Atlas Roofing Co

Springfield, VA 22150

Award winning.

03/25/2022

Gerald V.

Atlas Roofing is completely first class and I cannot recommend them any more highly. They just replaced my roof and gutters and the entire experience was outstanding from beginning to end. Ed, the owner, is extremely attentive to detail and made sure all of my concerns were addressed. Atlas Roofing is absolutely tops!

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutters

Category carpet installation, roofing

01/04/2021

Chris L.

Great service from honest and knowledgable professional. Choose your shingles, sit back and relax. Your job will be done right. This is our second roof by Ed at Atlas.

Description of Work
Tear off and reroof

Category carpet installation, roofing

11/15/2019

Charles H.

They inspected the roof and said it was good for another 3 years. I will definitely hire them when I do need to replace. If only, everyone were that honest.

Description of Work
Have a 24 year old roof

06/25/2018

richard G.

Work was done as described, very professional and neat. Excellent communication with Owner and staff. Detailed description of work to be performed and options concerning different types of shingles in the estimate provided by Atlas not found in other roofers I considered.

Description of Work
Ridge Vent put on existing roof of one home and new roof put a on townhouse.

05/21/2018

Elizabeth A.

Loved Atlas Roofing and will recommend the company to anyone who needs a new roof. Job was started at 7 in the morning and completed by 2Pm the same day. After completion, there was not a nail or shingle on the ground - a perfect clean-up job.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of existing old roof.

05/09/2018

Stacy W.

Ed and his team were incredible. Very fast and thorough quote. Brought shingles over for me to look through and choose. Project was done in one day. Crew clean up was thorough. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

04/23/2018

Keith I.

Great experience - very responsive and easy to work with. They worked fast and cleaned up very well afterwards. Felt in good hands which hardly happens anymore.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter replacement

02/13/2018

Peter B.

All went well and unexpectedly fast after signing the contract. Ed Vanderhoeven called us one evening a few days after mailing the contract to ask if it would be OK to come the following day. We'd had several days of rain and many leaks but hadn't expected them for another few weeks, so we were delighted to take advantage of the unexpected availability. The five or six person team arrived on time the next morning and the work took about 4 hours. We were a little concerned about the low temperature at the start, around 33 degrees, but it warmed up a little as the morning went on, and we were reassured by Ed that there would be no problems. They left the yard clean of debris and used a magnet to pick up any fallen nails. When we commented on the great clean up and how a carpenter had left a number of screws and nails in our pea gravel driveway in front of the house, without saying anything Ed got out the magnet and did a sweep of the driveway. He found dozens of nails screws, bobby pins and pieces of old shutter hardware. Since we've had a couple of punctured tires, we were delighted at this little extra service.

Description of Work
Repair and replace roof (shingles and underlayment) on low slope roof over enclosed porch (12'x24')

12/27/2017

Brett W.

Great job on the roof and their team was quick, clean and cleaned the yard of all debris. They swept for nails multiple times and the roof looks great.

Description of Work
Strip two layers of shingles, replace plywood and shingle roof. They also replaced the attic fan with the correct size fan.

11/10/2017

Bill G.

Atlas inspected our roof and said they did not see any damage/problems (except moss) and that we had up to 5 more years of life left on the shingles.

Description of Work
I was considering a shingle replacement

08/16/2017

Robin T.

Everything went smoothly. The work was done efficiently and quickly. The clean-up was complete. The crew was very professional and courteous. The owner was very cooperative about scheduling and very responsive when I had questions. There's no hard sell.

Description of Work
Atlas installed a new roof and also installed gutter covers.

06/14/2017

Steven M.

Excellent. On-time and great to deal with.

Description of Work
replacement of 25 year old roof

05/30/2017

John C.

It went according to plan and was done for a reasonable price as quoted.

Description of Work
Repairs: flashing recaulked about chimney and roof vents and several loose shingles secured

05/05/2017

Marie T.

Installation took one day. Some roof tiles came loose during high winds, repair was made within 1-2 days. I had gotten about 4 estimates, which were all about the same. Atlas was a few hundred dollars over the highest estimate (although its price also included the shed and overhang roofing).

Description of Work
25 year old roof, shed roof and overhang roof was replaced.

04/11/2017

Ingrid P.

Fabulous. Ed knows his business, is responsive, and his crews are not day crews. Ed only has a couple of crews and he personally oversees the work at every site. One of the few really good construction experiences I've had.

Description of Work
New roof, down to the sheathing. Some sections needed replacement sheathing. Energy efficient triple ply shingles (not an up sell--I choose before selecting roofer).

02/22/2017

Linda P.

Could not have gone better! Owner Ed gave a detailed estimate covering all the bases and gave me options/prices for various materials so I could choose the one that worked best for me. He offered good advice, and I felt very confident in him and his team. They arrived en masse in the morning, and by the afternoon I had a new roof in place! The workmanship, including cleanup, was outstanding - his crew worked like a well-oiled machine, and they all seemed very confident and competent in what they were doing. Ed has his own contracted crews and does not use day laborers, and they were all friendly and accommodating. Ed was considerate about my timeline and made sure my roof was completed within the time frame I requested. After the job was finished, Ed personally came by to inspect it to make sure it met with his expectations, which I believe he does with all of his jobs. So far I've had no problems with the roof and am not expecting any, but I know that sometimes problems do arise, and I know from others' experiences that Ed provides excellent follow-up service if needed. His labor warranty is also 10 years, as opposed to 5 years or less for most other companies. In short, I highly recommend Atlas Roofing and Ed and thank him for a job well done!

Description of Work
New roof, including removal of old roof.

09/19/2016

Marie O.

When Mr. Ben Sharrow arrived for the appointment, he immediately said that my roof was too steep for him since he had injured his knee. I was surprised since it's a common center-hall colonial type house - very common in this area. He kindly offered to put his ladder up and take a look at the roof in general. Another company wanted to replace the whole back to the tune of almost $7,000 and he told me that wasn't at all necessary - that I had many good years left on that roof which was a relief to know, and didn't charge me anything for the visit. He recommended Marshall Roofing which I checked out on Angie's List and then hired to do the work. They fixed the leak and replaced two skylights for $1,200.

Description of Work
Repair of a leak in my rood

04/15/2016

Mary Alan B.

We have the best roof we've had in our 40+ years in this house, thanks to Ed Vander Hoeven, owner of Atlas Roofing. Our house is warmer in the winter, and we anticipate it will be cooler in summer, based on an early taste of warm weather earlier this spring. He is one of the two best contractors we've ever used. He communicates clearly, both in person and via email, and responds promptly to any calls. He's knowledgeable, experienced, and came highly recommended by friends. Ed's price was competitive. We had four other estimates, with a range of up to $4k difference, and each estimator offered a different proposal for how to re-roof our house. Ed's suggestion made the most sense and was at the lower end for cost. One of the most expensive estimates was to re-roof our house exactly the way it had been done in the past, not a good option. Our house has tongue-in-groove cathedral ceilings throughout the upstairs. In 1975, the builder put a roof over that ceiling that consisted of a felt / protective cover, 1" insulation boards, and shingles. After we bought the house, he advised us to never walk on the roof. (What?) Thanks to Ed and his excellent Atlas crew, we now have OSB over the entire roof, plus additional insulation. Ed had two crews work on our house and they completed the job in one day. He worked alongside his crews for a good part of the day. We highly recommend Atlas Roofing.

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

Category remodeling, roofing, roof cleaning

03/09/2016

Barbara F.

Ben did an complete repair including replacing the damaged plank sheathing underneath and also fixed a couple of sagging shingles. After he finished and the job turned out to be less complicated than originally estimated, he reduced the price! You don't see that kind of integrity much these days. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repaired hole in roof due to tree limb.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

01/28/2016

Irwin O.

We had 3 other bids on the roof install. Looking line by line, Atlas was NOT the least expensive but they were using quality CertainTeed shingles. They also had a high consumer rating from another local independent review site. That means to us that they were going to do an above average install. What we have learned over the years in maintaining our home it is not just about buying quality products, but having them installed properly. We also upgraded from a 3 tab shingle to a 5 tab, had a ventilation system installed. The roof looks awesome and "tight". Installation of CertainTeed Pro shingles with 6 nail application for high wind warranty ? 130mph Est. 2,000 square feet of shingles which included the waste Complete tear-off of existing shingles (one layer) down to wood decking Inspection of wood decking/ and repair of rooted wood (priced per foot) Installation of new 15 lb. felt underlayment Installation of ?Weathergaurd? ice/water barrier at all eaves, around edges, chimneys, pipes Installation of all NEW chimney flashing and wall edges Installation of starter strip shingles on all eaves Installation of new vent pipe flashing on external roof pipes Installation of drip edge at all eaves Installation of new ridge ventilation system Installation of ?Smart vent? system Installation of new ridge cap shingles Manufacture 40 yr. warranty on shingles; 10-year warranty on labor Complete clean-up and haul-away of all debris, including use of a magnetic sweeper to collect nails They did an above average job with very good comunication!

Description of Work
Re-Roof w/ Tare-off of one layer of shingles.

Category decks, roofing

01/04/2016

Russell H.

I requested that Atlas Roofing submit an estimate for me since the two layers of shingles on my 65 year old house were leaking and looking a bit long in the tooth. Atlas was highly-rated in Washington Consumers Checkbook, as well as Angie?s List, so I invited them to bed. They sent out their repairman, Ben, who was certainly not a salesman but knew his way around a roof. He took down the details of the roof and told me that the owner would then send me an estimate, which he sent via email the next morning. I chose Atlas Roofing to install my new roof because their price was the midpoint of the three estimates I had received and they appeared to be responsible based on online reviews, BBB ratings, etc. Ben also explained that the work is not subcontracted out (i.e., to day laborers) and that the owner, Ed VanderHoeven pays for good health insurance for the workers. That?s the kind of small business that makes America great. Atlas?s warranty was also the most clear as it expressly stated that the roof would be leak free (at their expense) for 10 years. No haggling over what a ?defect in workmanship? meant. After sending the estimate to me, I called Ed with some questions and he proved himself personable and knowledgeable. Based on my work schedule, I wanted the roof done sooner rather than later, and Ed scheduled the re-roofing for the following Monday morning, which worked great! Ed called me the night before to confirm, and the crew arrived at 7:30 on Monday morning and started working around 8. Due to it being the first cold day in a while, Ed scheduled both of his crews to work on my roof, so they completed the job in 3.5 hours! There were 9 (I think) people working on my roof at one time. The roof looks great, and the crew did an excellent job of cleaning up my property. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Atlas Roofing tore off two layers of shingles, repaired boards, and installed a Certainteed roofing system, including edge vents, a ridge vent, and Landmark Pro shingles.

07/20/2015

Charles D.

One of the best contractors I have ever used. Edward Vanderhoeven runs a great company. He oversees the work. He ensures everything is done to code and customer satisfaction. -Provides quality support to ensure the correct type, style, and roof system is installed to manufacturers specifications -Works extremely well with customer to ensure color, choices are what customer wants -Best price out of 4 bids; no shortcuts taken. -You immediately get a sense of trust. -Crew works hard. Gets the work done. They clean up well. Absolutely no issues. Ed makes sure you are completely satisfied. It is very hard to find someone you can completely trust...but ED and his crew does that. Include him on your bids. You will NOT regret that decision. You may come and see roof. We used GAF Ultra HD shingles (53% thicker that normal architechtual shingles. Great color pattern without being over-powered.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement. Gutter guards. Attic fan. 12' of gutter

07/03/2015

Linda or Wayne L.

The crew arrived right on time, and in full force. They explained to me exactly what they'd be doing and then proceeded with the work. It took a tad more than seven hours to finish up the job -- and they left my property totally free of debris. You'd never know they had been there -- except for the fact that we have a lovely new roof, a nice update for our 50-year-old home. I was so happy with the roof that I posted a photo on Facebook. Yeah, I know, it's just a roof. But it's a lovely one!

Description of Work
Removed existing shingles, replaced damaged plywood, installed architectural shingles, a passive ventilation system, snow & ice shield and gutter covers. They also corrected the bathroom exhaust systems, which had been improperly vented to the attic by another contractor.

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof snow removal, woodworking

06/30/2015

Darren I.

Second time I've used Ed VanderHoeven and Atlas in a year. First was a roof last summer. Totally satisfied and would highly recommend. Timely, professional, competitively priced.

Description of Work
Replaced Skylights

Category electrician, roofing, skylights

06/24/2015

Kenneth L.

It was last year so I really don't remember specifics, but they did an excellent job. No complaints about the service at all. Ed was great. Responded to every call.

Description of Work
Replaced my mom's roof. Added ridge vent.

Charlies Woodworks Inc

J Reynolds Landscaping

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience.

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
    10 YEAR WARRANTY ON NEW ROOFS.

Re-Roof, Roof Repairs, Skylights