4 Star Custom Cleaning

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2007

501 west poplar rd

Sterling, VA 20164

Do you want your home or office to sparkle? Let our housekeeping professionals do the hard work for you, so you can focus on the important things -- or just relax. 4 Star Custom Cleaning offers a team of trusted, trained, and insured cleaning pros. Have been in business since 2000. You're in good, clean hands with us!...

04/04/2016

Catharine W.

We have worked with Jennifer for over 8 years. She is wonderful to work with, always does an excellent job, and is incredibly accommodating of our schedule and needs. Most importantly, she is very trustworthy and we've never had any problems. If we ever need an extra cleaning or particular attention to a spot in the house, Jennifer is always receptive to our requests.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Category house cleaning

A pleasure to work with. I have watch this family of husband and wife grow to a family with 3 kids and have always made me feel appreciated.

03/31/2016

Patricia J.

She did a great job ....did everything that I had asked her to do .

Description of Work
Jennifer was my cleaning angel.....my regular cleaner needed surgery and Jennifer stepped in to help me for 2 weeks in February of 2016. It was not an ideal job as it was for such a short time but Jennifer was willing to take it on. She was prompt, very efficient, and pleasant to have in my home. I would definetly hire her again. She took great care in her cleaning. She came on a visit to see my town house and had me explain just what I expected from the cleaning. Jennifer did a great job ......

Category house cleaning

It was a pleasure to have met you and provided a great cleaning while your help was recooperating. i hope that I can provide the same service for you in the future if ever needed.

02/10/2016

Susan M.

They always do a good job!! They are very prompt. If there is a problem of them getting here, they notify us immediately. Plus, they're nice people. That always helps! They are a 4 STAR CLEANING COMPANY!

Description of Work
4 star cleaners have been cleaning my house for close to 10 years. They provide a wonderful service. Not only do they clean every 2 weeks for us, but they also do special jobs...like cleaning the blinds.

Category house cleaning

Thank you [Member Name Removed], you have been wonderful clients for 11 years now. I have enjoyed watching your family grow and clean for them as well.

02/09/2016

Margaret K.

Prompt, thorough& professional

Description of Work
Total house cleaning- 3 floors 4 & 1/2 baths first visit

Category house cleaning, floor cleaning

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the review I'm glad that we could provide a cleaning that you were happy with. Now lady has a clean floor to lay on instead of her clean bed. Have a great day and I can't wait to see you next month

02/01/2016

David A.

General housecleaning: Windows Hardwood floors Vacuuming Dusting Changing bed linens She is flexible on scheduling either weekly or bi-weekly visits.

Description of Work
Jennifer has been providing housecleaning services to my family for many years (8+). She and her team provide full service house cleaning and very thorough, professional, and trustworthy.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning, floor cleaning

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we value your business. Each and every time we tried to go above our normal cleaning routine and ensuring that our clients are happy. We have had [Member Name Removed] as our client for 10 years now and of course we look forward to 10 more years with him

01/26/2016

Amanda M.

I have been using Jennifer and her team for years now. They are always punctual and do a great and thorough job in cleaning our house each time. I would highly recommend 4 stars cleaning.

Description of Work
Full house cleaning every 2 weeks

Category house cleaning

Thank you [Member Name Removed] I appreciate working for you and your in laws as well.

01/21/2016

Blair H.

She actually went above and beyond! She worked me into her schedule so I wouldn't have any fees or charges from the condo owner. It went great! After it was done the place looked better than when I moved in. There were some pretty big stains on the carpet, and they were all removed. Bathroom was cleaned spotless, along with all baseboards and windows. Walls were cleaned, removing any marks. It was done in a timely manner for a great price! Couldn't ask for more than that!! GREAT COMPANY!!!

Description of Work
Move out clean and steam cleaned carpets for a basement I was renting. Living room, bedroom, and bathroom

Category blind cleaning

This was a move out clean on a basement apartment. 1 bedroom 1 bath and a living area. Carpets were badly stained in the high traffic areas. Apartment came clean and carpets were awesome looking after we were done. Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your business

03/02/2015

ASHLEY K.

More than pleased, not only is the staff very friendly but very professional. When the services were completed they asked me to walk through the home to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. I was left very impressed and can't wait for next time.

Description of Work
4 star custom cleaning puts all the stars in their cleaning and organizing skills. The whole team impressed my husband and I with their level of professionalism and punctuality. The services exceeded what we were expecting in a cleaning company. My husband and I have very different surfaces in our house that is not common in your typical home the staff did research on our surfaces like natural stone in bathroom all the way to soap stone in my kitchen they did the necessary research to ensure they cleaned all surfaces in our home properly. Very very high on my referral list.

04/09/2009

Elizabeth A.

We hired Jennifer to clean our home every other week and, for a few months, things seemed fine. We began to notice a drop-off in the quality of the cleanings, though, after those few months. As my husband and I both work outside the home, we entrusted Jennifer with a key to the house and were not present for the cleanings. She called my cell on one cleaning day to tell me that she was almost done cleaning the house but that, upon arriving, she had noted that our front door was standing open. I was alarmed by this and asked her to look around for some specific things I was concerned might have been stolen (TVs, computers). I then asked her why she had waited so long to call and tell me about this; she said that she thought I must have been home and just stepped out. This explanation didn't sit well with me and contributed to our decision to suspend services. When we told Jennifer we were going to stop services, we asked her to return our key. Several weeks went by without the key being returned, and with several unreturned phone messages. In addition, emails bounced both to the original address listed and to another one Jennifer had given me. Finally, Jennifer responded to a voice mail I left with a text message telling me that she had mailed the key back the day after I had called to suspend services. I asked her by return text for the tracking number so that I could contact the post office/UPS/FedEx, or whomever she'd used. She responded that she'd sent our key back in a regular envelope, by regular first-class mail. We were quite upset at this, as we certainly expected our house key to be handled with more care and security. Given the amount of time that had passed, it was clear that the key was either not returned at all or that it had been lost in the mail. I indicated that we would need to change our locks and, given her role in the key going missing, we would expect her assistance with that cost. I have not heard from her since; that was three months ago. The cost of changing the locks was an unexpected and unpleasant expense but does not rise to the level of our wanting to deal further with this person. I held off on writing this review in the hopes that she would respond to my last communication, but it is now clear to me that she is not interested in doing right by her clients.

Description of Work
We hired Jennifer to clean our home biweekly.

07/16/2008

ULRIKE B.

Jennifer and her partner arrived on time, got right to work and finished cleaning my house in about three hours. They were personable and professional and did a fabulous job. Their thoroughness and attention to detail throughout the entire house were amazing. The bathrooms were all left sparkling and my hardwood floors have never looked better! I would highly recommend 4 Stars to anyone looking for a job well done.

Description of Work
4 Stars cleaned my two level, 3 BR, 2.5 BA, single family home.

Category house cleaning

THE MEMBER HAD A WONDERFUL HOUSE, HER FAMILY WAS VERY WELCOMING TO BOTH MY PARTNER AND I. THEY HAVE A DOG THAT WAS JUST A DEAR TO BE AROUND. I USUALLY LET MY CLIENTS KNOW WHO HAVE PETS THAT GO OUTSIDE THAT WE WILL BE FOUND TAKING THEIR DOGS OUT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. YOU WILL ALSO FIND MY PARTNER PLAYING WITH THEM.

07/16/2008

Janine S.

I did not think that they did a good job. I think that they took cleaning supplies from my house. Then she was talking on her cell phone to someone about a bitter divorce and child custody battle. She was using language that was not appropriate for the out of town company that we were having. Jennifer has conversations and used language that is not appropriate for any ones family. She had looked through my closet and asked if she could borrow my clothes. She had also used my make up and facial products. A lot of other things in my home has disappeared without explanation. I think that they are unstable and should not be able to enter peoples homes. We asked that they not return any more and we fired them.

Description of Work
I hired this company to clean my house on a weekly basis. They were supposed to dust, vacuum and mop the floors. They were supposed to clean the bathrooms and showers weekly. They were supposed to wipe down the cabinets, countertops and appliances weekly.

07/07/2008

Danielle S.

Jennifer and her partner were punctual and courteous. They arrived at 10:30 a.m. and were done in less than two hours. On the phone prior to coming to clean, Jennifer explained that she doesn't use a mop to clean floors, rather, she cleans them on her hands and knees. My floors looked great! She also set me at ease when I expressed concerns about my two cats getting out. Rob, my boyfriend, was home at the time of the first cleaning. We had a barstool that was already broken, but Jennifer's partner came to ask if this is something that he had broken while cleaning. He obviously hadn't, but I really appreciate him coming to Rob and asking. Jennifer is very professional, easy to talk to, and thorough. I would definitely recommend 4 Star's cleaning to anyone looking for a personal touch... often hard to come by in Northern Virginia.

Description of Work
Jennifer (4 Star's co-owner) and her partner cleaned my three level town home personally. She quoted my home at $85 for bi-weekly cleaning, and this was right on for what Rob and I were looking for in price. They arrived at the time she had scheduled and finished the job in two hours. They vacuumed, scrubbed the floors, 3 & 1/2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and our kitchen. 4 star's offers a 24 -hour guarantee on all of their cleaning. If you see something that was missed or not completed to your liking, she will return the next day or discount your next cleaning.

Category house cleaning

THE MEMBER HAS A LOVELY TOWNHOME. HARDWOOD FLOORS THROUGHOUT THE FIRST LEVEL THAT I HAND CLEAN TO MAKE SURE THEY GET THE ATTENTION THEY NEED. THEY HAVE TWO CATS. ONE OF THE CATS JUST LOVES ME AND FOLLOWS ME AROUND EVERYWHERE JUST OBSERVING ME. SHE LIKES TO HAVE ATTENTION. I CLEAN THEIR HOUSE ON A BI-WEEKLY BASIS.

06/10/2008

Daniel S.

We had just completed renovations of the three bathrooms and had put down tile on the kitchen floor and foyer. The bathrooms were demolished and rebuilt so there was dust EVERYWHERE. Jennifer and her partner did an incredible job, dusting every surface thoroughly, picking up and replacing trinkets after dusting, cleaning baseboards. Our hard wood floors looked worn and dull with all the dust and traffic, and after Jennifer hand polished then went over them with a mop, they looked practically new. The bathrooms didn't need much work since they were new, but they gave them a once-over, even cleaning up errant grout and caulking where they could. They spent several hours and did a very thorough and impressive job We were so happy with the results that we have arranged for them to come on a regular basis every three weeks and at a very fair rate.

Description of Work
Whole house cleaning, including three bedrooms, three baths, an office, living room, dining room, parlor and kitchen. Also cleaned interior windows.

Category house cleaning

THEIR HOUSE NEEDED SOME ATTENTION AFTER THEY HAD COMPLETED SOME MAJOR RENOVATION. I ALWAYS PRACTICE DETAIL CLEANING SKILLS AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION. THE MEMBER IS ALWAYS HOME WHEN I PERFORM MY CLEANINGS WITH MY PARTNER. WE EVEN CLEAN THE CAT HAIR THAT COLLECTS ON THE FURNITURE AND THE WHITE BEDSKIRT. THEY HAVE MANY BREAKABLE RARE COLLECTIBLE FRAGILE PIECES THAT WE CLEAN EVERY VISIT. WE ALWAYS CATER TO OUR CLIENTS' NEEDS AND DO EXTRAS SUCH AS TOUCHING UP WINDOWS WHERE NEEDED.

06/03/2008

AUDREY M.

Description of Work
They clean my house every other week.

Category house cleaning

THE MEMBERS HAVE QUITE A COLLECTION OF BOOKS. I MAKE SURE EVERY TIME WE ARE THEIR THAT THEY GET DUSTED. WE ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION TO MOVING THINGS AND GETTING THE WHOLE SURFACE INSTEAD OF JUST AROUND THEM.

11/15/2007

Miriam N.

We originally scheduled the appointment for Monday morning. Unfortunately, I was sick over the weekend and had made less progress than expected, so we needed to reschedule to Wednesday. Jennifer was very understanding and I appreciated her flexibility. She and her partner did a great job of cleaning the place - and it sorely needed it. I had an appointment so couldn't stay while she worked and she requested I call back and let her know if there was anything she missed (which she hadn't). I will definitely call her when I am unpacked enough at my new place to have a cleaner come in. She commented on one stain (on the bathroom floor) that she couldn't get out. I should have pointed out that the tile in that area was discolored when I moved in and saved her the effort.

Description of Work
Move out cleaning of 2 bedroom apartment. I had not gotten everything out, so they piled up remaining items against one wall of living room

Category house cleaning

THE MEMBER WAS NOT QUITE DONE WITH HER MOVING AND I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT WE COULD CLEAN ONE ROOM OUT COMPLETELY AND THEN WE WOULD MOVE THE BOXES FROM ALL THE OTHER ROOMS INTO THE CLEAN ROOM IN ORDER TO CLEAN ALL THE CARPETED AREAS. ALSO UPON CLEANING THE INSIDE KITCHEN CABINETS WE FOUND ITEMS THAT BELONGED TO HER SO WE FOUND AN EMPTY BOX AND PACKED THOSE ITEMS INTO THE EMPTY BOX. SHE WAS A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH.

Different Movers

We Provide the Best Moving Value for Your Budget (with our up-front and flat rate pricing, we have a move plan for every budget and need) An Efficient Moving Company (We'll arrive early and we'll stay until your move is finished) A Careful Move (We'll treat everything as though it was fragile) Our Moves are Always Fixed-Price (You can rest assured that there won't be any hidden costs or bad surprises)

Offers by Different Movers on Angi
    Moyer & Sons Moving & Storage Inc

Moyer and Sons Moving and Storage Inc. specializes in local and interstate moving, including residential and office moving. Our family of movers is devoted to the protection of your valuable household/office possessions. The Moyer & Sons Moving & Storage family takes a genuine, personal interest in serving your every moving need, including packing and storage, and providing packing materials for your convenience. Our state of the art warehousing operations and experienced moving professionals are prepared to assist your next move whether it is across the street or across the nation.

Offers by Moyer & Sons Moving & Storage Inc on Angi
    Hot H20 Powerwashing

Check out the article written about organic growth in the Loudoun Tribune on April 2018. It's about our company. We're fully licensed and insured.Our brand new hot water machine is state of the art and ready for any job.This, combined with my extensive knowledge in Eco friendly and caustic cleaning solutions, will remove all organic and non organic matter from most, if not all, exterior surfaces. Specifically, but not limited to, low pressure house washing, high pressure cleaning of decks/fences, driveways, walkways, asphalt and brick. The use of hot water up to 200 degrees and our knowledge of what cleaning agent to use at what time, ensures customer satisfaction and the best possible result combined with the least possible risk to your home and property. We are also available for commercial properties, fleet vehicles and construction equipment cleaning. Thank you for considering us.

Check, Visa, MasterCard
    Satisfaction

Free estimates! House Cleaning, window cleaning move in and out cleanings, regular cleanings and 1 time cleanings. We offer residential and commercial cleanings. Power washing houses, decks, driveways waklways and furniture. We also offer deck water sealing. Grout floor cleaning and sealing