BH Maintenance Pressure Washing

Founded 1992 • With Angi since November 2009

111 W. Church Road

Sterling, VA 20164

Family owned and operated since 1992...

12/01/2020

Michael M.

I have used BH for both my house and deck many times over the last 20 years. In November, just had them do a deck wash. Can't believe how clean they got it, after it was loaded with mold and mildew. Owner/Operator business model, Bill Harrison and his trusty partner Melinda are simply outstanding..and they are nice people too. Strong recommendation here.

Description of Work
Deck pressure wash

Category deck cleaning

06/04/2018

Michael M.

I have used BH for 15 years and they always make me happy

Description of Work
Power washing of Residence exterior

Category decks, pressure washing, stucco

10/07/2017

Willie C.

I'm a painting contractor in Northern Virginia. I am also a vendor on Angie's list. I subbed out BH Power washing to do the cleaning for me. I was in a very unique situation where I was on able to use the water from the house because of their water well not having the capacity to handle a pressure washer. I hired Bill Harrison to to do the power washing for this large home in Leesburg. He brought his own water on a trailer and got this house cleaned for us to start prepping for painting the next day. Deal with confidence! I give this company a thumbs up.

Description of Work
Power washing to a large stucco home.

07/10/2017

Mary E.

Great. Bill has been working for me for many years.

Description of Work
power washing deck, patio, sidewalk, cleaned gutters and more.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, driveway pavers, patios

06/19/2017

DAN F.

Fantastic. Bill came out ASAP do provide me with an estimate of how he could treat my deck to remove Behr Deck Over. We did not want chemicals applied because of our well. Bill was considerate of that and determined a slow and methodical power was would take care of the Deck Over. Bill and his son arrived as scheduled and each power washed the deck for two hours. They did a great job removing the Deck Over.

Description of Work
Pressure wash deck.

05/19/2017

Alexander W.

Results were better than I expected

Description of Work
EIFS cleaned on 4 sides

04/14/2016

Kathy H.

Called to request service and they came out that week to power wash the deck. They returned the next week and sealed the deck. They were quick to respond and prompt with completing the work. The deck looks terrific!

Description of Work
Washed and sealed deck

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, stucco

03/19/2016

Kevin R.

II emailed on a Tuesday and told them I needed this job done quickly. They came out on wednesday and gave me a price. They did the pressure washing on that Friday. Weather intervened and they told me they would be back Tuesday or Wednesday to do the sealing. They were back on Wednesday, did the sealing and moved the patio furniture back onto the patio as I requested. Bill and his team were very professional. They showed up when they said they would and communicated well through the job. I happened to be home on the day of the sealing and Bill was very careful to re-clean any area that had gotten dirty during the weather and the days in between. The grease stains by the grill were gone. The stains by the patio drain were gone. It's four days after the sealing and it's raining and the rain is beading up just like it should. I will recommend Bill to anyone. GREAT JOB!

Description of Work
pressure washed our 2300 sq ft deck and then sealed it.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, stucco, patios

03/08/2016

Kerry D.

Very good job. Very easy to deal with. Would use again.

Description of Work
Power wash house, clean and seal driway

10/11/2015

D H.

BH took care of the deck on my previous home, so I knew they were trustworthy, reliable, reasonably priced, and good quality. Bill came out immediately and fully assessed what would meet our needs. Our deck had an unknown sealer on it from before that Bill said needed to be removed as best as could be so the new sealer would absorb. That cost a bit more, but he assured us without it we would be wasting money applying sealer that would not absorb. He offered a couple alternative approaches to keep costs in check and set up the quote so we could decide what services to include or not. For example, he suggested we could have the whole house washed or just the one section that had moss. He also suggested the porch didn't need a full sealing, just washing and then sealing only the horizontal surfaces, which cut down the cost. When we asked about the edging under the deck not properly containing the gravel, rather than try to sell us some work, he suggested a DIY alternative that worked out just fine. On the day of the washing, the crew came out and helped moved the heavy items out of the way. They were friendly and worked efficiently. They came back to do the sealing, and the result is fabulous. Our deck looks like new and it's super easy to keep clean because it's so well sealed. There is no evidence of splashing any of the sealer onto the side of the house. It's nice to have the rotted step repaired too, and all that moss off the side of the house. I had recommendedBH to a friend, who was also very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
power wash deck, screened porch, and side of house. seal deck and porch. replace rotted step.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

09/20/2015

Ravi S.

Very well. Sincere and hardworking group of people.

Description of Work
pressure wash and apply stained sealant on raised deck with steps (340 sq ft)

09/06/2015

Susan S.

My husband and I will not use BH Maintenance again. Bill and his crew power-washed our painted cedar siding, and, less than two months later, the mildew was back and worse than ever. Bill said the problem was with the paint job on the house and shed, not their wash, even though we had had the house washed a couple of times before without any such rapid reappearance of mildew. It was uncertain to us that BH had used the proper cleaning solution. At first, when my husband complained about several semi-circular yellow patches of the grass, Bill said it couldn't have been from their solution because they used only soap; later, when we questioned whether the solution was strong enough to eliminate mildew, he said it was a fungicide. Whatever it was, they probably didn't thoroughly rinse the siding with clear water as is necessary, according to the paint store. The adjoining windows were clouded over after they left, and I washed them with clear water, not realizing that the wood siding was probably similarly unrinsed, which would have contributed to the return of mildew. Also (although I didn't notice this right away and thus did not let Bill know), the auxiliary turn-off valve for the backyard hose was broken, and the faucet in the front yard was stripped so it didn't turn off properly and leaked. None of this had been a problem before the BH crew used our faucets for their hoses. (PS 9/11/15: Plumber charged $295 to replace front faucet.) In responding to our complaints about mildew, BH agreed to rewash the house only if we paid them most of the original price attributable to that part of the house. I offered half of that even though I felt they were at fault. I never heard from them again. BH failed to make good on their unsuccessful work. A handyman and I then washed the house with a recommended solution of bleach and water, which eradicated the mildew and has left the house spotless.

Description of Work
Power-washed house, deck, patio, and tool shed, including roof of tool shed, for a total of $575. This review focuses on the mildew problem on the cedar siding of the house and tool shed.

08/17/2015

Bonnie C.

Since I am a repeat customer who has referred others, BH is always very responsive. I was able to schedule an appointment quickly which was needed because I was having a graduation party. They did a good job, not their best work since I have been using them, but my deck is old and it shows. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Our 16 year old deck was power washed.

08/09/2015

Joelle & Al P.

Melinda was punctual and professional with scheduling. Bill did a fantastic job pressure washing the deck and when we had a follow up question he came right away to help us. He even helped us figure out our own question about the outside water not working and really went the extra mile! We will definitely use BH Maintenance again and highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Power washed back deck and front porch

07/23/2015

Ronald J.

I've used BH for many years. Bill always shows up on time and does a great job. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Pressure Wash Exterior of house

05/26/2015

Cindy M.

After getting the estimate to clean and stain my deck, i was very satisfied. Then when I scheduled it they told me there was about a 3 week wait, which I was ok with. After about two weeks I contacted them asking how the schedule was looking and they told me they would be coming out the next day to clean. Obviously no notice was given and I had to move all my furniture and grill off the deck that night, and i doubt they would have contacted me if i hadn't contacted them first. The cleaning went smoothly but when it came to scheduling the staining, it was very stressful. They scheduled and rescheduled several times because it was "too windy" or rainy. Once they finally came out (after another round of poor communication and no notice), 10 days after having cleaned it (and 10 days of deck furniture in the kitchen), they did a sub par job. Several places were missed and overall the stain was poorly applied. It looks very uneven. They clearly did not take their time to make sure every spot was evenly stained and were eager to leave.

Description of Work
clean and stain a new deck

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

04/12/2015

Edward G.

These guys are always great. They clean up afterwards. Never any issues.

Description of Work
Cleaned and stained my deck last fall 2014. I am late in giving a review

12/10/2014

James C.

We've used BH for years. Very capable and professional at a reasonable cost. Bill has power washed our deck every year and twice has sanded and restained it. He also has power washed the whole house, including getting mold/mildew stains off the asphalt shingles. Always a quality job.

Description of Work
Power washed a 700 sq. ft. deck on the back of our house.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, driveway pavers

10/02/2014

Mary E.

Bill has worked for me for many years .He cleans gutters power washes my house,deck, patio etc. He always does a great job!

Description of Work
cleaned gutters

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, patios

07/07/2014

Jane A.

All of the above had not been cleaned in years and now look like new. I could not believe the difference. I will definitely call them again when cleaning is needed.

Description of Work
BH Maintenance cleaned my flagstone walkways and two patios, multiple timber retaining walls, cement staircase, and a deck.

06/27/2014

JoAnn W.

I have used them for many years. They are very professional and they do a good job. Their price is reasonable.

Description of Work
They power washed the house, decor and the porch. They stained the decor.

06/16/2014

Christopher J.

Bill and his team made three trips to our house over a two week period, and the final result is excellent. Our deck had peeling paint, mold, and a handful of rotted boards. On Bill's first trip out, he brought miscellaneous lumber pieces and custom cut several different boards for replacement. His schedule was busy, but he returned about two weeks later to wash and strip the deck. Last, after it dried for a few days, he sanded and applied a sealant as the final step. I plan to call BH again when we are due for follow-up deck sealing in about two years.

Description of Work
Deck pressure washing, rotted board replacement, paint stripping, sealing.

12/14/2013

Kathy B.

These folks are wonderful and can do so many things. Great service, very personable and professional. Through the owner I received many referrals for painting, TNT great company , a carpenter ,etc. just all a pleasure to work with.

11/15/2013

Marie F.

I needed to get the deck stained before winter. The boards had started to crack. BH came out promptly to give me an estimate. The deck had been power washed a few months before when I had the house done so it didn't need power washing. The guy who did the staining, Terry, said regular stain would not fill in the cracks but there was a new product, Deck Over, that would. It was a little more expensive than regular stain but it would last longer. I wasn't sure what color to go with (it was an orange/cedar color before). He advised me to go with a color that was similar to the siding of the house (a taupe color) so it would blend in better. He started working on the deck on Friday, 11/8, but it was too windy. Leaves kept blowing on the deck so he couldn't finish it. He came back Mon., 11/11 to finish. I am very pleased with results. The deck looks great. The boards look a lot better and I love the color. I am so glad they were able to do it before the winter. I didn't think they would be able to, but they did.

Description of Work
Stained deck and attached porch.

Category deck cleaning

10/06/2013

Jayna K.

I would highly recommend BH Maintenance, after they did a stellar job of pressure-washing and sealing my deck. The estimate was spot-on, the scheduling was easy, and my five-year-old deck looks brand-new, even after three years of renters not taking care of it. The washing got rid of all the mold and stains (from the renters' grill), and the finish is far more even than my neighbor's deck, where they did the pressure washing themselves. I'll be calling BH again when it's time for another cleaning.

Description of Work
Pressure washed and sealed the deck.

E.M. Texture Construction SVCS

Things around the property eventually get older and need some repairs. E.M. Texture Construction Services, Inc. can provide you with an excellent home repairs service so you can keep your house up and running. We will help you transform an outdated room into a modern comfort with our many remodeling services. With E.M. Texture Construction Services, Inc., your general contractor will be skilled in many areas and will gladly come to your home to fix anything. If you are in need of anything from masonry services to painting, we are the company that can help you. Our home improvements and repairs service has earned us a recognizable reputation in Silver Spring, turning visions into reality. With our experience and expertise, you can trust that all of your repairs and home renovations are in good hands with us. When you are looking into home improvements or renovations, contact E.M. Texture Construction Services, Inc. in Silver Spring, MD, for expert advice and service. We can help with masonry services, brick repair, painting, stucco and more.

Gramajo Painting LLC.

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Hot H20 Powerwashing

Check out the article written about organic growth in the Loudoun Tribune on April 2018. It's about our company. We're fully licensed and insured.Our brand new hot water machine is state of the art and ready for any job.This, combined with my extensive knowledge in Eco friendly and caustic cleaning solutions, will remove all organic and non organic matter from most, if not all, exterior surfaces. Specifically, but not limited to, low pressure house washing, high pressure cleaning of decks/fences, driveways, walkways, asphalt and brick. The use of hot water up to 200 degrees and our knowledge of what cleaning agent to use at what time, ensures customer satisfaction and the best possible result combined with the least possible risk to your home and property. We are also available for commercial properties, fleet vehicles and construction equipment cleaning. Thank you for considering us.

House Washing, Deck Washing and Sealing, Composite Deck Washing, Fence Washing and Sealing, Roof Washing, Concrete/Masonry Washing, Tennis Court Washing, Deck and Fence Repairs, Porch Screen Repairs, Gutter Cleaning, Driveway & Concrete Sealing, Minor Painting

Ask for details.