Around Town Movers

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2010

Let Around Town Movers Help You With Your Next Move. Serving Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Moving and Storage. Local and Regional Moving Specialists. Professional Movers 35+ Years Experience. Great Price. Great Service. Let Our Movers Do The Heavy Lifting on your next move. We offer free shrink wrap service, floor protection and online/phone estimates. Our movers move houses, townhouses, apartments, condos, offices, businesses, single items, in-house moving, load/unload your rental truck, piano moving experts, and can take your things to self-storage....

Carmack Moving & Storage

Carmack Moving and Storage, Inc. is an independent, competitively-priced, full-service moving and storage company headquartered in Sterling, Virginia. We have a long and proud history of providing relocation and transportation solutions to clients locally and nationwide. Carmack is known for their innovation, knowledgeable people, high reliability, and excellent customer service. We have a state-of-the-art storage facility to store your treasures safely - short term or long term. Virginia Household Goods Carrier Certificate #665 U.S. DOT #1503939

Campbell Moving & Storage Inc

Campbell Moving is a Combat Veteran Family Business founded in 1978. The Campbell Moving mission is to be all that we can be because our customers deserve nothing less. We will be more than happy to serve you! Campbell Moving is a local, long distance, and international moving and storage company. Campbell Moving is one of the oldest moving companies established in the Northern Virginia area. Our ultimate goal is to develop long-lasting relationships with our wonderful client base.

Offers by Campbell Moving & Storage Inc on Angi
Randall Moving & Storage

Family owned, well-established moving and storage company offering full service local & long distance moves. Certified American Moving & Storage Association ProMovers, Randall Moving & Storage offers the highest level of professional moving services with reasonable pricing. Integrity in all business practices is the very core of Randall Moving & Storage and its employees.

09/11/2020

I've used Around Town Movers Before and went back to them for my recent local move. The move went smoothly and the movers were hard workers. But somehow during the process of my move, my TV broke. I called the corporate office and filed a claim for my TV. They were basically non responsive but I was persistent and continued to call the moving company back to check in with my claim. They finally offered me a $50 credit to 'maintain good relations.' They said they aren't sure what happened. I paid for a local move and tipped each mover. I expected them to act responsibly and cover the claim for anyone but especially a returning customer. I'm shocked and infuriated they refuse to take responsibility for something that they broke.

Description of Work
Moving Locally

05/11/2020

Excellent service from start to finish. Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Long distance move

04/04/2018

broke most of my treasures from around the world. Manager laughed when I complained

Description of Work
move across town

11/20/2017

Excellent. I worked with Erik and he was very pleasant and willing to work with me on time schedules, etcetera.

Description of Work
Shot term move into storage facility -used 2x

Category moving companies

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for allowing Around Town Movers to help you on multiple occasions. We appreciated your business. All the best, The ATM Management Team

08/26/2017

They damaged a lot of my furniture but I let it go, it's okay. Responsiveness was good. If they had told me what furniture they had damaged and what was behind the duct tape to hide it. I didn't even know it was damaged until after a month or two. If they had owned up to it, it would have been fine.

Description of Work
They provide moving services.

Category moving companies

Hi Ankrit Thanks so much for allowing Our Guys Moving and Storage to handle your job. We appreciate you posting your review!

08/02/2017

I was a little disappointed with the packers. I was estimated 8-9 hours for packing (3 level townhouse with a furnished basement) and told by Karl who came out to assess my load that the more I do, the less the company would do. I ended up packing almost my entire basement (except for a guest bathroom and one utility closet) and my whole main floor (except for the kitchen and a few wall hangings). It still took the packers 8.5 hours. It makes me wonder how long they would have taken if I didn't pack as much as I did OR if they were stretching out their time. The movers also took the whole estimated time despite having loaded 5 CRV loads and 2 pick-up truck loads myself. However, they were very respectful to newly painted walls and newly laid flooring and everything was undamaged and accounted for.

Description of Work
I hired both packers and movers for an in town move.

Category moving companies

Hi Thanks so much for posting your feedback and allowing Our Guys to handle your pack and move. We were glad to hear this move came in on budget as we planned. Let us know how we can serve you in the future! All the best,

07/19/2017

It was really good, they were really quick. It was an easy move/ They were on time. they are very quick dn efficient.

Description of Work
Moving.

Category moving companies

Hi Thank for posting your feedback and for allowing us to handle your job! All the best, Our Guys Moving and Storage

07/07/2017

The movers came on time and helped to individually wrap and protect all the furniture. They listened to my concerns on some of my better pieces - and delivered quality service. I had my things placed in storage and delivered 6 months later - the transitions were smooth and professionally done.

Description of Work
Place my furniture and home goods in storage for 6 months and deliver my things across state lines

Category moving companies,storage units

Hi Thanks so much for your review and for allowing Our Guys to handle your job! All the best, Our Guys Moving and Storage

06/24/2017

The whole move went smoothly and on the hottest day of spring!

Description of Work
I moved from a 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom house. It took 2- 26 ft. trucks to haul everything. There were numerous figurines to wrap and they did so very carefully. 6 men worked in teams.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for posting your positive experience with Our Guys!

06/24/2017

Great job- the crew worked extremely hard and efficiently

Description of Work
Move from 3 level town home in Herndon to private residence in Haymarket including packing

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for posting your positive experience with Our Guys!

The spirit of Around Town Movers is to be helpful. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service and support before, during and after each move. Whether you are moving across town, across the state, or across the country, let our Movers do the heavy lifting to ensure a smooth move. Services include: residential and office moving, in-home moves, single-item moves, junk removal, senior move management, packing, unpacking, piano moving, climate-controlled storage & more.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check