Around Town Movers

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2010

101 International Dr # 120

Sterling, VA 20166

Let Around Town Movers Help You With Your Next Move. Serving Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Moving and Storage. Local and Regional Moving Specialists. Professional Movers 35+ Years Experience. Great Price. Great Service. Let Our Movers Do The Heavy Lifting on your next move. We offer free shrink

11/15/2022

Lisa B.

Four reasons why you should hire Around Town Movers: 1) Of all the quotes I received their quote most closely aligned with actual number of manhours and equipment required to accomplish my move. You can trust their estimate! 2) The movers were extremely careful with the handling of my possessions (and I am picky!). They paid attention to my “special care warnings” with prized items and clearly communicated damage/dings on items before they were moved. 3) Movers were efficient, HARD WORKING, ethical, respectful, and frankly impressive in speed and sheer ability – superheroes in disguise (the company t-shirts do not do them justice). 4) Your anxiety level associated with moving will decrease exponentially within the first 30-minutes seeing them in action. My only negatives, so no reader thinks I am being overly generous, would be that despite forecast hurricane rains, the company was unwilling to reschedule the move for the next day until the actual hurricane rains created unsafe working conditions. However, as soon as the weather did indeed materialize to be as severe as predicted, they were quick to reassess and move to the next morning. Also, half the crew showed up almost 30-minutes late. And the unload took quite a bit longer than the load-up (to be expected due to stairs and general fatigue). Overall summary – Around Town Movers was worth the money and I would absolutely hire them again!

Description of Work
Local move - 3800 sqft single family home into a 4-level 2500 sqft townhouse.

09/11/2020

Hannah R.

I've used Around Town Movers Before and went back to them for my recent local move. The move went smoothly and the movers were hard workers. But somehow during the process of my move, my TV broke. I called the corporate office and filed a claim for my TV. They were basically non responsive but I was persistent and continued to call the moving company back to check in with my claim. They finally offered me a $50 credit to 'maintain good relations.' They said they aren't sure what happened. I paid for a local move and tipped each mover. I expected them to act responsibly and cover the claim for anyone but especially a returning customer. I'm shocked and infuriated they refuse to take responsibility for something that they broke.

Description of Work
Moving Locally

05/11/2020

Stacy J.

Excellent service from start to finish. Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Long distance move

04/04/2018

Mark K.

broke most of my treasures from around the world. Manager laughed when I complained

Description of Work
move across town

11/20/2017

Gayle G.

Excellent. I worked with Erik and he was very pleasant and willing to work with me on time schedules, etcetera.

Description of Work
Shot term move into storage facility -used 2x

Category moving companies

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for allowing Around Town Movers to help you on multiple occasions. We appreciated your business. All the best, The ATM Management Team

08/26/2017

Ankit G.

They damaged a lot of my furniture but I let it go, it's okay. Responsiveness was good. If they had told me what furniture they had damaged and what was behind the duct tape to hide it. I didn't even know it was damaged until after a month or two. If they had owned up to it, it would have been fine.

Description of Work
They provide moving services.

Category moving companies

Hi Ankrit Thanks so much for allowing Our Guys Moving and Storage to handle your job. We appreciate you posting your review!

08/02/2017

Kaitlin K.

I was a little disappointed with the packers. I was estimated 8-9 hours for packing (3 level townhouse with a furnished basement) and told by Karl who came out to assess my load that the more I do, the less the company would do. I ended up packing almost my entire basement (except for a guest bathroom and one utility closet) and my whole main floor (except for the kitchen and a few wall hangings). It still took the packers 8.5 hours. It makes me wonder how long they would have taken if I didn't pack as much as I did OR if they were stretching out their time. The movers also took the whole estimated time despite having loaded 5 CRV loads and 2 pick-up truck loads myself. However, they were very respectful to newly painted walls and newly laid flooring and everything was undamaged and accounted for.

Description of Work
I hired both packers and movers for an in town move.

Category moving companies

Hi Thanks so much for posting your feedback and allowing Our Guys to handle your pack and move. We were glad to hear this move came in on budget as we planned. Let us know how we can serve you in the future! All the best,

07/19/2017

Robin P.

It was really good, they were really quick. It was an easy move/ They were on time. they are very quick dn efficient.

Description of Work
Moving.

Category moving companies

Hi Thank for posting your feedback and for allowing us to handle your job! All the best, Our Guys Moving and Storage

07/07/2017

Yvette D.

The movers came on time and helped to individually wrap and protect all the furniture. They listened to my concerns on some of my better pieces - and delivered quality service. I had my things placed in storage and delivered 6 months later - the transitions were smooth and professionally done.

Description of Work
Place my furniture and home goods in storage for 6 months and deliver my things across state lines

Category moving companies, storage units

Hi Thanks so much for your review and for allowing Our Guys to handle your job! All the best, Our Guys Moving and Storage

06/24/2017

Cathie S.

The whole move went smoothly and on the hottest day of spring!

Description of Work
I moved from a 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom house. It took 2- 26 ft. trucks to haul everything. There were numerous figurines to wrap and they did so very carefully. 6 men worked in teams.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for posting your positive experience with Our Guys!

06/24/2017

Mike C.

Great job- the crew worked extremely hard and efficiently

Description of Work
Move from 3 level town home in Herndon to private residence in Haymarket including packing

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for posting your positive experience with Our Guys!

05/08/2017

James N.

The guys with Our Guys were great. My wife was thoroughly impressed with them and how nice they were. They took great cares to protect our items from getting damage. They even helped my wife and took lots and lots of heavy items to the curb for trash pick up. We had a wall mounted tv and they helped took it down when we couldn't do it. The move took a total of 9 hours, about 4 more hours than I originally anticipated, but that was because I didn't realize just how much we still had to move at the time I call them.

Description of Work
We needed a mover to help us move from Manassas to Herndon on Sat. After calling several movers, I decided on Our Guys Around Town.

Category moving companies

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thanks so much for your feedback and for using Our Guys !!!

05/01/2017

Joan Rachel O.

Jose and team were excellent. They showed up on time and worked fast and efficient.

Description of Work
We hired Our Guys Around Town Movers for a local move. We moved from a 2 bedroom condo to a 3 bedroom single family house.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for your review and for using Our Guys!

04/11/2017

Candace S.

The movers were very professional and wrapped our furniture extremely well for the trip. Everything went very smoothly. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Move family furniture to cousins house in Annapolis

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for your feedback and for using Our Guys!

04/03/2017

Marilyn S.

The workers complained they were misinformed about the size of our home (the stairs). Some of them smoked around our property while in the back bay of the truck, we do not smoke and had to ask them not to smoke around our boxes/furniture. They took a 1 hour break and tried to tell us it was 30 minutes. We clocked it from the moment they stopped following us to the new house. It was a hot day so Lord knows they needed a break, but don't minimize the time you weren't working. The men laid all the boxes all over and tried to be sneaky and lay boxes marked office, after saying where do these boxes go, on the ground floor. It mostly was one employee that was the last one, the rest had to pick up his slack. This employee also asked if I could give him my property and seemed peeved that I would not oblige.

Description of Work
Moved from townhouse to single family home.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for your feedback and for using Our Guys!

03/27/2017

Joan R.

Move went smoothly from initial contact to completion of move.

Description of Work
We changed from an office situation to working from home. The movers had to deliver office furniture to two separate locations.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for the review. We greatly appreciate it!

03/01/2017

Wendy H.

I think the price was good also. The work was good. Things were not broken and everything showed up. They are very helpful and responsive to what you ask them to do. They were very friendly, competent, and did their work quickly.

Description of Work
We were moving from one house to another house locally and they helped us pack up our stuff and then, moved it, placed it in a new house.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback and for using Our Guys Movers.

03/01/2017

Brian W.

It went fine. There were no issues with them. They are a great company. It was great. The workers were great.

Description of Work
They helped us move.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback and for using Our Guys Movers!

Sara N.

It turned out great. The workers were very nice, polite, and did an excellent job. They left the furniture clean; it was excellent; it was in the condition that we had before we moved it. They were very responsive and they were on time. I don't think they need to improve on anything.

Description of Work
They moved us from one house and into a new one.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for using Our Guys Movers!

Jennifer T.

The highlight of Our Guys were the Packers. The packers did a great job being efficient and securing all of our items and unpacking items into the new house. I highly recommend them for the packing AND unpacking service. The movers were punctual, really nice, and moved quickly, but were also cautious to not break or damage anything.

Description of Work
We used Our Guys for the move back into our house after a major year long renovation, moving items from both our 3 bedroom apartment and a 10x30 storage unit. Our Guys also packed our entire apartment before the move and unpacked it in the new house.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for using Our Guys Movers for your packing, moving and unpacking needs!

Shaugn O.

They would probably be the first ones we call. They're priced is short notice. They're willing to work with you. They'll just carry boxes if that's all you want, or pack everything if that's all you want. They'll use their truck or yours. They're very flexible.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for your review and for using Our Guys!

Shaugn O.

It turned out great! They were on time. They helped move. I kind of done a lot of packing myself, so I can't grade that aspect of it. They were quick and courteous.

Description of Work
They helped me move.

Category moving companies

Thank your for your feedback and for using Our Guys!

02/21/2017

Mary V.

Well, they were on time, worked diligently and professionally and even had on handv some extra supplies to reinforce packaging that I had done poorly.

Description of Work
Local move of boxes to storage, another local move to apartment

Category moving companies, storage units

Thank you for your feedback and allowing Our Guys to serve you not once, but twice. Let us know how we can help in the future. Best, Our Guys Movers.

02/20/2017

Marcia B.

Ok - the mover complained about how heavy a few pieces were and one told me I shouldn't have so much furniture. Thought that was odd.

Description of Work
Moving furniture.

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for using Our Guys!

02/01/2017

Jen D.

Efficient, professional and courteous workers, good price We had an emergency office move and Eric told me the most important thing I needed to know right up front. Price per hour. Also, how many guys I would need, the most efficient use of the truck and reserved everything for me quickly without wasting my time.Movers were awesome!Thank you Guys!

Description of Work
Move office to two different locations. One of them was up 13 steep steps.

Category moving companies

Thank you for using Our Guys and allowing us to serve you. Please let us know how we can be of any assistance in the future. All the Best, Our Guys Movers.

Carmack Moving & Storage

Carmack Moving and Storage, Inc. is an independent, competitively-priced, full-service moving and storage company headquartered in Sterling, Virginia. We have a long and proud history of providing relocation and transportation solutions to clients locally and nationwide. Carmack is known for their innovation, knowledgeable people, high reliability, and excellent customer service. We have a state-of-the-art storage facility to store your treasures safely - short term or long term. Virginia Household Goods Carrier Certificate #665 U.S. DOT #1503939

AIS Companies, LLC

AIS Companies, LLC is the most trusted provider of dumpster rental, roll off rental, and hauling services in the Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland metropolitan areas. By providing the finest service possible, we establish long-term relationships with commercial and residential customers. We rent dumpsters in sizes ranging from 20 to 30 yards. Considering our rental terms are adjustable, you can rent for as little as one day or as long as a couple of weeks. Our trained drivers will arrive at your place to collect the dumpster  and its contents. We make things simple for you!

2022 Super Service Award

Hauler at me

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

The spirit of Around Town Movers is to be helpful. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service and support before, during and after each move. Whether you are moving across town, across the state, or across the country, let our Movers do the heavy lifting to ensure a smooth move. Services include: residential and office moving, in-home moves, single-item moves, junk removal, senior move management, packing, unpacking, piano moving, climate-controlled storage & more.