R M Banning Roofing

Founded 1982 • With Angi since September 2006

2021 Super Service Award Winner in Roofing, Siding and Windows! R.M. Banning Roofing is a family owned business serving Northern Virginia for over 38 years. For over three decades R.M. Banning has earned the trust of thousands of customers through our new Roof, Siding and Windows. Top quality

2022 Super Service Award

roofing (198)gutter repair (54)siding companies (48)general contractors (44)woodworking (19)skylight installation (13)chimney repair (13)window replacement (11)house painting (9)chimney cap repair (5)masonry (5)interior painting (4)

10/04/2022

Christa D.

I worked with Daniel Diaz, start to finish. and when I say that I mean Daniel was here at every step in the process. Outstanding customer service! The roof job went perfectly, on time and very minimal issues with gutters were resolved quickly with Daniel checking in on the progress. Doors and window install went very smoothly as well. Minor glitch with the french doors but that was resolved quickly with Daniel working with the manufacturer to ensure all issues were resolved. Communication and coordination was exceptional. Also no high pressure at the beginning which was not the case with some other companies. All in all a great experience, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replaced shingles, gutters and downspouts along with underlayment replacement in some areas. 6 new windows and new front doors.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/04/2022

09/12/2022

Jay S.

Twenty-five years ago, we needed to replace our roof and, after evaluating several vendors in the Northern Virginia area, decided to go with Banning Roofing. This year, when we decided to replace our roof again, we asked Banning as well as several other vendors for estimates, and once again, Banning gave us the best deal. The job took two days to complete and Oscar (the foreman) and his crew were careful with our garden plants and did a great job cleaning up afterwards. Finally, when we noticed that one of our flip gutters was malfunctioning, a phone call brought Oscar and his crew back and they fixed the problem immediately. I have no hesitation recommending Banning as an excellent roof contractor and would be happy to call on him again in the future.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 08/19/2022

08/12/2022

jay C.

Charlie was highly responsive, prompt, and helpful at explaining his assessments.

Description of Work
Identify and fix water entry through siding/windows

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

08/10/2022

Marie P.

Daniel D was great, came by even for a small job. Crew was great, nice roof. Tom in Fairfax

Description of Work
new roof on garage

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

05/16/2022

Marian G.

Great! The work from start to finish had excellent follow-through on all aspects of the project. The crews cleaned-up before leaving each day. Additionally, our questions and concerns were addressed and resolved to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Roofing, chimney repair, skylights, and gutters.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair, skylights

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

04/12/2022

Salvatore S.

The team arrived on time completed the work in only a couple of hours. There was a follow-up visit to paint the inside of the skylight cells; this was also very well done.

Description of Work
RM Banning replaced a pair of skylights on the roof of my home.

Category contractors, skylights, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

03/25/2022

Andrea C.

Great! Work was done efficiently, professionally, on time, at a fair price. I highly recommend R.M. Banning Co.

Description of Work
Repair and painting of exterior trim, door and shutters

Category contractors, roofing, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 03/24/2022

03/20/2022

Rick F.

Went extremely well. Had three quotes and only one stood out. Rich Banning presented products and incorporated it all into a “system” Very easy to understand presentation and estimate was just as easy to understand.Price was agreed upon and work scheduled and performed professionally and on time and cleanup was completed to our satisfaction. We were very satisfied and would gladly use Banning for any projects in future

Description of Work
Roof gutters and gutter guards

Work Completed On 02/21/2022

01/21/2022

Ruth B.

It went VERY Well! The day they set to start the work my husband had a serious health problem and had to be rushed to hospital and was there for a week. They were so kind to me and they did a wonderful job. I went on to hospital and wasn't able to get back home until late in the day. They were able to complete the roof in one day and came back in a couple days and did the Chimney. All the people were so kind and helpful. I would gladly recommend they if you need work done!

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof and did some work on the chimney.

Category contractors, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/07/2021

12/14/2021

Caroline E.

Their bid was reasonable and the work was completed in a timely and professional manner. They installed a new Certainteed roofing system, replacing rotten boards as needed and detected the source of a water leak into the home due to poorly sealed dormer window trim. They promptly sent a follow up team a few days after completing the roofing job, to repair the window dormers, replacing rotted wood from under the siding/trim and replacing the metal trim properly sealing it up. The two teams (roof and dormer repair) were courteous and did a great job cleaning up after. We love the exterior results and asked them to complete additional work to repair water damaged ceiling on the first floor due to the window dormer leak (now repaired). A third team came out a week after the exterior job and they completed the ceiling dry wall repair plus a full room and ceiling paint job. Approximate total costs noted are for roof, window dormer/trim repair and interior drywall repair and painting. This team was also courteous, thorough and cleaned up nicely after the job. We're very pleased with all of the work done so far and definitely recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
roof replacement, dormer repair and trim replacement, interior ceiling drywall repair, interior painting

Category contractors, drywall, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

10/16/2021

Rose F.

excellent work performed by RM Banning staff. They took a lot of time to think about this issue and performed a water test, which provided an area of the roof that needed repairs.

Description of Work
Usual roof leak occurring only during torrential rain and strong south winds.

Category contractors, masonry, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/12/2021

09/18/2021

Courtney G.

After animals chewed a hole in the roof of my workshop (which resulted in water damage to the roof deck), I contracted RM Banning to repair the hole, replace the damaged roof deck, replace the (very old) shingles and replace my 4" gutters with 6" gutters. They were lovely and responsive from the first contact. I enjoyed talking with the estimator who came out. He went up on the roof to assess my needs and actually covered the hole to stop more water from coming in before even providing me a quote. Their quote was completely in line with what I got from other companies - but they install the complete Certainteed roof system, which includes architectural shingles (which were a $ upgrade on other quotes), certified underlayment and ridge vent system. Based on reviews, I decided to go with them. The team was able to complete the roof job in a day. The original estimator stopped by the next day to inspect the work. The gutter team came a couple of days later. They took a ton of photos - before, during and after - and sent me a link to a gallery so I could see exactly what what was done. The work site was left immaculate - if I wasn't working from home, I might not have realized they came until I saw the new roof. They offer a 15 year warranty and have been in business long enough that I expect them to be around in 15 years, though I'm not expecting any need for warranty repair.

Description of Work
Repair hole in roof, new Certainteed roof system, new gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

06/08/2021

Kit B.

We can not praise RM Banning highly enough for their responsiveness, timeliness, and work done wonderfully. It was a "small" job, but one that if not attended to, could have serious consequences. They helped us immediately. We recommend them for big and small roof jobs.

Description of Work
Flashing by two chimneys needed caulking and repair

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

02/24/2021

Stephen J.

Dan Diaz did a great job working with our insurance company and saved us thousands on our new roof. We love the final product and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof Replaced

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

02/04/2021

Renee C.

Excellent job. Team was friendly and did great work.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged siding

Category contractors, siding

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

01/30/2021

Benita C.

R.M. Banning Roofing did an excellent job replacing our roof. I recommend R.M. Banning Roofing.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

01/26/2021

Michael S.

Not Banning's normal type of project, but Banning "Roofing" did a hardscaping project at our house (flagstone/fieldstone stoop/steps, walkway, flower bed walls, mailbox bed). Quality of work was outstanding and price was competitive. Will definitely seriously consider for my next project. Great craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Hardscaping (stoop, walkway, flower bed walls)

Category contractors, masonry

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

11/25/2020

William L.

Their bid was lower than others and the work was completed expeditiously. They took photos before, during and after the job which really helped me understand their work. The yard was left clean. Communication was great every step of the way. I’ve used Banning in two different properties and I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
New roof after pulling up two layers of old roofing

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

11/03/2020

Genevieve M.

All work was done very professionally and on time. Daniel (project manager) was very easy to work with and went the extra mile to make sure all work was performed to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
All siding and windows were replaced and new siding was painted. New gutters were installed.

Category contractors, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

10/29/2020

Katrina M.

They did amazing!!! Daniel my contact walked me through everything the entire process. The team was on time and cleaned up very well afterwards.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

10/15/2020

al M.

I called for an estimate and received a prompt visit and replacement estimate. The estimate had to be revised because the trim on my 40 year-old house couldn't be replicated in terms of color. I received a prompt re-estimate, accepted the very reasonable price, and the work was completed quickly. I couldn't be happier with the work product. RM Banning is just a fine organization to work with. Three years prior, RM Banning replaced my entire roof, and did quality work then. That's why I called them recently for this small repair job.

Description of Work
repair to a dormer window

Category contractors, window treatments

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

09/08/2020

Joel P.

Daniel from the get go made me feel comfortable, demonstrated great professionalism and well manner. Worked safely and precisely explained his findings in his inspections. Gave good advice, straight to the point and is willing to work with you.

Description of Work
Checked where the leak is coming from and the condition of the roof.

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

09/04/2020

Michael S.

Replaced roof, including wood decking, on two -story frame house w/attached garage & porch. Very professional . Fair price. Responsive. Timely. Good crew and good service.

Description of Work
Roof sheathing and tile replacement