ADM Tree Service & Landscaping LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2007

PO Box 313

Sterling, VA 20167

ADM is safe, professional tree care company providing full tree services for commercial and residential customers. ​We are committed to providing our clients the best tree care and tree removal services possible with a priority on efficiency effectiveness. Additional phone: (703) 771-8080. Additional contact: Adan Morejon. ...

08/08/2018

NELSON E.

Everything went well. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Tree trimming / topping

06/13/2018

Robert D.

Very efficient and an excellent price. Could not have asked for better service in removing a dead tree from my yard.

Description of Work
Tree removal

06/15/2017

MOLLI C.

I have used ADM for the past five years on at least nine occasions, and it is hands-down the ONLY tree company I will use. The employees are friendly, thoughtful, professional, and reliable. For the most part, it's been the same crew, so they know my property very well. Carlos, the expert who cuts the trees, is a true "artist". He verifies where I want trees to be dropped on the ground, then he orchestrates the crew to hit the very spot. The owner Fidel is responsive to my calls and arrives to every job to inspect. After the work is done, the crew fully cleans, rakes, blows the site and the road where the chipper is parked. I've had them drop huge Oaks, grind stumps, and dig ditches. Again, I don't even bother with other companies. ADM is the best and the prices are competitive and fair.

Description of Work
Tree removal / stump grind / French drain

Category lawn service, tree service

11/29/2016

Ken T.

The work is completed. Overall, we are very satisfied with the work and cost. The cost is lowest among other quotes I received. I took the risk with taking the lowest bidder. The crew are hardworking and seems to know what that they are doing. The job turns out okay. I asked them not to use Spike to climb the trees, and they did not. I believe if you can get great result if you know what you need. Also, I suggest you should be there while they work. They are willing to improvise/adjust amount of pruning/trimming.

Description of Work
Top and Trim 12 Leyland Cypress, trim 3 other trees, and remove one undesirable tree.

04/09/2016

Cynthia M.

They did a great job on removing the fallen tree and standing tree. Good price on the job and even lowered the price after one of our trees fell in a storm (we got the quote before the tree fell down). Quick to respond and do the work. Cleaned up nicely. BUT - our front tree was butchered. They removed 3x as many limbs as we asked for. Came home to see the result and was quite shocking - the contract clearly states, trim small and broken branches. They removed so many that we are concerned for the health of the tree. When I called to ask, the response was that it was "to make the tree look better" and that removing so many branches will actually improve its health since the remaining branches will grow stronger. Clearly I'm no tree expert, but I expected a phone call to discuss the options of removing so many branches BEFORE they actually performed this work. These actions cannot be undone. In the future, ADM services should call and talk to their customers before they make a unilateral decision that goes counter to what the contract states.

Description of Work
Removed one fallen tree, cut down and removed one standing tree, ground both stumps, trimmed large front tree, hauled away wood.

12/29/2014

Anna Pruett E.

I highly recommend their work. It was affordable and professional. They came highly recommended by a neighbor as well. I called on a Friday morning to get an estimate for removal of a large, dead branch on a pine tree that had dropped a number of branches last winter. The estimator stopped by that afternoon. We did a walk through of the back yard. He provided a written estimate for about $250 just to remove the branch, or $700 to remove the whole tree. He also recommended removing a large branch from an oak tree which had some damage for $150. He left the estimate and told us to contact them if we were ready to do the work. He was professional, friendly and direct. The estimate was in line with other estimates we had received. I called back the next week to schedule the work to remove the pine tree and the oak branch, and I was able to schedule it within a couple days according to my availability. The team arrived the scheduled morning at about 7:30 in very cold, windy weather. They went right to work and stayed cheerful and friendly throughout. They respectfully asked me to have my neighbor move his car out of the way of the work to avoid damage. The work took about 4 to 5 hours total. I was home while they worked, but went out to run a couple errands. They cleaned up well, and just a few stay mulch chips behind.

Description of Work
Cut down one large pine tree, and one large branch of an oak tree, and removed all wood and debris. (Did not include stump removal.)

10/02/2014

Max R.

I received a call when the estimator was going to be a few minutes late, which I appreciated. We got the best price from ADM and we were very happy with the work. We will recommend them, in fact our neighbors have them working in their yard today!

Description of Work
2 trees removed, grind the stumps, cleanup, found and planted 2 trees that we specifically wanted.

09/20/2014

Brian P.

We are budgeting currently and asked for 3 estimates on various trees to be removed. Despite probably coming across as difficult clients and wanting various scenarios, the owner was so professional and understanding and broke down the cost for us in many ways. While we are still saving, they will be our first choice come this fall winter for a very large job. It's hard to find companies like this in today's society.

Description of Work
Got a quote for several trees- great owner

07/11/2014

Jessica G.

Fidel was extremely responsive through email and offered a very good price for same week work. His guys were prompt, fast, nice, and did a very good job. Probably best to email than call.

Description of Work
Cut and removed dead branches from huge pin oak tree, including raising the canopy and clearing out conflicting branches.

07/03/2014

Susan C.

This company is not to be trusted and be aware you will be threatened with legal action. I would recommend not using this company for anything. I have reported them to the BBB.org as well.

Description of Work
I called and had ADM come to the house to give me a quote on removal of a tree and removal of some poison ivy and to spray behind my shed for the ivy. They came out and told me it would cost 575.00 to in one day trim a large bush out back, spray and pull the ivy and then return the next day to spray once again. The total on the paper reads TOTAL: 575.00, with a note to the lower right regarding the quote for the tree removal. I told them to go ahead with the ivy but not the tree as i was not prepared financially to have it removed. i was called Saturday after the estimate saying they would be there Monday. No one came Monday, I took a day off work to meet them. I called at 1:30 only to be told it would be Tuesday, and they blamed the desk person for a miscommunication. I was told i could leave payment in my mailbox, i'm glad i didn't. I received a text picture Tuesday morning while i am at work of the tree taken down that i specifically said i was not prepared to have removed. in doing so they smashed a bush, broke some pavers, didn't do the posion ivy work they were only supposed to be doing and sprayed more areas and plants in my yard that shouldn't have been. When trying to deal with the person who came out to give the quote he is telling me "Mrs. you signed the papers..." After several days of back and forth over this issue they threatened legal action if i didn't pay them. The paper says upon completion, it is to this day still not complete.

Category tree service

This costumer was given a written estimate and was signed by her. We completed every service she wanted us to do and now she doesn't want to pay the amount it was given to her. We've put this customer in the department of collection for not paying. Every customer gets a written estimate and regards the price, they sign to accept the price which is when we begin to do the work. When signed, it means we do the work and they pay the cost it was given to them. Her work was completed just like it was said and signed on the estimate. The price it was given her for the services was $1090.00, which included the removal of poison Ivy and sprayed, removal of pruce pine tree with the stump together, and pruned some shrubs in the back yard. Everything was done by completion and according to the estimate everything was signed and done.

05/19/2014

Catherine M.

Great service, excellent response time and a job well done. We will use them again

Description of Work
Removed one large pine tree, grinded the stump as well as another tree stump we had near it.

04/29/2014

Robert Z.

Very Good! They were on time and quick. Did a wonderful job professionally. Made some trimming suggestions but did not insist or try to up sell. Left the property clean and neat. Need tree service? Look no further, these are your guys!!!!!

Description of Work
We had a mature Bradford pear split and fall over. Fidel estimated $500 to remove the tree and grind the stump (a two part process).We agreed and they such a wonderful, complete and rapid job, we asked for 6 more trees on the property to be trimmed and cleaned. The crew came back and completed the work just as professionally as the removal.

03/17/2014

Mark T.

They came one day to remove trees and followed up a few days later to grind up stumps. Mrs. Utility needed to come out prior to grinding up stumps. Excellent prices.

Description of Work
Cut and removed 3 pine trees. Trimmed 2 trees.

10/22/2013

Nicole G.

I honestly do not believe that I have ever been so frustrated and disappointed in service and communication as with ADM Tree. I asked for and received a quote to remove a large tree in my front yard, grind stump and remove all debris. It was supposed to be done on one day but ultimately they had to break into two different dates because they failed to contact utility for marking. (And they wanted to proceed without the marking to which I would not agree due to the power lines that ran under the tree.) Important to point out that I specifically asked prior to finalizing the date for removal that they would have everything marked and ready and they confirmed it to be so. Also had to deal with frustration that on the second trip they wanted to charge me extra to remove the stump debris. Communication of pertinent details was horrible. Several times throughout the process information would be changed and I would be told "that is how it works". I believe that information of "how it works" should be clearly communicated to prevent misunderstandings and confusion. The rating was increased to "D" mainly because of the price. But had I known the frustration and delays that I would experience I would have gone with ANY other company. I am extremely disappointing. I included this company in my bids and ultimately selected them due to their positive reviews here on Angie's List. I personally can't recommend them in any fashion nor will I use them in the future.

Description of Work
Provider was "supposed" to remove a large tree, grind stump and remove all debris. Which did ultimately get done but not without issues.

Category tree service

The property had some underground cables that could damage, this is why you need to call the utility line in virginia and when the request is made to the dial takes between 3-5 days. But the lady did not undestand that, that we do for safety of the property and while they do not reach mark can not remove the stump. Always dial is necessary to avoid the risk of property damage.

08/26/2013

Lorina T.

Showed up when they said they would and took care of the job. I was happy with them. I tried to pay by credit card and they said no. Their page on Angie's List showed that they accept credit cards. I didn't argue since it was a small dollar amount. If I had a larger job in the future, I would be sure to ask in advance if I can pay by credit card.

Description of Work
Cut down and removed a dead tree in our back yard.

08/09/2013

Derek L.

Terrible!!!!!! hired these clowns and they knocked down 10 other trees on my property and wouldn't clean up the mess , Had to hire another company to remove all the other knocked down trees because they would not return my calls. A week later I saw a dip in my roof. went on roof and saw the tree hit my house . I had a new roof installed 1 week prior. called the owner he tried to tell me that damage was there before. So now I have an attorney chasing this clowns insurance company who is trying not to cover the cost because these jerks ( ADM) are not honest and wont admit to hitting my home. I have 3 cracked trusses , 2 holes in my roof, cracked skylight, bowed wall and cracked brick and an out of pocket expense to clean there mess up so far for $2500.00 BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Description of Work
CUT TREE DOWN HIT MY HOUSE AND TRIED TO HIDE IT!!!!!

Category leaf removal

08/07/2013

Kathleen K.

Whole process was smooth. FIdel's team was very professional. Came in and clean out 7 large trees (many of them very sick), removed all wood and ground stumps as well as removed stump grounds and filled with dirt and layed hay. All I had to do was put grass seed down. This is the second time I have used ADM and if I ever cut any other tress down I will definitely hire them again. Thanks Fidel!!!

Description of Work
Removed 7 very large trees (approximatley 70+ years old). Removed all wood and ground stumps.

Category leaf removal

06/19/2013

Charles P.

Shortly after leaving town last week a tree in our front yard was knocked down in the big storm on 6/13. Our neighbor phoned and sent us a picture through email. I found ADM Tree Service on Angie's List, I called them and made arrangements to remove the tree and stump the very next morning. They arrived on time and did an excellent job. I will definitely use them again in the future. Special thanks to them for making it so easy to make all arrangements while away from home.

Description of Work
Removed a tree and stump.

06/13/2013

JAMES B.

The company provided me with a written quote on their first visit which went fine. A couple of tree service companies actually came to my house to solicit for removing the tree, and I passed because I wanted to use a local company which had good reviews on Angie's List. I called on a Monday morning to schedule and gave my address and phone number and was told that due to bad weather they couldn't come out that day, but would call to schedule a time tomorrow (Tuesday). On Tuesday I called them and the girl said they would be at my house to do the job at 11:00 AM. I proceeded to work to get a few hours in before they would be arriving at 11:00 AM. I then received a call at around 10:00 AM and the girl said she was confused because my neighbor had called. I pressed her for the address of my "neighbor" and the address was at least a mile from my home. She sounded confused, and said she would get things straight and call me back. At 10:45 I called her (she didn't call back) and she said that the workers would be at my house in 1/2 hour, so I proceeded home. When I arrived home, the crew was there and they had already taken down the tree (they said they'd been there for 40 minutes). I'm shocked that the crew would arrive at a home with no signed contract and no owner present and take down a tree. The situation was complicated by the fact that I actually "wanted" the wood, and the crew had already loaded about 1/2 of the tree in their truck. I wasn't going to make them unload it from the truck and stack it back in the woods, so I just left it be, but I'm very unhappy about the way things turned out. The bottom line is I turned away two companies that would have performed the work while I watched and I turned them away because I wanted to use a local company with good reviews, but in this case due to the scheduling helter-skelter I was unsatisfied with the work. Don't get me wrong, the workers were good, but I can't believe they are so haphazardly managed. The girl scheduling told me they wouldn't be there for another half hour, but instead they had already been there for 40 minutes, and they proceeded to cut down a tree with no-one home and only a verbal go-ahead over the phone. Your mileage may vary.

Description of Work
Removed one large dead tree.

06/01/2013

Mary D.

I emailed 6 tree service companies on a Saturday to get some estimates for pruning some very high (50 feet or higher in some cases) dead limbs and removing trees that were too close to the house. Fidel was the only one to get back to me over the weekend (not necessary, since this wasn't an emergency, but it was nice to have an estimate lined up for the following week). He came by when he said he would, and because he was my first estimate, I had nothing to compare it to. Then the other estimates came in ... 11,000, 7,500, 3,500 (for just the pruning, which Fidel said would only be $720) ... and so on. It was a no-brainer, I hired Fidel. His guys showed up on time to prune one day and then to remove the trees the next day. They were very professional and neat. I would recommend ADM to anyone without hesitation, and considering we live on 4 acres with many mature trees, I will certainly be calling ADM again in the future.

Description of Work
Pruned many mature oaks, beech, and poplar trees in my yard, and removed six small trees and two 70-foot oaks that were leaning toward the house.

05/29/2013

Cynthia K.

I scheduled an appointment to get an estimate on a weekday evening. On the day of the appointment the rep never showed up. He did not even call in advance to say he wasn't coming. I had to call him to find out he was unavailable. I will try another contractor.

Description of Work
Did not use this company

05/07/2013

Karen F.

Outstanding company! Fidel is the ONLY one who answered his phone "after hours" to scheduled a time for an estimate - I must have called at least a half dozen companies before finding his. He then scheduled an estimate for the next day. I have used his tree cutting services twice - both times estmates were done the next day and services performed within one-to-two days of the estimate. Very thorough and professional company. Expert, precision tree removal. I live in an old neighborhood with large old trees and small homes situated closely together, cars parked along the street, etc. They brought the huge trees down without any incident! They also completely remove all debris - it is as if they were never there - except the trees are gone! Their prices are the most reasonable I have found after getting multiple estimates. I will continue to use this company and refer them to everyone I know. I would not even bother checking with anyone else as their prices and quality of service are unbeatable.f

Description of Work
Removed multiple trees and stumps plus all debris.

04/01/2013

Roger C.

Robert Thompson employees arrived on time and completed the job. Tree stump was sawed off to the ground then the tree stump was extracted and the remaining roots were ground to mulch.

Description of Work
tree stump removal.

03/23/2013

Phillip O.

Fidel came out to provide me the estimate. He was about an hour later than the agreed-to time, but I had the day off anyway - no harm. He provided me no fuss, lowest price or $250 if I first cut the top of the stump to approximately the ground level where his grinder could engage it - an extra $20 for his crew to do it. When I told him I was an Angies List subscriber, he threw in that service as well for the $250 price. The crew came out the next day with the largest chainsaw I had seen in person, but I guess I should have mentioned that the tree was a hickory (an extremely hard wood) since it took the crew 45 min to shorten the stump. Next they brought the grinder, an enormous (trailored) machine, into my back yard. The crew was very careful to not damage other plants or my landscaping lighting as they maneuvered it to the stump. The actual grinding (chipping might be a better way to describe it) took an entire hour as the articulating blade moved sideways and down, approx 12" below the surface, just a fraction of an inch at a time. After completion, the area was raked and, again, nothing was damaged in the process. BTW - later I found that I could rent a similar machine from Sunbelt for $460/day! Strongly recommend ADS.

Description of Work
ADM first cut down the stump to a level that the grinder could engage. Then brought in the large 6-wheeled grinder to take the stump below ground level. At ground level, this stump was approximately 42" in diameter. All wood and shavings were left on site.

03/22/2013

Kathleen K.

The overall experience was good and they were very reasonably priced. The team was professional and worked hard. They cleaned up and were very courteous....would hire them again in an instant. Great Job!!!!

Description of Work
Fidel came out on Friday and gave a very reasonable estimate on having 3 large trees removed. He said he could have it done on Tuesday. On Tuesday they came out and did the job and were very professional. I would recommend them highly. I have even told my mother since she has a tree that needs to be trimmed. I have several other large trees in my yard and if they need to come down I will definitely hire ADM Tree Services and Landscaping again!!!

Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

Envirogrow

Envirogrow Lawn & Landscape is a full service residential and commercial maintenance company serving the Northern Virginia Area. We have been in business for over twenty years. Envirogrow is fully insured and has a Class A Virginia Contractors License. Our crews are uniformed, well trained and each crew is overseen by an English speaking supervisor. Chemical and pesticide applicators are certified by the state of Virginia. The office staff is courteous and responsive to a client’s needs. We perform all levels of maintenance from a simple weekly or biweekly lawn mowing to full service twelve month turnkey maintenance plans. Landscape enhancements, new plantings and annual flowers are an integral part of our service business.

Offers by Envirogrow on Angi
    Bartz Landscaping

Our Mission at Bartz Landscaping is to design, build, and maintain Outdoor Living Spaces and Scenery to create Timeless Memories for our Clients. Bartz Landscaping is a customer-centric organization that fulfills their daily operations and mission with the Utmost Care and Attention-To-Detail for our Customers. We believe that we will accomplish our Goals and Targets- by helping our Customers, Vendors, Staff, and Community in accomplishing Their Goals and Targets. Bartz Landscaping is specialized and exhibits their talents through Pool & Spa Building, Landscaping, Hardscaping & Masonry, Drainage Solutions, and Horticulture. Sean Bartz, Founder & Owner, can be found providing solutions, coaching and developing the Team, helping our Clients, and Sharing Smiles & Positivity. MHIC #137028. MDA- F1170

Offers by Bartz Landscaping on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Pruning, Topping, Cabling, Trimming, Stump Removal, Lot Clearing, Firewood, Free Wood & Tree Removal. Landscaping.