Doris Custom Design

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2009

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating

Professional workroom w/ installation service for all types of window treatment design; Free quotation by phone or e-mail; In home consultation availiable w/fees. For over 20 years, Doris Custom Design has provided customers with outstanding service, high quality products and excellent prices on window treatments. Our family owned and operated business has friendly and knowledgeable staff to help you with all your decorating needs. We involve in every detail from the design to installation. No matter how small or big your decorating project, our designer will visit you in your home and show you our comprehensive selection of draperies, blinds, bedding and decorative accessories to meet your personal style. Once the style is determined and the fabric is selected, your new creations will be ready to install in 2-4 weeks!...

Price Blinds LLC

We are a window treatment company who specializes in the purchase and installation of high quality window coverings from a wide variety of hand chosen companies. Carrying the latest in products by brands like Hunter Douglas, Graber, and Comfortex, there is virtually no functional or aesthetic need which our team can’t satisfy.

Offers by Price Blinds LLC on Angi
Renaissance Interior Design

Our business is our livelihood but it is also so much more. Renaissance Interior Design was started to fill in a void in the current market and to make a business that people can place their trust in. Over the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in a very competitive industry. The employees of Renaissance Interior Design stand committed to our purpose and will provide the best service!

Kim Johnson Designs

Kim will use her 20 years experience to assist you in creating a home that you love to be in and are proud to entertain in. She simplifies the design process and makes it fun and rewarding. Fees are by the hour with no time obligation. Decorating and design services can be minor, like a color consultation or suggesting home decorating plans for you to implement over time, or much more long term with guidance and assistance in all renovation and new construction projects. She specializes in bathroom renovations and kitchen design and can help you completely change your bathrooms and/or kitchen at a much lower cost than design build companies or even big box home improvement centers.

07/19/2017

Susan K.

Wonderful. Contacting them again for my kitchen.

Description of Work
I bought blinds which they had a great selection to choose from and were so helpful in selecting the right ones.

09/04/2016

LORRIE D.

Doris is a true professional, she arrived at my home ready to take down the details of what I wanted to have done. She took notes, a few days laters she provided a detailed sketch of the rooms and plans for the drapery and bedding I planned to have made. With the sketching she also provided the detailed line items of the cost for materials, start-up cost and estimates for completion. On the day of installation Doris and her crew came prepared and the installation was seamless as you will see in the pictures the drapes and bedding turned out beautifully. Thank you Doris for providing a phenomenal service, I will definitely be using you and your team for future services.

Description of Work
I requested to have custom drapes and bedding made for several rooms in my townhouse.

Category window treatments

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review for my service. I'd like you to know that we truly enjoy working with you and feel honored to be your window treatment and home deco. sewing contractor. You have excellent design taste and knows what you want on your home deco. which make my job so easy. It was truly my pleasure to work with you as a team on several of your projects. Again, Your loyalty is very much appreciated! We look forward to serving you for many years to come. Best regards,

12/30/2015

Srinivasan I.

It was a pleasure dealing with Doris. All along the process, Doris was courteous, professional and prompt. She came in for the initial estimate on-time and provided us with a nice design that we liked. She then followed up with her estimate - which is what we ended up paying. No extras or overages. Met us at the local Calico shop to select the fabrics - and as others have mentioned earlier, passed on her discount to us. Her crew came in on the installation day and installed the drapes and blinds as promised. She was there with us all through the process. We enjoyed working with Doris on this project. Just delayed in writing this review... Doris is a rare find in this field. We would not hesitate using their services again for our other projects.

Description of Work
Custom design and installation of drapes and window treatment in family room and kitchen. Changed upholstery of chair and seat cushion in family room to match the curtains.

Category alterations,window treatments

Dear Srini: It was my pleasure to work on your window treatment project. I as so happy to see everything turned out so beautiful. I wish you and your family will enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks again! Doris

10/18/2014

Margaret R.

The overall experience was excellent. I was kept informed throughout the day via e-mail of when they would arrive, and Doris was very apologetic about the delay. Doris and her assistant are clearly very knowledgeable about draperies and installation and did a fantastic, professional job. They advised me how best to take care of the drapes. I would not hesitate to recommend them and am considering using her services in the future to make drapes and a duvet cover for my bedroom.

Description of Work
Doris and her assistant installed two large drapery panels and drapery rod that I had purchased elsewhere on a French door/windows in my living room.

Category window treatments

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review about our service. We really appreciate your business. I hope you'll enjoy the new drapes for many year to come. Please let me know whenever you are ready for another project, I'd love to assist you again. Best regards, Doris

09/26/2014

LORRIE D.

Fantastic! It all went very well, I love all my drapes however Doris does it all drapes, pillows, seat cushions. I am now in my second home and getting curtains done in my new house as well.

Description of Work
I can't say enough about the services that Doris provides from the consultation to the start of installation Doris was always involved in the process to ensure my project stayed on task. True professional 😀

05/28/2014

Suzanne L.

Doris's website said she would make window treatments from customer's own fabrics, which is what I was looking for. I had fabrics purchased to go with my bedroom intending to make the shades myself but decided to have someone else do the work. Doris came to my house, arriving promptly as scheduled. She is a delightful and friendly person. On the spot I decided to also have her create a roman shade for my kitchen french-style door and to have her and her team furnish/install other window treatments such as blinds and shades to replace the 30-year old aluminum blinds and the ancient window shades in other rooms in my house. She promptly sent me estimates for these treatments, which I accepted. She represents Hunter/Douglas, which is pretty much top of the line, they work like a dream and I think they're definitely worth the $$. Doris kept in touch with me throughout the ordering and manufacturing process, and arrived as scheduled for the installation appointment. She said it would take only 2 l/2 hours to install everything. She came with her install team and supervised everything, but her team is also neat, friendly, competent and hard-working. They moved what needed to be moved, and put everything back and cleaned up. They got everything up and in perfect working order within that 2 l/2 hours. I don't anticipate needing any new window treatments for awhile but I have no hesitation recommending Doris Custom Designs. She and her team also make custom fabric cushions, pillows, duvet covers, etc. (but not bedspread/quilting), FYI.

Description of Work
Created 2 roman shades from fabrics I provided; provided/installed roman shade for kitchen door; provided window shades for living/dining area, upstairs rooms

Category window treatments

Dear [member name removed]: Thank you very much for the positive review of my service. It was a pleasure to work on this window treatment project with you. I hope you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

04/23/2014

Carole L.

The drapes and hardware are absolutely stunning and clearly professionally made and installed. The fabric Doris helped us choose drapes well and has a lovely sheen and texture. The fabric is wonderfully tailored while still having a soft look. Doris was very professional and pleasant at every step of the way. Custom-made drapes are an expensive project, and she helped us out with this by getting us to a 25% off sale at Calico Corners. She provided excellent advice on fabric, materials, and a drapery style that is attuned with our taste. The project was done in a very reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
Doris came to our house for an initial consultation about custom-made, lined drapes for three 2-story windows. At a later date we met her at Calico Corners where we purchased fabric and curtain hardware. When the drapes were made, she and her crew came by to install the drapes. The cost I have indicated includes our choice of luxurious fabric and hardware as well as the consulting fee, labor, and installation.

Category window treatments

Dear [member name removed]: Thank you very much for the excellent review about our service. It was our pleasure to help you to achieve this window treatment deco. project. It turns out so beautiful. We wish you'll enjoy it for many years to come. Again, Thank you very much for choosing Doris Custom Design for your window treatment needs.

04/03/2014

Maxine E.

Went great. Doris and her installers were always on time. Doris always responded promptly. Very professional reliable and organized.

Description of Work
Design and install draperies and cornices for LR/DR and roman shade.

Category window treatments

Dear [removed member name]: Thank you very much for taking your time to write a good review about my service. It was really a pleasure to work on your project. You have a beautiful home. I wish you'll enjoy all these beautiful window treatment for the many years to come. Best regards, Doris

03/03/2014

Shawn B.

Doris Custom Design is a very patient group. I was not exactly sure of what kind of draperies I wanted on my bare windows, and Doris was willing to hold my hand through the entire process. After guiding me through the decision process, I was impressed by the high level of workmanship on the finished product. Doris' team came on time to install quickly and professionally. It doesn't matter where you go, custom drapes are never cheap, however the quality and service that Doris Custom Design provides is worth every penny I paid.

Description of Work
Custom draperies and installation

Category window treatments

Dear [removed member name], It was a pleasure to work on your window treatment project. I am so happy to know that you enjoy our service. Again, thank you for taking your time to write a good review for us. Best regards, Doris

01/26/2014

Jennifer M.

She came out and measured and quickly turned around the job for me. I plan to work with her for some window coverings in my kitchen.

Description of Work
I had some curtains that needed to be hemmed and Doris was wonderful.

Category alterations

Residential & Commercial custom-made window treatments design & installation; Home Decorationg pillow, cushion, bedding; All kinds blinds; Reupholstery; In home estimates available

US$75.00 per trip up to 3 rooms consultation