We accept remote payment

Woodfin

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2006

1823 N Hamilton St.

Richmond, VA 23230

Additional DBAs - Woodfin Oil Co, Woodfin Plumbing & Woodfin Electrical....

01/03/2022

Patricia D.

We bought an all house generator from Woodfin. Unfortunately every time we have needed it, it will not run. Now we have a major snow storm with thousands out of power. It’s supposed to get in the teens tonight. Our generator won’t run! We called Woodfin. All we got was, sorry we can’t get to you until tomorrow. Clearly they sell an inferior product and they don’t provide customer service when it is needed. So, I really can’t recommend spending all of the money we did with this company. Unreliable product and customer service! They really don’t care once they get your money. This was a $10,000 mistake!

Description of Work
Generator they installed won’t run

Category appliance repair, generator service

Hi [Member Name Removed], We absolutely sympathize with the issues that you have had since we installed your generator in 2018. That is extremely frustrating. Unfortunately this time the issue was not with the generator but with the regulator for the propane that fuels the generator. Do to the weather and the amount of calls that we were facing, we could not get out there the same day. We are terribly sorry for the delay. We are glad that we were able to get out there the next day and fix everything for you.

03/06/2021

Abby W.

I called Woodfin because our downstairs was not heating. They came out to do a routine cleaning and to inspect it. They charged me $89. They said when doing the maintenance that my entire heat pump was damaged and that it would cost me $10k-$20k to replace it. I had my father visit me the next day when Josh Honeycutt was supposed to give me a final quote. Josh Honeycutt tried to give me a quote on a heat pump that he had on file... only the heat pump he was referring to wasn't mine... it was someone else's file. He then tried to brush it off and tell me that our compressor wasn't working. My father, a machinist of 40 years, told him he could tell the compressor was working. Josh couldn't provide an explanation and admitted that he didn't know how the heat pump worked. So the man who was going to give me a quote doesn't know how a heat pump works? Upon further inspection, my heating unit that was supposedly was clean was never cleaned. I guess Woodfin didn't think I knew anything or would check. I took pictures of the uncleaned unit and was able to get my money refunded. My heat pump was also eventually fixed for $100 by someone else... low on refrigerant and needed to be cleaned... go figure. Woodfin is trying to take advantage of people who they think don't know any better. Only this time, they messed with the wrong person.

Description of Work
Heating & Air

02/23/2021

Oscar G.

Hunter A. provided excellent service. Woodfin sales agents are thorough, kind, real and to the point and ensure attention to detail and customer service is upheld. I was amazed how they texted me and let me know they were coming in ten which gave the fam heads up to mask up and have stuff ready. He arrived within ten minutes. Hunter had the decency to come with a mask and hear us out. Got straight to servicing this wretched oil burner and did quality work. He responded courteously to my various question without any BS and with the details he could. The burner is now cleaned and we can now confidently use it without breathing in noxious gases like we did last night. Oh, did I mention Woodfin got back to us the following morning of when we noticed how we were in trouble with the burner the night before?! This 179 dollar per item per year insurance-esque service Woodfin does is excellent and of great value. He even cleaned and did work on other items of the burner and gave me a feel of when things might need to be replaced. As of right now the product provides 20% off parts so I very well may follow through on a new motor if need be. Of course, there’s whether or not this maintenance and cleaning is lasting, but it sure seems like it in comparison to the sub-par people we once used who were more expensive. I’m confident I can reach out to Woodfin for future maintenances/services. I’m in need of a new heating and cooling system and HVAC work for this house too, so after I upgrade the electricity next month, I’m sure to consider Woodfin to do that too.

Description of Work
Maintenance and cleaning of oil burner

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words. We will be sure to pass them along to Hunter and our team. Please let us know whenever you need anything in the future. We are always happy to help.

04/13/2020

william H.

Been with them 30 years. Good service.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your patronage. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with in the future.

09/26/2019

Jessica C.

My 1940’s basement needed all systems replaced due to a recent flooding. Alex Bruster, Comfort Advisor, quickly assessed my needs and listened to my desired outcome. Together, a plan was devised to replace the old systems with a new tankless WH, Super High Efficiency Boiler and a new generator. Woodfin employees, such as Randy, Anthony and many others, did an amazing job of transforming my old space into a more functional and updated space. They were all professional, polite, communicative and hardworking. These are all the characteristics you want in a company. Call Woodfin... you won’t regret it!

Description of Work
Basement Overhaul

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, generator service

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving a review. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of the gentlemen involved. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/16/2019

Marcia S.

Representative providing the estimate was first rate, knowledgeable and thorough. Price was competitive. Elected to use another contractor providing a quote on the same equipment who provided a couple of "extras" and could could install the system sooner. The installation time was important as hot weather was eminent. Will certainly give them consideration for future work.

Description of Work
Heat Pump Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry it didn’t work out. Please let us know if there is anything in the future we can help you with.

12/29/2018

Margie C.

The technician told us our top element needed to be replaced, however they only have pricing to replace both the top and bottom element. He then proceeded to let us know of other possible costs that could occur during the repair and encouraged us to just replace the entire hot water heater for a price of over $1200.00. We declined the service and contacted another plumbing company who came and checked out the system, including checking the thermostat and the water temperature and reported neither of our elements were needing to be replaced and there was no need to replace the unit!!

Description of Work
We have had a service agreement with Woodfin, so I had them come to check out our hot water heater, thinking we were running out of hot water more quickly then expected after having a house full of people over the holiday.

Category water heater repair

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I have passed along your concern to our plumbing department manager. We will be looking into your complaint and contacting you soon.

10/04/2018

DOUGLAS B.

We had a fantastic experience with Woodfin, utilizing their after-hours emergency service on the Labor Day weekend, specifically on a Sunday. The utility power line to our home had been cut by a neighbor on their property, unbeknownst to us, and the problem expressed itself on a holiday weekend. We had no major appliances (air conditioning) working. Woodfin diagnosed the problem immediately, and called Dominion Power for us, resulting in a site-visit by Dominion that evening and a temporary portable transformer being installed, all occurring within 8-10 hours of the initial phone call to Woodfin's after hours service.

Description of Work
Diagnosis with uneven voltage/power supply to appliances in home - single phasing problem

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate [Member Information Removed] patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

06/29/2018

G Duane G.

They were prompt, efficient, and did the work very quickly.

Description of Work
Something was wrong on the capacitor. They came out and fixed it for about 2 or 3 hours.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/17/2018

Nancy B.

My inspection today went very well. Adam was very professional and knowledgeable. He did a great job!!

Description of Work
I had an annual electrical inspection under my comfort protection plan.

Category electrician

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Adam. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/17/2018

Nancy B.

It went great! Brandon was very professional and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and pointed out some concerns to me. He wrote a great agreement for me to consider. He was very nice too!!

Description of Work
An annual plumbing inspection under my comfort protection plan.

Category plumbing

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Brandon. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/16/2018

Patricia N.

Woodfin's technician Harley and his assistant Diego did a wonderful job. They were on time, respectful of my home, cleaned up after themselves and were professional and courteous. Many Thanks to Woodfin, our home team, for yet another wonderful service experience.

Description of Work
We had 2 attic tents installed in our home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Harley and Diego. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

05/14/2018

Michele R.

He was late, but did call. Spent and hour checking out systems for estimate. Said he would call with price but does not email quote. Never heard from him at all with quote. Big waste of time.

Description of Work
Two new hvac systems

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [Member Name Removed], We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our Comfort Advisor. Communication with our customers is very important to us. Our sales manager will contacting you very soon.

05/04/2018

Judy G.

The Woodfin team is always professional and courteous. They weren't just selling, but they determined the best course of action to take.

Description of Work
Plumbing inspection

Category plumbing

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

04/24/2018

Larry M.

Patrick and the whole Woodfin team did their usual excellent work: professional, efficient, courteous, helpful, and informative. I'll always welcome them and rely on them to do outstanding work for me.

Description of Work
Generator repair

Category electrician, generator service

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Patrick and the team. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

04/17/2018

Anne P.

Called Woodfin and David B came out and checked system. Leaks from AC duct on basement ceiling made basement very cold. David determined where leaks were and taped the ducts. Explained what he was doing and why. No problem with AC system itself. He was very helpful and patient.

Description of Work
cold air from AC duct leaking into basement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to David. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

04/12/2018

Leah R.

Great! Rick B. was so nice and so honest - he explained things to me, and spent the time to do a solid inspection. I will always use Woodfin!

Description of Work
AC Inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Rick. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

03/30/2018

Jordan D.

Jessie Hall was the electrician sent to perform service. His work was tidy and fast and he thoroughly explained all of the electrical connections in the home. He was kind and extremely professional. He explained the pricing benefits of the year-long comfort plan at $99 (with20% off services) as compared to the one time service visit of $79. He also offered good information about what projects might best be done by homeowners (at a lower cost and a visit to Lowe’s). He also priced out a larger unrelated project during his repair visit. If we have future electrical issues, I would be very happy to have Jessie doing the work and being in our home.

Description of Work
Interior & exterior outlet work

Category electrician

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Jesse. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

03/28/2018

Pamela B.

Woodfin had an answering service when I called, after hours, requesting I would need service the next day. They called first thing the next day, gave me a convenient time that they would come out, Eric was right on time, and fixed the problem within an hour. He was courteous and knowledgeable and I was very relieved to have it taken care so quickly since my family was visiting the next day. Since I was anxious about the problem, he was nice enough to keep me informed as he progressed., Woodfin has never let me down and have been working with them for over 30 years

Description of Work
Servicing for my heat/ cooling system that was not working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Eric. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

03/19/2018

Gary C.

Woodfin has handled our HVAC service for ~ 1 year. We bought a WH generator from them, and have been very pleased with the instillation of that and the overall professionalism of the company. Robert cam out recently to service HVAC for the spring, and he took time to review our system condition with us and make a few recommendations to save operational expense. All are questions were answered before he departed. Thanks Robert.

Description of Work
HVAC routine service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Robert. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.

03/13/2018

Catherine A S.

The experience was excellent! Very impressed with all techs and their knowledge, professionalism and helpfulness!

Description of Work
My first experience with Woodfin - purchased the whole house Service Pack for checkups with HVAC, electric and plumbing

03/09/2018

Shelley B.

Perfect. Good responsiveness, excellent information and explanation.

Description of Work
Checking filters

02/17/2018

John N.

Technician arrived promptly and corrected the problem: he had to leave to get a replacement part and gave us two hours of his time from start to finish. He gave a clear explanation of the problem and every aspect of this experience was excellent.

Description of Work
Gas heater failed on a cold weekend morning

02/14/2018

James G.

Great. He was thorough in his inspection and discussed his findings. Woodfin is an excellent company to do business with. Maintenance on my oil burner and heat pump was performed by another technician on the same afternoon. Work was done with efficiency and was thoroughly accomplished. I have done business for 30 years with this company and have always been completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Electrical Inspection

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/14/2018

Michael G.

James S, (23) did a wonderful job and was very helpful, polite, considerate and all that is needed in a capable service technician. Woodfin has been a great company for us.

Description of Work
Inspected entire heating system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to James. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to working with you in the future.