Woodfin

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2006

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

We accept remote payment

Additional DBAs - Woodfin Oil Co, Woodfin Plumbing & Woodfin Electrical, All Secure Watchdog Security....

Crawl Space Insulators Company

We Are Offering A Big change For Your Home, New Insulation. Big difference for the wood, scrubbing the wood firts and then the mold treatment we use jomax, 30seg, and bleach. taking away the insulation is not good

America Energy Solution

America Energy Solution Specializes in the latest home insulation technologies, our products are the highest quality and produce real results for your home. Our goal is to bring the latest in energy efficiency to your home in order to bring your expenses down and increase the value of your home. Attic Insulation/Radiant Barrier, Solar Attic Fans, LED Lightbulbs, Hot Water Heater Wraps and More!

Offers by America Energy Solution on Angi
Affordable Crawlspace Care

acc is a USMC Veteran owned and family operated business with local roots. We specialize in not charging a fortune, doing quality Crawlspace work and being upfront and straightforward with our potential clients. Crawlspace repair, insulation and vapor barrier replacement, mold remediation and encapsulation are our thing. I personally look forward to coming out myself and inspecting your Crawlspace and offering Affordable Crawlspace Care for you and your family.

03/06/2021

I called Woodfin because our downstairs was not heating. They came out to do a routine cleaning and to inspect it. They charged me $89. They said when doing the maintenance that my entire heat pump was damaged and that it would cost me $10k-$20k to replace it. I had my father visit me the next day when Josh Honeycutt was supposed to give me a final quote. Josh Honeycutt tried to give me a quote on a heat pump that he had on file... only the heat pump he was referring to wasn't mine... it was someone else's file. He then tried to brush it off and tell me that our compressor wasn't working. My father, a machinist of 40 years, told him he could tell the compressor was working. Josh couldn't provide an explanation and admitted that he didn't know how the heat pump worked. So the man who was going to give me a quote doesn't know how a heat pump works? Upon further inspection, my heating unit that was supposedly was clean was never cleaned. I guess Woodfin didn't think I knew anything or would check. I took pictures of the uncleaned unit and was able to get my money refunded. My heat pump was also eventually fixed for $100 by someone else... low on refrigerant and needed to be cleaned... go figure. Woodfin is trying to take advantage of people who they think don't know any better. Only this time, they messed with the wrong person.

Description of Work
Heating & Air

02/23/2021

Hunter A. provided excellent service. Woodfin sales agents are thorough, kind, real and to the point and ensure attention to detail and customer service is upheld. I was amazed how they texted me and let me know they were coming in ten which gave the fam heads up to mask up and have stuff ready. He arrived within ten minutes. Hunter had the decency to come with a mask and hear us out. Got straight to servicing this wretched oil burner and did quality work. He responded courteously to my various question without any BS and with the details he could. The burner is now cleaned and we can now confidently use it without breathing in noxious gases like we did last night. Oh, did I mention Woodfin got back to us the following morning of when we noticed how we were in trouble with the burner the night before?! This 179 dollar per item per year insurance-esque service Woodfin does is excellent and of great value. He even cleaned and did work on other items of the burner and gave me a feel of when things might need to be replaced. As of right now the product provides 20% off parts so I very well may follow through on a new motor if need be. Of course, there’s whether or not this maintenance and cleaning is lasting, but it sure seems like it in comparison to the sub-par people we once used who were more expensive. I’m confident I can reach out to Woodfin for future maintenances/services. I’m in need of a new heating and cooling system and HVAC work for this house too, so after I upgrade the electricity next month, I’m sure to consider Woodfin to do that too.

Description of Work
Maintenance and cleaning of oil burner

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words. We will be sure to pass them along to Hunter and our team. Please let us know whenever you need anything in the future. We are always happy to help.

04/13/2020

Been with them 30 years. Good service.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your patronage. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with in the future.

09/26/2019

My 1940’s basement needed all systems replaced due to a recent flooding. Alex Bruster, Comfort Advisor, quickly assessed my needs and listened to my desired outcome. Together, a plan was devised to replace the old systems with a new tankless WH, Super High Efficiency Boiler and a new generator. Woodfin employees, such as Randy, Anthony and many others, did an amazing job of transforming my old space into a more functional and updated space. They were all professional, polite, communicative and hardworking. These are all the characteristics you want in a company. Call Woodfin... you won’t regret it!

Description of Work
Basement Overhaul

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,generator service

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving a review. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of the gentlemen involved. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/16/2019

Representative providing the estimate was first rate, knowledgeable and thorough. Price was competitive. Elected to use another contractor providing a quote on the same equipment who provided a couple of "extras" and could could install the system sooner. The installation time was important as hot weather was eminent. Will certainly give them consideration for future work.

Description of Work
Heat Pump Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry it didn’t work out. Please let us know if there is anything in the future we can help you with.

12/29/2018

The technician told us our top element needed to be replaced, however they only have pricing to replace both the top and bottom element. He then proceeded to let us know of other possible costs that could occur during the repair and encouraged us to just replace the entire hot water heater for a price of over $1200.00. We declined the service and contacted another plumbing company who came and checked out the system, including checking the thermostat and the water temperature and reported neither of our elements were needing to be replaced and there was no need to replace the unit!!

Description of Work
We have had a service agreement with Woodfin, so I had them come to check out our hot water heater, thinking we were running out of hot water more quickly then expected after having a house full of people over the holiday.

Category water heater repair

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I have passed along your concern to our plumbing department manager. We will be looking into your complaint and contacting you soon.

10/04/2018

We had a fantastic experience with Woodfin, utilizing their after-hours emergency service on the Labor Day weekend, specifically on a Sunday. The utility power line to our home had been cut by a neighbor on their property, unbeknownst to us, and the problem expressed itself on a holiday weekend. We had no major appliances (air conditioning) working. Woodfin diagnosed the problem immediately, and called Dominion Power for us, resulting in a site-visit by Dominion that evening and a temporary portable transformer being installed, all occurring within 8-10 hours of the initial phone call to Woodfin's after hours service.

Description of Work
Diagnosis with uneven voltage/power supply to appliances in home - single phasing problem

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate [Member Information Removed] patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

06/29/2018

They were prompt, efficient, and did the work very quickly.

Description of Work
Something was wrong on the capacitor. They came out and fixed it for about 2 or 3 hours.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/17/2018

My inspection today went very well. Adam was very professional and knowledgeable. He did a great job!!

Description of Work
I had an annual electrical inspection under my comfort protection plan.

Category electrician

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Adam. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/17/2018

It went great! Brandon was very professional and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and pointed out some concerns to me. He wrote a great agreement for me to consider. He was very nice too!!

Description of Work
An annual plumbing inspection under my comfort protection plan.

Category plumbing

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Brandon. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

Install and Service- heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, generators, indoor air quality, home security & automation systems and deliver heating oil & propane fuel.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check