Shreve-McGonegal

• Trade License Expiration
  • 02/28/2019

11 Hope Rd

Stafford, VA 22554

$50 off for all Angie's List members. If you need maintenance, replacements, or upgrades on your plumbing, heating, A/C, or electric, you need Shreve McGonegal! Family owned and operated since 1915, we are the oldest service company in Northern Virginia. We are licensed, bonded, and insured, and include a one year warranty on all service work, parts and labor. We offer service appointments Monday through Saturday, as well as 24-hour emergency service....

4.1

plumbers (355)water heaters (12)drain cleaning (55)HVAC Companies (12)home remodeling (10)electrician (10)appliance repair (8)handyman (6)tile installation (6)drywall (5)gas leak repair (3)well & water pump repair (3)

11/13/2020

The technician diagnosed the problem immediately – mold inside the faucet and proceeded to clean them. He was in and out of the house in 30 minutes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My kitchen and one bathroom faucet had significantly lost water pressure and were down to trickles.

CATEGORY drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/04/2020

08/29/2020

Replace kitchen faucet and under sink filter watered system

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
First time using Shreve as my usual plumber was not available. Good experience. Called and got an appointment that fit my schedule. The technician called before he came out and was within the window quoted. He was very polite, professional, and showed great attention to detail.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/1970

08/19/2020

I've called on this company twice. The first time the plumber didn't even give me an estimate on a clogged shower drain. He just repaired it, and then negotiated the cost. He also repaired a half-bath sink. I was unhappy with the way he went about business (fixing and then provided an estimate without my approval); however, he did complete the job. Fast forward to the Covid-19 **** we're all in ri...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Toilet Leaking

CATEGORY appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2020

02/05/2020

Replaced water valves and flappers on two toilets. Service technician showed up on time. Quickly and efficiently performed both repairs. Second repair was done for approximately half price of the first as I had agreed with the office personnel.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two toilets needed repair - tanks were not refilling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/05/2020

12/09/2019

When I called the Service Desk was friendly and willing to come out. They even came on a Saturday with no extra charge. The Service Technician was friendly, professional, and determined to resolve the issue. He even made a fast trip to the Lowe's to get the necessary part. He worked late on a Saturday to fix. The cost was reasonable and the $50 off from Angie's List was a blessing. I now have a pl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In our shower the knob to turn on the water was leaking. It was the drip that could drive sane folks crazy.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/07/2019

08/11/2019

Great - I called them at 5pm on a Saturday and they were able to come out that night. There was an extra cost for Saturday work but I was glad to pay it to have them show up on short notice. They were punctual, did a great job and were very polite. I will definitely call them for future plumbing jobs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of leaky sink shutoff valve

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2019

02/19/2019

Very disappointing service. Would never recommend. Shreve McGonegal Customer Service scheduled me for a Saturday, 8-12 arrival and assured me after checking inventory that it had the specified laundry tub I wanted. After waiting all morning, the plumber finally arrived-- I was his last call. He showed up with no knowledge that he had a 3-4 hour laundry tub install to do. He was not told. He did no...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Contacted Shreve McGonegal to remove and install laundry tub

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do appreciate hearing from customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service. This incident has been brought to the attention of our service manager and while the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our company, there is no excuse for your disappointing experience. We are sorry f...

12/03/2018

I called in the morning requesting someone come after 3pm. The plumber arrived, fixed the sink. Explained what caused the problem and cleaned up. We have always been pleased with their service and will call for all of our plumbing needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen sink was stopped up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/03/2018

05/26/2018

We called in the morning and made an appt for the afternoon. The person came to the house on time (called 10 minutes out) and assessed the situation; explained the source of the leak and the cause. He fixed the pipes and ensured the problem would not happen again. He was thorough and professional. Before he left, we made an appt to have other work done that we had been planning to do. We will call...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Metal Water Pipe had a hole in it. We needed it repaired

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/26/2018

03/28/2018

As always Shreve and Hai never let us down. We used toilets supplied by Shreve and we’re very pleased. Punctual, extremely professional and extremely clean and neat

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced 2 toilets, a bathroom faucet and the inside of another toilet

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/09/2018

We are your 24hr experts on anything related to plumbing, heating/ac, and electrical.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check