AFTER HOURS HOME IMPROVEMENT LLC

Founded 1982 • With Angi since March 2012

P.O. Box 5051

Springfield, VA 22150

We are a family owned and operated business that has been around for over 30 years. We are licensed in Plumbing, Gas, Electric and HVAC. We have and A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau and over 174 customer reviews on our website through Homeadvisor. We accept all major credit cards and we have

09/15/2015

Sheila S.

Contacted company and received prompt estimate on work from Reid. He was very helpful explaining how work should be done and always answered any questions we had along the way. He is very well versed in electrical and plumbing codes as well as having experience in all areas related to home improvement. The work was primarily performed by Oscar who was a meticulous, hard worker who vacuumed and cleaned up every night of the 3 week project. We are very pleased with the outcome of the project and would work with this company again.

Description of Work
Installed canned recessed lights, new GFIs, added a dedicated circuit, and made drywall repairs

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing

04/29/2014

Mary B.

Reid, the company manager and grandson of the originial owner, is very competent and skilled at his work. He has also had formal education in his varied skills. He explains problems very thoroughly and does his best to fix them. I had a very serious and costly water leak and did not realize it until I received a huge water bill. Because of all of the snow and ice, I had not detected the leak for some time. I called Reid as soon as the County had verified the leak and got immediate response. He has a hard working crew that does not waste any time. I would like to give credit to his crew supervisor, Walter, as well. I highly recommend his family owned company and will certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired outside water main (pipe from street to house). Replaced inside valve and leaking pipe. Replaced toilet fixture.

Category plumbing

02/09/2014

linda S.

Talk about great customer service. Not only do these guys operate during regular business hours, but I called them on a Sunday because my water heater had leaked all over my basement. They responded in 30 minutes and were at our house in 1 hour. Reid and his team are the most professional contractors we have ever seen. They placed plastic down and wore shoe covers so to not track in anymore dirt. They had a water heater in stock and removed and replaced the heater that night! We had hot water for our family and Reid and his team performed all the water remidiation and because they are licensed in every trade, it gets better. They repaired all the drywall and installed new carpet and padding that was damaged from the water. The drywall, base board and shoemolding looks better than what was there. I cannot say enough about this young man and his crew. Polite, clean and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Worth every penny because they did it right and they have wonderful reviews all over the internet. Thanks Angie!!

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater and performed basement repair.

Category carpet installation, drywall, plumbing, water damage restoration, water heater repair

02/06/2014

Aaron W.

Reid also followed up later that night to see if I was able to make the repair myself. I will be using Reid and After Hours Home Improvement to replace my water heater in the very near future. Reid explained his company philosophy to me, which is treat everyone how you'd want your mama treated - what a great philosophy and he must have an awesome mom!

Description of Work
I contacted the company regarding a frozen pipe during our last deep freeze, when I called I didn't get an answer so I left a message and was called back, by Reid Gravitte - the owner in a matter of minutes! When Reid called back, I explained what was going on and that I was getting ready to cut into the wall to thaw some pipes, he immediacy advised me that he didn't think I had a frozen pipe, but a bad shower valve cartridge. Reid walked me through the steps in order to make the repair myself. He also advised me that this valve normally has a problem when the anodizing material starts to separate in the hot water heater. He explained what to look for on the valve to determine if the hot water heater is the problem.

Category plumbing

What a tremendous review. I truly appreciate this client taking his time to write such a beautiful, eloquently written response. It is easy to complain and it takes great people with great souls to actually write something good. People rarely compliment good work anymore. We are truly great contractors and I do train my guys to treat every client like they would want their own mothers treated! Thank you again for taking your time to tell other members how we operate. I hope that our staff can help others with their endeavors. We are licensed in every trade Plumbing, Gas, Electric and HVAC. Because we are also General Contractors we are a one stop shop and can do any job from start to finish. Please see our pictures, affiliations and Google our company to see all of our wonderful reviews and ratings. We have been family owned and operated for 30 years now and we offer many specials. We hope to get a chance to show you our abilities and our great customer service!

Premium Drainage & Erosion Solutions

If you're looking for honesty and quality workmanship, you've come to the right place. Our specialty is drainage and landscaping, but whether a property needs storm drains, french drains, sump pumps, grading, leveling, excavation, patios, creative guttering for water removal or landscaping, we do all of the above with guaranteed results! Get in touch today for a consultation, and help us help you come up with the perfect drainage solution for your home or business!

Award 2022
    Exterior Waterproofing Experts

Exterior Waterproofing Experts is a Class A General Contractor in the state of Virginia since 1997. Our service protects your home against wet basements, water leaks, flooding, water seepage, foundation leaking, and wall seepage. We have been doing subcontract grading and drainage work for many years. We have completed many waterproofing contracts for residents of Fairfax County, including: Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, McLean, Great Falls, Potomac, and Vienna, Virginia (VA). We are now offering to work directly for clients, passing the savings on to the homeowners. It is our belief that water problems are best solved from the outside before water gets into your home.

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Ask for details.

Specialize in water heater repair/replacement, gas repair, electrical repair, HVAC repair/replacement. Includes water leaks, fixture repair/replacement, toilet repair/replacement, garbage disposal install, drain cleaning, gas leaks, frozen or broken pipes, water main repair/replacement, sewer main repair/replacement. Remodel kitchens, bathrooms, basements. Same day service and 24 hour emergency service. $70 discount on work over $300 for Angies List clients. Ask about details.

Countertops.