CJR Property Inspections

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2012

10329 Gordon Road

Spotsylvania, VA 22553

CJR Property Inspections, a Virginia Home Inspection Company, primarily operates in Northeastern Virginia (labeled Zone 1, 2, and 3 below). We operate out of Fredericskburg, VA but have a large footprint from Winchester to Alexandria to Colonial Beach to Tappahannock to Ashland to Culpeper and points in between. Additional contact name - Jay Steele & Joe Kairys. Additional service areas: Portions of Fairfax, Frederick, & Prince George’s Counties. Fredericksburg City & Portions of District of Columbia....

06/12/2018

Kenny E.

They were great!! They came on time. The were very thorough with doing the inspection. They made sure to answer all my questions. They also made sure I understood everything being done. They made the process very easy.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/17/2018

Charles H.

We hired CJR based upon recommendations from neighbors who had been well satisfied by their work. We wanted an independent inspection of our house prior to the expiration of the one-year builder warranty. They found a few items needing repair/replacement, which I'm not sure the builder would have identified. Excellent work all around. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
One-year warranty home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for taking the time to give the positive feedback Mr. H! It's what we strive for, and we are glad that you felt it money well spent! Thanks again!

02/24/2018

Mardrey A.

We are amazed at the thoroughness of the inspection, and it helped us determine that, with the work that needed to be done, that we were going to have several thousand dollars in extensive repairs done before moving in. There were issues with the home's electric, plumbing, roofing, windows, etc...luckily, thanks to CJR, we were able to make an informed "guesstimate" at the cost of repairs, and negotiate with the homeowners to some price concessions. Had the inspection not been so carefully detailed, we wouldn't have recognized most of the issues until they had caused further extensive damage. What a GREAT company to have on your side, especially if you're a buyer and you didn't hire a buyers agent!! They were worth every penny of the inspections and then some!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection services prior to purchasing a 30-year old home. Our offer was contingent upon the results of the home inspection for the house, including termite and radon inspection. CJR handled all three inspections for us.

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing

Thank you so much Mr. & Mrs. A! I wish I noticed this review earlier! It was a pleasure to meet you and your husband both that day, and I'm glad our company lived up to the expectations our clients and we set for ourselves. I like to hear when our services are used to re-negotiate a fair market value price for a home. That our clients aren't paying top dollar for a home that they then have to turn around and sink a bunch of money into, that they weren't aware they would have to spend going into the real estate transaction. That's the best compliment we can get! Thanks again!

09/28/2017

Charles H.

As we neared our one year anniversary in our new home we asked several neighbors who they had chosen for a home inspection. Although they all said their inspectors were good, only CJR actually would go on the roof. Since we had concerns about our roof (after seeing more than half the neighborhood get new roofs this year) we went with CJR. I can't begin to say how happy we were with John and Joe. They arrived on time and split up the duties of doing a very thorough inspection (it lasted over 3 hours). They found things we knew about and a lot that we didn't know about (like a small leak in the kitchen sink that showed up after they filled the sink up with water). Everything was tested to make sure it worked properly -- dishwasher, cooktop, oven, etc. All windows were opened to ensure they functioned properly (they found one wouldn't stay up). As for our roof, no hail damage, but they provided pictures of a lot of installation damage. At the end of the inspection, they sat down with us and provided a detailed presentation with pictures identifying all the items they found. Before they left the report was in my inbox. They even took down all the model/serial numbers of appliances, furnace, a/c unit, etc and we got a report if there were any recalls. Because we're in a high radon area, we had them also do a radon test. We will be telling other neighbors about our great experience with CJR.

Description of Work
We had John and Joe come out to provide a one year home inspection and also a radon test.

Category home inspection

We appreciate your kind words Mr. & Mrs. [Member Name Removed], and we appreciate your confidence in us. It was a pleasure for Joe and I to have met you both!!!

12/15/2016

Devin A.

CJR was very detailed with their findings and were very thorough. They checked every nook and cranny in the house I was buying. They came out two separate times to conduct re-inspections for which I was not charged for.

Description of Work
CJR completed a full house inspection and two re-inspections. Included radon inspection, well inspection and water testing.

12/13/2016

Michael T.

John and Joe came out on a short notice request. I can't say enough about how great and thorough they were! They were professional, friendly, and concerned that the details were explained carefully and understood. They typed up the report on site and presented the details so we were able to make an informed decision very quickly. We would definitely recommend them to any of our friends, and will use them again if we need to! Thanks John and Joe!!

Description of Work
We needed a prospective home inspected, very quickly.

Category home inspection

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. "T"!! We appreciate your business and allowing us to serve you. So happy we were able to get your inspection done at the 11th hour and things are working out. Thanks again for the kind words and give us a call if you have any post inspection questions that may come up..... Best, John & Joe

11/29/2016

Philippa O.

Great job. Courteous, punctual, consideration of home owners property. Delivered report before leaving and followed up with a full written report. Walked through any issues they found.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

10/20/2016

gary W.

The service was the best, very professional and friendly. Took the time to show me the full process of home inspection, and allowed me to ask questions, no matter how mundane. When all was said and done I felt confident that there was no stone left upturned. In the end I walked away from the house feeling confident that I had made the right choice using the very detailed inspection done by CJR, they saved me from a very costly mistake.

Description of Work
Inspection of a home for purchase.

Category home inspection

Hello Mr. W! We appreciate your kind words and taking the time to share your thoughts! We strive to have clients so happy with our service that they want to share with others. Ultimate compliment!!! It's a shame so many corners were cut on that home, but everything happens for a reason and we are sure the next one will be the right one!!! Best Regards, John & Joe

09/20/2016

Jonathan N.

Extremely thorough job done by John and his partner. Couldn't be happier. Took their time and made sure the job was done right. Worth every penny.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Hi [Removed Member Name] ! Joe and I both appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and others..... That was a very nice house and I hope you, your wife, and children were able to make the deal happen. We were honored you chose us to play a role in the process. Best, John & Joe

08/01/2016

Doug T.

John and Joe did a fantastic job of inspecting a resale property that we have under contract. I do NOT regularly write any reviews but wanted to commend them for an awesome job. Having two highly qualify inspectors independently go through the home and inspect everything that could be inspected and providing a full brief and COMPLETE report on-site at the end of the inspection was very assuring. I was concerned with my realtor's recommendation but he assured me he had the best inspectors and he did. Remember in buying a home, your realtor's fee gets paid by the seller so some realtors aren't looking out for your best interests. These guys are the best and they are worth their fee which is reasonable. They don't check a subset of the total electrical outlets/faucets/....,but they check everything. I'm telling all my friends to use them!!!!!! Oh - they give 3% discount for cash/check.

Description of Work
Home Inspection of a Resale Home 4 years old

Category home inspection

Hi Sir! We appreciate you giving us those kind words! We hope you and your wife are enjoying your new home, and it was a pleasure to meet you both.....

07/06/2016

Linda H.

Great job. This is our fourth new home and John and his partner did an incredibly thorough job. They found problems with a broken roof truss, ventilation system issues, and a handful of minor issues easily corrected by the builder. They showed up on time, took their time, and provided a timely report. CJR is phenomenal and I'd recommend them without reservation. Hire CJR when you need a professional home inspection, they know what they are doing!

Description of Work
John provided a comprehensive pre-drywall inspection of a new construction home.

Category home inspection

It was a pleasure to assist the both of you. Thanks again and hope your'e enjoying your new home!

03/19/2016

Tenicia M.

Very professional and prompt service. I would definitely recommend him!

Description of Work
Pre move in home inspection and radon inspection

03/02/2016

Jacy H.

fabulous. Incredibly professional and thorough. Presented powerpoint summary at the end of the inspection and offered to come back to check if repairs were made. My husband is very detail oriented and CJR blew him away with their high level of quality.

Description of Work
home inspection on new build home

Category home inspection

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive reviews! Our goal is for our clients to have a positive experience and for them to leave us positive reviews like yours in return. Thanks again!

02/07/2016

John M.

It went great, John and Joe arrived on time and provided me with detail information about the process. They work as a team, with one doing the outside and the other during the inside. They checked area's both large and small, going in the crawl space and up in the attic. The results of such a detail inspection, provided me with a clear and concise report of my home. With recommendations that I could pass on to a handyman or a contractor to complete. This is only the second home inspection I have been a part of and it was well worth it. I would recommend CJR Property Inspections to anyone looking for a detail and informative home inspection. Thanks John and Joe John

Description of Work
Perform a home inspection from top to bottom, checking every little thing.

Category home inspection

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing CJR to perform your home inspection Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We strive to provide our clients with a thorough and friendly service that leaves them feeling like it was money well spent. It was a pleasure to meet you! Best, John

07/19/2015

Christie T.

This was our third home inspection done by John and Jay with CJR. They are fantastic! The inspection is very thorough and detailed. They did not mind at all that my father-in-law wanted to tag along with Jay to crawl into crawlspaces, basements and attics so that he could see first-hand what they were seeing. The inspection report is very comprehensive and even ranks and prioritizes the issues found during the inspection. One service that we were very impressed with is that the company will come back out and re-inspect issues, free of charge, for as long as you own the house. We had a number of issues that were repaired as part of the Home Inspection Contigency, and they are willing to come back out to reinspect them to make sure they were properly repaired. We would absolutely recommend this company to anyone buying a house!

Description of Work
Home inspection of a single-family home

05/06/2015

Carlos V.

He was very friendly and thorough. He completed the inspection explaining his findings with me on the spot and what were minor fixes to a larger possible foundation issue. We went over them in more depth at the end as part of the report. We had the report emailed to us right after he's was done going over it. He really does mean it when he says "call me anytime with questions I'm happy to help". Two weeks later I bought the house. Had the electric and water turned on and then, I was having some low voltage issues. Some appliances would work like the garbage disposal other wouldn't like the AC/Heat pump or dryer. Everything was working when we did the home inspection. I called him and we went over some trouble shooting steps together. Turned out the electric company messed something up when the turned the power on. Luckily no appliances were damaged. Chuck was happy to help. I highly recommend CJR and chuck to anyone. Thanks!

Description of Work
Chuck was awesome. We had to reschedule a couple times due to weather and he was willing to accommodate us on a weekend. Because of our limited timeframe to remove the home inspection contingency. He didn't change extra for it either.

01/14/2015

Julie F.

It was amazing to work with CJR! They were referred to us by one of the lenders we were getting quotes from, and our realtor was a bit nervous because she had never worked with them. Well they won her over! She actually called me a while later to get their info again for an inspection she needed in the area. Jay was great to work with and a wonderful personality too. They were very good at noting what was general repairs or touch ups that we could take care of, and what was critical that should be part of our bid. A month or two after moving in we noticed a problem with our grinder pump and called CJR to ask - what the heck is a grinder pump anyway?? They stayed on the phone with my husband for a good half hour explaining grinder pumps, how they work, why they are in our neighborhood and what kinds of problems people typically have with them - and they did not charge us a penny for that conversation. I love these guys. I would hire them again in a SECOND! ** Please note, I cannot remember how much the inspection was exactly, so the number above is a bit of a guess. Please don't give them a hard time if they quote higher. That's on me, not them!

Description of Work
Home inspection for buyers

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review. By the way... It was $440 for the home inspection.

10/06/2014

Derek S.

We are purchasing our fourth house, and this was absolutely the most thorough home inspection I have ever received. It was also the first time I have ever had two people do the inspection. I was concerned about missing something since there two of them and only one of me, but it really wasn't an issue. I was able to go back and forth, and they were great at explaining what they had found and just general observations about the house. Plus, the final review of everything after the inspection also ensured I was aware of everything and had a chance to ask questions. We left with a hardcopy version of the report as well as a digital one in my email. The price was very competitive considering two inspectors were on site for over 4.5 hours. There were only two very small detractors. One, they were about an hour late. They did call a couple hours ahead of time to say they were running behind (I can see how that could happen, given the very thorough nature of their inspections). Second, they only take cash and checks, two things I really do not use much anymore. They are very upfront about it and include a reminder with the booking, but it would have been much more convenient if they accepted credit cards or paypal. All that said, if I were booking another home inspection tomorrow, I would absolutely call these guys.

Description of Work
Home inspection, well pump function test, and radon test

09/22/2014

Olivia D.

2 inspectors came. They were outstanding! They were at our home for 6 hours. They didn't miss anything. After owning 6 houses, I've never had an inspection quite so thorough. They printed their report on the spot and emailed it to us and our agent. They gave us a three ring binder with color pictures, explanations, dividers, detailed diagrams. They educated us on different problems we would've missed. I'm so impressed!

Description of Work
They inspected our new vacation / retirement house. It's a 2900 sq. ft home.

07/25/2014

Jeffrey B.

These guys are awesome. They showed up on time, with two inspectors and spent 5 hours combing through the home top to bottom. They provided me with a printed report upon completion and went over it with me on the spot. They were thorough, knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Their price for the combined home/termite inspection was comparable to their competitors that I contacted and you get 2 inspectors rather than the one that most others offer. They also came back to reinspect the repairs that the seller made and provided a supplemental report at no extra cost. I was able to coordinate an inspection within a few days of calling and they were flexible when I needed to reschedule. I would use their services again and recommend them to anyone looking for a quality home inspection.

Description of Work
CJR performed a pre-purchase home and termite inspection and provided a thorough report on the spot.

06/04/2014

Francesca A.

Outstanding service. Provided excellent feedback on findings. Made sure I was aware of all they found and even provided me with my own copy of the inspection before they left. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing a home inspection in the future.

Description of Work
Provided home inspection for purchasing the home. Extremely professional and very meticulous. Explained all the findings and recommendations for keeping the home in good condition after the purchase. Friendly, yet professional.

04/09/2014

Dianna H.

CJR showed up with two guys Check and John and they were awesome! Very professional, very thorough and so very nice and friendly. They went over how the inspection would go and then explained in detail any and every issue found. They checked everything which is what we wanted so we could assure any new buyer the house was sound and solid. it took a few hours and they never stopped - they were careful about moving things and very neat. I would highly recomment this company for anyone who needs a home inspection - they are AWESOME. A++++ so glad I found them on Angies list I wont use any other company to inspect for future moves.. THANK YOU CJR!!

Description of Work
CJR performed a presale house inspection and they were very thorough and very professional. What an amazing company, so knowledgeable in all areas of inspection.

01/12/2014

LISA H.

I don't think this company actually, physically got on top of our roof...I think they used a camera to view the roof. However, the home next door was having their inspection last month (June 2014) and the inspector informed us that the furnace pipe coming out of the roof is missing a cap. Huh? He showed us several other homes in the community with this cap. This cap prevents water and debris from entering the roof...like water damage. Etc. We feel that this missing cap shouldn't have been missed by CJR, so this is why we are updating our review. Update 8/2014- Again we have found another area that CJR has missed in our home inspection. We were missing insulation in the attic that was causing our guest room to not cool or heat for that matter. The HVAC guy actually tested the room temperatures and walls etc for insulation and checked the attic for proper insulation... Something I would think CJR/ my home inspector would do. We are in a new community and we are finding out that their are less expensive home inspector out there and will do a better job. We are planning to have our home re- inspected by another company later this year. I would not recommend CJR.

Description of Work
A new home inspection.

10/21/2013

Stacey B.

They showed up fifteen minutes prior to their arrival time and began filling out their paperwork and setting up. They explained in detail, step-by-step what they were going to inspect and how they were going to inspect it. They were very professional, very informative, and extremely knowledgeable. They also worked me in on a Saturday morning because of a schedule change which I thought was extremely nice. The team went out of their way to answer all of my questions and concerns. This is the second time I have hired this company and they have again exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Inspected home

07/20/2013

Kenneth H.

John and Jay were great! They arrived early and started did a very thorough look at every part of the house. They provided tips on increasing energy efficiency in the home and answered any questions that we had. they were very personable and professional. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Description of Work
Home Inspection for a property purchase

That Bug Guy Pest Control

That bug guy pest control provides expert level service at an affordable price. We offer military, first responders and senior discount.

Offers by That Bug Guy Pest Control on Angi
    PestNow LLC

The PestNow brand was originally founded in Virginia in 1995 as Superior Pest Management when four high school friends (Tony Bowers, Frank Bowers, Mark Tatum, and Joe Hamilton) came together to form their own company. With each of them bringing different work experience and education backgrounds to the company, they felt they could work together and use each other's strength to build a successful business. Since Virginia is one of the country's largest Real Estate markets in the country, they decided to start their business off with the WDI Report and approached realtors. With their goal of providing a high volume of inspections, they were able to offer their services at a low price. Low pricing, knowledgeable inspectors, and the ease of doing business with Superior led the owners to expand to other areas and open additional branches. With business exceeding expectations, Tony, Frank, Mark, and Joe decided they wanted to expand further and brought in Rusty Markland as their Operations Manager. With Rusty being long-time industry specialist, they are able to provide additional support to all of their branches; as well as make use of his years of experience to further improve the business. Now, in 2010 with demand for services continuing to increase and an impressive support system in place, the long-time friends knew it was time to implement a plan to broaden PestNow's reach and identified franchising as the best method to do that. By enlisting the help of franchisees to expand on the company's success, PestNow continues to build upon its reputation. Through franchising, they will be able to offer individuals the same opportunity they've enjoyed throughout the years- the ability to operate a fun, fulfilling, and profitable business while at the same time expanding the PestNow family to locales throughout the nation.

Offers by PestNow LLC on Angi
    Radon Solutions Inc

Radon Solutions Inc is a full service Radon Mitigation contractor serving Western and Central Virginia. We are NEHA and NRSB certified and Virginia class B contractors. We have 21 years of mitigation experience. We include second party retesting following system installation to avoid conflict of interest matters. We offer the most effective solutions to reduce elevated radon levels. We install Sub-Slab suction systems, Sub Membrane suction systems, Heat recoverey ventilation systems.We specialize in the installation of well hidden mitigation systems and take the time to give customers several options prior to installation. We offer free quotes and provide prompt service. Call Today (540) 820-5891. Additional address - 1207 Three Springs Road, McGaheysville, VA 22840.

Virginia
    Virginia DPOR
    01/31/2017
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Home Inspection. Radon Measurement. Well Equipment & Well Performance Test. Well Water Lab Testing. Termite Inspection. Infrared Thermography Inspection.