Dollman Construction, Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since January 2013

5219 Peters Creek Rd

Roanoke, VA 24019

Licensed General Contractors & Architects. Dollman Construction, Inc is a general contracting company offering commercial and residential design/build services to the Roanoke Valley, Smith Mountain Lake and the New River Valley. We have extensive experience in remodeling and expanding occupied homes and businesses as well as "concept to completion" new construction. All projects are priced and completed on a design/build basis but our initial consultation is free ....

09/26/2017

Glen B.

The crew that was onsite during the renovation was great as well. They always kept the site clean and was respectful when asked questions about the process. They were also very knowledgeable about construction and codes to make the house very sound. The house is around eighty years old and with the work they have done I can see it being around another eighty or more. The office staff was always willing to help with any questions or concerns we had and would promptly respond if they could not answer right then. Working with Dollman Construction was one of the best choices we made. People do not even recognize the house now that it is complete they did such a great job.

Description of Work
Complete renovation. We worked with them over the past year in meeting and getting initial thoughts on what we wanted and from there Jimmy Dollman had an architectural design drawn up that meet our budget and incorporated everything we were looking for in our renovation. The renovation consisted of the whole house being redesigned and rebuilt from the floor up to the roof. Their work included all new kitchen, adding a second bathroom, all new doors and windows, siding, replace a tin roof with sheeting and shingles, hardwood floors and outside decks on back and side of house.

Category contractors,concrete repair,countertops,decks,drywall,electrician,excavators,hardwood floor,lighting,masonry,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking,architect,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

06/27/2017

M K.

We have used Dollman twice to finish basements. They do very high quality work at a reasonable price. Always professional and show up early or on time and meet their deadlines.

Description of Work
1,000 square feet of basement finished.

Category remodeling,basement remodeling

04/12/2017

Paul S.

The company owner came to our home and we spent a lot of time showing him the kitchen and discussing the work that we wished to have done. He made notes, took with him the specifications for our new hood, and he said that he would get back to us with a written proposal. That was the last we saw or heard from him. At the very least, he could have contacted us to say that he was too busy or that the job was too much for him. Instead, he failed completely to follow up with us.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation, including including remove old and install new range hood, repair ceiling drywall, paint kitchen cabinets and install new pulls/handles, paint kitchen walls and ceiling.

Category remodeling

02/11/2017

CHRIS F.

If you want high quality work with an attention to detail delivered in a courteous, professional manner, Dollman Construction is for you! I contacted 4 contractors about this project. Only Dollman and one other company even bothered to call me back. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this company. We heard so many nightmares about our friends experiences with remodeling projects, we were nervous about this project. Dollman made our experience pleasurable. On time and on budjet! Our kitchen is AMAZING!!!!! Don't mess with any other company. Do yourself a favor and hire Dollman Construction for your project as well. Thanks to everyone at Dollman!!! We actually miss seeing you guys!

Description of Work
Gutted kitchen for total remodel.

Category architect,home remodeling

01/17/2017

Randall A.

My wife and I contacted Dollman Construction in early October with a challenging request. Basically, we needed to double the living space in our newly purchased home and to do it by the middle of December in time for her to move the contents of our home in Northern VA here and be settled in by the holidays. A lot to ask we knew, and after meeting with several other contractors in the area that were not willing to attempt to bring us in within the time frame we laid out, we were very pleased not only with Dollman’s “can do” attitude, but also with their professionalism and honesty with respect to the project. We wanted to finish our entire basement, including adding a full bathroom, great room, abundant storage space and an office/bedroom combination. From the onset, we were pleased with the approach. First we met with Jimmy Dollman the owner, and with his senior team to discuss every aspect of the job, there were several on-site meetings that included all of the sub-contractors that were going to be involved and then before we proceeded with anything, we were provided with detailed architectural drawings that covered every aspect of the job form the framing, plumbing and electrical to all of the side notes, the little things we wanted done that made this job unique. Throughout the project, we met regularly with the project manager assigned to our job, discussed any issues as they would arise, continued to get estimates on the timeline for completion and we were always in the loop, never blind-sided by anything. In addition, every contractor who worked on-site was respectful, treated our property with respect and were very clean, in fact the job site was left clean at the end of each day. All in all, we could not be more pleased with the job Dollman did for us, the quality of the work is excellent, the job was completed on time as promised and there were no unresolved issues or surprises at all. If you want your remodel done right – I would personally recommend Jimmy Dollman and his team of professionals, regardless of how small or large the job, your job is treated with the same attention to detail and the same priority.

Description of Work
Dollman Construction provided us with end-to-end architectural design, detail drawings and the complete remodeling/finishing of our entire unfinished basement in our newly acquired home in the Roanoke area, on very short notice and within very tight time constraints. They took our completely unfinished basement and nearly doubled the size of our home, adding a great room with very dramatic ceilings, an office/bedroom combination room, a full bathroom and abundant storage including a very nice cedar closet and they brought it in on time and without any real issues.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

11/11/2016

Robin B.

This was my second project completed by Dollman Construction, Jimmy Dollman met with me personally and understood exactly what I envisioned. Anyone who worked on the project was neat, courteous and punctual, and did an excellent job. The project turned out beautiful.

Description of Work
Complete powder room remodel

Category remodeling,home remodeling

09/03/2016

BRENDA P.

Roof is leaking ! I contacted DOLLMAN about our roof leaking 5/23/16 . The roof was still under warranty. He kept putting me off for so long to fix it that it got so bad I had to call another contractor for repairs. The new contractor took pictures and told me our roof was nailed wrong . Also our vents was not sealed right. I cannot get the pictures on here. I feel that Dollman took advantage of us because my husband is a disabled Veteran and could not get on the roof to look at it. I have made several calls and sent e mails to Dollman and he will not respond any more ! We thought we had a good new roof put on. We had to pay for the roof ourself because we had just got new homeowners insurance and was afraid they would cancel our insurance if we turned anything in so soon.

Description of Work
Complete new roof put on home and new vents and sky lights put in.

Category roofing,skylights

The information contained in this Member review is not accurate and we deny all of these claims. We are currently attempting to make contact with this Member by using the information provided in their review, but have had no success. Dollman Construction, Inc.

04/25/2016

Mary H.

My new construction defines quality. The appraiser stated that he had not seem this level of quality during his entire career which spans 25 years! Not only is the construction top-notch, but the design service is equally amazing. Jimmy is a true artist. I'm the pickiest person ever -- if you can please me, you've really done something! I could not be happier!

Description of Work
Added two rooms, covered porch, portico and remodeled bathroom.

Category remodeling,architect,home remodeling,sunrooms

02/21/2016

Lisa C.

We contacted Dollman in spring of last year. From the very start, we knew this was the company for us. Jimmy Dollman met with us several times during the design process. We didn't have a good idea of what we could do with the house but Mr. Dollman provided us with several optional designs and was always available to answer our questions. We finally settled on a design that would meet our needs and budget and we found the itemized options to be a very nice part of the design because we were able to choose the things that we found the most important to our family. The construction went very well. We were updated frequently and Dollman sent us photos of the house along the way. Even our bank's inspection person told us that our project went seamlessly. We are very happy with our home and we would definitely recommend the Dollman guys and gals.

Description of Work
Prepared plans and built a two story addition on the rear of our Christiansburg home, remodeled our kitchen, and made other repairs. Our project consisted of a loft style master suite (love our shower btw), family room with spiral stairs, a kitchen transformation, and our electricity was upgraded and furnace was changed.

Category remodeling,home builders,architect,home remodeling

01/11/2016

Janet S.

They responded to my inquiry on the repairs very quickly and Mr. Dollman came out to give me a "ballpark" estimate. For the water heater replacement, another contractor that I had gone to only had the solution of cutting into the wall on the outside of the room, replacing water heater, and then fixing the drywall hole that was made to get the water heater replaced. Mr. Dollman took several measurements, and then suggested moving the door to the room slightly and installing a wider door. After I heard that there was an alternative to just "fixing" the issue for a one time replacement, I was sold. He went through all of the issues that I had with me, and told me what he was planning to do to resolve them. After the inital inspection, he quickly provided me with the design plans that he had drawn up to resolve the issue for the room holding the water heater, showing the new layout of that room. They also contained a description of the work to be performed for all of the repairs, and the cost of all. Once I accepted the proposal, they were out to complete the work very quickly. They were probably the best company that I have come accross for cleaning up, at every step of the repair process. When I had some things that I wanted "tweaked", they responded promptly. I am very pleased with the results of all of the repairs, and I am planning to use them for another home project that I will be completing. All in all, I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I have a room with my water heater in it, but due to the positioning of my air conditioner unit, I was unable to get the water heater out to replace it. I also had some drafts coming in from the outlets, plumbing access and a small hole from a cable cord that had once been installed on my back wall, so I wanted these all insulated and sealed. In my kitchen there was a hole in the "toe kick" that was under my lower cabinets that was allowing a draft from outside. There was also a plumbing access in my foyer that I was wanting finished, as another contractor had left a hole in the drywall and had never returned to finish it. In addition, I had two light fixtures and a ceiling fan to replace.

Category drywall,electrician,excavators,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,ceiling fans,home remodeling

Golden choice pro painters

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Parmer and Sons, LLC

Painters Who Help You Make Your Home Beautiful With Ease. Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, and Deck staining. founder Bill Parmer had several bad experiences with service providers and contractors. He thought there has to be a better way than the “typical” way of painting… Bill set out to help people get their homes beautifully painted with ease. He spent the next 30+ years helping his customers take care of their homes by providing POLITE COMMUNICATION, CLEAN PROFESSIONAL PROCESS and CRAFTSMANSHIP in his painting. While many painting companies have come and gone, Parmer and Sons is now into it’s 2nd generation and carrying on the legacy.

All Around Home Improv. & Landscaping

Here at All Around we offer quality and affordable landscaping and home improvement services. We are a small family oriented business with 15+ years of hands on experience that we want to use to your advantage. we would love to help you with all your Home Improvement projects and Landscaping needs at an affordable price. We offer Free Estimates for our services and strive for 100% customer satisfaction! Let us turn your home into your own little paradise! Please don't hesitate to contact us. We would love to to hear from you!

2705079894A
    Virginia
    Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
    10/31/2017

Licensed General Contractors & Architects. Dollman Construction, Inc offers complete commercial and residential design/build remodeling and new construction services. Some of our services include: design/build, architectural design, home building, custom additions, major remodeling, kitchens, custom sunrooms & conservatories, whole house remodels, new construction, office/retail space alterations, tenant build-outs and worship facility projects.

The following services are offered only to previous customers: Insurance claim repairs/restoration, roof repairs, concrete repairs, small carpentry projects and handyman services.