Green Vista Tree Care

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2011

Green Vista Tree Care is Northern Virginia's premier tree service, specializing in technical tree removal and professional tree pruning. Green Vista's insured professional crews use modern pruning techniques to ensure safety and promote optimum health for your trees. Our highly trained crews are

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Green VistaHard WorkHurricane sandy damage

tree service (285)hauling (49)lawn & landscaping (24)lawn care (17)mulch delivering (15)hardscaping (1)

10/28/2022

Janice M.

Green Vista Tree Care is an outstanding company. I have been using them once a year for a few years now. They are the only tree service company that I even consider. The whole process is fast and efficient. Wylie and his team always does a great job trimming, thinning, and pruning my trees. I highly recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Thinned, Trimmed, and Pruned Two Crepe Myrtles

Category hauling services, landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 10/05/2022

10/05/2022

Gay P.

Nico arrived on time to give me an estimate and was very informative and explicit about what needed to be done and the equipment needed to do it. I ended up understanding a lot more about the process of having the trees removed and the stump of the oak removed. He explained that for safety a crane would be used, parked on the driveway and reaching over the house to the tree. The stump removal would require their contacting Miss Utility which would take 1 to 2 weeks The work was scheduled for the next Monday and everything happened as explained. 11 days later the stump was removed and ground.

Description of Work
Remove large dying oak tree in middle of back yard and double cherry tree at back edge of back yard. The upper part of the oak tree was bare of leaves and large heavy branches had already fallen, at least one on the roof so I appreciated the responsiveness and reliability of Green Vista

Work Completed On 10/05/2022

08/29/2022

Manuel G.

Very professional, clean, and technical. And a good price too.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 12/08/2021

07/20/2022

Robin L.

Yesterday was our second experience with Green Vista. We were impressed two years ago, and called only them this year for the trimming work. Their skill is amazing, and they left the area spotless. I asked that the crew avoid trampling nearby plants, and not one was damaged. They have the equipment and skill to work in tight spaces, unlike others companies we've called. I absolutely recommend Green Vista.

Description of Work
tree trimming

Work Completed On 07/19/2022

06/24/2022

Jerry T.

Green Vista was great. Nico came out for an estimate and was very knowledgeable. He thoroughly explained to me what Green Vista would do. I ended up with three estimates. Green Vista was $200 more than my low estimate and $600 less than my high estimate. I had no doubt which company to hire. They called me one day in advance of the work being done. They showed up on time and conducted the cutting and removal efficiently. I was very pleased with he work they did.

Description of Work
I had three large tree limbs that were either already down or just hanging on that needed to be cut down and hauled away. Also some thick vines that needed to be cut back. Finally a dead cedar next to me house that needed to be cut down.

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

08/17/2021

Robin B.

My overall experience was excellent. I will definitely be using them again and recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
They came out to my home and removed a medium sized tree from my yard.

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

06/14/2021

Mark H.

Excellent work from start to finish. Nico the Estimator came when he promised, made a good bid, and was a bit flexible when other possible contractors came in a bit lower. The tree removal itself was done with great professionalism. That crew also came when promised and managed to remove a 60-feet tall tree without damaging the yard or letting any of the dead branches fall on the neighbors' property. Everything was then removed and cleaned and hauled away. Again, an excellent job.

Description of Work
removal of dead oak tree

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

04/29/2021

Keith G.

Green Vista was reasonably priced, prompt in completing the work, provided a highly competent crew, and was very flexible with additional requests. I couldn't ask for a better company to work with; especially, Nico’s attention to detail. I highly recommend this company and will use them again!

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

Review for Green Vista Tree Care - 7311 Highland Street, Springfield, VA - 39313319

04/13/2021

Camille N.

I'm very satisfied with the service I received from Green Vista Tree Care. They contacted me very promptly and set up an appointment for April 1, 2021, with Wiley Holland, a sales arborist who also happened to be an expert on trimming of a Crape Myrtle. I was very impressed with his suggestions, and he prepared a proposal for my review on the same day. The friendly crew came as scheduled on April 13 and did a beautiful job in a professional and meticulous fashion.

Description of Work
Trimming of a large Crape Myrtle

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

01/07/2021

tom R.

Green Vista did a great job -- from providing a timely and reasonable quote through cleaning up after pruning 10 feet from the top of a tall magnolia. Their efforts shaping the tree were first rate. I definitely would recommend them.

Description of Work
Pruned magnolia tree

Work Completed On 01/06/2021

11/25/2020

Ellen J.

Techs were on time and brought all machinery to get the job done efficiently and safely

Description of Work
3 large trees removed

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

10/02/2020

Janice M.

It was a very easy process even during this pandemic time. Wiley Holland evaluated my trees and gave me a very reasonable quote in a short period of time. I was called the day before they would be coming out to perform the work. Wiley and his crew did a fantastic job thinning, trimming, and pruning my 2 Crepe Myrtles. I think the trees look great! I am very satisfied with their work, and how they cleaned up afterwards. I would definitely recommend Green Vista Tree Care to anyone who needs tree services.

Description of Work
Thinning, Trimming, and Pruning of 2 Crepe Myrtles

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

08/21/2020

Ann L.

It went well. They came when they said they would, did a nice job on the tree and cleaned up afterward.

Description of Work
trimming my tree

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

08/10/2020

Nancy R.

Excellent work; efficient; cleaned up everything; great to work with.

Description of Work
Trimmed two large trees, removed shrubs

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

07/27/2020

Paul J.

When a neighbor alerted me to a hole at the base of my maple tree, I called Green Vista to request a site visit. They came by the next day, examined the holes (there turned out to be a second), and recommended timely removal of the tree due to trunk damage by rodents. They designated the tree as "urgent," removed the tree five days later, and ground the trunk a week after that. I was delighted by the promptness of their response and action, as well as the courtesy of both crews.

Description of Work
Removal of maple tree

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

07/23/2020

Thomas C.

The rep came out and was really knowledgeable about trees, he looked around the house. He appeared to be very professional. I have asked him to come back to complete the actual project.

Description of Work
Gave me a quote on my tree removal project.

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/20/2020

Zach P.

removal of two trees and trimming a third

Description of Work
They worked quickly, and cleaned up well. Would call again!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

06/16/2020

Robin K.

Out of the several companies we contacted to do the extensive tree trimming job on our house(9 trees), Green Vista was by far the most responsive and professional company. Not only did they respond quickly, but the follow-up communication from the estimator and company staff was excellent. We had an immediate need for the work to be done and they fit me into their very busy schedule, which was much appreciated. They arrived exactly when they said and proceeded to do a very professional job. The work entailed cutting branches that were entangled with my power lines, workers climbing tall trees (30') to cut branches between two houses, and using a bucket truck to trim several trees over the driveway and garage. They estimated that they would be done by 4pm and they were pulling away from the house at 4:15pm (Very nice). They spent a lot of time ensuring the yard and driveway were cleaned up of branches, leaves and saw dust. Place looks great!! Will hire them again when I need any tree work performed. Thanks!!

Description of Work
Tree Trimming for 9 trees

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

06/01/2020

Dennis W.

Did a great job. Cleaned up and were professional

Description of Work
They trimmed down branches off my tree.

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

06/01/2020

Steve T.

Green Vista Tree Care Detailed Review: During the site visit all trees were marked with ribbon to ensure the estimate included all trees discussed. The estimate was received in less than 30 minutes from the site visit. Work was completed within 48 hours of contract acceptance. The crew arrived just as scheduled and worked well together. Green Vista has a specialized crane that enabled them to reach over my house and down within 10 feet of the ground to remove trees including some in excess of 100' tall. The crane enabled them to remove large sections of the trees from the woods in my backyard lift them over my house directly to the street. The tree sections we're quickly processed, loading large logs on to a truck and smaller sections into the chipper. This process minimized any impact to my lawn and gardens while also minimizing the risk of damage to my home and the work crew. Trees removed, eight trees total ( 3 very tall, 2 large and 3 small to mid-size). Additionally topped and shaped to 10 foot tall holly bushes and removed dead branches from large pen oak. Price $6,350

Description of Work
Green Vista Tree Care, Rating: 5 Stars Summary: The entire process was excellent from start to end. Removal of 8 trees, 3 that were over 100' tall, topped and shaped 2 large Holly bushes and removed dead branches from large pin oak. Detailed Review: During the site visit all trees were marked with ribbon to ensure the estimate included all trees discussed. The estimate was received in less than 30 minutes from the site visit. Work was completed within 48 hours of contract acceptance. The crew arrived just as scheduled and worked well together. Green Vista has a specialized crane that enabled them to reach over my house and down within 10 feet of the ground to remove trees including some in excess of 100' tall. The crane enabled them to remove large sections of the trees from the woods in my backyard lift them over my house directly to the street. The tree sections we're quickly processed, loading large logs on to a truck and smaller sections into the chipper. This process minimized any impact to my lawn and gardens while also minimizing the risk of damage to my home and the work crew. Trees removed, eight trees total ( 3 very tall, 2 large and 3 small to mid-size). Additionally topped and shaped to 10 foot tall holly bushes and removed dead branches from large pen oak. Price $6,350 Green Vista Tree Care, Rating: 5 Stars Summary: The entire process was excellent from start to end. Removal of 8 trees, 3 that were over 100' tall, topped and shaped 2 large Holly bushes and removed dead branches from large pin oak.

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

Review for Green Vista Tree Care - 7311 Highland Street, Springfield, VA - 38606708

05/19/2020

Robin L.

Excellent experience! I had gotten 4 estimates, so knew what was going on with major decline in our oak tree. It's in a tricky location that doesn't permit a crane, so needed an experienced climber. Green Vista's arborist, Wiley, gave a thorough explanation of what could be done, did not try to sell me other services (like the others did), and gave a good price compared to the other estimates. This was a difficult job involving a climber using ropes to get to high, tricky places. Their intrepid climber was absolutely amazing! Limbs were lowered with ropes and no damage occurred to the yard. The crew did a thorough job cleaning up. Hopefully the tree will hang in there for a while longer. I highly recommend this company and will most definitely use again.

Description of Work
Prune major dead limbs and branches from a tall, old oak tree

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

05/18/2020

Anne M.

I got enough other bids before GV could come give me one so I went with another company.

Description of Work
needed a tree removed

Work Completed On 05/18/2020