Comfenergy, LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since January 2013

Over 20 years of experience in the home comfort and efficiency field. We find solutions to the issues that your HVAC company can't. Dusty homes, hot and cold spots, high utility bills, drafty fireplaces, rooms above garages, cold floors, dirty carpet edges, and much more can be fixed by us. We provide "comfort and energy solutions"....

Bright Construction Group

Bright Masonry Inc offers professional and experienced masonry and concrete services as well as creative design work for your construction, concrete work, driveway, sidewalk, retaining walls and patio for both small & large jobs. For generations we have maintained our goals to provide the highest quality of service. We employ the most experienced and friendliest staff & offer the sharpest prices possible. We have also built and sustained a desirable reputation with our clients as a qualified, dependable contractor. Bright Construction Group is the logical choice for all construction work requiring the services of a concrete and masonry contractor. They are located in Arlington and Merryfield, phone (703) 522-1848 or (703) 533-7422 and their years of reliable dependability & unparalleled workmanship have gained them an excellent reputation among contractors and homeowners throughout the area. Bright Construction Group employs European-trained craftsmen, are members of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and have outstanding concrete and masonry workmanship. These highly skilled professionals have been featured on HGTV and has one of the best reputations rated by consumers on Consumer CheckBook and Angie’s List. Bright Construction Group is equipped to handle any size job, large or small. They have the necessary experience to provide durable, attractive concrete and masonry work. All types of brick, block, stone and concrete construction including outdoor patios, slabs, driveways, foundations, footings, curbs, sidewalks, fireplaces, chimneys and retaining walls can be performed by these professionals. DBA Bright Construction Group Maryland Home Improvement Contractor License #105847

Value Dry Waterproofing

Value Dry transforms wet basements & musty crawl spaces into dry, livable or storage space through basement waterproofing & crawl space encapsulation. We have 20+ years of basement waterproofing experience with the best lifetime warranty in the DC/Baltimore area & 10+ years experience in crawl space encapsulation and conditioning. Our services include sump pumps, back up sump pumps, foundation waterproofing, vapor barriers, humidity/ventilation control, outside stairwell drains, window well drains, egress windows, insulation, and foundation repair. We are conveniently located between the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. beltways and our service range covers Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and southern Delaware. Our entire team–from our phone room staff to our inspectors and installers–is fully committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and providing the fix that best fits the needs of you and your home. Our work is backed by a lifetime transferable warranty and a 24/7 service team. We are very proud of the reputation that we have built through online reviews, within our industry, and among our customers. Give us a call at (888) 768-2583 to schedule a free consultation or if you have any questions.

Offers by Value Dry Waterproofing on Angi
JES Foundation Repair

JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They currently maintain offices in Appomattox, Baltimore, Chester, Manassas, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. JES is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes and commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by JES Foundation Repair on Angi

02/10/2021

Nicolas L.

TEam was prompt. Povided excellent pre-arrival notification on when they would arrive (day before and morning of). Team was very clean and great to work with. Job was completed to spec with adjustment for local conditions missed in estimating process and with no increased cost. Mario Parks and his team were great!

Description of Work
Air sealing and insulation of garage ceiling

12/11/2020

Jon M.

From initial contact with their sales department we've had a great experience, Corey did an excellent job of taking pictures and showing the problems in our attic. Their level of communication from emails to phone calls was precisely correct by contacting me when needed and not too much with pictures detailing each solution and its associated cost. On the first work day their crew called ahead of time, arrived promptly and came prepared with masks, plastic sheeting, full body outfits and cloth covering for the stairs. In just over 6 hours they had cleaned up the entire attic removing bad sub-floor and other insulation, laid out the foundation for building a large deck space and placed part of the first layer of materials down. They also sealed the attic door along with some of the air vents and ceiling fans. They completed insulating my front porch overhang and cleaned up all of their mess very well. Painters tape was used on corners where they we’re most likely to bump into it for protection and plastic sheeting was setup precisely where needed to keep dust off of our hallway things next to the attic entrance. Overall it was a great first day and they even spotted an issue from a previous vendor who failed to properly connect some of their duct work together (which was the original cause of my daughter’s room temperature being so hard to control the temperature and not easy to spot). The only complaint I have is that while I fully expected the need to finish our attic sub-floor, remaining layers of TruSoftTM Cellulose on the main floor and encapsulate the duct lines with Polyurethane Spray Foam all before finishing with blown-in insulation, they left a key piece incomplete. When leaving they left the duct work leading from our main trunk line to my daughter’s room off. This left a hole in the main trunk line reducing heat in all upstairs rooms but most important is that nothing was connected to my daughter’s room. So around 6:00am she woke up coughing as we noticed the upstairs was around 56 degrees. Overall a simple heads up would have solved everything as we have space heaters, however I did not look into the attic when they left so that’s my fault for not knowing a key piece of the duct line was missing. Based on the overall work complete I would still very much recommend them as Robert (onsite team lead) was very good at communicating and the crew we’re all quite friendly. Their work will last for the lifetime of my house and has already added value to the sale price. In the end they made a really nice attic deck leaving me with plenty of useable storage space. While this is not the cheapest company, the quality and knowledge that I never need to worry about my attic again is certainly worth it.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation/Front Porch Ceiling Insulation/Replacing attic duct lines

08/15/2020

Mark M.

Summary: The Comfy team did a great job b/c they know what they are doing however, they are not without faults. Work Completed: Full crawlspace escalation and turning a vented attic into an unvented attic by adding CC spray from on the roof deck. Time frame: July 13-17 2020 Results: We are only a month out from the work being completed, so the analysis is on-going but here are the numbers so far. My Aug electricity bill was down 26% in real dollars from July. That reduction is in spite of the fact that Aug had a 31% higher average Cooling Degree Days (base Temp 70F - [*** Link removed ***] In addition, the first week of my Aug billing cycle included this work. Again, this is very early on but that is a promising start. Other benefits include less variability in house temperature. Before I would see a temperature difference of 5 degrees Fahrenheit between my bottom and top floors. Now they are no more than 1.5 degrees apart (the thermostat is on the lowest level). This creates an overall more pleasant living environment. So while I’m looking at a return on investment that stretches out past 10 years, during that time it’ll be a more comfortable home to live in. Challenges: My only complaint is that there doesn’t seem to be a solid quality control program. To be fair, I have high standards of work quality. Especially when I’m paying for it. Comfy clearly understands the science and best practices. It’s always a challenge translating that over to the real world, which is messy. With that said I felt like I was the one that had to be pointing out the areas of poor workmanship. It sure would have been nice to feel like that quality control was being done for me. Now for the good news, Comfy is correcting all the issues I have pointed out (scheduled but not all completed). Bottom Line: Comfy has a talented team of people, who know the work. They will do a good job at a fair price. But don’t let the sleek marketing and science lull you into a false sense of security, make sure you get what you paid for.

Description of Work
crawlspace escalation and attic insulation

Category insulation,air duct cleaning

07/28/2020

Jason C.

Carl came to the house and spent a total of 1.5 hours under our crawlspace and around the house - much longer than the other two contractors who came to the house. He listened to our concerns - we needed to bolster some sistered joists in the crawlspace - and communicated them back to the engineer, who gave his recommendation. Throughout the entire repair project, Carl kept in touch via phone, email and text. We ended up with a total of six smartjacks and one supplemental beam, and I feel confident that the house is sound for another 25 years. The crew - Edmond, Marcell and Jeff - were extremely professional and quick. They explained the work prior and that it would need to be done in phases. When the work was completed, they provided photos. In addition to the joist repair, they sprayed the entire crawlspace for mold as requested. Highly recommend this crew and this company for the price. Crawlspace repair can easily run into the five digits. We didn't need to go that high for this repair, and I appreciate Carl's honest assessment and implementation.

Description of Work
Crawlspace repair

Category air duct cleaning,mold removal

Thank you so much for your review! Carl is a wonderful asset to our team. We are so glad to have another happy customer. Please let us know if you need anything!

06/30/2020

Jean G.

Great. Service was prompt and efficient

Description of Work
Energy audit

Category insulation,air duct cleaning,energy audit

Thank you for your kind words [Member Name Removed]!

01/07/2020

angela J.

The crew that originally came out were very efficient and friendly. They finished almost everything in the time that was stated. The only thing with them that I was concerned with was that they keep asking me what they were supposed to be doing. They knew that they were supposed to doing insulation but didn't have the details. And when i told them that I would have to go back to my paperwork they said that they would call the project manager. On the 3rd day they needed to do one last thing to an outer wall but couldn't do it because it was too cold and they were concerned that if they tried to remove the siding it would crack. They left on a Wednesday telling me that someone would contact me to come back on Saturday to finish the job. Fast forward to Friday, I get a few missed calls and then text messages saying that they had a crew in the area that wanted to come by in 30 mins. I wasn't home but finished up what I was doing to meet them at my house. When they get there they don't even know what the job is that they are supposed to be doing and don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the area. So they decided that they could do the job from the inside and said that they would need to drill a couple holes in my closets to fill the wall with insulation. They were very admit that that the holes would be repaired and the drywall fixed and painted and that someone in the company would call me and a crew would come out to do the drywall repair. So they do their part and leave. After they leave I realize that they put 6 holes in my wall. Not what i was expected but they did a decent job on plugging the hole back up with the piece of drywall that they removed. I waited for someone to call me about fixing the drywall but they didn't call. So after a week of waiting I called the company to ask about it and the mold remediation issue I was having (more on that in a sec). They seemed unaware on the drywall needing to be fixed and said they would send someone out to look at both things. A few days later someone comes out. They were unaware of the drywall repair but were there to look at the mold issue. Now about the mold issue. I will get back to the drywall in a min. So I paid for them to spray something on a strip of mold that we had in our basement and was told that after it has been sprayed that it would like nothing was ever there. Well after them spraying it twice it still looked awful. The wood looked but as black as before they came. So when these guys came to look at it they said that there was definitely no mold there. the problem was with my wood. So much for it looking like nothing was there. Now i have to hire someone else to sandblast it or something. So after these guys looked at the basement they said that they would look at the drywall. They look at it and are like "oh, i don't think we have the materials on our truck to fix this but I will take a look". They did have the materials and would tape it and mud it but weren't really experienced in drywall repairs but they knew enough to do the job. I should have stopped them right there but I thought it would be okay. Well once the mud dried I could tell what an awful job they had done. I will have to either try to fix it myself or hire someone to do it. And I probably should have called them back again but I am really tired of them sending me people that don't know what the job is before they get to my house and are not prepared. Only getting a C because the first crew was decent.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation replaced, Mold remediation, Basement Sealing

Category insulation,mold removal

06/05/2019

Steven K.

I've been trying to find an expert in insulation for months to come out and tell me out to properly insulate around a removed chimney and Comfenergy was the expert I needed. Even though the insulation part of the job was too small for Comfenergy (wasn't above their minimum quote value) they were happy to give me their expert advice and I appreciate the time spent as I now know what to ask the roofing contractor to do in order to insulate this correctly. Thanks!

Description of Work
Quote for insulation on chimney

Category insulation

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm glad to hear we were able to help you sir. When you sent over drawings of what your issue was, I honestly wasn't sure what was going on, but it's always worth a look. Glad Jaron was able to guide you in the right direction. This was quite a different puzzle to say the least! Thank You, Justin Dobson Co-Owner

04/04/2019

Melissa N.

Brenda Garcia was the team leader at my home. She is knowledgeable, polite, efficient, and prompt. She communicated with me every step of the way. She and her crew worked well together and completed the job on time. I would hire this company again and I will request Brenda to oversee it.

Description of Work
Crawlspace Encapsulation

Category insulation

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the wonderful review. We love Brenda and she is an incredible asset to our team. Thank you for recognizing her and her abilities. We'll make sure she knows about this at our next production training meeting!!! Sincerely, Justin Dobson Owner

03/07/2019

christine G.

Our energy consultant, Matt Pascual, gave us a clear explanation of the work Comfenergy would do, but he was also accommodating to the few changes we requested. He followed up by giving us his cell phone number and the two times we called him, he answered immediately and attentively addressed our questions. His professionalism influenced our selection of Comfenergy over the other 3 companies that also came out to our house to explain and estimate the job. We were given a work start date and our work crew, headed by Ruben Samper, was there promptly on that date and promptly each of the following days. Ruben was trustworthy, easy to work with, and very responsive to any concerns that we had. He seemed to have an excellent working relationship with his crew and they all worked cleanly and efficiently. The whole job was completed in 4 days.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation and Basement Crawl Space Encapsulation

Category insulation,basement waterproofing

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to send in the the kind words and great review! We greatly appreciate your feedback. Justin Dobson Owner

12/12/2018

MICHAEL O.

I have now had 3 different jobs performed by Comfenergy and all of them were handled as well as the first. Keith Richards (yes, that is his real name!), is knowledgeable, explains things easily, works very well with us, and, most importantly, he listens to what problem we're trying to solve, offers solutions, explains all of the options, pros/cons, costs, and most importantly, searches for the best solution given our budget. He's been great. Once we decided on the work, the process to get things scheduled was straight forward, easy, and, in all 3 jobs, never rescheduled, were never late, and always finished in the time they estimated. Amazing. Also, every one of the Comfenergy team members I've dealt with was very professional, very nice, accommodating, and knew their job. In addition to Keith, we've worked with Christine Miller and Anthony Dotson working our scheduling and they had to work around a late scheduling conflict we threw at them and they worked it without any issue at all. They set the standard for this industry. This last job was the most challenging and the Job Manager, Jordan Quinteros, did a fantastic job. He reviewed the work, saw some challenges and we discussed them, came up with a plan and he worked it perfectly. One thing about Comfenergy, they send the correct number of people to do a job. The job was estimated for a day and they took one day. In each step of the process, Jordan asked me to take a look and tell him whether I was satisfied and to explain what they did and why the did it. We had very little to discuss because the crew clearly knew what they were doing and Jordan clearly owned this project and ran it well. The result? It was 25 degrees outside and 68 degrees inside and the issues I had with the rooms which had been cold was gone. It is very comfortable and with each phase of work I do with Comfenergy, my furnace runs less and less. My kids used to complain about being cold and they haven't mentioned it at all this year, even though we've had 25 degree temps and wind. There's your proof. Love this company!

Description of Work
Insulation

Category insulation

Thanks for the kind words...we greatly appreciate this.

Thermal imaging inspections, home energy audits, blower door tests, blown insulation, blanket insulation, foam spray insulation, attic sealing and insulating, crawl spaces, sump pumps, basement waterproofing, duct work cleaning/sealing, mold/mildew remediation.

HVAC, but we partner with many HVAC companies to provide solutions to homeowner issues that they can't!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available