Dominion Landscaping & Masonry Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2008

8005B Haute Ct

Springfield, VA 22150

Dominion Landscaping, Inc. has been creating beautiful landscapes in Northern Virginia since 1997. Customer satisfaction is our top priority: We count on our permanent employees in three crews to provide honest, quality workmanship. Call us today to arrange for a free estimate! See our website for

08/28/2016

Doris H.

This went very well. They took out the existing brick patio and retaining wall and replaced it with a new patio using pavers and a timber retaining wall. They put a fence on top of the retaining wall and wrapped five existing columns under our sunroom with fieldstone. They were very willing to make changes to the design after the work started. They also took out two small trees that were in the way of the new patio. The fence was back-ordered which did delay the work a few days but this was not their fault. The completed project looks wonderful and the cost was very competitive. This was a huge patio (almost 900 square feet and included a sitting wall). There was a lot of demolition of the old patio. I would use them again and have already recommended them.

Description of Work
Replaced old patio and retaining wall.

Category masonry, hardscaping

08/28/2016

Doris H.

Description of Work
Replaced old patio and retaining wall.

Category masonry, hardscaping

03/24/2016

Casey L.

I phoned on Day 1 and informed the office manager of a small area of my back porch they installed in November 2014 which had sunken slightly. The back porch is made up of paver stones. The sunken area was just a little more than an inch, and only consisted of three pavers, but it was noticeable when compared with the other straight and level borders of the porch. They said they would come out on Day 2 and phone before they came. As promised, Greg phoned shortly after 8 AM and asked if it was OK for him to come over in ten minutes to fix the problem. I said fine, and sure enough, he arrived with his assistant Ulmer, and they went right to work. Greg explained the problem was a decaying tree root under the porch which had created a pocket and lack of support which resulted in the pavers "sagging." The problem area was leveled again in about 15 minutes. No charge. Still under warranty. Greg and Ulmer arrived in a clearly marked truck with their company's name on it, and they were both friendly to talk with while performing their work. The completed job looks like new, and I'm very happy with Dominion Landscaping & Masonry's work. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Leveled a small area of the back porch pavers that had sunk slightly.

Category decks, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

02/24/2016

Christy P.

The driveway is fine, attractive and appears to be well constructed. It was not in the contract but the company removed undergrowth in the backyard after consultation with the resident of this rental house. There was no follow up on details that needed to be corrected, and there were rude and unprofessional comments made to me for even presenting a punch list. The worst part was being charged for removal of the soil that was dug up for the driveway, then having that soil dumped in the back yard where the undergrowth was removed. That soil is full of rocks, so now I have an added expense of having that removed and normal top soil brought in this spring. i would not recommend this company. It is not professional and will not clean up details.

Description of Work
Replaced driveway and adjusted landscaping around driveway. Removed some shrubs and undergrowth in the back yard. Rerouted some drainage to the street away from the driveway

12/22/2015

Barbara N.

Description of Work
Excellent job installing French drain.

09/28/2015

Lorenzo B.

Fantastic! A good friend referred us to Dominion Landscaping after we had been looking for a reasonably-priced landscaping company for a while; everyone we contacted were outside of our budget. Greg came over, provided an estimate within our means, and his team did not disappoint--the quality, workmanship and professionalism were phenomenal. We needed a retaining wall that spanned our backyard so that we could reclaim more usable land. Greg's team installed the retaining wall using 6x6 pressure treated timbers with a gravel base for drainage, base timbers anchored w/2ft rebar, and all others nailed w/galvanized spikes. They installed filter paper and gravel behind the wall for drainage, used "deadmen" beams for extra support to keep wall from pushing out, and all materials were tamped behind the wall. It looks amazing, and we expanded the usable portion of our back yard over 1,000 sq ft. We hired his team again to install a patio for our walkout basement. They install the patio using Old Towne Cobble Pavers in a mixture of the Dakota and Harvest Blend colors, set in an ?I? pattern with a soldier border, set on a gravel stone dust base, w/polymeric sand swept into joints. They framed the patio with 6ft x 6ft timbers, and then used excavated soil behind the retaining wall and removed all excess debris. Bottomline, our backyard looks amazing, and we have now added 8 cubic yards of topsoil to grow grass. Greg is licensed and insured, and stands behind his work. If something is not quite right, he is immediately responsive and will work so that you are completely satisfied. We have one more landscaping project to complete and you can bet we are going to call Dominion Landscaping first!!

Description of Work
Installed a 91ft x ~3ft retaining wall using 6x6 pressure treated timbers; and installed a 27ft x 15ft, bi-level encased patio.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

05/10/2015

Kevin L.

Greg was very responsive, even after a lot of back and forth between us and HOA. The crew was friendly, respectful, and efficient. Part of their work included pulling up bricks, which they had completed in about 10-15min. Everything was done in about a day. We would undoubtedly use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed front stoop, power washed house, painted chimney cap, installed drainage in backyard

Category masonry, pressure washing, drain pipe

05/22/2014

John F.

I never have any problems with them at all. They are very good. They are on time and they stay within the estimate of what they give me. I would recommend them to anybody who asks me.

Description of Work
I use Dominion Landscaping & Masonry for landscaping services.

Category landscaping

05/14/2014

Gloria K.

Description of Work
They widened our driveway using pavers. It looked very nice. A few days later, we had some of the pavers come loose. As soon as the weather permitted, they returned and redid the area that came loose. |I have used them to lay pavers for a sidewalk and front porch. I have also used Greg for landscaping and spring cleanup of our yard.

09/02/2013

Janice W.

ht theI had estimates from another highly rated company - really high, I thought. A neighbor recommended Dominion. I e-mailed them late in the day and they called me back that evening, saying they were in the area and could look at it/do an estimate. They arrived around 8pm, we discussed the job, Greg (the owner), explained what he would propose doing, with what materials and gave me a brochure on the particular materials. He explained how they would also waterproof the path to prevent grass from growing through it. The estimate came in the next day and was much more reasonable than the ones I had from another provider. I accepted it, picked a color, they called Miss Utility - and then came less than a week later and completed the short path and steps- they look great!!! I am very pleased - service could not have been better, and I thought the price paid for services rendered was very reasonable.

Description of Work
The area in front of our house has settled; original steps and path from driveway to front porch were no longer functional. Dominion replaced steps and path.

07/24/2013

Judy H.

They did the sidewalk and did an okay job, but never heard from them again about the driveway. Even after repeated phon messages.

Description of Work
They were contracted to replace the sidewalk with pavers, and replace part of the driveway with concrete.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

12/30/2012

m and w S.

In the fall of 2010 we called a few companies to install a row of privacy trees along our fence. We worked with GREG. He was helpful in the selection of Leyland Cypress trees for privacy. Since we felt comfortable with Greg, we chose Dominion for this project and also got an estimate for a masonry half-wall. Not long after the big snow of that year, about five of your trees ended up with some orange disease or possible odd-looking snow damage. The trees were under warranty for one year. Greg honored this warranty. But, he replaced our 8-10 foot purchase with considerably smaller (maybe 6 foot) trees. We weren't thrilled about this, but assumed there was some fine print we had not paid attention to. The installers piled the dirt incredibly high around the new trees' trunks. We later had trouble with these trees falling over and learned that that dirt piled around the trunk kept the roots from establishing a strong hold. How frustrating!!! Definately something a landscapers (he outsourced by the way) should have caught if a follow up visit was conducted. Since the trees have matured, there are too many in the small space. One of the trees is so close to our fence that it has no where to grow. This type of detail is why we hired a landscaping group to begin with!!! Now we have a tree that while beautiful, is protruding off of our property! Later we called Dominion/Greg for an estimate on taking out Bradford Pear, and again later to fix the leaning cypress trees-we knew there would be a cost-we expected that. Greg was not only extremely rude on the phone, but he made two appointments that he never showed up for! Needless to say we won't be doing business with him for that expensive rock wall we want! It seems Greg is really great at sales, but he fails at follow-up and customer service! He did keep to to the warranty so there is a positive-also the first installation of trees went well. I might recommend you learn as much as possible instead of trusting the contractor.

Description of Work
Installation of a row of Leyland Cypress trees for privacy - cost around 5-8 thousand dollars. Estimate on a rock wall Estimate on removal of a Bradford Pear Estimate on righting three leaning Leyland Cypress trees

Category landscaping, tree service

10/29/2012

Damian N.

Greg is a nice guy and his prices are good. We had a previous concern with the company but we decided to give them another chance, and ended up giving them more work. We will continue to use them and have and will continue to recommend them. We are glad we got our previous concerns addressed. The bottom line is that Greg is a good guy with good prices. There are so many bad and rude people and companies out there, he deserves a chance and work. Thanks Greg.

Description of Work
Tree removal, etc

Category tree service

07/26/2012

Damian N.

There were some bumps in the road and communication issues with the masonry, but Greg had some staffing and family issues going on. The branch removal was great. Overall it went well, and we have used him several more times. Greg is a nice guy, with very good prices, who deserves a chance at doing some work for you - and way better than other tree removal folks appear to be.

Description of Work
We hired Greg to removal a fallen branch from the storms, repair and repoint the path, patio and a couple spots in the driveway, and repair and level the front stoop.

Category masonry, tree service

04/06/2012

Henry F.

They were really knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
They did some brick work.

03/30/2012

Lynne G.

They're reliable. I e-mail them or call and let them know I need my gutters cleaned. They come within a week. I coordinate with my next-door neighbor and they can get to two properties. I leave a check taped to the back door, and it's all done!

Description of Work
I've used them seasonally for gutter cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning

03/26/2012

Carol P.

Everything turned out alright. I plan to contact them again soon to still if they will still honor their original estimate for masonry work.

Description of Work
They power washed my deck. They also gave me an estimate for some masonry work.

Category masonry, pressure washing

01/18/2012

MARGARET H.

Greg was recommended to me by a friend. I called to have a very large tree in my backyard trimmed as it hadn't been done in at least a couple years. Greg came out and provided an estimate that was a little more than half of what two others quoted. While he was checking out my tree, I noticed he also does landscaping, so I got a quote to do a stacked slate border in my front yard. They completed both projects within a couple days and it looks great.

Description of Work
tree trimming and stacked slate border

Category landscaping, tree service

06/09/2011

Gloria K.

This was the first time that I used them, and the work turned out quite well. They did the work promptly. They seemed to be experienced and know what they were doing. I had one item that needed a little followup attention, and they were here immediately. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Dominion Landscaping & Masonry Inc to replace the sidewalk in front of the house leading to the driveway with pavers.

Category hardscaping

04/23/2011

Matthew D.

From start to finish Greg was on top of everything and the job was completed per my wishes and ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
We had landscaping done in the front and back yard to include: installation of four cypress trees, eight holly bushes, mulch, periwinkle, yard clean up, paver for two walkways in the front, patio and walkway in the back, four deck posts removed w/ new ones installed and redirection of drain pipes. Dominion beat five other companies estimates by several thousands dollars cheaper! Greg, the owner, is honest, responsive, knowledgable about pavers and landscaping. He went way above and beyond and delivered more than we expected. We are very pleased with the transformation of our yard all thanks to Greg and his employees. Everyone at Dominion is punctual, courteous, and meticulous about the work performed. We are very pleased with everything that Dominion has done.

Category landscaping, leaf removal, masonry, deck cleaning, hardscaping

11/18/2008

DR CAROLE K.

I thought they were professional and in every way, it was one of the best companies I have worked with. I had something that I thought needed to be replaced, and they had a way of fixing it. They want to fix it for you, or find a quick or financially sound way to fix it. They are all about customer satisfaction. The owner of the company came out to supervise, which was great. He seems like he wants everything done right the first time. They will give a free estimate ahead of time, and more importantly, you only pay when service is complete and the customer is satisfied.

Description of Work
They have done both landscaping and masonry work.

Category landscaping, masonry

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services.

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Premium Drainage & Erosion Solutions

If you're looking for honesty and quality workmanship, you've come to the right place. Our specialty is drainage and landscaping, but whether a property needs storm drains, french drains, sump pumps, grading, leveling, excavation, patios, creative guttering for water removal or landscaping, we do all of the above with guaranteed results! Get in touch today for a consultation, and help us help you come up with the perfect drainage solution for your home or business!

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Landscaping, Hardscaping, paver walkways, driveways, & patios, pressure washing, deck maintenance, fence building, grading & french drains, gutter cleaning, sod & seeding, spring & fall yard cleanup, retention ponds

Grass Cutting