Absolutely Clean Mold Abatement

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2012

PO Box 101

Sumerduck, VA 22742

We also offer emergency COVID-19 and virus response disinfection. We can do large scale disinfections for just 10 cents per sq/ft. Absolutely Clean will disinfect vehicles, residential, and commercial areas. Our products are EPA approved and we guarantee expedient customer service and immediate solutions to your virus complications. We provide a certificate after disinfection. We have cleared over 10 million sq/ft so far; we are the largest disinfection company in Virginia. Additional phone: (571) 386-4095....

09/14/2018

Paula R.

The crew showed up promptly and worked hard throughout the day. I was concerned about fumes from the mold killer and paint, and did get a headache, but the fumes evaporated quickly. The guys were careful to make sure that things were draped or masked so that they didn't get oversprayed with paint. My one regret was that I didn't ask to pay extra to have the guys put everything back afterwards...what the two of them accomplished in a couple of hours is taking me days and days to put away.

Description of Work
Mold abatement

09/10/2018

Ravi S.

Fred, the owner, walked me through the possible causes, diagnosis, and how to do fix it myself, including products to use. Offered to explain the same to other folks, including anyone hired locally. Excellent service by a professional who knows the business very well.

Description of Work
Mold-like growth removal from bathroom ceiling

Category mold removal

Thanks for your kind words!

03/17/2018

Ramakrishna G.

The contractor said it was not mold, so they didn't do any further work

Description of Work
Hired for mold testing

03/12/2018

Richard P.

Furnace runs great and or tenant can sleep well knowing the mold is gone.

Description of Work
Mold in furnace

Glad we could help!

11/10/2017

Jennifer D.

Smoothly. Honest company that does everything you need and nothing more. We had 4 quotes for our mold in the basement. There was one small area affected and another area we were concerned about. One company that came to evaluate used all sorts of lasers and unnecessary equipment to try and convince me old multiple problems throughout the basement and how there were "hidden problems." You won't get any of that with this company. They took care of the problem, had excellent communication and were very reliable. WIll be using again if we encounter another mold problem.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in our basement

Category mold removal

Thank you taking the time to leave us a review!

09/27/2017

Rachel S.

Very happy with how the whole project went.

Description of Work
Mold removal under leaky sinks and crawl space. Plus they steam cleaned a carpet to remove mildew smell.

Category mold removal

Thank you for the review!

12/10/2016

Richard M.

Fred, the owner, was very responsive. Taylor arrived the next day and performed a visual inspection and an air test that indicated a high level of undesirable mold spores in the master bedroom closet. The mold remediation team performed their duties in an outstanding and efficient manner. A post remediation air test was done as well and it confirmed that the air in the house was free of the undesirable mold spores. We tested the main floor level as well in order to assess whether any of the mold spores had migrated to other parts of the house and they had not. Contaminated clothing and drywall had to be removed and transported through the main level of the house so it was reassuring to know that proper procedures were followed in order to prevent contamination of the main level of the house. The costs to perform the mold remediation and air testing were fair and reasonable. If I ever have another mold problem, these are the guys I will call,

Description of Work
A water leak caused a moderate amount of mold to grow on the drywall in the second floor master bedroom closet. Contaminated drywall and clothing was removed and the affected areas were treated utilizing mold remediation protocol.

Category mold removal

Thank you for your kind review!

11/16/2016

SUSAN C.

It went OK - the job took about 2 1/2 hours to complete. However, the workers sprayed spray paint on the area that was worked on AND it is quite toxic and should NEVER be used in an non ventilated area. I immediately opened all windows and started a carbon filter air cleaner to get rid of the toxic odor. The toxic odor did linger slightly even with these actions. Know that mold abatement is NOT regulated or licensed in the state of Virginia since 2012 thanks to Bob McDonnell. I am extremely upset that this company would fail to follow directions for the use of spray paint and expose myself and my family to toxic chemicals.

Description of Work
there was a leak from a bathroom into the family room drywall ceiling. It was small. A couple of issues. The company claims to be lower priced than other companies but their estimate which I paid $50 for ( non refundable but credited to future work) - was about 400-500 more than a previous estimate. When I complained the scope of work was modified to bring the estimate down to $605 without mold testing. Then when I scheduled the work to be completed I asked if there would be a need to open windows and I was told "NO" by the scheduler. I was concerned because my son had been seriously ill and I did not want to bring in fresh air with ragweed and mold in the air.

Category mold removal

Thank you for your feedback. I wish I had spoken with you personally at the time of the project so that I could have addressed your concerns immediately. The sealer that we use is usually killz latex. We have not encountered a level of toxicity that had been a concern in the past. Your the first one to make mention of this. We will take steps to be cautious in future sensitive cases. Typically we use a HEPA filter or negative air machines to supply localized filtration when external ventilation is not available. You are correct that currently that State of Virginia does not regulate mold companies. In 2012 DPOR had a great program and we spent lots of time and money getting our company certification and certification for our technicians, then DPOR cancelled the program. We really hope they bring back required certification. Thanks again for taking time to write out your concerns.

11/01/2016

Wendy F.

Excellent. From the phone call to the inspection. Very Professional and courteous and honest. Taylor B. inspected my bathtub/shower and the surround for mold. Told it was not mold but common mildew. Taylor B. told me how to get rid of it. And to prevent future mildew problems. This was a relief! My stress level went down 10 fold.

Description of Work
Inspected tub/shower and the surround for mold.

Category mold removal

Glad we could help and ease your stress! Thanks for the review!

08/12/2016

Joe G.

Taylor did a thorough job of examining all of the areas I was concerned about, did not find any major problems, and provided maintenance tips and tips for improved air quality.

Description of Work
As it turned out, I did not need anything done.

Category mold removal

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

02/15/2016

elias D.

The service was not bad. It is not about the quality because they came just to look at it and give me an estimate. The estimate that they gave me was high. Their punctuality was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Absolutely Clean Mold Abatement.

Category mold removal

Thank you for your feedback. We want to be the lowest price mold abatement company. We will keep trying.

01/07/2016

Mark F.

The two guys showed up during the defined one hour window and performed the inspection. They found no evidence of mold. They offered the option for a duct work clean out, but when we said it had been done in less than 5 years they agreed it was not necessary. The cost was extremely reasonable, considering that two guys came and expected to spend hours solving a mold problem.

Description of Work
Prior visit from HVAC rep reported mold. We wanted a second opinion, since the HVAC rep's was ~$1500. They inspected the furnace and ducts for mold.

Category mold removal

Thank you for taking time to complete a review!

10/20/2015

Alice A.

Taylor came out and inspected under the house and crawl space and gave us a price.

Description of Work
Free estimate

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

Thank you for your review!

10/20/2015

Alice A.

Eric and his crew came to the house on time. They went under and removed all of the old insulation. They then scrubbed the wood to kill mold then painted it. They came back next day to replace insulation.

Description of Work
Removed all insulation and removed mold

Category insulation, interior painters, mold removal

09/16/2015

Alice A.

Eric and his crew were awesome. Eric showed us pictures of water damaged areas and other areas. Did not see any termites at that time. Let everything dry out then placed new insulation the next day. Very pleasant young man and the crew was great. Would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Removed old insulation, used antimicrobial cleaner and then sealed under the floor.

Category mold removal

Thank you for your kind review! I will pass this along to Eric and the crew!

03/24/2015

Christopher F.

That worked out pretty well. I haven't noticed any mold issues after their work. They do a good job.

Description of Work
They removed some insulation that was old and dirty. They scraped some areas that had mold in the past and painted over it.

Category mold removal

Thank you for your review!

01/28/2015

Sara M.

We are preparing our home to sell and we wanted to see if we had any problem with mold. Taylor arrived exactly at the time of the appointment. He was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Yes, I would definitely use Absolutely Clean Mold Abatement again!

Description of Work
Checked home for mold.

Category mold removal

Glad we were able to please you! Thank you for your kind review!

01/14/2015

Barbara C.

They had problems putting the insulation in right and we had problems with them. they were helpful on the phone. They were nice, professional, and eager to help, but they didn't do what they said they were going to do. They were sub-contractors. I would tell people to do an inspection when they are done. They had knocked some of my duct work loose.

Description of Work
Absolutely Clean Mold Abatement removed everything from the basement, cleaned it, sprayed it with chemicals. I upgraded to the 10 year warranty. They put down plastic, they put in insulation.

Category mold removal

Dear [removed member name], I am sorry to hear about the difficulties. We have not heard from you since we did the job in September. We will call you right away to see what we can do for you.

01/12/2015

Richard W. O.

They were very nice, accommodating, and they reduced the price.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a mold abatement estimate and $50 project credit.

Category mold removal

Thank you for your kind review.

12/19/2014

Michael T.

Assessed the damage, not necessary for commercial-grade cleanup. Very upfront and fair.

11/14/2014

SHEILA H.

They are excellent but because I live in a condo, they are being asked by my condo association for their clean credentials to perform this work. They can’t perform the service until I get a concurrent from my condo association also. Throughout the consultation process with this provider, their assistance has been superior. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Big Deal $50 for a Mold Abatement Estimate and $50 Project Credit

Category mold removal

Thank you for your kind review.

10/15/2014

Yvonne M.

What great customer service all around. Fred was great and made it easy for me. When the person who came out, Royce, to do the job, he couldn't be more pleasant and very helpful. I would use and recommend them for the job. Thanks Yvonne

Description of Work
Mold treatment

Category mold removal

Thank you for your kind words! Glad we were able to help!

08/01/2014

Michele O.

Exceeded expectations. As a property management company Absolutely Clean is our go to contractor for quality service, they have treated several of our properties.They always provide an accurate estimate and a great price. They are prompt and follow up on every work order we request. At this specific property they treated mold behind the water heater. Both our company and clients were overly satisfied!

Description of Work
Treated Mold.

03/29/2014

Simone C.

I never heard back from anyone. I submitted a request for someone to contact me and called and left a message. Nobody contacted me.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category mold removal

I am sorry about this! We are pretty good with staying on top of requests and messages however we are not perfect and I sincerely apologize for this over look!

01/16/2014

Matthew C.

They provided an estimate, but also told me how I could do the work myself. I was able to DIY the project.

Category mold removal

Thank for your feedback, I wish all companies would put honesty before opportunity.