Hydro-Tech Irrigation Co

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2005

Thank you for your interest in Hydro-Tech Irrigation Company. Hydro-Tech has been in business locally for over 31 years and has installed over 20,000 irrigation systems in the DC Metro area. We specialize in residential and commercial irrigations systems, as well as low voltage, outdoor lighting.

A Service Provider's profile image

irrigation system (427)lawn & landscaping (17)lawn care (14)lighting (11)landscape lighting (7)drain pipe installation (13)

09/29/2020

James J.

In a word "Outstanding" company and people. I am a repeat Hydro-Tech Irrigation Company customer. We moved into a new residence in May 2020. The original irrigation system in the new house had many shortcomings. In September 2020 we hired Hydro-Tech to do a complete irrigation system renovation. The sales representative, Ron Apostolakis, who redesigned the system and coordinated the project, the 6-person crew who completed the work, and office staff were extremely conscientious, hard working, and helpful. We are very happy with the end result. Thank you for a job well done!

Description of Work
Complete irrigation system renovation.

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/26/2020

Tom H.

Work was done in one day. Very well done. Several days later the technician came out and walked me through the system and made some adjustments. Odd that I had to ask for this. Highly recommend they do this without asking. Will follow up as time goes by to detail the quality of the work. So far so good

Description of Work
Installed full lawn irrigation system

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/04/2020

Dan B.

Went very well. Full crew worked fast. Yard was left in great shape. Easy to work with.

Description of Work
Install sprinkler system

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

09/01/2020

Roy G.

They did an outstanding clean job! Chris was excellent

Description of Work
Install irregation system

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

08/31/2020

Elie H.

Great! Excellent work. The lawn is a standard process, so that went well. I have specific requirements to water my garden. They were very cooperative and they met all my requirements. They were professional, great work, fast, and easy to work with. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Irrigation for lawn and garden

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

08/31/2020

Angie S.

Went fabulous. First scheduled day we got rained out, but the night before Chris let us know that due to the storm the Thursday planned installation would not be able to take place. This was scheduled as a 2-day job. He said we are going to try and knock it all out Friday. I thought to myself, I hope they do not try and cut corners! Friday morning around 7am 5 trucks pulled up with workers. They must have sent out multiple crews because there were like 20 guys all organized and ready to work. Chris came out at that time too and was coordinating a few things and set up the garage panel. He left to go to another job and the guys kept working. They were careful in my flower garden to move the dirt and mulch to the side on some material so they could place the pipping down and then recover it back up. All my plants were carefully stepped over and worked around. I had been worried about this based on negative experiences with contractors/workers in the past, but no issues here. The guys did finish around 5 on Friday and stayed around while I tested the system with another guy. Our neighbors across the street also got irrigation on the same day, but had not chosen Hydrotech. They went with Ronoco (not sure about spelling but close enough). So, watching their experience was so different from ours. We did have more irrigation installed, but it should not mean that the work level or effort is decreased for less. Ronoco sent 3 guys to our neighbors and we watched as they took their time, sat down, talked on the mobile, etc.. In contrast, our 20 something guys with Hydrotech never stopped working, never sat down, and never once looked like they rather be somewhere else. Moreover, our poor neighbors had to have Ronoco come back Saturday and Monday to finish their job- again, getting much less irrigation than we ordered. After our install an installer came out on Tuesday to recheck the system, ensure we understood how to use the app, etc.. He adjusted a few heads, but otherwise no issues. Later, I realized that we put bubblers that were the same size on my juvenile trees and my seedling trees. Hydro sent another tech out to replace some of the heads so that the juv. trees received enough water and the seedlings would not drown. They also left the other head sizes for when the seedlings grow. And today, I realized I want to add more bubblers so I can plant more trees (yes I am that person who keeps adding to things) and have communicated with Chris again who agreed to send someone else back out to add some more at no cost. To be clear, we have 3 acres, but did not irrigate the entire property. We irrigated around the home on the sides, front, and at the very rear where my trees are planted and along the fence line where I have some shrubs. This was not an easy front yard only job and I couldn't be happier. I went with Hydrotech after interviewing Creative, Ronoco, Affordable, and M&M (I feel like I am missing one more or two). I also did not go with Hydrotech immediately. I received an estimate from them first and continued to look. Then I compared prices with what was included and which materials they used. Then I went back to Hydrotech and asked him to come back out because we changed somethings and needed an updated quote. Chris and Mike were both patient and cooperative during my process. Hiring for a big job is like dating. And the companies that get tired of the effort required to win your business fall off the radar. Hydrotech is commitment worthy!

Description of Work
Irrigation

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/30/2020

Debra M.

Excellent job by all. Ron Apostolakis met with us and walked our property to assess our needs and possible future needs for our landscaping. The install was done so professionally with difficult terrain. The crews were excellent and professional. Hydrawise is a game changer. The app allows us to check and change and stop or start the system anytime. Amazing! Highly recommend Hydro-Tech Irrigation.

Description of Work
New Irrigation installation

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

08/01/2020

Ana W.

The work exceeded our expectations. Technicians were very experienced, had all the required tools and equipment, including a small tractor that buried the pipes while doing minimal damage to the lawn. Work completed in two days at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Install new sprinkler system- large yard

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

Review for Hydro-Tech Irrigation Co - 43813 Beaver Meadow Rd., Sterling, VA - 38848707

07/29/2020

Jim ..

Hydro Tech has put in 4 systems at different homes for me. They do a wonderful job each time. Their crew is efficient, knowlegable and detailed. I recommend them to anyone that needs a sprinkler system.

Description of Work
Irrigation System

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/14/2020

William C.

Chris Space was the point man for the installation and was prompt, courteous and extremely helpful. Our lawn had been saturated from the rains and there was some damage during installation which was taken care of with no hassle. The system is running perfectly and they were great in the setup and "how to" department.

Description of Work
sprinkler system for yard

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

07/10/2020

Charlene C.

Ron was amazing! He didn’t try to sell us an expensive option but offered better and cheaper options using our existing system. This is old fashioned customer service, the kind that builds trust and keeps customers. Thanks Ron!

Description of Work
We’ve had our system for about six years and are very pleased with the continued great customer service. Yesterday, Ron came out to give us a quote on adding or changing a few zones because we had added some flower beds.

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

06/30/2020

Paul O.

All went well and on schedule -- from the estimate of cost by Chris, to the day of installation by a hard-working crew, to the final "walk-through" of the system by Gilberto. This company seems to know what need to be done, and wants to do a professional job. A pleasure to work with, and a company I would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Installation of lawn irrigation system

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/24/2020

Heather M.

Great as usual! Long-time customers and we highly recommend them because of the high quality of fixtures and professionalism of everyone from sales consultants to installation technicians.

Description of Work
landscape and driveway lighting fixtures and installation

Category lighting, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. It is even better coming from a long-time client!! We like to say that we aren't selling irrigation and/or lighting systems, rather we are selling relationships. Ones that we hope last for 20+ years. Thank you again for your choice in Hydro-Tech. Here's to many more years of service... Andrew

06/17/2020

Steven B.

I recently had Hydro-Tech Irrigation Co install a residential irrigation system. I can't be more pleased with the entire process. Chris Space was extremely helpful and very responsive, gave me a decent deal, and made kept me in well informed on what to expect. The people who installed my system did a great job installing everything. You barely notice where they had to trench the yard, the controller was installed neatly, and they made sure all the spray heads worked as expected. Once the system was installed they had someone come out and give me a complete tutorial on how everything operated which included the controller, the rain sensor, adjusting sprayheads, etc. I was very impressed with Gilberto's tutorial on the system, he was very professional, gave me some great advice, and very knowledgeable. I couldn't be more pleased with the entire process.

Description of Work
Residential Irrigation System Installation

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

06/16/2020

Evan K.

Andy's team was awesome!!! Rarely do I walk away with such great service. I called Andy after turning on the sprinklers having a problem with a zone that wouldn't turn off. Zeke came out and immediate found a faulty valve and fixed it. He also found a number of leaky and broken heads. He came back a few days later and repaired the entire system. I was very impressed with the final results. What amazed me is the company that installed the system, and has been maintaining it, never fixed what Zeke fixed. The system seems to be working better than ever. They've earned a new customer!

Description of Work
Repair of valve and heads

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

06/12/2020

Lynda W.

This is a great company! First, I made an appointment for an estimate to have the irrigation system installed. I decided they were the ones after 4 estimates, because Chris seemed to be the most knowledgeable of all the companies. Next installation went very smoothly, as well as the follow-up maintenance appointments. I am continually impressed with the professionalism! Would recommend them & would certainly select them again, so would my friends down the street who recommended them to me!

Description of Work
Installing irrigation system & maintenance

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

06/05/2020

Craig D.

Excellent response to a vital operation. Andrew, Franklin and Debbie are an awesome Team! I wish some of my military teams were constructed of people with this type of professionalism, knowledge, and response. Thank you so much for a job well done I would definitely recommend and will most certainly call again if needed!

Description of Work
Irrigation sprinkler head and lines clogged

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

[Member Name Removed], I am glad we were able to help you out in such short notice. It truly takes a team effort and your review shows just that. When Debbie called Franklin out in the field, he didn't hesitate to take on the additional call. Although this isn't always possible, it was a win-win for all. I have passed your compliments to everyone. Thank you, Andrew

06/04/2020

Ron M.

Everything was done perfectly in less time than I expected and at a lower price than I expected. The technician, Zeke, was a pleasure to work with and did an an outstanding and professional job.

Description of Work
Relocation and installation of sprinkler heads

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write a review and allowing us to know Zeke did such an excellent job for you. He has been with Hydro-Tech many years and takes pride in his work. I have let him know about your comments. We look forward to many more years of service to you. Andrew

06/02/2020

Akash B.

Andrew and his team at Hydro-Tech Irrigation were great from the beginning. after reaching out for initial proposal, Andrew immediately got back to me, promised a few cost-conscious proposals and delivered as promised, with a tech dispatched within 24 hours. The tech, Jason, who was sent out was very professional and courteous. he first tried to fix the problem and when that was not possible replaced the unit. i very much appreciate the fix attempt and, more importantly, the fact they didn't go immediately to the most expensive option. Hydro also billed a very fair amount and half what was being by charged by other companies. they very much deserve their quality reputation.

Description of Work
Replaced broken backflow preventer

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

[Member Name Removed], Once again I am very proud that we able to help you out in such a timely and professional manor. They say "It takes a village" and Casey and Jason are part of the team that helped make this service call happen. Sorry we couldn't repair the backflow, but it definitely looked like you got some life out of the original. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Andrew PS - It was great reminiscing about the old neighborhood...

05/29/2020

Paula I.

They came out to my house and we walked through what we had. They asked us in detail what we were looking for. They then laid out a suggested plan to get to where we wanted to be. We agreed with the plan and they prepared a budget estimate. We accepted that and they scheduled a date to do the work. They performed the work on that date and we paid them for their services (1/3 upfront, and 2/3 when complete). They were excellent and professional the whole time. Their expertise in laying out what we needed to do was spot-on and we got a system that is excellent and meets all our needs.

Description of Work
We asked them to rehab our sprinkler system

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

05/05/2020

Mark B.

They installed a new back-flow, two new heads in front, caped off three int eh back yard, and extended line in rear of yard.

Description of Work
Upgrades to my existing sprinkler system

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

05/02/2020

Ar O.

Very responsive and professional. Installation was successful and new zone works as planned. I've used Hydro-Tech for 25+ years and have never been disappointed with their service!

Description of Work
Added a Drip Zone to an existing Irrigation System

Work Completed On 05/01/2020