PestNow LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2005

The PestNow brand was originally founded in Virginia in 1995 as Superior Pest Management when four high school friends (Tony Bowers, Frank Bowers, Mark Tatum, and Joe Hamilton) came together to form their own company. With each of them bringing different work experience and education backgrounds to the company, they felt they could work together and use each other's strength to build a successful business. Since Virginia is one of the country's largest Real Estate markets in the country, they decided to start their business off with the WDI Report and approached realtors. With their goal of providing a high volume of inspections, they were able to offer their services at a low price. Low pricing, knowledgeable inspectors, and the ease of doing business with Superior led the owners to expand to other areas and open additional branches. With business exceeding expectations, Tony, Frank, Mark, and Joe decided they wanted to expand further and brought in Rusty Markland as their Operations Manager. With Rusty being long-time industry specialist, they are able to provide additional support to all of their branches; as well as make use of his years of experience to further improve the business. Now, in 2010 with demand for services continuing to increase and an impressive support system in place, the long-time friends knew it was time to implement a plan to broaden PestNow's reach and identified franchising as the best method to do that. By enlisting the help of franchisees to expand on the company's success, PestNow continues to build upon its reputation. Through franchising, they will be able to offer individuals the same opportunity they've enjoyed throughout the years- the ability to operate a fun, fulfilling, and profitable business while at the same time expanding the PestNow family to locales throughout the nation....

A Service Provider's profile image

pest control (1784)animal removal (67)lawn treatment (24)home inspection (19)insulation (3)mold removal (1)HVAC Companies (1)

07/15/2022

Mary Ann D.

If I could give them a negative I could. You do not want to have any interaction with this company. Their technician parked illegally and blocked my car in on a public road. When I asked him politely when he was standing outside his truck, to move the vehicle, he refused. He then asked why he should move. I stated that he was parked illegally and in addition was blocking my vehicle. He continued to refuse. If he had moved when I asked, he could have parked in the spot I was vacating. Then I told him I was going to report him to his employer, and got in my car to make the call. He then came to the driver side window and took my picture several times, trying to intimidate me. When he saw I was on the phone he moved his vehicle and sped off. I then moved away from the area and parked so that I could continue the call with his supervisor. The technician returned and parked in the spot I had vacated though his truck did not fit. The technician them walked down the street and blocked my car in. Again, he came up to the driver’s side window, flashing is phone at me. When I started to move my car he moved and stood inches from my front bumper to prevent me from getting away from him. I asked him to move. His aggressive actions caused me concern. He then yelled at me that he was not going to move and he was going to call the police. Next, he called the police to report that I threatened him by using foul language, a total fabrication. Never did I use any foul language nor did I threaten him. He then told the police, while on his phone, he was standing in front of my car blocking me in and they told him he had to move. This call was all on speaker phone and he repeatedly told me he was recording me. Yes, he was legally allowed to record me. It was done to threaten and intimidate me. I then tried to complete my call with his employer and noticed he had taken off his company uniforms and was standing outside my passenger side window staring at me. His truck was still parked down the road, away from me. I told his supervisor he may want to call the technician and instruct him to move away from me. I was immediately put on hold; the technician was then answering his phone and while talking on his phone quickly walked away. Next the police showed up and insisted on speaking to the technician first. After a less than 5 minutes the police officer came to talk to me. Per the police officer, I had threatened him and that he had not blocked me in, again completely false. Later I was informed by the police supervisor, the technician claimed he was three feet in front of my car to take a picture of my license plate and had never blocked me in, again a fabrication and he lied to the police. When I followed up with his company, they said I was a racist and the technician did nothing wrong. The employer said the police officer agreed that I was a racist and that a "neighbor" also said I was a racist. There was no other individual present during this exchange. The lady who came walking up the street after the police were called and the technician was told to move away from my car was the only person who was present. She was not present for any of the exchanges or a witness to the technician stalking me when I separated myself from the area, though after the police arrived, she walked over and talked to the technician for more than 15 minutes without the police present. This technician was not able to control his temper. In my opinion, the next time he may accelerate the situation even more. This is not someone I think you want at your home or business. Note that the technician repeatedly told me everything was being videoed but the employer said they were not interested in viewing the evidence. The fact that the employer justified the employee actions indicates how the company deals with these situations. Note that I never got out of my car from the time I first called his employer until the police appeared, yet he continued to chase/stalk me. Note that the individual answering the phone at the employer’s office started recording me after the first minute or so of my call. She stated that though they have received calls from customers to complain this was the first compliant of this type of behavior from a non-customer contact. The supervisor stated they had not had any issues with this technician. When I asked him to confirm there had not been complaints like this for this employee, he refused to respond.

Description of Work
Interaction with technician on public street

Work Completed On 07/15/2022

12/28/2021

Bernadette O.

In four months, I've had to recall them back to the property 4 times, and still, the problem persists because they didn't actually close the entryways the mice were using to get inside the house. The best part is when they tried to rationalize not doing a good job. You really do get what you pay for, so save your money and spend it on a better pest control service provider.

Description of Work
rodent control -extermination and sealing of entryways

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

I would like to send one of the managers in at no cost to see why this house is a challenge, in many cases the rodent problem is not "coming in", they are in residence especially this time of year. Please email me at rmarkland@pestnow.com and allow me to set up a manager call to see if we can at least examine the cause in depth.

11/22/2021

MIKE C.

Jordan did an excellent job! Thanks

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

Thank you!

06/12/2021

AnneMarie O.

I am extremely pleased with the service that I've received from Pestnow. Specifically, Zach S. has been extraordinarily professional, thorough and helpful. He truly cares about providing excellent service, and he is extremely knowledgeable about how to handle a wide range of pest problems. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 06/12/2021

Thank you !

09/30/2020

William B.

They responded quickly and were punctual and provided a fair price for the service. Very happy with the results!

Description of Work
Eliminate bee nest

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Thank you . Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do .

09/29/2020

Phil W.

Fantastic! They were prompt, thorough, and a great value! We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Home Pest Control & Removal of Yellow Jacket Nest

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

Thank you. Please let me know if we can help you with anything else

09/09/2020

Conan S.

good but would have liked a little more detail and follow up

Description of Work
pest removal

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Thank you for your response. If there’s anyway I can help you , send me an email at ttaylor@pestnow.com

08/22/2020

Colleen F.

Good work, professional, good service

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

Thank you ! Let us know if you need anything !!

08/18/2020

Kathy R.

I have not seen any ants since they put in the bait and sprayed all around the outside of my townhouse.

Description of Work
Spray for ants.

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Thank you ! Please call if any issues .

07/02/2020

Hemant M.

It was alright. At first, the tech kept telling me that he won't be able to clean the spider webs around the front porch because he does not have a tall ladder. But ultimately he did. Have not checked around the house so will update the comments.

Description of Work
Pest control inside and outside the house

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Thank you for your response . I will look into this . Let me know if I can do anything for you . My email address is ttaylor@pestnow.com if I may be assistance .

06/29/2020

Anthony H.

Very professional found no sighs of termites at the house.

Description of Work
Termite Inspection

Category pest control, animal removal

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

06/25/2020

Andrew W.

Timothy came out to do the inspection. He was on time and very friendly. He inspected the house and talked about what he saw. He wasn't pushy on sales but explained what he would do if it were his home. He quoted a good price and had me scheduled for the next day. Samario and his partner (I didn't catch his name came out the next day to treat the home. They were on time, quick, and efficient.

Description of Work
Inspection and Termite Treatment

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Thank you !!

06/11/2020

Vincent N.

Great, friendly n very professional

Description of Work
Ants control

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

Thank you ! Let us know if you need anything .

06/10/2020

Deepika B.

We have a long term contract with PestNow as a pest company to take care of our residence. We recently started getting a dead animal smell in the basement. We called PestNow. Kevin and Agar were amazing. They were persistent with their effort to locate the dead animal. We have changed 5 pest companies in the past and ultimately this is the best company we have found in the area. This is a genuine review.

Description of Work
Dead rat in the basement wall

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you ! Let us know if you need any more help .

05/21/2020

Coleen or Cary M.

They do a good job. They show up when they say they will. We were still seeing some small ants in our kitchen after they treated the house, so we called them and they returned promptly to do another treatment at no cost.

Description of Work
Spray for insects

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Thank you ! Let us know if you need more help .

05/06/2020

Phillip G.

It appears to have gone well. The bird has continued to return to the area in an attempt to get back in. I am concerned he may break through the barrier that was put up if he continues.

Description of Work
Bird nest removal

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Thank you !! If the bird does break through just give us a call and we will come back out at no charge.

04/16/2020

Robert B.

Provide excellent service at a very reasonable price

Description of Work
Termite Treatment

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

04/08/2020

Yasemin L.

Excellent service and abatement of bugs inside and outside. Very responsive and professional company and good pricing. Love PestNow!

Description of Work
Indoor & outdoor pest control for bugs, spiders

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

We thank you for your business .

01/02/2020

AMY P.

That was okay. They were able to improve the mouse situation but they were supposed to come out this month, January of 2020 but they didn't show up. They did not honor their quarterly contract. PestNow contacted me after I submitted the review and they offered to come to my house and honor the quarterly contract. I'm not sure if I would use them again, but I appreciate for coming out.

Description of Work
They put a mouse bait inside the house.

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

11/24/2019

Shari W.

Awesome! They came last year and it was great then too! Yay!

Description of Work
Scary Spider Crickets in the Basement!

Work Completed On 11/24/2019

10/27/2019

Ray B.

PestNow responded very quickly to our request for a quote. They gave us several options and were very friendly in the process. The gentleman who provided the service was also very friendly and made sure our toddler wouldn't be exposed to anything he used.

Description of Work
Roach Extermination

Work Completed On 10/27/2019

10/24/2019

Ryan M.

Little pricey and should have done my self but was in a time crunch due to family coming in town. Removal good from dry wall and dry wall replaced work was good but additional cleaning needed and patching dry wall was needed. For $200 i would expect full service but would Require worker to come back which may not be an option - Job took 25 mins with an additional 20 min estimate across the property to secure house from rodents. Estimate was roughly $1k. Overall good but this is my first experience with this type of service. Pricing seems competitor Across RVA area but would be worth doing your self if you want to save $200 and that number was discounted from $225-50.

Description of Work
Rodent removal and patching

Category pest control, animal removal