Bartlett Tree Experts - 41211

Founded 1907 • With Angi since September 2005

7823 Loisdale Rd

Springfield, VA 22150

Bartlett Tree Experts has been providing scientific tree care since 1907. A 3rd generation, family owned business, our mission is the maintenance and care of the health and beauty of trees and shrubs. We are an international organization, with offices in Canada, England and Ireland. Our Research Laboratories advises us about the latest technological advances in arboriculture and assists our arborists with training updates. The laboratory networks with professionals at universities, government agencies, and allied industry groups. This enables us to provide state-of-the art procedures and techniques to our clients. Our arborists consult with other professionals for common projects and community interests. Our unique position in the green industry helps us further arboriculture as a science and a profession. TCIA accredited, ISA member, TCIA member. Award winning....

01/30/2018

Marianne W.

They were excellent and reliable. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I hired them for about 20 years to do all the tree work for my landscaping business.

08/02/2017

Juwan H.

I've been doing business with them for years. I had two dogs at the time and one is a German Shephard and she did not like people coming into the yard and they would always call me before they’d head into the yard.

Description of Work
I had prepaid to have my trees sprayed and my next door neighbors tree trimmed.

04/24/2017

Albert G.

The were very profession, clean up all debris, and were very courteous.

Description of Work
Tree thinning, fertilizing, spraying.

04/24/2017

Albert G.

Great. Good thorough job. Clean up debris.

Description of Work
Pruned three trees on my property.

Category pest control, landscaping, tree service

10/25/2016

Ainslie W.

Patrick Teague prepared a detailed plan and estimate mid-summer, which we accepted. The dead tree was removed, other trees were pruned properly and after a soil analysis, special fertilizing of the two big oak trees took place. Bartlett has since been back to continue care of our trees, performing additional pruning and shaping, and specialized fertilizing.

Description of Work
Many of the trees in our yard were in bad shape. One large oak tree was dead, several other trees needed pruning and fertilization, and there were other issues with other trees.

10/17/2016

Mary B.

Great. They are coming back to treat one particular tree.

Description of Work
Extensive pruning and adjustment of cables.

Category pest control, tree service

08/18/2016

Albert G.

The technician was pleasant, explained what and why I needed to get done. The work was done soon afterward and appears to be working.

Description of Work
Spraying tree, testing soil and fertilizing.

05/03/2016

Christine C.

They did a fabulous job. The berry tree was growing all over the place.?

Description of Work
They trimmed a berry tree. They also trimmed another tree that was getting too close to the house.?

04/29/2016

Christine C.

They did a fabulous job. The berry tree was growing all over the place.

03/24/2016

Sally J.

Please ask questions and get specific what you want done. Also, find out what crew is doing the job as well .

Description of Work
They were late and they left without telling me and just drove off.... after being 3 1/2 hours late and showing up at 4:30pm. I guess they just wanted to go HOME !!!

10/01/2015

William M.

Three man crew worked from early morning to dusk for two days. The crew arrived on time, had a very professional attitude, and accomplished a difficult and dangerous task demonstrating excellent teamwork and a commitment to safety. The trees were on a sharp slope very close to the rear of our house and the crew dropped them with amazing skill and care. They explained what they were going to do before starting and readily answered questions. The removal of the downed trees from our yard down a steep driveway was a significant task in itself. Cleanup at the end of each day was excellent. The crew rightly showed commendable pride in their work. I strongly recommend the company.

Description of Work
Removed five large trees, three were 100 feet tall or more, from slope in rear of our home.

06/04/2015

Harry M.

I have been using Jason Brown at Bartlett since last Fall, when he sent me an unsolicited personal note about the state he noticed of one of my trees in my yard. That kind of communication was so unusual to me that I contacted him to have him come check it out. He brought to my attention a problem no one else (including myself) had noticed, and after talking with over a half-dozen arborists, I decided he was the most knowledgeable and most reasonably priced for attempting to save the tree. Others wanted to give up on it, but Jason had some ideas which had a reasonable chance of at least extending the life of the tree, if not helping it recover its health. Although my tree probably will not be able to fully recover, despite the treatments (many times, it appears, by the time a problem is obvious with a tree, it's too late), I grew to trust Jason's recommendations and suggestions, and am now having Bartlett come regularly to monitor my trees and bushes and try to find problems before they occur. He even had a person come out to properly prune some problem holly bushes I had - now they are growing beautifully, again. I recommend Jason Brown at Bartlett for arborist work - he has the resources of a large research company behind him (and this can be really important), and he's a nice and knowledgeable guy, to boot.

Description of Work
Jason Brown from Bartlett assessed the status of two trees in decline on my property, identified treatments and solutions based on my budget, performed pruning on both trees, ensured treatments were done, and started periodically reviewing trees and shrubs on the rest of my property.

Category tree service

Good morning ( members name removed) Terribly sorry for the very late response to your amazing review of Jason's work - somehow we have not been getting these notifications from Angie's list and I just happen to check our account and came across several positive feedbacks, most especially yours. Thank you so much for your fond words and I will certainly pass it on to Mr. Brown. Our best regards, Margot Margot M. Arellano Bartlett Tree Experts Springfield, VA

03/05/2015

Jon P.

He gave me options on which services I want. I chose what I want and I go ahead and schedule it. He will send me a proposal with options for the service and I select which services I would prefer. They did fertilization for the winter. I would recommend them because they are very profession and do a great job.

Description of Work
They took care of the root rot and did protection and fertilization. It was for 30 trees.

02/18/2015

Claudia M.

We have a large tree root coming up through our driveway and needed to get advice on how to handle it. Kurt was very helpful in explaining what needed to be done and what was NOT needed! Basically he told me to save my money and get a handyman and/or driveway guy to dig up the surrounding driveway and saw the root out. He explained how it would affect the tree and how to care for the cut root ends and how to proceed with fixing the driveway again. We are really appreciative of such an honest Tree Expert and will DEFINITELY use Bartlett Tree Experts in the future for our tree needs!

Description of Work
Kurt Mohr from Bartlett Tree Experts came by our house the SAME day I inquired of Arborist services. He was very professional (as was the office staff answering my message and setting up the appointment) and informative.

Category tree service

Mrs. Michel, Thank you so much for your positive review! I will certainly forward it to Mr. Mohr. We always keep in mind "what's best for client and tree." Do let us know if you need Mr. Mohr for a complimentary inspection of your other trees (and shrubs)! My best regards, Margot

02/11/2015

Jennipher R.

They do different services for me. The price depends on what they are doing. For the last visit, I haven't got the bill yet, but I'm guessing it's a good chunk of money. They are by far the most knowledgeable company about trees that I've ever found. They are the most caring and considerate about plants in general. They don’t hack and whack at things. They send people up with very specific gear. They are all arborists. The people they send up in trees are arborists. They try to save branches, cable them in and do other things. They are expensive. But they bring out people to do soil tests and all sorts of other things, and we pay for it. They have also saved more trees than they have hurt. They are exceptional at their jobs. I would recommend them to others if they have a sick tree or things they are worried about or want to know. These are the people who love plants and trees. They don’t touch my lawn. They walk on it when they have to get to my trees, but that's about it. They don’t do landscaping. All they will do is walk by my plants and flip over the back of the leaves. They will tell me that I have an infestation of red mites and ask me if I want them to spray for red mites. They will tell me that this bush has hoogie hoogie disease and that we only get that in the spring if the pH levels are too high. They will ask me if I want them to deal with it. They deal with it more in the medicinal sense. They are incredibly punctual, incredibly timely and incredibly kind. They clean up after themselves well. They actually did trim my topiary. They didn’t do it with hedgers; they went out there with little hands and scissors and trimmed each leaf. Then they swept all the dirt in the driveway so it was all pristine and clean. They are just immaculate, kind, knowledgeable and funny. Their administration is great to deal with in terms of invoicing and billing. They have just been all-around a very kind, good company. They send me a Christmas card; they are just nice people. They are exceptionally expensive but they are worth it if we are into saving our trees. They are not inexpensive. I tell people that we get what we pay for. They are fabulous. The quality of service is wonderful. Their responsiveness is fabulous, and their punctuality is great. I always use them.

Description of Work
They are out here all the time. They do regular service for me. The last time I used them, they did a whole cleaning of the yard, and trimmed all of the trees and bushes in my yard and clipped everything back. I have an acre of land full of trees. They do everything but grass. They do all of my spraying, soil treatments and cutbacks when all of my plants need to be cut. They check for all my bugs and soil treatments. They actually did trim my topiary.

Category pest control, lawn service, tree service

Dear [Member Name]. Many thanks for your fantastic review of our services - love the "hoogie hogie" remark! I will certainly forward it to Taylor - it will certainly warm his cold, snowy day! Kindest regards, Margot Margot Arellano Bartlett Tree Experts

10/03/2014

Ken P.

They are a little pricey but good group. They do the right thing. They go the extra mile. They are very responsive and follow-up well.

Description of Work
We worked with Bartlett Tree Experts. They did an estimate on fertilizing and did some treatment of some disease on the tree.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Dear (Members Name) . Many thanks for your review on the work recently performed on your property! We are privileged that you have chosen Bartlett to be your tree specialists as well as the confidence you have placed in us – you must do us the honor of serving you again in the many years to come. Best, Margot Margot M. Arellano Bartlett Tree Experts Springfield, VA

05/18/2014

Dabney L.

Steven arrived within a day or two of our call for an estimate. He arrived on time and gave us the best price of all the estimates we received. Due to a family trip, we had to re-schedule the removal, which was done on the day we requested. The crew arrived at 8:00 am, as promised, went immediately to work and were gone, having cleaned up the area, in 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We had thought that they would have to work from our driveway, because of our drainfield, but they were able to complete the work from the back of our property - a much better choice.

Description of Work
Remove and dispose of five leyland cypress trees four of which were 50+ feet tall. Removed all of tree debris by chipping wood and greens.

05/13/2014

Freeman J.

Bartlett is an excellent company and has state of the art soil testing and laboratory. The techs are very efficient. I would use them once for the soil test but I have opted to hire another company for future years because of pricing. Batrlett is expensive. you get your money's worth but I feel other companies can do as well for a fraction of the cost.

Description of Work
Soil care & fertilization; pest management

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn treatment, tree service

05/01/2014

ANN J.

These people take their work seriously. They are arborists. They're not inexpensive, but trees in particular are an important part of anyone's property. Better to have it done right! Everything on our property looks healthy and cared for. I will continue to use them regularly which actually means a yearly evaluation and work done during the appropriate season.

Description of Work
They applied fertilizer to some shrubs which had been damaged by the cold weather last winter. In the fall, they trimmed trees that had become overgrown: all look so much better now that leaves are appearing. I have had them do this in the past, with great success. They have also evaluated some large and old trees on our property, some of which are near the house. Because of the storms we've had in recent years, I was concerned that if any of them fell, they would cause damage. recent years, I needed to know that the trees are healthy!

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

04/28/2014

Bonnie W.

00Well! Taylor Duke is very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
tree trimming, fertilizing

04/05/2014

Brian W.

Arrived on time and performed the work quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Perform a bark treatment to the following plant to help suppress ambrosia beetles

03/31/2014

Jan P.

Because we called right after the storm, and I think because we were an existing customer, they were out for the emergency storm damage repairs right away. They even picked up broken branches from the roof. I'm sure they had hundreds of calls that day, but they made sure my yard was all cleaned up from the damaged tree debris before they left. Previous tree trimming & growth maintenance has been wonderful and the crew was excellent.

Description of Work
Repaired tree damaged from the famous derecho storm, did other essential trimming and cleaned everything up perfectly.

03/28/2014

Therese M.

Each treatment was billed separately. They cleaned up very thoroughly!

Description of Work
Pruned and thinned two enormous old holly trees, pruned and thinned an old dogwood. Treated the dogwood three times over a period of months to prevent anthracnose and other pests.

03/24/2014

Monja V.

Today their tech came out and fertilized the 2 Ash trees. Nice young man - polite and took care when working in the garden bed around the trees. Found the two trees without an issue (we have quite a few older trees on the property) and explained to me what he was going to be doing. I watched for a bit and he seemed to do a very diligent job. Even made sure the gate was secured so the dogs wouldn't get out.

Description of Work
We used the company last year for various tree services and are using them again this year since we were pleased with the company. Josh walked the property with me and took the time to answer all my questions. He also told me when a treatment wasn't necessary and what to watch out for. He seemed very straight up. The techs that come out are always very courteous and explain what they will be doing. This year we expanded on the services slightly since last year's went very well. We have 2 old Ash trees that have been hit by the borer, so we are trying to do what we can to save them - treatment for the borer and deep root fertilizer. We only did the borer treatment last year and it seemed to stop the trees from getting any worse. So that was very positive. Additionally, we are treating our Serviceberries for cedar apple rust (3 treatments), laurel for some peach scale (1 treatment), and are having 2 large and 2 medium crepe myrtles trimmed about 3'-4' from the crown (not chopped but trimmed). I asked that they coordinate the trimming for when I am at home and they we happy to do so.

01/09/2014

John C.

Diseased tree fully recovered. Several years ago I was originally referred to Bartlett by a competitor because Bartlett employed certified arboriists who could properly identify diseases and recommend the apporpriate treatment. Most tree service companies do not emply aborists. Bartlett came, diagnosed the problem and sucessfully treated the diseased tree for fungus. Treatment was good for a couple of years, but this past year fungus came back as it is prone to do. This past summer was the second time I used the services, which again were successful in getting rid of the fungus.

Description of Work
Treated 2 Sycamores for fungus and also fertilized both early last summer. Treatment required two applications several weeks apart. Stopped by house yesterday for followup and to touch base.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, tree service

Thank you - We look forward to keeping your trees healthy and beautiful!

Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

Weed Man Fairfax-Manassas

Weed Man Lawn Care Fairfax-Manassas, VA is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible fertilization, weed control and surface insect with grub control services. For the past 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: We treat your lawn as if it were our own and provide you with honest and open communication. Additional contact name - Christine Musselman. Additional DBA - Weed Man.

Ross Tree Service Ltd

We have been serving all of Northern Virginia since 1982. We service both commercial and residential clients. Our office is open Monday - Friday 8AM -4PM and we are on call for for storm emergencies 24/7 by calling (703) 583-8733. Ross Tree Service takes care of all of your tree care needs.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Residential & commercial tree care, pruning, cabling, bracing, insect, disease, plant diagnostics, soil testing, lightning protection, pest management & fertilization.