Tidewater Pro Build

Virginia: Contractors
12/31/2022

1980 Northgate Commerce Pkwy

Suffolk, VA 23435

We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Tidewater Pro Build is a mid-size home remodeling company operating out of Chesapeake, VA. Our team does the majority of the leg work in the field and in so doing keeps subcontracting to a minimum. We provide flexible financing options....

home remodeling (21)decks & porches (10)door installation (7)woodworking (4)drywall (4)water damage restoration (3)siding companies (3)flooring (2)basement remodeling (1)patio enclosures (1)cabinet refacing (1)home builder (1)

02/18/2021

This was a large project and it went wonderfully well. Caleb's vision and the artistry, talent and professionalism of the crew were so very much appreciated. The kitchen, powder room and butler pantry are beautiful. Our new exterior doors are such an improvement and make such a difference in the outside appearance of our home. We had to go out of town for a few days and were quite comfortable with Kevin and his crew continuing the work in our absence. The project just flowed and we couldn't be happier or more satisfied. We are considering one more major remodel (master bath) and will definitely turn to Tidewater Pro. Highly, highly recommend.

Description of Work
Kitchen, powder room, butler pantry remodel and exterior door replacement

Category drywall,home remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

09/23/2019

After many meetings with contractors I chose to hire Tidewater ProBuild to remodel my kitchen. I found companies who offered me a cheaper bid at least it appeared so but as I asked questions it was clear the initial bid was a guesstimate one that would change with the details. All the companies subcontracted out a good deal of the work, this concerned me because it would mean several companies coordinating their schedules to get my remodel completed. Tidewater ProBuild has their own specialist inhouse. The other significant difference was the contract with Tidewater ProBuild was all inclusive. Initially I was overwhelmed with the information I was given and met with Trey twice for several hours just to review the information in the contract and to develop a picture of what I hoped my kitchen would look like when the work was complete. Trey used the computer program to show me how my kitchen would look, and he made changes until it was exactly what I wanted. I changed a few more times even after the remodel was started and he patiently made the changes. Trey, Caleb and Kevin all very experienced in remodels checked in with me each day keeping me apprised of what to expect the next day. They answered my questions and offered creative suggestions throughout the entire process. I now have a kitchen I love, and the job was done on time and slightly under my original budget. I got everything and more than what was promised in the contract. I am happy to talk with anyone about my experience and have let Trey know he can feel free to use me as a reference. The employees of the Tidewater ProBuild were all helpful; they never acted frustrated or hurried when I would stop and ask questions. I'm pretty sure every person employed with the company brought their special touch to my remodel. The men all worked well together and each one seemed to love what they did and took pride in what they were creating. Thank you: Trey, Caleb, Kevin, Andy, Brian, Deacon, Mario, Mitch, Petey, and Stephen.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

07/08/2019

After meeting with planning staff in office ,Robert and crew arrived on time, laid out drop cloths, reviewed again what was to be done and went to work. Professional job all the way! Got the work done on time and budget. Great crew from Front Office to the hammer guys to electrician and plaster repair. Robert let us know what was happening all throughout the project. For a completed project these are the guys to get it done!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and ceiling repair.

Category drywall,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

06/08/2019

Great company. Excellent customer service and superior quality of work. Called them for a short-fused water damage job and they bent over backwards to fit me in. They also swapped out a couple of bad deck boards with the job. Solid pricing too. I would definitely use them again. Thank you Tidewater Pro Build

Description of Work
water got into an exterior wall and rotted the sheathing and studs.

Category water damage restoration

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

06/07/2019

these guys were awesome. I was under a tight time constraint and they worked me in to get it fixed. they even replaced a couple of boards on my deck that were also rotted. quality and fast

Description of Work
we had water damage behind the siding that rotted out the sheathing and studs.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you again [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working with you! Have a safe move!

06/20/2018

How did it go? Most Excellently! 1. Responsiveness and communication – our initial inquiry got a response within a day. Throughout the renovation, communication was excellent, and there was always someone onsite who was in charge of the day. Everyone was open to our questions, suggestions, comments and new ideas, which allowed changes during the process which turned out to be great. 2. Design & materials selections –We met with the contractor's designer a few times to begin planning, talk budget, and explain our expectations, wants and needs. Next we met with the contractor who had additional suggestions and ideas which turned out saving us a bit of money. They were very familiar with the materials, supplies and various brands, and made recommendations based on what we wanted. Selection of materials was a fun process, looking at some in their office, or shopping for what was needed. 3. Quality & Punctuality - very good workmanship and attention to details such as with the various moldings and trim painting, and with tile work and grouting. They showed up when they said they would. 4. Project scope - The project included kitchen renovation, master bath and second bath renovations with floor plan changes, opening up the main floor plan, entire interior house painting, new floors throughout, and a few window and both exterior and interior door changes. We already had a lot of custom molding and trim work, and they were able to preserve it, or copy where needed to keep the same look through the house. 5. Professionalism – Everyone was always great. They were respectful to us, and our property. 6. Overall - We were pleased with every member of the team who worked on our project including the Tidewater Pro Build team, their electrician, and all the other subcontractors such as the masons, plasterers, and plumbers. From start to time of completion, a 12 week period was planned. It was extended only by three more days due to unexpected issues which were addressed to our great satisfaction. We lived in the house during the renovations which they planned in stages so we always had a working bathroom and shower, and bedroom, and made sure we stayed as comfortable as possible during the project. 7. We are very satisfied with the price we paid, and know it will greatly add value to our home. We’ve received many compliments on the work and recommend them highly. Trey and Caleb were a pleasure to work with, as was their entire team.

Description of Work
Kitchen, master bath and second full bath renovations, create open floor plan

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

06/13/2018

It was an A+ service as usual. They are always great.

Description of Work
built a new shower in master bath

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

06/12/2018

They did a nice job, very nice people who are easy to work with. I thought they were very fair.

Description of Work
They remodeled our home (kitchen, floors, painting, porch addition).

Category decks,home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

06/08/2018

Tremendous high-quality work. Went just fine. Guy comes out and looks at things, draws out plans; project took about 8 weeks but we weren't pressuring. Trey was tangible...he keeps in touch! We had a roof issue a couple of weeks ago and I texted Trey about this and he had his guys out there that night. They did the work over Memorial Day weekend!!! They take a tremendous amount of pride in how they work: where do you want the foot traffic, very aware of your property.

Description of Work
We bought an old house and needed a bathroom gutted and redone. One stop shop - start to finish - no contracting out. They are fantastic. Worth every penny.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

06/08/2018

Fantastic work. Beautiful job. Worth every bit that I paid. They are the best guys in Virginia. Three brothers own the business and really know what they are doing! Would highly recommend them. Their crews are great and one brother is always there. They make great recommendations on quality material.

Description of Work
Renovated 2 full baths and 1 1/2 bath, included taking everything to studs and rebuilding. 1000 square feet of tiling, including leveling flooring. $30,000 deck. Absolutely gorgeous.

Work Completed On 03/21/2018

Thank you for finding us on Angie's List. We offer services to every aspect of your home. We specialize in adapting the tried and true methods of old with modern materials and technology. As the Owners of this business we will personally oversee your project, often times hands on, from start to finish. Our father taught us the value of taking personal responsibility in our product and we hope you give us the chance to show you what a difference this makes in the competitive field of remodeling.