Shreve-McGonegal

VA
02/28/2019

11 Hope Rd

Stafford, VA 22554

$50 off for all Angie's List members. If you need maintenance, replacements, or upgrades on your plumbing, heating, A/C, or electric, you need Shreve McGonegal! Family owned and operated since 1915, we are the oldest service company in Northern Virginia. We are licensed, bonded, and insured, and include a one year warranty on all service work, parts and labor. We offer service appointments Monday through Saturday, as well as 24-hour emergency service....

4.1

plumbers (356)water heaters (12)handyman (6)drain cleaning (55)HVAC Companies (12)home remodeling (10)electrician (10)appliance repair (9)tile installation (6)drywall (5)gas leak repair (3)well & water pump repair (3)

08/04/2021

Sharyn H.

Ultimately the repair was completed, but it took quite a while because the person they sent to do the work spent a lot of time complaining about how hard the job was. He also scratched the fixture. I needed more work done (which we didn't trust this person to do) so I scheduled another visit with them, and specifically asked them not to send the same guy. They did.

Description of Work
Leaky Bath Faucet

Category appliance repair,plumbing

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

11/13/2020

Jerry T.

The technician diagnosed the problem immediately – mold inside the faucet and proceeded to clean them. He was in and out of the house in 30 minutes.

Description of Work
My kitchen and one bathroom faucet had significantly lost water pressure and were down to trickles.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

08/29/2020

DAVID H.

Replace kitchen faucet and under sink filter watered system

Description of Work
First time using Shreve as my usual plumber was not available. Good experience. Called and got an appointment that fit my schedule. The technician called before he came out and was within the window quoted. He was very polite, professional, and showed great attention to detail.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

08/19/2020

Tamara D.

I've called on this company twice. The first time the plumber didn't even give me an estimate on a clogged shower drain. He just repaired it, and then negotiated the cost. He also repaired a half-bath sink. I was unhappy with the way he went about business (fixing and then provided an estimate without my approval); however, he did complete the job. Fast forward to the Covid-19 **** we're all in right now. I called because we had a master toilet leaking to the level below. The plumber said it would be $150 for the emergency call. He then charged another $150 to tell us that we had a leaking toilet that caused flooding. Duh, we knew that. The plumber had us to call in the next morning to pay the bill and get an estimate. We waited all day - still no estimate. So, we called again. We received an estimate for $1700 to make the repairs. Uh, no. We called another plumber who fixed the toilet and charged $250 - end or story. AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU CAN. THEY ARE A RIP-OFF.

Description of Work
Toilet Leaking

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

02/05/2020

Jerry T.

Replaced water valves and flappers on two toilets. Service technician showed up on time. Quickly and efficiently performed both repairs. Second repair was done for approximately half price of the first as I had agreed with the office personnel.

Description of Work
Two toilets needed repair - tanks were not refilling

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

12/09/2019

Sheria W.

When I called the Service Desk was friendly and willing to come out. They even came on a Saturday with no extra charge. The Service Technician was friendly, professional, and determined to resolve the issue. He even made a fast trip to the Lowe's to get the necessary part. He worked late on a Saturday to fix. The cost was reasonable and the $50 off from Angie's List was a blessing. I now have a plumbing service. Thanks Angie's List.

Description of Work
In our shower the knob to turn on the water was leaking. It was the drip that could drive sane folks crazy.

Work Completed On 12/07/2019

08/11/2019

Matthew B.

Great - I called them at 5pm on a Saturday and they were able to come out that night. There was an extra cost for Saturday work but I was glad to pay it to have them show up on short notice. They were punctual, did a great job and were very polite. I will definitely call them for future plumbing jobs.

Description of Work
Repair of leaky sink shutoff valve

Work Completed On 08/10/2019

02/19/2019

MARION J.

Very disappointing service. Would never recommend. Shreve McGonegal Customer Service scheduled me for a Saturday, 8-12 arrival and assured me after checking inventory that it had the specified laundry tub I wanted. After waiting all morning, the plumber finally arrived-- I was his last call. He showed up with no knowledge that he had a 3-4 hour laundry tub install to do. He was not told. He did not have a laundry tub on the truck. After I showed him a picture of the tub I had requested, he went to the storage center and found that his key did not work, called me and said that another Shreve plumber had a key and would meet him at the storage center. Finally about 40 mins after he left my house, now after 12 noon, the plumber comes with the wrong laundry tub, not at all the one I had prearranged with Customer Service. I flagged this discrepancy to his attention but he still wanted to install it. It was a cheaper tub yet for the price for the job quoted by the Customer Service manager. At this point, I told him to leave. Of course, I did not pay him because he did no work but he did take half my day. For years, I have seen Shreve McGonegal trucks and thought to give the company a try. Never again. Apparently a super service award on Angie's List does not mean much.

Description of Work
Contacted Shreve McGonegal to remove and install laundry tub

Work Completed On 02/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do appreciate hearing from customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service. This incident has been brought to the attention of our service manager and while the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our company, there is no excuse for your disappointing experience. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. Thank you again for your comments.

12/03/2018

Nora F.

I called in the morning requesting someone come after 3pm. The plumber arrived, fixed the sink. Explained what caused the problem and cleaned up. We have always been pleased with their service and will call for all of our plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink was stopped up.

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

05/26/2018

Nora F.

We called in the morning and made an appt for the afternoon. The person came to the house on time (called 10 minutes out) and assessed the situation; explained the source of the leak and the cause. He fixed the pipes and ensured the problem would not happen again. He was thorough and professional. Before he left, we made an appt to have other work done that we had been planning to do. We will call again 257for all our plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Metal Water Pipe had a hole in it. We needed it repaired

Work Completed On 05/26/2018

We are your 24hr experts on anything related to plumbing, heating/ac, and electrical.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check