Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since January 2010

45945 Trefoil Ln Ste 172

Sterling, VA 20166

Antiques & Furniture Restoration, Inc. was founded in 1991 in New York City. In 1996, we moved our service to Sterling, Virginia. We are a full service antiques and furniture restoration company. Our 3000 square foot shop handles complete repair and refinishing services, specializing in French Polishing, Color Matching, Piece Replacement, Re-gluing and Repairing. Antique Furniture and Restoration, Inc. also handles Insurance Claims for fire, smoke and water damage. The focus of our work is on maintaining and restoring the look and artistic value of our client’s fine furniture, as well as retaining the value and integrity of the antique. To do so we utilize the finest traditions of quality hand craftsmanship available, we do so with all environmentally safe products. We have by far the most experience with environmentally safe and oil base products . Our products are highly durable and can achieve any look and feel from hand rubbed oil to lacquer and French polish finishes. Every step in the total process-from the stripping to the final finish-is done by hand. Our company, has over twenty years experience in the field of antique refinishing and restoration. The skills the company has acquired have been obtained through hands-on experience under the guidance of Haridi and his staff of various local craftsmen and experts. The restoration process involves the use of precious woods and products treated in a way as to preserve their antique value. Every step of our refinishing and restoration process is done in such a way as to preserve the original colors and tonalities of the wood. Every effort is made to ensure the warmth of your furniture. Our finishing is done using only the finest products....

02/27/2021

cynthia C.

I made the contract to have work done and the company took the money out of my account before the work was even done I complained to Angies list about this. The contractor was not timely, he did not have shoe cover so he removed his shoes and worked in his bare feet. I did not realize he was bare footed until he was almost finished. He did not complete the job in one day. He tried to reschedule on a weekend I can not have someone in my house on Saturday and Sunday. The project was never finished and I have not been able to contact them.

Description of Work
repair shelf in china cabinet and glue two chairs back together

Category furniture repair

Are you sure, because this sounds very funny? We do not have any record of being contacted by you or doing any work for you in the past but we may be wrong. We aim for 100% satisfaction and that is the most rewarding part of our job. Please give us a call or shoot us an email anytime. We would love to hear about how we could've made your experience better or if you had any issues. —KH Phone:703-437-7446 Email: info@refinishing.org

07/16/2019

Ann L.

We feel that our bookcase was treated by these artists as if it is a personal family heirloom . In fact, we feel as though they thought of it it as their own! The work was superbly done, and we could not be more pleased!!

Description of Work
Complete restoration of an antique rotating bookcase

Category furniture repair,antiques

Thank you for the review and for trusting us to do the work! I'm pleased you liked the final turnout.

03/30/2019

Charles H.

Overall excellent service and work product. This outfit truly knows what they are doing, they do it promptly and at a fair price. The end-result was top-flight. They take genuine pride in their work, which further sets them apart.

Description of Work
Repair and refinishing of a custom French dining room table

Category furniture repair,woodworking,antiques

10/10/2018

David R.

Table looks great. This was a difficult challenge and the company did a nice job. Chairs cleaning was good.

Description of Work
Refinish dining table; clean associated chairs

Category furniture repair

I'm pleased you liked the final turnout.

01/29/2018

Victor P.

Furniture came back better than when Ethan Allen delivered the new items.

Description of Work
refinished two end tables and a coffee table

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the review, I'm pleased you liked the final turnout.

01/21/2018

John M.

A few days later Haridi called to say it was finished. The finished product is great!! It is stripped and sanded, ready for me to finish the job. The quality of the work was very professional, given the amount of paint that had to be stripped and the age of the toolbox. Haridi also gave me great suggestions on making my DIY project higher quality.

Description of Work
I had a very old (1900ish) tool box that was handmade and had a lot of historical value because it was used in the mines by coal miners. Unfortunately it was painted with several coats of old oil-based house paint. I wanted to refinish it myself, but needed it stripped to begin the process. I got an accurate estimate using their online process. When I delivered it Haridi did a close inspection and we agreed on the work.

09/30/2017

Katherine J.

We could not be more pleased. The estimate process was smooth. Their experience and expertise are at the very top. It was a great pleasure to work with Yasser and Khaled they are most professional. From the initial contact until delivery it was obvious that the MOST important consideration for them was our satisfaction. Our expectations were met and surpassed. They maintain a wonderful positive attitude and took as much time as necessary to be sure we understood the process and o so throughout the entire experience. A huge factor in their ability to satisfy is the manner through which they kept us involved in the stain color selection and the courtesy they show even when arranging for pick up and delivery. Its hard to find anybody in any industry approaching the client/buyer the way everybody at A&FR does every day. The hall end table was a challenge inasmuch as there is intricate inlay and veneer throughout the design. If you have anything with a similar assembly you must not go anywhere other than Antiques & Furniture Restoration Inc. We are already picking furniture to bring to them for additional work.

Description of Work
Refinish an oak table top, a desk chair, and a hall end table.

09/20/2017

Lynn I.

They never contacted me after I sent them pictures of the furniture at their request.

Description of Work
Dining table top and one leg need to be refinished.

08/02/2017

Joanna F.

They did a magnificent job! This is a great company. They were very sensitive to the sentimental value of the rocking chair. They went above and beyond what other providers might do to find the perfect stain, and they checked in with me regularly, showing me the stains, to make sure I liked it. I was also invited to their shop to check out the stains and their work in progress, and I was sent pictures of their work in progress. They are very professional and a pleasure to work with. The chair is gorgeous, and I can now see the wood's beautiful grain. Also, they repaired an arm that had come off and reinforced the other. To match the chair, they used wood pegs for the repairs. Before they repaired the chair, it creaked and seemed shaky; now it does not creak and feels sturdy. I give Antiques & Furniture Restoration, Inc. my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
They restored and repaired my grandmother's cherry wood rocking chair which is over 100 years old.

06/28/2017

Danielle M.

The work was completed with high quality and the dresser looks great!

Description of Work
Two legs of an antique dresser were replaced

Opulent Interiors

Opulent Interiors Design provides a wide variety of interior design and refurbishing services. If you need help with your residential and commercial projects, turn to us. Our team has more than 45 years of experience in the industry. Please visit our website for more information: https://opulentinteriorsdesign.com/

JW Home Improvement

JWHI provides world-class customer service with consistent and superior workmanship and strives to be the trusted market leader in the home improvement industry. Super Service Award Winner TEN years in a row and running. Contact us today to discuss your next home project. We look forward to working with you!

Offers by JW Home Improvement on Angi
    MC Interiors

***Please email photos of your project for FREE ESTIMATE *** MC Interiors provides expert craftsmanship and competitive prices on custom upholstery, slipcovers, window treatments, bed coverings, antique restoration, new blinds (no repairs) and caning. We provide superior service and quality, and our work is completed on the premises and not shipped off to contractors. We serve customers in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Give us a call today for a convenient over the phone quote. We have an extensive selection of fabrics -- over 1,000 different styles and colors in stock. We can order any fabric, even those we don't carry. Come to our showroom and select your fabric from hundreds of beautiful swatches.

Antiques
    Furniture - Sales
    Upholstering - Boat & Auto
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover

Antiques Restoration. Furniture Refinishing. Upholstery. Wood Repairs. Exterior and Interior Door Refinishing. Kitchen Cabinets Refinishing. Table Refinishing. Dresser and Chest Refinishing. Dining Table Refinishing. Commercial Projects.

We do no specialize in Touch Up. We do not Repair Upholstery. We only do complete Re-upholstery.