WACO INC

Founded 1963 • With Angi since October 2008

5450 LEWIS RD

Sandston, VA 23150

Specialty contractor serving VA, MD, DC, NC & WV, now from 10 locations. Creating solutions for our customer's problems since 1963.

10/17/2016

David L.

All went smoothly.

Description of Work
Asbestos abatement.

Category ceramic tile

12/22/2014

Susan Y.

Description of Work
They removed old sheet vinyl flooring, which contained asbestos, from three rooms. The estimator showed up for the appointment on time and provided the price and contract in less than a week. We scheduled the work to fit in with another contractor working at our home. They curtained off the work area to protect the rest of the house from asbestos exposure. The Waco crew showed up on time, was courteous and conscientious, and completed the work on schedule.

07/22/2014

Taka A.

Did a thorough and professional job, but did miss one patch under a bookcase. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed asbestos tile from basement.

07/04/2014

Stephen K.

Called and obtained quote on 6/16/2014. Project Manager (Louis Walker) called and said he had an opening on 6/20/2014 and said he could do the work sooner than expected. Kevin (Foreman?) and 3 others showed up on time and went to work on the floor. Job involved moving some heavy furniture around. They finished in less than 6 hours. Since other reviews indicated that air quality tests had been performed, I requested a copy of the report from the General Superintendent (Marshall Taylor) and was told he'd mail it to me, but it's been more than two weeks and I still haven't received it. I called and left email messages but never received a response. While the work was performed satisfactorily and quickly, there was no follow-up and the Project Manager never contacted me to verify the project was completed correctly and provide me with a certified copy of the air quality test results.

Description of Work
Removed asbestos/tile floor from family room (approximately 250 sq ft) and took away all debris.

Category asbestos removal

Hi [member name removed], Thanks for taking time to provide your review of our project. After getting notice from Angie's List that Waco had a new review I signed in and read your comments. Lewis Walker was contacted and made aware that you had not received your copy of the final air samples. Lewis tells me that you now have them in hand. Reviews and comments such as yours help us find the areas where we need to work harder. We appreciate the opportunity to have performed this project for you and we hope that we will get an opportunity for other projects that you may have as well. (Larry Battaile, Waco's Angie's List coordinator).

02/15/2014

Jason O.

Great, very timely response.

Description of Work
Parts for lawnmower

Category lawn mower repair, asbestos removal

02/07/2014

CAROLBETH S.

I was very satisfied with the professionalism and quality of the work they did, and was assured by the air quality test that was done at completion.

Description of Work
They removed asbestos tile in a bedroom.

Category ceramic tile, asbestos removal

02/02/2014

Michael C.

A local competitor quoted me at $2,400 for the 10' x 14' vinyl floor removal. I called Waco and their rep came out quickly. I told him I was going to remove all cabinets, trim, and vents before the floor removal. With me doing some of the leg work, they quoted me at $1,400. How could I pass that price up? We agreed on an appointment a few weeks later (the delay was my request). They showed up on time and ready to work. The man who came to my house to give me the quote (Keith M.) also came out that morning to supervise the set up and double check the foreman's plan of action. He left after he felt they were headed in the right direction. I was glad that he took the time to come by and double check his workers. The removal went fairly quickly. They got the two layers of vinyl flooring out down to the subfloor in about 3 hours. They contract a laboratory to run an air quality test after the removal but before they tear down the protective sheeting. Unfortunately, this air quality test takes over an hour. So they are left sitting in their truck outside with no other work to do until the lab gives them the thumbs up to tear everything else down. Not their fault I suppose. Payment was made after their work was done and they emailed me the air quality report from the lab. Should I ever need their services again, I will definitely hire this company.

Description of Work
I was remodeling my kitchen and needed a pro to take out the old asbestos vinyl flooring.

11/06/2013

Michael C.

They were very competitive. The other quote we had was for $900 more. We liked that they are local. They follow all the guidelines for proper asbestos removal. They very thoroughly explained the process and the safety measures they put in place to take care of quality samples afterwards. The one negative thing is that they don't work with my schedule very well. He comes in very early, like 5:30 or 6 in the morning. I work evening shift so I don't get home until midnight so the time is difficult for us to coordinate. We've been communicating a lot by email and he is very quick to get back to me.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Waco Inc to remove all the kitchen floor. The kitchen is 10x17.

06/29/2013

William M.

The work was done competently and safely.

Description of Work
An asbestos coated boiler was torn apart and removed from the basement.

Category ceramic tile, asbestos removal

09/12/2012

Douglas P.

It went fine. I liked the work. They scheduled me in a timely matter and did the job in less than a day. They were rather thorough about it as well. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They removed floor tiling in the basement down to the concrete.

Category ceramic tile

10/23/2008

Maura B.

Months after the original quote, I phoned them and requested the work. They honored the original quote and did the work on short notice. They were prompt and the rest of the project moved on as planned.

Description of Work
They removed the asbestos from my old boiler so that an HVAC company could remove/replace the boiler.

Category asbestos removal

Kohmar Air Duct Cleaning LLC.

Kohmar is a professional air duct cleaning company. We use the most effective and powerful equipment in the industry and have the best trained and certified technicians. Don’t get scammed by other incompetent local air duct cleaning companies. Go to our website and check out our 12 step process of how we clean ductwork and see some amazing before and after pictures. Unlike many companies we charge by the square footage of your home so you know the price will not change once we get to your house. Also, we clean every piece of ductwork and register connected to your furnace so you know your system will be totally cleaned and we take before and after pictures to prove it. Call us today and start breathing a little easier. (804)382-9873 Kohmar has and continues to serve the following areas: • Richmond • Charlottesville • Petersburg • Hopewell • Colonial Heights • Amelia County • Caroline County • Charles City County • Chesterfield County • Dinwiddie County • Goochland County • Hanover County • Henrico County • King William County • New Kent County • Powhatan County • Prince George County • Sussex County • Atlee • Beach • Bon Air • Centralia • Chester • Chesterfield • Disputanta • Enon • Ettrick • Fair Oaks • Glen Allen • Glendale • Highland Springs • Kingsland • Lakeside • Laurel • Matoaka • Mechanicsville • Midlothian • Montrose • Moseley • New Bohemia • Prince George • Sandston • Short Pump • Soloman's Store • Varina • Winterpock • Williamsburg • Norfolk

Professional Appliance Repair

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

VANCE INSULATION INC

Vance Insulation is a local family owned and operated business in central Virginia that has been around since 1960. Our installers have over 30 years of experience on average and are trained and certified in Building Science Principals through the Building Performance Institute Inc. We offer common sense solutions for making your home more energy efficient. We are also certified in Environmental Mold Remediation, and are certified in Crawl Space Moisture Control/Management. We provide many insulation upgrades to residential homes including fiberglass, cellulose, and Closed Cell Foam. Jeff and Robbie Vance, with over 25 years of experience, will help you find the best solutions for your home at an affordable price.

MasterCard, Check, Visa

Asbestos Abatement, Mold Remediation, Lead Abatement, Duct Cleaning, Mechanical Insulation, Interior / Selective Demolition, Building Demolition, Pigeon Guano Clean Up.

Residential Insulation unless associated with asbestos abatement or mold project.