work
Finding a replacement sink that was installed 8 years ago. Due to the shape and size it was very difficult to find. The employee walked me out to the shop floor and looked through their older inventory and found the perfect match. Since we had 2 granite counter top under mount sinks I decided to buy 2 in case we had another one crack.

04/03/2017

Lauren G.

Went great. They are open on Saturday (unlike most competitors) and have a yard full of stone and people willing to help. We exchanged several emails leading up to purchase and same with lead-up to installation. Very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly

Description of Work
Replaced cheap kitchen countertops with granite, new farm sink

Category countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

02/21/2017

Scott R.

The work that European Stone Concepts did was top quality! Kitchen was transformed instantly. There were some hiccups in communication along the way but overall, the overall work made up for it and then some. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Countertop removal and granite countertop installation

02/21/2017

Stephani B.

Sent an email asking about inventory and within 30 days this project was completed...WOW! Large selection in stock. The installers were prompt, courteous and efficient with their time and for that I am grateful. This bathroom vanity looks fantastic! This company is at the top of our list for our next project.

Description of Work
Granite vanity top with sinks

02/13/2017

Amar C.

European stone did a great job -- as someone who had never gone through this process before, however, it was a learning experience for us. Essentially, we had to have the right expectations going in. Their price was better than the competitors and they were more responsive overall. Glen is very professional and courteous as are the installers. If you have never had countertops installed before, here are the steps: 1. Measure your counters, take pictures if needed, and ask for a quote (Glen will probably respond within the week if not sooner) 2. OK the quote that you get (may need a deposit) 3. Pick out the store -- you go to the European Concepts lot and pick out the actual slab(s) that you will use 4. Pick faucets (European Stone has a good catalog; generic ones are available at Lowes or Amazon; Specialty faucets can be found at Ferguson's on 29 North ) -- this can add $200 - $800 to the price, depending on what you pick. 5. Templating -- folks from European Stone will visit to measure everything, including the faucet dimensions and style to make sure they drill the right holes. So this happens after you have the faucets. After templating, they will schedule your stone to be cut. 6. Once the install date is set, you have to get your old appliances, faucets etc. unhooked prior to the removal of the old countertops. This may require an electrician (electric range) , plumber (faucets), etc. You can ask Glen about specifics. This will add another set of expenses. Sometimes lead times for such services can be pretty long; we have found Rooterman in Charlottesville to have the shortest lead times. 7. On the day of the install, European Stone installers will pull out the old countertops and backsplash and put in the new countertop. At that time, they will glue the new sink (often included in the quote) to the countertop. This sink will need 24 hours to set before you can have the new faucets installed. 8. Backsplashes will likely take a second visit to install. The specific measurements of the backsplash are not always even (they may be 3'5/8 on one edge and 3'3/4 on the other edge). After installing the counters, installers will remeasure the backsplash heights. Both times, we had the installers return on a later date (a few days to a week later) with the correct sized backsplashes. So, you should keep in mind that the counters may not be finished in one day. 9. Get a plumber, electrician, etc. back to hook up the new faucets and any appliances, 24 hours after the install. And you're done! As I mentioned, we had no idea about these steps before we started. A few pain points include: Scheduling with European Stone: The scheduling for appointments is not very smooth. They will put in a tentative date for the templating and the person coming in for that appointment doesn't realize that the date was not confirmed by you. Instead, you can be proactive and call in to set what day you want the templating to be (once you have the faucets). Similarly for the install and the second visit (backsplash install). Coordinating multiple service people: Between the plumber/electrician before, the installers the day of, and the plumber/electrician after, you are juggling multiple service calls and appointments. Unusable/unfinished periods: It may be 2-3 days while you cannot use the sink (you can use the countertops after an hour) and, depending on the backsplash install, you may have a few days where the drywall is an eyesore before the new backsplashes are installed. So you don't want the install date a day or two before you are going to have guests arrive at the house. Lead times from quote to finished install. European Stone is usually busy (a good problem to have) but as a customer this means you do not have a good handle on when the actual install will happen. Our jobs were relatively small and we were willing to wait (we had no constraints). That said, it may be anywhere between 1 - 3 months from start to finish of the process described in the 9 steps listed above. Hopefully, this helps first-time customers; I wish I had known all this before I started because it would have saved us from learning this on the go through the process. Now, we have used them twice (and we have two more jobs scheduled) and have a better idea of what to expect.

Description of Work
Kitchen countertops, master bath vanity

Category countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

Thank you for your very thorough review and the A rating!!! The only thing I might add would be that our estimate does describe expectations regarding the services provided, time frame and all fees to avoid surprises. We also bolded and highlighted many of the paragraphs in the 3 page estimate to assist with expectations. In regards to scheduling, usually our customer let us know when they are ready to template and we schedule with them at time of deposit. If they do not we put them on the calendar and call the day before to see if we can get in. If not then we follow up until we connect. Also having the material selected before template and deposit makes the process go very smooth. We have appreciated your business and look forward to finishing this latest bathroom project for you. Last we just added plumbing services so hopefully for future orders or customers they can utilize that service so they do not have to coordinate that as well.

SLW CONSTRUCTION

SLW Construction is a local building contractor that specializes in renovations and remodeling for the past 32 years. We do whole house renovations, room additions, kitchens and bathrooms, basements, replacement windows, roofing and siding, garages, and polebarns. Call for your free estimate today.

Offers by SLW CONSTRUCTION on Angi
    Gutter Helmet of Virginia by MR.FIX-IT

Welcome to MR. FIX-IT™! Since 1970, MR. FIX-IT™ has offered outstanding home services such as gutter protection by Gutter Helmet, bathroom restoration and remodeling (NuBath), room additions, kitchen remodeling and attic & basement finishing. We also offer exterior home services such as siding, windows, roofing and decks. We pride ourselves on delivering these excellent home services at an affordable rate and with great customer care. To this day, MR. FIX-IT™ remains family owned and operated. We are also proud to have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We truly care about each job we do for our customers, and we treat their homes as if they were our own. We also offer outstanding handyman services for all types of jobs inside the home! For a home evaluation from a MR. FIX-IT™ professional, call us today! Additonal numbers: (804)393-9927, (540)322-1006, (800)816-9140.

TOP Quality Home Improvements LLC

My name is Thomas O Pollard and I have 40 years of experience in residential construction, I have earned the Super Service Award multiple times providing handyman services in Charlottesville, Albemarle, Louisa, and Fluvanna counties. I am also now a certified Anderson Installer for both windows and doors. I have recently begun specializing in saving both the sellers and buyers significant money on repairs at a fair price after the inspection report has been received. I am the sole proprietor and try to do as much of the work myself as possible so the job is done right the first time and guaranteed! I have 1 full time employee along with others I can call if and when needed due to the job size or outside of my expertise. My goal is to exceed your expectations by being responsive, punctual, professional and clean while I get the job done on time and I will do my best to finish under budget! I will respect you, your home and your budget and guarantee all of my work for 1 year, you have my word!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about European Stone Concepts, Inc.

How is European Stone Concepts, Inc. overall rated?

European Stone Concepts, Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are European Stone Concepts, Inc. open?

European Stone Concepts, Inc. is open:

What payment options does European Stone Concepts, Inc. provide

European Stone Concepts, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does European Stone Concepts, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, European Stone Concepts, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does European Stone Concepts, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, European Stone Concepts, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does European Stone Concepts, Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, European Stone Concepts, Inc. offers a 5% senior discount.

Are warranties offered by European Stone Concepts, Inc.?

Yes, European Stone Concepts, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does European Stone Concepts, Inc. offer?

European Stone Concepts, Inc. offers the following services: Fabrication of granite, marble, quartz, recycled glass or any other stone surface. Keep us in mind for professional measurement and installation of fabricated stone, fabrication of counter tops, bathroom vanities, fireplaces, custom furniture, custom floor medallions, commercial projects, residential projects, and water-jet cutting.

Are there any services European Stone Concepts, Inc. does not offer?

Plumbing